Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:15 am

By the time the bright blue sky was replaced by a blanket of stars, Alec knew that they were getting closer to Los Angeles. Serena was passed out in the backseat of the truck Nezza stole from some pedophiliac farmer back in Nebraska. He didn't refused to admit it since he wanted to set a good example for his much younger companions, but he was impressed by the way his friend hijacked the vehicle, Grand Theft Auto style.

The seventeen year old kept one hand on the steering wheel while the other hand was holding a cup of coffee that they picked up earlier which was starting to get cold. He took sips now and then to help him stay awake. He thought that the radio would help him fight his sleepiness, but much to his and Nezza's dismay, the stupid farmer couldn't even buy a car with a decent radio.

He glanced at Nezza from the corner of his eye when she started speaking to him. He snorted at her joke and shook his head. "Ah, keep those car-stealing and reckless driving in GTA, sister dearest."

"I hope so too," he muttered. He didn't know how the monster was able to find them so fast. They were just the kids of two minor gods and one Olympian! It was unusual. They weren't even that powerful compared to the other campers back in Long Island.

The London native almost rejoiced when the bright lights came into sight. They've been in the car for so long that his legs fell asleep. They could only afford to make stops at gas stations to fill up on petrol.

"We'll be there in around fifteen to twenty minutes," he calculated, looking at what Nezza pointed at. "It's okay. I'm feeling buzzed with all the caffeine."

alec sanford

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it's not right. Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you. Sing me to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry. Forever never seemed so long; as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 Tumblr_m46553JTJ71rv3ipvo1_500

"Oh woah, Hell's in a recording studio?" Serena asked raising her eyebrows as she rolled down the creaky old window. She felt a bit nervous, not knowing what to expect. She frowned by the thought of Alec not getting any rest before they go to a land filled with monsters. He must've felt drained with all that driving, though he did consume some coffee while they were on the road. "Alec, are you sure you don't want to catch some sleep before we go to the Underworld?" She leaned towards his seat in concern.

The sky were turning lighter because it was way past midnight which didn't really affect the number of drivers that were on the road. Some of them obviously intoxicated from all the parties going on every night in L.A. Serena got her weapons ready. Her bow and arrows and her twin katar knives in case she ran out of ammo.

When Alec said that they were going to arrive there in 15-20 minutes, it didn't really feel that long. They entered the building and it had a certain aura to it. It was sad and depressing and Serena didn't like it. There were souls lined up everywhere, like waiting to get in or something. They were crying, moaning and groaning in despair. They looked like their youth was drained out of them, appearing frail, thin and weak as they weeped for their lost dreams.

Serena pursed her lips and furrowed her eyebrows in sympathy as these poor souls made her hair on her arms stand. They walked through them in silence as they made their way to the man at the counter. He didn't look depressed like all of the other people there did, in fact he looked bored. He wore a black pinstriped suit, reading a magazine that was probably 50 years old. "Uhmm...Hello sir, can we have a ride through the Underworld?" Serena asked politely, feeling a bit intimidated by his glare. He examined the trio from head to toe."You're alive, fools! Come back when you're dead." He said icily before going back to whatever it is that he was reading.

By the sound of this man's tone, it looked like he wasn't going to allow them to barge into Hell. Serena sighed looked at Nezza and Alec. "Any ideas?"

Last edited by DawnWild16 on Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

Location : In Britain, waiting for my pureblooded prince (lol)

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:47 pm

When they finally reached the studio, Nezza had to resist the urge to run away when she spotted hundreds of spirits, moaning and weeping in despair as they waited for their time in the underworld. She could practically feel the sorrow ooze out from them as they walked inside the remote building, making her feel like wanting to sob in a corner too.

Nezza bet that some of the spirits here have waited for years for their eternal peace as she could recognize old modern outfits and 70's hairdos in the mix of old and new souls. She silently prayed to her mother and Hades that she wouldn't end up like this when her time came. Well, she'd rather end up in Elysium as most demigods would since it's where heroes usually spend their eternal rest in but she could only hope as the daughter of Nyx didn't think that she really deserved being much of a hero at all.

Who ever heard of a demigod going to Elysium with a demonic split personality?

Nezza would have snorted at the bitter irony of it if she wasn't surrounded with her friends and a bunch of ghosts. Even though she felt sorry for them, she couldn't help but be annoyed when they started going towards her, asking for help that she knew she couldn't give.

What's their problem? I'm not the Death Lord.

Nezza thought frantically as she stood closer towards Alec, practically gluing herself to his side when one of the spirits attempted to touch her. None of them seem to be bothering the other demigods but her and she wondered for a moment why that was. Was it because she reeked of darkness more than her friends? It was practically midnight right now, when her powers would be at their strongest and maybe the ghosts thought that she was some kind of child of Hades or something.

Well, sorry to disappoint but I could never be as cool as a kid of the Underworld.

Nezza opted to ignore them instead, seeing as they really can't do any bodily harm towards her. Though she still did keep a close distance with Alec, even grabbing at the ends of his shirt a bit, all the while Serena was talking to some blonde guy on a counter. The spirits may not be able to harm her but their loud, incoherent pleas and sadness were driving her mind crazy and she needed the feeling of someone alive and warm right beside her to help her remember that she was still human and not waiting for eternity like them.

It looks as if Nezza was more sensitive to the spirits than she thought as none of her friends seem to be affected by the soul's noise and aura expect for her. Was being the child of a Night Goddess give that affect towards her? Well, her mom did live in a gloomy house in the depths of the Underworld for most of her lifetime and had dark children with Tartarus like Thanatos, the god of death himself. But before she could analyze more of her mother's background and understand her strange reactions towards the souls, she was pulled from her thoughts when Serena suddenly appeared and asked for any ideas.

Ideas? For what? Crap, I wasn't listening!

Nezza scrunched up her eyebrows in thought to what was their problem now before she looked back at the guy that Serena previously talked to and realized who he was. It was really obvious since he practically pinned his name right at the front of his tailor pin-stripped suit.

Charon

She remembered him from her Greek Mythology classes in camp. He was the ferryman of Hades who carries the souls of the newly deceased to the Underworld. But then, she heard he's been slacking off a bit and she sighed to herself, wondering why out of all the millennial's, he started getting lazy in this era.

Nezza also knew the immortal currently reading a magazine behind the desk, was her brother as their mother's were both the Goddess of Night, Nyx. Thankfully, not really blood related since Gods didn't really have any DNA in their veins. Nezza could only think of one thing to make a guy like that ride for them and that's the same thing she knew that was corrupting the whole world.

Money.

With disgust, Nezza took out a handful of drachmas from her bag, dropping the pile onto Alec's hands as she didn't want to get anywhere near the god just in case he'd find out about their the same heritage. "There. That should be enough for the big guy but don't make it too easy for him. He wouldn't want to give in too easily but with the right push, he'll accept it."

She didn't want to tell them how she knew Charon would react towards the money, having been eavesdropping to her father's business meetings one too many times during her childhood. Although, Nezza felt like she was not in a good mood, especially with the ghosts irritating her and her behavior towards them, she needed to stay strong for her friends and the quest.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:08 am

Alec found it strange that one of the entrances to the Underworld was disguised as a recording studio. Then again, the world of Greek Mythology was the epitome of weird.

As they neared their destination, he could make out the building. In the bright city of Los Angeles, the place seemed dead . . . literally. He wouldn't want to try to get a contract from this studio any day.

He parked across the building, shoving the key into his pocket after the turned off the car. Parking right in front of place didn't seem like a good idea to him.

The lobby was cold, something that Alec liked. Rows of people were lining up, waiting to enter the Underworld. One thing that he didn't like was the sad expressions on their faces.

He opted to stay by the doorway when Serena and Nezza made their way to the counter. He ruffled his bangs to give off a messy look as he tried to fit in with the spirits. Appearing dead wasn't hard for him. He was already ghostly pale and he had dark circles under his eyes from driving for hours without rest.

He tried to look as if he was preoccupied with other things when in truth, he was eavesdropping on his companions from afar. He heard Serena asking for a ride to the Underworld, and the gaunt man reprimanding the pair.

When the two came back, he wasn't really listening to what they were both talking about, but he felt a pack of coins being placed in his hands. He looked at Nezza and frowned, shoving the drachmas back into her palm. "It's your quest. You do it."

alec sanford

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it's not right. Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you. Sing me to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry. Forever never seemed so long; as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 Tumblr_m46553JTJ71rv3ipvo1_500

Serena sighed and looked back at the man named Charon again before she stood next to Alec. What was with all the drachmas? Serena thought to herself as Nezza handed them towards Alec. Then she figured they were going to bribe themselves through the Underworld. Why not, let's bribe the man for our deaths.

Serena crossed her arms looking down. If there was no other way to do it, might as well get to it. "Okay yeah, just do it Nezza. You guys share the same aura because both of you are the child of Nyx right? He probably hates me because I'm a child of the sun and all." She said shrugging as she leaned her head against Alec's shoulder. Maybe it was just the dead getting to her.
Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 Nerezz13

Nezza frowned, obviously displeased with the turn of events. She didn't want to be the one to do it as she had never bribed anyone in her life before. The only time she ever came close to successfully bribing someone was when she asked her maid not to tell anyone she was leaving her mansion...which obviously, didn't work out. She still felt bitter after that betraying encounter and ever since then, Nezza fired any maid that didn't reach up to her expectations. She wasn't called demonic for nothing.

But if she had to bribe her not-really-related-by-blood brother who is also an immortal being, would give her a huge disadvantage to all of this. And she can't even boss or threaten him around if he still disagreed.

The daughter of Night held the drachmas close to her chest, sighing resignedly as she knew she was trapped. It seems like both of her companions really didn't want to do the tricking and she couldn't help but give them both a small, glum glare for acting like cowards in this situation.

Though before she could begin reprimanding them, Nezza noticed how Serena just leaned her head on Alec's shoulder, looking as if she didn't realize she just did it. The odd but affectionate gesture made Nezza suddenly remember other fond and light touches she had with someone else and it instantly made her realize something. If they were ever going to go home, fighting and disagreeing with one another would just slow them.

She turned away from the sight before she could let herself be distracted from her thoughts and started her way towards Charon's desk. She might as well give in now and acknowledge the fact that: yes, this is her quest and she should do her role well now or else they may never get back to camp.

Nezza reached the counter where her "suppose" brother was still lounging on the chair behind it but with a different magazine at hand this time. She breathed in, readying herself for the inevitable long chat they were going to have but was stopped when a voice suddenly addressed her.

"What do you want now? Didn't I say no humans allowed? Especially your kind." Charon said with disgust, not even looking up from his reading that Nezza had to resist the impulse to snap back at him. Instead she replied with "Yes, I heard. I wasn't deaf but we're not here to see Hades, we just want to meet a ghost and finish our quest...you, bleached-headed slouch." Although she said the last part softly, the slight glare she received as he finally puts down his reading material says she wasn't quiet enough.

"A demigod with an attitude, huh? Now your definitely not getting a ride. Finish your quest else where." He retorts smugly before reading another magazine from thin air with the snap of his fingers. Nezza prayed to her mother for patience as she had to clench her hands into fists to stop herself from hitting him.

Then with a smirk on her lips, she dumped the pile of drachmas on his desk before saying nonchantly, "Even when said demigod has piles of drachmas she doesn't need?" She could see the glint of greed in Charon's eye when he spots the bag of money on the table and she knew she got him hooked. But she needed to say more to get him convinced. "Though by the looks of your outfit, I bet your well off already. You don't need my money anymore." Nezza was about to get back the bag from the table before a hand reached out to stop her movements.

"Maybe, we can reach a...compromise." He slyly says, looking at her directly by the eye this time and it seems he recognizes her facial features and aura because he then added "sister."

She rolled her eyes at him, snatching her hand back from his grip but leaving the money on the table. "Thought you'd never ask and don't ever call me that." Family was a sore spot for her and anyone godly or human referring to be related to her was not something she liked.

With a smirk of his own this time, Charon finally stood from his chair, shadowing everyone with his height and leading them the way to the elevator. Nezza sighed, happy she got him to agree but not liking the fact she had to do it all alone. She pressed all her conflicting issues to the back of her head as she gave the good hand sign to the others before following the blonde immortal to the Underworld.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:00 am

Alec nearly jumped when he felt Serena's head rest against his shoulder. He looked down on her, wondering if she realized what she has done. He knew that friends leaned on each other's shoulders all the time, but he couldn't help but feel something at the pit of his stomach. It was a familiar feeling, but something he didn't want to feel at all.

"Serena's right, Nez," he agreed, nodding. "There's a chance he might give you special treatment because you two share the same mother. There's no way that he's going to let us in if Serena or I ask."

The son of Khione was starting to regret his suggestion when he overheard Charon sneer at Nezza. He knew that she would snap right back at him. "Oh boy," he muttered under his breath. "This isn't looking so good."

What would Chiron say if they came back from an unsuccessful quest? Everyone in camp would look at him differently. They'd see him as a failure, a coward. He was known as a leader who wouldn't accept losing back home. No, he told himself firmly. Nezza's a smart girl. She'd find a way to get inside. They will finish this quest. They need to.

Alec was relieved when Nezza gave them a signal to follow Charon into the elevator. He jogged up to her and slung an arm over her shoulder. "You knew you could do it," he whispered in her ear jokingly, a smirk on his lips. "Don't deny it."

alec sanford

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 am

Serena watched from afar, observing Charon's facial expression change from an infuriated scowl into an apologetic smile. The daughter of Apollo crinkled her nose when she realized that his mind was easily changed with a bunch of drachmas. She shook her head and followed Nezza and Alec towards the elevator.

Serena couldn't help but notice how distant Alec seemed when he suddenly shook her head off his shoulder and just caught up with Nezza like that. He slung his arm over her shoulder and Serena's heart felt heavy. Just like when they were at the farm. She got a bit scared by this, was there something wrong with her? Last she remembered, she didn't have a weak heart or cardiovascular problems for that matter.
So if that was the case...Was she jealous? Her eyes widened by the thought. "Nah. That can't be." She murmered to herself, deciding to shrug it off. She like the idea of having a weak heart better.

She was glad they got through the door man of the Underworld, but that was just the least of their problems right now. There was still the rest of Hell to deal with.
As the elevator doors inched closer to one another, the spirits outstretched their hands still trying to get to them. She debated if she would slap their hands away but then again, her hands will just go through them and it wouldn't be polite to do so.

An awkward atmosphere filled the air and Justin Bieber's song, "Baby", was today's elevator music. "We're just friends, what are you saying?!"Serena pursed her lips and looked around. She suddenly became very interested with the scratches on the walls. The floor indicator came to a stop and the elevator revealed a boat with an old kerosene lamp hanging on front.

"Step right up." Charon said, looking a bit smug. The boat was propelled with a rowing stick and it wasn't surprising it wasn't a medium of water beneath the boat. It was the lost hopes and dreams of many.
They passed various objects like old grandfather clocks, ragged clothing, pieces of stained jewelry...Everything material and inviting in the outside world. Serena peered further through the spaces of these lost treasures, seeing that it was a long way down. Falling isn't supposed to be an option right now, she kept her legs closely to her chest.

"You three seem rather quiet." Charon observed, still keeping his eyes on the far end. "Where are you all planning to go?" He asked flatly. Some shrieks and screams echoed through Serena's ears making a shiver go down her spine. It was eerie and red fire from torches barely lit this place.

" The Isle of Blest." Serena replied. She looked through the souls down below hoping not to find her mother. She squeezed Nerezza's arm.

Last edited by DawnWild16 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 am

Nezza gave a mock irritated glare at Alec and a playful push to his shoulder as they reached the elevators that would lead them to the underworld.

She couldn't help but make a displeasing sound at the back of her throat when Justin Beiber's "Baby" played in the speakers, reverberating through the four metal walls around them with his annoyingly high pitched "Baby, Baby, Baby, Oooh" .

She could see the amused smirk on Charon's face and she knew it was somehow his doing even if he wasn't looking at her.

Nezza huffed and turned her head around, her eyes instantly landing on Serena's glum features. The daughter of Nyx knitted her eyebrows in worry and wondered what could possibly be troubling her usually happy-go-lucky friend.

But before she could voice her concerns, the elevator dinged and opened to reveal a huge, cold, dark cavern, sending shivers up her spine. And she didn't think that was because of the temperature.

Their footsteps echoed as the four of them walked on the rocky ground that led to some kind of bay of despair. She could see broken dollhouses, tattered books and other trinkets in the liquid surface, forgotten and lost in time. Nezza tore her gaze away from the depressing sight and instead focused on the boat where Charon who now looked like the grim reaper was beckoning for them to go on.

She carefully climbed aboard, not wanting to take any chances of falling or even touching the river below her.

Once everyone was safely in, Charon started steering them to their destination that Serena surprisingly supplied as the daughter of Apollo was looking just as pale as Nezza thinks she looked.

She didn't like the underworld at all. She'd heard terrible stories about it from fellow campers and the prospect of actually being in the same place did nothing to sooth her now aggravated tummy.

Though she kept a straight face during the ride even when souls started noticing them and pleaded for their help. She wanted to keep a strong facade, not only for her companions but in front of Charon as well whom she knew was probably enjoying their discomfort here.

But it couldn't be helped when one of the ghosts tried touching her hand as Nezza was the one closest to it and she jerked away immediately whilst grabbing on to Serena's (who was holding her arm ever since) and Alec's hand for support.

She could have sworn she heard Charon chuckle at the front and Nezza glared at his back the whole ride, thinking of plans for retribution.

After what felt like hours later (it could have just been minutes for all she knew), Charon finally announced their arrival.

"Well, here we are."

"But we're not in the Isle of Blest."

Charon had stopped the boat in front of a huge gate where she could see Cerberus, Hades' pet dog, guarding it.

He gave a scoff and said in a matter-of-fact tone with a hidden layer of dark amusement, "I'm only a ferryman that transports dead spirits to the Underworld, kid. Not your personal taxi driver. You're going to have to get there yourself on foot." He then, non too gently, pushed them out of his boat and sailed away before any of them could protest.

"Ugh! That stupid, annoying, bleach-headed bastard! I can't believe I'm related to him! Let's see if I give him any tip next time. He's the worst ferryman ever!" Nezza ranted. Not liking one bit their transportation had took them to. She would have said more insulting things if the sound of growling behind her didn't get her attention.

The daughter of Nyx stilled before turning around, her dagger instantly by her side as Nezza and her friends stared at the three pairs of eyes glaring and snarling at them with huge sharp, canine teeths.

Nezza would deny later on that she didn't shriek in fear upon seeing them.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:11 am

« ALEC SANFORD »
Alec was never the one to react nicely when it came to shoves, but he had to let it slide when Nezza jokingly pushed his shoulder. He saw himself as an older brother figure to Nezza since she reminded him of his half-sisters back in the UK. His smile faltered. Just the reminder of them never failed to sadden him. He missed them terribly and wanted to visit, but he could already imagine the looks on his parents faces if he dropped by. Besides, where would he get the money? He wasn't sure if there was a drachma to dollar money exchanger somewhere nearby.

As they entered the elevator, a gods-awful song was playing. The prepubescent voice of some teeny-bop artist filled the air. Out of all the things to play on a trip to the Underworld, it had to be Justin Bieber? Alec's shoulders shook with laughter as he shook his head.

"Problem?" asked Charon, glancing at him. His empty eyes looked at him with disgust, scrutinizing Alec's choice of clothing.

"Nope," replied Alec, popping the 'p'. This guy was sure irritating. He knew that he wasn't the guy to mess with, but he felt like punching him. He balled up his fists beside his legs and swung back and forth on his heels, taking sudden interest at the buttons of the elevator.

The elevator doors opened after what seemed like forever and the trio followed Charon out to the chamber. He noticed Nezza shiver, but he didn't think it was cold. The temperature was perfectly fine for the son of Khione.

Alec's fiery gaze bore into Charon's back. He was starting to hate the guy, actually. He bet that he wouldn't even let them out of the Underworld. Wait . . . he remembered that not many people made it out of the Underworld. Only Hercules and some other camper, plus the children of Hades. But there weren't any Hades kids around. He hoped that Serena or Nezza had thought ahead of time about how they could leave because he certainly hadn't.

He let the two girls climb aboard the boat before getting in. Finally, Charon was able to start their trip to the Isle of the Blest. He took note of his surroundings, displeased. "Carpe Diem," he muttered under his breath when he saw a bunch of items in the river.

Alec glanced at his companions to make sure they were alright. They looked as shaken as he was. He smiled at them, a sign of telling them that it's going to be okay. But he knew that if he failed the quest, he'd be coming back soon.

One of the worst things that happened on board was when the ghosts started to get aggressive and grabbed on to them. Alec slapped one ghost's hand away (if that was even possible) when it tried to reach out for his arm. Nezza even grabbed his hand when she felt a spirit try to touch it!

Alec's glare only became worse when Charon laughed quietly at the event. "Is it possible for me to push him off board?" he hissed to himself, only making it possible for Serena and Nezza to hear him.

"Well, here we are," announced Charon when he stopped the boat in front of a huge gate. He recognized the three-headed dog as Cereberus.

"But we're not in the Isle of the Blest," said Nezza.

Alec gripped the handle of his sword when he pushed them off the boat. He had to tell himself to not hurt him because he was immortal, but the gods know that if he was a mortal, his soul would be damned.

Once he sailed away, Nezza let out a streak of not so nice things. Alec's mind was racing. He knew that he should remember something about the creature, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was.

He looked questioningly at Nezza when the words died in her mouth. Slowly, the trio turned around and came face-to-face with Cereberus.

"Guys," Alec said slowly upon realizing what he was taught back in Camp. "If we pass that thing, we can never leave this place again. And I don't think we will be on Hades' good side if we kill him."

Cereberus let out a huge roar when Nezza scream and there was only one thing to do: Run.

As his feet pushed against the ground, he started to steer away from the dog, a plan suddenly formulating in his head. He glanced at his friends, knowing that they probably knew what they should do in this situation. He ran towards the river, his hands cooling. An ice block started to form in his arms, the temperature of the Underworld giving much needed help. He passed it to Serena. "You have a good aim, right?" he asked, knowing perfectly that she did because she was an Apollo kid. "You know what to do."
Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Charon wasn't too kind after he got his coins. He just pushed them off his boat and basically told them to get through and find their way on their own. Serena landed on her rear end. This guy was definitley pissing her off.

Actually, everything was pissing her off. Throughout the whole quest, she only felt like a third wheel. Always just trailing behind the two and she felt a little bit underestimated and taken for granted. Are you jealous?A small voice said in her head. She furrowed her eyebrows and she dusted off some free radicals. "Of course I'm not!"She said to herself. She remembered the first time she met Alec... He seemed more fitting to be a friend. He was too old for her anyway.

The daughter of Apollo was having a bad day. Her patience was getting eaten more by the second. Just by the sight of the massive three headed dog, she knew they were in for trouble-again.

"Crap!" She closed her eyes for a moment and adrenaline rushed through her veins. She didn't have plans on dying today. It wasn't her usual self but she itched for a fight. "Any plans?" She asked, looking at both of her companions with an obvious hint of irritation in her voice.

Alec walked over the river, looking like he had a creative plan on how they can get past this dog. Ice blocks have been formed from his hands, big enough to do some damage onto the beast. "You have a good aim right? You know what to do." Alec said to her.

Serena merely nodded at him and took an ice cube between her hands. She didn't feel chatty.The temperature was cold yes, but she was confident that she can take this beast out. The three heads glared down at her, curious yet agressive. She ran and threw these blocks of ice at each end. Cerberus winced and growled but he looked a bit dizzy.

Her aim was flawless and her eyes glinted with impatience. How many of these does it take to take this dog out.

Killing off the dog would be much easier but Hades wouldn't be too happy about that. She kept hurling at the heads until the dog slowed into a walk. She was starting to feel a bit sorry for it but she couldn't stop now.

The dog kept barking and just for the right second, she hurled an ice cubes at each one of them. It somewhat choked by the size but it was guaranteed to give him a brain freeze.

It was great that Alec was able to produce a lot of ammo. THUD Cerberus put its paws over its heads, probably pained with cold. It let out a cry and rolled around the floor.

The damage was only temporary and it wasn't like he has gotten a concussion. It was only enough to buy them some time. Serena panted and looked back at her friends.

"Suppose this is the part where we make a run for it." She said, not meeting any of their eyes. The daughter of Apollo calmed down a bit because all of the running tired her. She ran ahead to the gate with the adrenaline subsiding, wondering what will await her on the other side.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:26 am

Nezza was so glad she had powerful, smart, brave friends along with her. If she had gone on to this quest alone, she would have probably been dead many times before now. Though she was a bit sad that she wasn't able to help out her friends during the fight as the daughter of Nyx stood there near the edge of the bay.

But Nezza did want to help. It was just that something in her was restricting her from joining the fight. A voice in her head spelling the demigod to not interfere with Serena and Alec's battle.

And she didn't like it one bit.

She's been controlled and manipulated before in her life and Nezza hated the feeling of being restricted of doing something she wants. Though this feeling felt a little more abstract...magical...god-like actually.

Nezza's eyes darkened in realization.

I swear, if I find out the god who dared to use their "divine spell" on me, they're going to pay

Once the huge mutt fell to the ground with what looks like a major brain freeze, she felt her body finally obeying to her own will as she ran towards the huge gate. Nezza caught a glimpse of something pink in the air where she had once stood and she narrowed her eyes in suspicion at it.

She turned her gaze back to the front and saw hundreds of souls lining up to what could only be the Judgment Pavilion where judges would determine the souls eternal fate. Towards her right, she recognized a vast field that seemed to spread out endlessly through the underworld which was layered with more spirits, all looking as if a day never passed by in their dull times.

Nezza felt an uncomfortable feeling crawl through her skin at that. The Fields of Asphodel never did bode well with her but at least it was better than ending up in the Fields of Punishment.

Over the Judgement Pavilion, the daughter of Nyx could see from afar the beautiful island of Elysium where the Isle of Blest proudly stood, their target destination. Their only problem of reaching it were the ghost guards patrolling the whole area of Hades' domain.

Nezza suddenly leaped behind a Poplar tree, dragging Serena and Alec along with her as said ghosts passed by their hiding place. She breathed a sigh of relief before turning her attention to her companions.

"Okay guys, even though we got pass through Cerberus, those spirits that passed us earlier won't hesitate to rat us out on Hades the moment they see us." She explained quietly just in case one of them was lurking around. "And since neither of you guys got any specialty manipulating the dark, just stick really close to me and you wont get caught."

Nezza offered them a brief smirk, wanting to brighten the mood if only a little as she maneuvered the shadows to cloak them from any eyes. She didn't know why but she felt some sort of tension around Serena and Alec and the daughter of Nyx wanted in some way to fix it before it got out of hand.

"Come on." She whispered as she guided them to the island, carefully avoiding spirits that blocked their way.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:00 am

« ALEC SANFORD »
Despite the life threatening situation, Alec felt a smile make its way to his face as he watched Serena shoot arrows, her expertise apparent. As girly as it sounded, a weird feeling settled in the bottom of his stomach. Admiration, probably? Yeah. Alec has always wanted to be able to perform archery with such proficiency.

But he couldn't help but notice how cold she acted towards him. It was unusual. All traces of the young, bubbly, perky girl were gone. She replied to him with a sharp nod. But he forced himself to think of other things, such as bringing this hellhound down.

"Suppose this is the part where we make a run for it," Serena commented, her golden eyes assessing their surroundings, but never making its way to his. Alec frowned. Something was definitely wrong.

He wanted to grip her wrist, make her look at him in the eyes and tell him what was wrong, but he guessed that would be extremely inappropriate. Hell was not a place for love--not that he loved her, or anything.

Alec was in deep thought when Nezza pulled him out of his brief moment of contemplation, dragging him and Serena behind a Poplar tree. His blue eyes landed on a bunch of spirits who glided past them. Was he really that unobservant?

As the daughter of Nyx quickly discussed their plan, he almost couldn't understand the words because they strung together since there might have been other ghosts around the perimeter.

He nodded, the corners of his mouth turning up in a crooked grin. The son of Khione tried to ignore any previous negative feelings between he and Serena, but the tension was so thick you could've cut it with a Celestial bronze sword.

Alec scooted towards Nezza and together, the trio walked into the dark, maneuvering their way around the phantoms.
Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 am

Serena gripped Nezza's sleeve, aware that she is currently blending in the dark. Sure it was cool, but given that she is the daughter of a Sun god...She preferred things a bit brighter. Speaking of the Sun, she can feel Alec's stare burning on her back. It felt rather uncomfortable, she just wanted him to mind his own business. She looked back at him for awhile with a smooth and composed mask, hoping it will ward him off. Her eyes glinted and walked a tad bit faster, still refusing to meet his cold yet magnificent cobalt blue eyes.

That was the thing about Serena, her emotions can be all messed up even though she doesn't have her period as of the moment. She only feels what she wants to feel. And right now, the quest was her priority and not some arrogant kid of Khione's. She heard stories about his mom too, well she guessed it was hereditary. They passed the spirits with ease with her palms slightly tingling with nervousness and anxiety, afraid that they'd be found out.

The path where Nezza was leading them looked like summer. You could see the happiest people with their smiles so huge enjoying the warmth of this place. There were trees of every color and popsicles of different flavors--strawberries, kiwi, mangoes--that grew on them. Mansions of different kinds stood before them. From old Victorian mansions that gave it that authentic feel of age to the modern geometric houses that had way too much glass. Why was this place in Hell? Elysium was beyond imagination...It as what the mortals call their Heaven. The scenery was enough to make anyone speechless. It was so beautiful that Serena's lips twitched into a smile.

"Damn. This is the type of place you can get used to for the rest of eternity. " Serena said to herself. She let go of Nezza and the cloak of darkness left her. "Who are we supposed to look for again?" She asked absentmindedly, captivated by the smell of the newly grilled steak. She licked her lips.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

Nezza swiped a sheen of sweat from her brow as she finally lifted the blanket of darkness surrounding her and her friends once they passed the gates of Elysium. She wasn't all that tired but having to maintain that kind of energy for three demigods could get a bit draining in her part. She was just grateful that nobody had spotted them so they were easily able to reach their destination in no time.

She took a quick glance around and had to resist a smile curling up her lip as she took in the beautiful and peaceful scene of what Nezza considered was Heaven. She knew that if she ever died, Elysium would be the first (and only) place she wanted to end up to. That is, if she lived up to a humble and noble life of a demigod.

So in short, I'd have to die a heroes death to get in here. Marvelous.

But now wasn't the time for gawking and sight-seeing as they had more important matters to solve. Nezza noticed the dreamy-looking Serena staring at a delectable looking steak and had to grab the girl by the back of her shirt before she could satisfy her hungry needs.

"Alright, guys. We aren't here to marvel around the place like tourists. We need to head up to the island over there. " Nezza pointed to said landform, right across the beach that was just a few miles away from them. "Which is where we're going to find this spirit who supposedly already met our 'desired culprit'. Let's just hope he or she doesn't forget what our criminal looks like."

She then went marching to the seashore filled with young souls and happy ghosts, knowing her companions would follow but faltered in her steps as she realized something. Seeing a shack a couple distance away, Nezza pivoted on her heel and strode to the place instead. After rummaging inside for a few minutes, Nezza let out a whoop as she finally emerged, pulling a canoe boat with connected roes from behind. She grunted and let go of the darn thing before turning back to her friends with an accomplished smile.

"Just thought that we couldn't well go the island without some way to pass the water, right? Good thing this place had a boat or else we'd have gone for an unplanned swim. This outfit just wasn't made to get wet." Nezza couldn't help but add in as a last statement. Her years locked away in the mansion didn't stop her from finding out the latest and nicest trends of clothes from magazines. She had been bored and frustrated out of her mind and so fashion helped distract her from turning mental from her solidarity and confinement.

She immediately shook her head from such depressing thoughts, not wanting to dwell on them right now. Nezza spared each of her friends a grin before pushing the canoe to the water, Alec and Serena helping her along the way. When it was done, she immediately climbed aboard, setting herself at the back before gesturing her friends to hurry up. She didn't want to act pushy but time was of the essence here and for all they know, Underworld time could work differently with Human time. Greek Mythology was confusing like that.

"Alright guys! Let's see how well developed these arms are from training." Nezza said cheerfully, before grabbing a roe with each hand and rowed finally for the Isle of Blest.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 am

« ALEC SANFORD »
Alec mentally ticked off blending in the darkness in his Top 50 Demigod Bucket List, coming right behind attacking the Lord of the Dead's hellhound. He smirked at his little joke. Being the son of a Greek goddess was sure entertaining. Who could get bored with a life like this? The chances of getting killed were much higher than an average human's. Yup, being a demigod was just peachy.

He gazed in awe as they passed various spirits, amazed at the fact they couldn't see him. Alec knew they weren't invisible, but they weren't exactly noticeable at the same time. They were a part of the darkness as Nezza used her powers to slip passed ghosts with agility and as briskly as possible, an extending region of shadows.

But as his silvery-blue eyes traveled all over the Underworld, he always found himself looking back at Serena. The reason why remained unknown to the seventeen year old. As creepy as it sounded, he could just watch her for hours. She was unpredictable. Don't get him wrong, he enjoyed Nezza's company, but it was evident that there was something different about Serena. The way the daughter of Apollo carried herself and how she reacted to every single thing. He guessed that even the world's most famous psychic would have trouble determining her future. She was just so incalculable.

However, one person remained at the back of his mind each time he thought about Serena. Someone waiting back home who was still unaware of his new life in America. Alec always forced her out of her mind, reminding himself that she was in his past. It was time to face the future.

He tore his gaze away from Serena to look at where the trio was headed. It looked so . . . happy. Bright rays of sunlight streaked through leaves of the trees. Teenagers lounged on the soft grass and children roamed about freely. Alec noticed a few adults come out of the Victorian mansions, some out of the more modern contemporary ones. The place looked like paradise, someplace you've always wished to live in.

The result of sacrifice, Alec thought. Sometimes when you suffer your most on Earth for a good cause, you'll be rewarded in the afterlife. He thought of different stories of the hereafter from other religions and mythology back in school. He wondered if that would be him standing by the mansion with the girl whom he loved by his side after a few years.

Once again, Nezza pulled him out of his reverie. "Alright, guys. We aren't here to marvel around the place like tourists. We need to head up to the island over there."

She pointed to a landform in the distance. Alec's nose scrunched up. He wondered how the fourteen year old girl knew this information. But then again, she was smart beyond her years. Definitely smarter than he was, at least.

Panic started to rise from the pit of his stomach when Nezza left him and Serena together. He was about to follow her when she came to a stop and turned on her heel to go someplace else.

"What is she doing?" asked Alec as his eyebrows knit together. The girl was so odd at times.

However, he was surprised to see that she came back with a canoe boat. A smile lit up the young girl's face as she marveled on about her outfit. Girls will be girls.

"A canoe boat in Heaven. What are the odds?" asked Alec playfully before he went over to Nezza to help her push the boat into the water. He proceeded to help the two girls into the boat, gripping their hands as they hopped in, making sure they were perfectly safe in the boat before he got in on his own.

"I'm pretty sure I'm in great shape, Nez," joked Alec as he flexed his arms, showing off his toned biceps as he posed like a bodybuilder goofily. He waggled his eyebrows and pursed his lips for the effect.

"Next stop: Isle of Blest!" he exclaimed, pounding his roe in the air before they commenced their journey to the Fortunate Isles.
Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:04 am

Serena crossed her arms when Nezza left her and Alec alone, raising her eyebrows in confusion. Didn't her body language spell out what she was already feeling? She didn't want to be alone with Alec but the thought of it confused her. Why was she more infuriated at Alec rather than Nezza? Serena just mentally shrugged it off again like she always would. She refused to dwell on irrelevant things.

Silence filled the air as Alec and Serena waited for Nezza's return but the daughter of Apollo distracted herself by narrowing her eyes onto the destination. "What is she doing? Alec asked. Apparently the daughter of Nyx came with a canoe which explained her short absence. "Oh."Serena said as she examined their means of transportation. She hoped it was durable enough to hold 3 teens.

She was going to make her way to the boat until Alec surprisingly gripped her hand with an adequate amount force to safely get both her and Nezza in the canoe--which was completely unnecessary in her case. The gesture made her feel funny inside and decided it never happened. This dude can really make her think about the weirdest things. She shook her head and buried her hands in her shorts' pockets. She also noticed that he sounded really enthusiastic, which wasn't often. She raised an eyebrow at that, wondering where this was all coming from.

Though she technically liked the sun, it was pretty stupid to wear a hoodie at the summer season--well in Heaven at least. She shrugged off her grey hoodie and rolled it up messily into her bag, leaving her with only a plain black tank top on,before she helped out with with the rowing part of this trip. The island didn't seem to far away and she knew they had to move a lot faster. She rowed with her maximum capability that her arms would allow.

"Do you know what he looks like?"Serena asked Nezza as she kept her eyes on the island. "The spirit, I mean."She clarified. They say it was hard to get to Heaven, but there seemed to be quite a handful of spirits in here.

Before they knew it, a low thud echoed throughout the miniature boat and it turns out the island was a lot closer than it was perceived a few feet away. It didn't look anything that special, other than being filled with a lot more lush fields of greens. She plopped down on the shallow clear water, and wandered around shortly. Something made her feel a bit uplifted and turned to her companions with a small smile. The sense of adventure returned again.

"Well? What are you guys waiting for?" She raised an eyebrow and started to walk up north.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am

There was definitely something wrong here.

It wasn't that the canoe was unstable to hold three teenagers or that it was too hard to paddle along the rough waves of the water either. No, it was that unmistakable growing tension in their group that Nezza had a hard time ignoring. She had been feeling it since they got pass Cerberus and to be honest, she was getting a little uncomfortable by it already.

The daughter of Nyx could practically taste it in the air as she stared at her two companions from the back who were conveniently enough trying (but failing) not to stare at one another. Somehow; for some unexplainable reason, they kept missing each other's gazes and the most confusing thing was: they didn't seem to realize they were doing it.

Seriously! What is going on between them?

She thought that everything was alright and Alec and Serena seemed to have gotten well enough at the start. She wondered what could have possibly triggered this sudden...atmosphere around them and hoped they could resolve it soon because Nezza was not having a fight breaking out in the group.

Looking at the two of them now, kind of reminded Nezza of something...or more like the actions of someone back at camp that took all of the demigods will power not to blush. She shook her head before memories could assault her mind, reminding herself that her and Blake weren't like that.

They didn't have any sort of this weird tension. No, certainly not. It was all warm and comfortable with the son of Apollo even if it could get a little awkward and...scary and... nerve-wrecking... and...

Oh who am I kidding? Might as well just say I'm in denial with my feelings too.

Ahem. Which I'm not.

Thankfully, Nezza was pulled out from her very contradictory and confusing thoughts by Serena asking her a question. Bless her.

"Um...well not really." Great. Just add it on the list of other things Nezza's finding hard to comprehend at the moment. "But don't worry, I bet we'll know who it is when we see it. Er, I mean when we see him or her." Gosh, even her pronouns are getting messed up.

"Though there is one thing we have to look out for. The spirit's blind. So keep your eye's sharp because it's usually hard to distinguish blind people especially their eyes when they've already become...transparent." She gave them a grin as she told them her plan to find the spirit. Not really one of her best strategies but it's the only thing she came up with.

As they finally hit the shore of the island, they jumped off with Serena surprisingly more cheerful and energetic than before. Nezza had to smile as she finally recognize the girl she had once met at the Arts and Crafts shack back at camp.

They began trudging through the beach and into what looked like some sort of forest but more peaceful and serene in a way. Nezza could see a thin smoke up ahead and could only think that someone's either having barbecue tonight or they're camping out in the trees. She told her friends her observation and they set out tracking its source, maybe even hoping to find most of the ghouls there for the spirit.

They passed many ghosts in the way but none of them looked either blind or at least had some sort of eye disability. After a few minutes, they stepped into a clearing where Nezza could now see that one of her assumptions was correct as souls were piling up logs into the hearth of a blazing fire.

It seemed to be a place for those people especially heroes who died a very great and heroic life. Nezza could see from Greek paintings and sculptures of some of the most famous warriors in history like Theseus, Odysseus and Ariadne to name a few. This place wasn't all about happiness. It was the center of Heaven. It felt like peace; like home as if this was the safest and most beautiful place in the whole universe and nothing could compare such immaculate beauty anywhere else. If it weren't for the quest, Nezza would have dropped everything now and just lied there on the grass for all eternity, soaking up all these wonderful feelings.

She slapped herself softly in the face just to get herself back to reality before she really committed such a thing.

The daughter of Nyx took a cursory look around before her gaze landed on a soul a couple feet away from them and at the other side of the campfire. She could see from here that he was male and most definitely blind by the milky white filling covering his eyes. But what really creeped her out was that he seemed to be staring right at them even if Nezza knew that was impossible. Or was it?

Suddenly the spirit started walking away from them and down to some narrow dirt road to their left. "Hey, wait!" Nezza shouted before running off to catch him, knowing Serena and Alec would be on her heels.

For a disembodied spirit, he walked really fast and by the time they finally caught up to him, Nezza had to catch her breathe before she could say anything.

"I know why you've come here."

Nezza snapped her head towards his calm and gentle voice, not expecting that to come from the spirit.

"And I also know who you seek to find and that you've come here to ask me of his whereabouts."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:48 pm

« ALEC SANFORD »
Alec has had his fair share of reading ghost stories back home in his quaint house in London. He enjoyed researching about the supernatural, together with his little sister. All those times spent reading about tales about unlikely phantoms certainly hadn't prepared him for an encounter with one.

After the trio reached their destination, a vast land of green surrounded by a body of clear water. Isle of the Blest. He didn't quite imagine it this way.

"Well? What are you guys waiting for?" Serena asked as she cocked an eyebrow at him and Nezza. She hopped off the boat and proceeded to head up north. Fearless was probably the best adjective to describe the daughter of Apollo. She was always a step ahead than he was. A little voice in the back of his head reminded him of this. If you don't catch her now, you'll lose your chance.

He noted earlier what Nezza mentioned about this spirit… thing. For starters, it was blind. No offense, but that wasn't much of help. He was completely unobservant, but that wouldn't stop the son of Khione from doing his best.

Nezza followed suit, descending from their ride before she caught up with Serena, the two acting like they were of sisters and not best buds. Alec fell into step next to Serena, glancing at her cheerful expression. Even the Underworld couldn't stop her from being a ray of sunshine.

He thought about how much Andy would be terrified of the place, yet floored. Whenever he'd read to her stories about different apparitions late at night with thunder booming from outside their window, she'd always cling on his arm and shake like a Chihuahua. He took pride in this, knowing that he was some sort of hero to others.

Nezza interrupted his change of thoughts when she slapped herself. He raised an eyebrow at her, but he couldn't tell if she noticed.

But something even more unusual happened; whilst she was looking around the area, she stopped on her tracks when something caught her eye. Alec followed her trail of vision and his eyes landed on someone staring at them. The spirit's eyes were a milky white. Alec knew that this was the man they were seeking.

The most logical thing that they had to do was approach him, but he made it difficult as he walked with speed. The trio was already panting by the time they reached him.

"I know why you've come here," the ghost muttered, his voice surprisingly soothing and gentle. "And I also know who you seek to find and that you've come here to ask me of his whereabouts."

Alec exchanged a look with his companions. The apparition sounded like one of those wise old men you see on television, the ones who usually trained kung-fu masters in the making.

The seventeen year old took a step forward, clearing his throat. "Umm, hey. Mister, uhh, ghost sir," he said rather awkwardly.

The ghost's face remained indifferent as if the presence of a teenage boy hadn't affected him.

"We kind of need your help," he started, rubbing his palms against his jeans. "You're acquainted with Midas, I reckon? Could you help us out with our quest? We're trying to relocate his stolen relic."

"You are given the chance to take part in an exciting adventure."

"We kind of know that already."

"There is a true and sincere friendship between you and your friends," he observed, turning his head towards Serena and Nezza as if he could visualize them before him.

"Umm…"

"Although it appears to be free of flaws, your plans will be soon revealed to have some faults along the path," he continued. "The beginning of wisdom is to desire it. Alas, in order to achieve what you want, look first to yourself."

The man turned to Nezza. "Young lady, intelligence is the door to freedom and alertness is the mother of attention. Be patient-- the true love you seek will appear. Love is like wildflowers… it is often found in the most unlikely places. Despite the distractions ringing in the back of your mind, always remember you are a leader in your own way. Communication is the currency of leadership and it is better to be a leader than a follower in your shoes, young child."

"Listen, sir--"

"Do not worry, young lad," the ghost said to Alec this time. "Love is the only medicine for a broken heart. Make two grins grow where there was only a grouch before. Bad habits are hard to break, especially if you like them. Anger begins with folly and ends with regret. Remember, if you never give up on love, it will never give up on you. Alas, do not despair. You will attain great peace."

Alec frowned. What the hell did all that crap mean? He was just about to attempt to start speaking once more, but the ghost cut him off… again!

"Daughter of the Sun," the apparition turned to Serena. "The one you love is closer than you think. No distance will be too far, if two hearts are tied together. You find beauty in ordinary things; do not lose this ability. A surprise is in store for you. You will take a chance in something in the near future. The heart is a place to draw true happiness, never forget this. You will discover the power within yourself, but may forget to make a wise choice everyday."

"Listen, friends, a new challenge is near. Not to decide is a decision and along with success comes a reputation for wisdom."

"Sir, we just wanted to know who has the hand of Midas," Alec said quickly before he had a chance to be interrupted again.

"Seek those who worship strife," he answered vaguely. "Your journey has only begun."
Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:50 am

As she got further through the island, Nezza and Alec quickly quickened their pace to keep up with her. The island had the characteristics of a semi challenging terrain that it even caused Alec to fall into a step fairly close to the daughter of Apollo.
Serena merely glanced at him to see if he was okay but something else caught her attention, a silhouette entered her peripheral vision and before them stood a ghost with a pair of milky eyes.

Serena's heart accelerated by the sight of the spirit up close. She expected a spirit that will answer their questions with the face of a gory man corrupted by the old hand of Midas. He looked crazy, yes, but not enough to completely scare off three demigods.Though she was a little disappointed, she was grateful. Then suddenly...

The spirit started things rather formally, then it got downright weird. He went on and on about lines that looks like he memorized to say one day. He didn't even stop to hear out Alec. Serena just blinked constantly as he dropped things at them that seemed like it hadn't had any meaning. It made no sense, just like the prophecy.
Nothing gets easier, doesn't it? She thought to herself.

Looks like they were on their own again. Just when they found their lead, it looks like this spirit wasn't even much of a help anyway. They needed to find this relic, but instead he gave them passages that looks a bit personal rather than relating to the quest itself.

“Love? If you knew what we came here for, we wouldn’t be asking you for love advice.” Serena said, trying to be patient.

"This is what exactly will happen if you do not pay attention to what I have just said, Daughter of the Sun. Your ignorance won't help you on this quest." The ghost replied, maintaining a velvety voice but after a few seconds that consistency broke with a deranged laughter that escaped his lips uncontrollably.

Serena's eyes glinted at him and she fought the urge of doing anything irrational. This was just a spirit they were talking to and it's not like she can do any damage to him since he's pretty much dead anyway. She rolled her eyes and sighed. People nowadays use up her patience a lot faster than usual.

“Well can you just tell us where we can find it, or at least where we can start looking?” She glanced at her companions before she turned back to the ghost who was still evidently loopy.

His milky eyes pierced through Serena’s, locking her in his gaze. “A place full of life but it is where many have been a step closer, faster to their deaths.” The spirit pointed his translucent fingers at Alec and spoke with his velvety voice again. ”The son of Khione, I warn you to be careful because the one who holds control over the beasts do not welcome your kind.” And with that, he smoked and disintegrated himself into the thin air, probably to add a dramatic ending to his last statement.

The daughter of Apollo spaced out for awhile and her brain clicked and fitted the pieces together. She knew where to go.
“The Amazons.”

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 am

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 Nerezz17

Nerezza Ricci didn't realize that when confronting the ghost, she'd be getting love advises from it. Not to mention, useless ones. She was already creeped out by the fact that he knew the other side of her and now apparently, she were to find her true love in strange places if she were patient.

Real helpful, this ghost was. Really.

But not only that, his mentions of her being a leader and intelligent seemed to create a heavy burden on Nezza's shoulders rather than pleasing her as it should. What did the ghost mean about communication being the currency of leadership? And alertness being the mother of attention?

Was she a bad leader? Did she had to be more intelligent? More alert to get her and her friends safe? And what about being a follower of her own shoes? Is the other side of her controlling her movements more than Nezza imagined that she hadn't even noticed it yet?

The last question felt like a dump of icy cold water had been poured all over her body as terror seized her heart in a cruel grip. No...no, that couldn't be happening; she would have known and felt it since it was her own body, and hers alone! The ghost probably just meant something else or it just did it to scare her which Nezza hoped wasn't the case because if there was anyway to kill a spirit, she'd find it.

Though as she looked at the spirit now, laughing uncontrollably after his little chat with Serena, Nezza couldn't help but feel pity for the ghost. Here he was, in the only nice and heavenly place in the underworld and he couldn't even have the peace to enjoy it. Nezza realized that she felt empathetic towards the ghost condition and immediately felt a wave of guilt rushed through her from all the previous insults she had said about him in her mind. Though judging by the looks of Serena and Alec, they didn't feel much the same way as she did for the ghost, even after it had disappeared from them.

It was only when Serena spoke again about the Amazons, did Nezza realize she had spaced out in the entire duration of the conversation and hadn't even listened to what the ghost had said about their quest. She felt like smacking herself silly for acting like this and previous thoughts came unbidden back into her mind, questioning her leadership.

Nezza shook her head, wishfully thinking that it'd go away before they could cloud her mind of such negativity. She forced a smile on her face. "Great job, Serena! Even I didn't think of that!" Which in literal sense, Nezza really didn't.

She was proud of Serena for picking out the clues so fast. Not that Nezza thought she was stupid in anyway; on the contrary, the daughter of Nyx found her girly companion quite smart. She knew things and saw things in a different way that Nezza would never dream of thinking. Logic doesn't always answer everything the way Nezza wanted it to but at least there was Serena, and, of course, Alec by her side she could depend to.

"So the only question is...how do we get out of here?" When she voiced it out loud, Nezza realized the stupidity of that question even before it was fully formed out of her mouth. She was an idiot! How could she have led her friends into the underworld without anyway knowing of how to get back? She groaned. This was probably one of the dumbest things she'd ever done in her whole life and that's saying something.

"Okay, don't panic. Let's just get back to the boat and maybe along the way, we'd find some way to escape." Nezza didn't know if she meant to say it for her companions or for herself.

The journey back to the boat and out of Elysium was faster than Nezza expected because she still couldn't get find a way out of here. She shrouded them all in a cloak of darkness again as they left the only peaceful and safe sanctuary in the underworld. With Serena and Alec at either of her sides, she made them hide behind what looked like a wilting bush and some dead trees to cover them up as they thought of a plan for escape.

Nezza was just about to suggest to force Charon to take them back as a joke when something in her peripheral vision caught her attention. She turned to find a bound of hellhounds chasing one another just a few meters away from where her group was hiding. As the daughter of Nyx observed them, one of the hellhounds seemed to run into a shadow before reappearing again behind one of his brethren.

An idea started forming in her mind; even though she knew it was risky and probably dangerous too since she hadn't practice for a long time. Nezza turned back to face her friends, her grey eyes bright with determination. "I've got an idea."

After telling Serena and Alec her plan of shadowing traveling all of them out of here, she sat back quietly to let them voice their own opinions about it. She knew nothing was going to sway her decision now as it's the only chance for them to escape. "Look guys, It's the only option we got of getting out of this hell hole and the only logical one too. Would you rather have a hellhound shadow traveling us to gods know where? No, I did't think so; so let's just stick with this plan and no more objections from either of you."

Nezza, honestly, felt like a mom lecturing her kids at that moment but she knew she had to do it if it would only help her friends comply faster. She stood up and didn't have to look hard for a dark spot in the underworld. The whole place was literally leaking of it!

She grabbed both of Alec and Serena's hands on either side of her and closed her eyes. Nezza concentrated on the all of the shadows around her whilst imagining at the same time the place she wanted to go to. "Okay, guys. The only thing you both have to do is imagine where you want to go and in our case, that's back in L.A. I wish I could travel us somewhere closer to Seattle but I don't think I have enough power for a distance like that." Nezza said, somewhat dejectedly.

"Oh and one last thing: remember to run."After taking in a long breathe, she silently prayed to her mother for a safe journey as Nezza suddenly broke into a sprint towards the huge shadow of a Poplar tree.

The rush of adrenaline helped Nezza blast a huge amount of energy for her and her friends as they were engulfed in a blanket of darkness. They were still running as the shadows acted like a tunnel all around them and the only thing Nezza could sense were the hands of her two companions.

