Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sniggle is so silly!

Go down 
+9
Charlie
Angel
cher
firelord zuko
Zan
Sniggle
jessica
Ninja Poet
Nico
13 posters

Should Sniggle be an Admin with us?
Absolutely! Sniggle's perfect!
Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_lcap67%Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 24 ]
I don't care. We just need help.
Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_lcap8%Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
No, I don't think so.
Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_lcap25%Sniggle is so silly! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Sniggle is so silly! Empty
PostSubject: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

As a member of the Admin team, I have not been fulfilling my duties, most of us have been pretty inactive. This was brought my attention by Angel, who made a lovely topic in the suggestion box. It guested weasel help, so we have.

We have asked Sniggle to join our admin team because she is active and lovely and we trust her and you guys trust her and she's perfect and yes. (That was my persuasive sentence.) But Sniggle is also modest, and she wanted us to make sure that you all were, for the most part, okay with her being an Admin. So, just vote here on whether or not you would like Sniggle to join our staff and lend her helping hand!

The poll is absolutely anonymous, so don't feel worried that someone will ridicule you for your choice. Just vote honestly!(: This poll will last for exactly five days.

Love,
CHB Staff

Last edited by Nico on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Sniggle, but I don't think it would be fair to promote her to an admin. Yes, she would do a good job, but I think it would be unfair to the other moderators who have worked their butts off as a moderator whom I think you should hand the position to. People like Colby, Rachie, Cher, Death, Kat and even Bre, although she's been inactive for a while. All I'm saying is, Sni, I love you, and think you would make a good admin, but maybe look to the moderators first. They know how to handle the forum already, etc.
Also, it says that Danny and Skye are moderators owo.

-- Ninja;

p.s. if you're so bothered about inactive admins, have you considered de-moting the ones who are inactive, and have been for a while, and offering the positions to other members? Same with moderators. Hey, could even be time for re-elections. Jussayin >_>
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I felt the someway as Roo did. Maybe you good promote Sni to moderator and promote one of the older moderators to administrators.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Completely understandable Roo. c: I had the feeling some people might be uncomfortable with it, hence the public vote. And I know you love me and I love you too~ <3

I do agree with doing something about inactive mods. Specifically, I think Inan would be better in the legends group. .3. Angel and I had a long conversation about that lol.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm not going to lie, I kind of disagree with Roo but I feel like my opinion here isn't needed since I'm totally biased. If anyone remembers, my promotion was just due to Bunny being bored. And I went from a cabin leader to an admin. I think it would be totally fair. If someone's better than someone else, they just have to understand that. Life isn't always fair.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 am

I have no problem with Sniggle being an admin. I just hope she does a good job. But I know she will! As long as Sniggle does a good job, I don't think I care to much about the fairness.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:54 am

Cher has no problem with Snig being admin as long as she wants to. If she feels that she doesn't want to, then don't push it. We all love Snig and would love her as a staff member, but I think that maybe moderator would be a better choice, if I thought about it. I would probably give the admin spot to someone like Colby, because she's a mod already, and because Snig is leaving us after, and we seriously don't want another Ianan situation. I'm sorry Snig. It's because an administrator is so much more than a moderator and a CL. I believe that Snig would do great things in leading the site and opening it up to new suggestions. But again, that would be only two months of being admin and I'm sure we will keep her around for another couple of years before the newer members start complaining xD.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:10 am

You know... While I'm all for fairness and things like that, we're not taking turns in kindergarten. We're not passing around the cookies for everyone to take one. This isn't about taking turns or being fair, it's about running a large site. The mods are all great, and they're all done a fantastic job, but let me take you back a year...

Our amazing, wonderful, and perfect admin Dan was very new to the site when he was promoted. He was here maybe a month? Maybe less? Sure, there were people that were here longer. But look what came out of it. Now we have Dan the admin! I personally couldn't picture the site without him.
It may not seem fair at first, but sometimes the best thing for the site isn't always fair. Now am I saying that Sniggle is the best thing for the site? Yes and no.

Pros:
    1. Sniggle has proven herself to be a dedicated member
    2. She's proven that she's able to diffuse a tense situation and handle problems
    3. She's a very good rp'er and would set great examples with her posts
    4. She's mature when she needs to be
    5. She's not afraid to voice her opinion or to try and get people moving. Big on motivation, that one.
    6. She's pretty well liked around the site
    7. She's been here for a good while now
    8. She's able to handle two canons, both pretty complex characters.
    9. She's very responsible and gets things done
    10. She's a great listener and is always open to people PM'ing her with problems
    11. She's good at communicating

Cons:
    1. She's not a mod, so she'd be jumping straight to admin. While it isn't that big of a deal to me, it can be a bit of a shock and is a big deal to some. So I'll list it.
    2. While she's been here for about 6 months, it's not years and years.
    3. She doesn't always see eye to eye with the choices the staff makes. Depending on your position in the site, this could be good or bad for you.
    4. She can sometimes be a little rude when in an argument
    5. She'll be leaving at the end of the summer, most likely.
    6. She can sometimes be a little too honest about her opinions

So, that's my Pro-Con list. There may be more, or there may be ones that you don't agree with, I know.
But unless you want to write your own pro-con list, deal with it.

Now, there is one thing that is a big concern for me. Sniggle is leaving at the end of the summer. That being said, I think it seems silly to bring in an admin, no matter hoe great they are, for that short of time. It takes a while to get used to the swing of things, and by the time she did she'd be leaving. I think that having Sniggle as a mod and promoting one of the mods would be best. Becoming a mod is less of a shock, it's an easier job, and more enjoyable (speaking from experience).
However, on the opposing side, there's a lot of discussion Snig would miss out on. The one thing that I think is actually an asset to Sniggle is her fresh perspective. She doesn't always agree with the choices the staff makes, which she voices respectfully. I think that having her on the staff, though decision making might go a bit rougher, would make some big changes around here. Whether those changes are good or bad, I don't know. But I do know that having Sniggle as an admin would make a difference. I can see canons being put out regularly, punishments really being enforced, and events and things being cranked out more. Not that the admin don't, but since Sni has been a member wanting those things they're going to come out faster if she's involved.
Now back to the other side... While I know that Sniggle is a very responsible member, the admin position is a stressful one. Many members go in carefree and come out completely changed. The position of admin changes you forever. Whether you decide to take those changes as a positive thing or a negative one is up to the individual person, but it does happen. You become stressed, angry. You start dreading getting on the chat box for fear of what you'll find. Your rp post amount drops drastically. Admin stress starts seeping into your personal life. You start dreading PM's. You groan when you see someone wants something from you, knowing all you can do is grin and say "Yeah sure! No problem!" It is a very stressful job, far more stressful than anyone ever anticipates it being. Since it is Sniggle's last few months here, I would see it as a shame to have her stressed during them.

The choice is up to Sniggle, really. Even if the votes want her as an admin, she can still turn down the position.

I've already cast my vote, and I will keep it anonymous. I hope that anyone reading this message will help you if you're deciding. I attempted to look at both sides of the argument in hopes that those confused about their vote will agree more with one side than the other.

Thank you,
Angel
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 am

First of all: Twin you're leaving why was I not informed of this.

Secondly: If there is so much concern over Snig leaving in two months, how about a position like senior moderator. So she has similar to mod powers but is privy to admin discussions and can offer fresh eyes and a fresh perspective. Personally I think she'd be wonderful, but I understand where your coming from with the two month issue.

I definitely think Snig wil be good for this site. We need to change and move forward, and you just have to look at the suggestion forum to see how many ideas she has.

That's my two cents anyway :]

~Charrrrles
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 am

Charlie Bacon wrote:
First of all: Twin you're leaving why was I not informed of this.

Secondly: If there is so much concern over Snig leaving in two months, how about a position like senior moderator. So she has similar to mod powers but is privy to admin discussions and can offer fresh eyes and a fresh perspective. Personally I think she'd be wonderful, but I understand where your coming from with the two month issue.

I definitely think Snig wil be good for this site. We need to change and move forward, and you just have to look at the suggestion forum to see how many ideas she has.

That's my two cents anyway :]

~Charrrrles
I agree with this..Sorry Snig, we do love you <3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Clarification:

We know that Sniggle is leaving, and we're promoting her specifically to be active during the summer. Because most admins are usually very active during the school year, we needed a little extra help over the summer, for times like we just had when on Zan could be on.

Kind of like an extended version of what happened to me a while back.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am

I think that Sniggle would be a great admin, but I also want to bring up the idea that their are a little too many staff. A lot of them aren't active, and I think we should give them a change to reclaim their activeness before demoting them, but we need more active staff. I also want to promote the idea of having a council of some of the elder and most active members (people who have been on for at least a year and are active), so that the staff might get a little more back-up support when they need it, and members can suggest stuff to the council and feel more involved. That might be a solution to having not very many active staff.

Sni would do a great job as a admin, and I don't think that their is any problem from going from member to admin, eccept the fact that some of the mods might be jealous (I'm not accusing anyone, but I would be jelous if someone got the job that I really wanted and I'd been working hard as a mod). I also don't want to push Sniggle into this. One of my friends was hesitant about running for student council this year, but his peers pushed him into it, and he ended up winning and not really liking his job (or doing a very good job either). If Sni really wants to do it, then go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sun-Spawn

Sun-Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 am

Zan wrote:
I'm not going to lie, I kind of disagree with Roo but I feel like my opinion here isn't needed since I'm totally biased. If anyone remembers, my promotion was just due to Bunny being bored. And I went from a cabin leader to an admin. I think it would be totally fair. If someone's better than someone else, they just have to understand that. Life isn't always fair.

I completely agree. Life isn't about being fair, and I don't know if old Sunny's input is needed, but I believe that given the opportunity, this promotion would be good. Its always nice to have a little bit of extra help around here.

As for this "Council" idea, I think it'd be a good idea, if there was a way found that would make it work.
Back to top Go down
AlphaBetaGammaDelta

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:24 pm

I know my opnion probably doesn't matter, as I've just joined. But I'd say Snigg should be an admin. She welcomed me with open arms. She has been the nicest, most bubbily and just an overall fun person to be around. Now don't get me wrong, everyone I've talked to so far, tomtom, Vix, QK, Skye, Banana, Nico, Zelly - and a whole host of others that I've met and cant remember their names - have all been like, almost over the top nice. I mean its creepy how nice everyone is xD
Back to top Go down
http://rotandruin.com
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 pm

We're creepy because that's what we do best. Q_Q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniggle is so silly!   Sniggle is so silly! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniggle is so silly!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: News and Updates-
Jump to: