Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tessa Marks

Tessa Marks

Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) Empty
PostSubject: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

I approached the Ares cabin and knocked on the door. I guess my movement caused the door to creak open, leaving a big enough crack for me to see through. "Hello? Is anybody there?" I whisper, my voice echoing through the nearly-empty cabin. "I'm here for my sword fighting lessons..." I peered into the cabin and saw the weapons mounted on the wall. "Gosh, these guys take fighting seriously around here..." I whisper to myself, cautiously looking around to see if anybody heard it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Curiously looking up from my battle axe at the sound of the cabin door creaking open (why it was closed I have no idea, we seldom closed the door unless we were sleeping ), I set down the rag I had been cleaning the blade with and straightened. Even though I uncharacteristically friendlier that my half-siblings it didn't mean that I rushed to greet people, I said that I was friendlier than my siblings which didn't necessarily mean that I was what most people considered friendly.

Leaving my battle axe where it was, I examined the girl before walking over her. Raising one of my eyebrows, I crossed my arms. "Hey there, you looking for anybody in particular to teach you?"
Back to top Go down
Tessa Marks

Tessa Marks

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:43 pm

I observed the girl, and eyed the battle axe she had been cleaning. "Uh, no. Chiron told me I needed sword fighting lessons, after I pierced through his legs 2 times." I stagger, rubbing my neck and smiling nervously. "I'm not very good at sword fighting, I don't have a good aim and I can't make it go where I want it to go." I laughed and sat down on her bed. "I'm Tessa Marks, Daughter of Athena."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I whistled and held my hand up for a high-five. "You got Chiron in the leg twice? That's pretty impressive. I'm Valora Lennox, daughter of Ares - but you already knew that. Sword-fighting isn't really my preferred style by my father would probably disown me if I were terrible at it. I guess I could teach you the basics and then once you get the hang of those I'll teach you more advanced things." I said, grinning. Taking down a sword from the wall - hey they weren't just for decoration - I was about to take another when I paused. "You got your own special, named sword or do you want one from here?"
Back to top Go down
Tessa Marks

Tessa Marks

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 pm

"Well, Actually it was an accident. You see, I don't have good hand-Eye cordination, so it makes it harder for me to throw my spears." I explain, using hand motions. I look at the girl and smile. "I think it'll be better if I borrowed a sword from you, my Spears are in the Armory for repair. I chipped the top when I hit some boys armor." I smile and take one of her swords, clutching it in my hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm

"Alright." I said, chuckling as she clutched the sword's handle tightly. "Good thing you have a nice grip, no enemies will be knocking that out of your hand now. Try not to be so rigid, you need to move. Let's start off with some disarms." Easing into a basic defensive position, I spread my feet slightly apart and gripped the swords firmly with both hands. "Okay, try to knock it out of my hands, try your best to aim for the sword. Try to twist and do things that I won't expect, let your mind go mind and plan something, you being a daughter of Athena you'll form a solid plan in no time."

(( Oh gosh, my posts are practically all dialogue, it hurts my eyes. >>;; ))
Back to top Go down
Tessa Marks

Tessa Marks

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

I nod and observe his grip. Very tight, I might want to go with hitting the bottom of the blade? I smile and hit the tip of her sword, twisting and hitting the bottom of the sword, near the grip. "Uh, Do you have any hand sheilds or something? I'm going to go for a tequnique that involves your hands..."

Last edited by Tessa Marks on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 pm

(( Lol, Valora is a girl. xD ))

"Hand shields? For me or you?" I asked, setting my sword down on a nearby table and going over to the drawer beside my bunk. Looking through it, I pushed aside the things that were of no use right now before letting out a triumphant cry and brought out a pair of gloves with small shields which expanded when you pressed a symbol which was in the middle of the palms. I also brought out five steel wristband with markings and carving all over them, I slipped two onto my left arm and slipped the rest on my right arm. Carrying the gloves over to Tessa, I offered them to her.
Back to top Go down
Tessa Marks

Tessa Marks

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:21 pm

((Oops! Sorry! Edited.))

"You, I'm going to...Uh, try to wedge the sword out of your hands." I explain nervously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 am

(( S'all good. ))

As soon as I heard her say "I'm going to.." I slapped my hands over my ears and shut my eyes closed. "Don't tell me what you're planning!" I said, peeking open an eye to see if she was done. Lowering my hands, I smiled at her before slipping on the gloves and pressing the symbols on each palm, the shield immediately sprang out and I clenched and relaxed my fists.

Picking up my sword again, I grasped it the same way as before and smiled at her encouragingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)   Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword Fighting Lessons (Open!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: