Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Watching the firelights -Zelly-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

Watching the firelights -Zelly- Empty
PostSubject: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

It was quite depressing, really. Amaranta had no date, not even one dance. She'd let her hair fall down her back once, and spent her whole summer allowance on a party dress. She'd had her hooves and nails done up, and prettied up her face. And here she was, sitting on a blanket to watch the fireworks, her goat-legs pulled up to her chest, the lower half of her face hidden behind the taffeta skirt. "Some magical night, Ama... You didn't even get one dance...Who was I kidding...no one wants to dance with a girl who's half goat..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:17 am

Camp was okay, really. Once you got past the tree-people (what were they called, Driads, or something? Or were they the water ones...?), it was actually pretty fun. You know, the rock wall was hard... But, Matua found, if he thought hard enough about the rocks, sometimes the smaller ones would dodge him. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it was handy at least. The lava, of course, still came, leaving fourteen year-old with a sizable burn on his left forearm.

And now there were fireworks... it was pretty cool. And definitely not 'normal' fireworks -- unless you counted full animated films made of pyrotechnics as normal. You might if you lived in some kind of fairyland ancient China. Maybe. Still, it was pretty amazing. The fireworks were coming from a pontoon, about two hundred metres or so from the shore. There was a Hephaestus kid in a small canoe, floating away from where the fireworks were bursting out, probably making sure everything went smoothly. But, from what Matua could tell of the Hephaestus kids and their creations, it was a pretty rare event when anything went anything but smoothly.

From what Matua could tell, the beach he was walking onto was facing North, pointing towards the Arctic circle, somewhere far away. He didn't know why that thought struck him; Long Island wasn't that close to the Arctic. Sure, it was colder than his home, but it was Arctic. He wandered down to the bottom of the dunes, his bare feet digging into the sand. Somewhere beneath he felt the roots of the grasses that faced the water, somehow keeping hold, while the sea winds kept on pounding towards them. He noticed a girl -- woah, a Satyr, sitting on her own. A Satyr... they were kind of freaky, goat legs and all, but his father was Captain Freaky. He had no excuse not to say hi... They were still human beings, kind of.

He walked over to her awkwardly, and said, "Hi."

Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Upon hearing the greeting, the she-satyr looked up. "Uhm, hi." she said, trying to push a smile foward. It was hard, considering the lonely evening she'd been having. She pushed a hoof into the sand, letting it flow over the glossy pink surface. "Enjoying the fireworks?" she asked, conversatonally. She offered the spot next to her with a wave of a manicured hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Why did he do that? It wasn't in Matua's nature to talk to anyone at all, really. And now he was stuck with the burden of needing to talk to the person. A person with goat legs. Matua doubted he'd be able to get over that fact. When they got wet, they'd smell. A lot. When the person... erm, excreted, it'd get all over the... fur. The legs would smell, and there is no way to move forward from that point. To Matua, at least.

"They're loud. And bright." he replied coldly to the Satyr. He did not want to be here. But, social expectations decreed he had to stay with the person, now, at least... Did he have to follow them? He was a son of Hades. They were meant to be weird, and outsiders. So he did have an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

"Uh...okay?" she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Ama was used to hesitation around her. It was understandable for satyr boys to be around. But lady-satyrs, not so much. She appeared to take very good care of herself. Clean hair, fur and skin. Manicured fingers and hooves. Looking up at him, she sighed. "You don't have to sit with me if you don't want to." She said, looking back to the fireworks, her face drawn. It looked like she was steeling herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching the firelights -Zelly-   Watching the firelights -Zelly- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching the firelights -Zelly-
Page 1 of 1