The next minute, they were showered into a light of gold as they stumbled onto the hard dirt of the ground, right next to the DOA building. Nezza, having used up all her energy, closed her eyes with a smile as she collapsed, happy that she got her and her friends safely back out of the underworld.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am

floating down escalators
YOUR EYES ARE GREEN, YOUR HEART IS BLACK
Apparently Alec got more than what he bargained for when he met a ghost in the Underworld, but none of the knowledge he gained would help him with the quest. The apparition said nothing but gibberish to him! Who does he think he is? A damn fortune cookie? Did the Underworld turn him into some cupid now?

When addressed by the phantom, the Brit was quite appalled by how much it knew about his life. No doubt, the mention of love being the medicine for a broken heart was about Kate. Ever since the break up, he had gotten grumpier and more short-tempered than he truly was. But still, how would another romantic interest be the solution to the hurt caused by his previous, crappy love life? It sounded like a recipe for disaster, one that would end up with him being hurt once again.

A scowl erupted on his face, his eyebrows knitting together as he replayed the information given by the spirit. Great peace, my arse, he thought bitterly.

He only managed to hear some bits from Serena and the ghost's conversation. By the sound of it, she was starting to grow irritated at his words, yet held a patient demeanor. It was the exact opposite of the expression written all over Alec's face.

His bright eyes flashed as his head snapped back to the spirit's direction. He opened his mouth to reply to what he had said, but once again, he was interrupted by its figure dissolving and disappearing into the air.

"Warn me?" he snorted, simultaneously as Serena spoke. He averted his gaze to her, studying her features. Her golden eyes were glazed over, as if in deep thought, when she mumbled two distinct words that never failed to make a chill run down Alec's spine.

The Amazons were similar to the Hunters of Artemis, the differences primarily being they worshipped war gods and goddesses as opposed to being limited to only being followers of Artemis. The tribe was also granted permission to have relationships with men, but according to the rumors, they were treated like slaves. Cue the shivers. He wouldn't want to imagine himself linked to one of the Amazons if it means giving up his freedom. They just seemed like a bunch of blood-frenzied feminists with weapons.

"Yeah. Great job," he repeated quietly after Nezza praised Serena for guessing their next destination. He awkwardly patted the daughter of Apollo on the back as a gesture of encouragement.

There was now a new set of problems for the demigods: their exit from the Underworld. They had been so focused on finding the ghost that they hadn't even thought about their way out.

"Find an exit?" asked Alec sarcastically, but Nezza didn't really acknowledge that suggestion. Instead, she lead their trip back to the ferry, hoping that they would find a mode of transportation out of the place.

On their way to the boat, he started to notice the ground was shaking. His eyes widened as he stared at the ground. Could earthquakes happen in the Underworld? But when his eyes shifted to another scene, he realized that the ruckus was due to a bunch of hellhounds playing like they were a bunch of Poodles. And for some reason, Nezza was able to come up to an idea from this. It was astonishing how the young half-blood was able to come up with these kinds of things from something so simple. After explaining her plan and giving them a short lecture, the trio gripped hands and proceeded to run along with the darkness.

One minute they were inside the Underworld, and the next they were outside the DOA building. Alec heaved a sigh of relief, thanking the gods that they made it out of there safely. To his surprise, Nezza nearly fell to her knees, but he was able to catch her, wrapping his arms around her stomach. He grinned cheekily at her. "Nezza, that was amazing."

He pulled his friend to her feet, snaking an arm around her waist for support. "I heard something from the other campers too. There are rumors that the Amazons' headquarters are located in Seattle, which is about 1, 135 miles from Los Angeles." he glanced miserably at the truck they had used earlier. If they decide to go by car, he would be burdened with the duty to drive once again, given the fact that he was with minors.

"It would take approximately 19 hours to get there with no stops or distractions. Most likely we'd be faced with more monsters on the road and I would rather not take any chances. However we could always go by plane. It would only take about 3 hours. And honestly, I kinda need the rest as well," he added sheepishly. The boy hadn't slept since they left camp and the lack of energy was starting to take a toll on him.

"I won't take no for an answer," he put in quickly before anyone could object. He gently pushed his two friends towards the car before unlocking it and helping Nezza in before shutting the door after Serena entered the car. He checked the mirrors, noticing how the dark rings were prominent against his pale skin, before stepping on the gas and making their way to LAX.

The boy guessed that Nezza was snoozing during the duration of the ride. But, it was alright. The silence was comfortable, the son of Khione think during the ride. He thought of all the airlines that were listed last time he'd been at the airport and remembered that Virgin America offered low-fare tickets to majority of the states in America.

He snuck a glance at Serena. Usually, he'd try to read her emotions since that's what he enjoyed doing. He had a knack for observing people and knowing whats on their minds, but for some odd reason, he couldn't place Serena. It was intriguing to him. He just wanted to get inside her head and know what she was thinking about all the time. It was extremely frustrating.

When they reached LAX, he parked the car and hopped off the vehicle. "So long, sucker," he muttered to it, kicking the tire, then heading into the airport along with two of his best friends.
tagged: dawn & sashi ♥ | word count: 1,045 | notes: no outfit yet!

escalators template by
Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:21 am

The daughter of Apollo felt smug for a while because she figured that she could be helpful to the group every once in awhile but it was short lived. Seeing Nezza’s expression worried her as Serena watched anxiety swimming in the daughter of Nyx’s cloudy grey eyes. It was probably about what the spirit had said but all of their passages were as vague as one another. “Great job, Serena! Even I didn’t think of that.” Nezza forced a small smile, which wasn’t very reassuring at all. What made Serena even more uncomfortable was the unnecessary pat and praise of her eldest companion. “Uhm, yeah. Thanks.” Serena replied reluctantly.

As usual she trudged along behind the two as they discussed another plan on how they were going to get out of the Underworld. Serena knitted her eyebrows together because if she remembers correctly, no one can get in and out as easily as Hermes did, the messenger of the gods. Another battle with Cerberus was out of the question.

And just as she thought they had no hope on succeeding this quest, the ground shook a little. A bunch of hellhounds were playing as happily like puppies in a field. The daughter of Apollo raised her eyebrow at them and bit her lip. Don’t get her wrong, she is very much of a dog person and she is a total sucker for Golden Retrievers but these dogs…they were just as big as Clifford.

What was even more surprising is that Nezza are more or less related to these canines and they way these hellhounds regarded her with such playfulness acknowledged her as one of them. All what came to Serena’s head was that the gods were certainly weird. The dogs gave much significance because Nezza just figured out another plan to escape.

The daughter of Nyx suggested something they haven’t obviously done before. Today was the day they were going to experience travelling through the shadows. It seemed pretty cool at first since she didn't need to ride on a dog that probably wants to kill her but then suddenly Serena’s head felt light. She wrapped her hand around Nezza's and watched the light escape her eyes and she thought she was going to hurl. One thing was for sure is that she didn’t like it and as soon as it was all over, she felt trippy like she was spun around countless times. “Woah."

Apparently Nezza had it worse. She has gone unconscious and Alec willingly supported her to her knees. “Nezza, that was amazing,” He grinned cheekily at her. He made her sand upright with his arm firmly gripped on her waist and Serena’s eyes wandered around for a bit. The same familiar feeling of unexplainable anxiety and distance has resurfaced all over again.

Alec explained that Seattle was their next destination but travelling by road would be lengthy and they haven’t got the time. Luckily, there were airplanes and as Alec had said, Virgin America offered low priced tickets. Serena merely nodded with the idea, not meeting his eyes again.

Throughout the whole car ride, Nezza still remained unconscious and as usual, Serena took the back seat. She looked out the window, a bit amazed that they were able to get out of Hell despite the price paid by their friend. But looking at the situation, she just seemed drained because she probably used a lot of energy to command the darkness to engulf them all together.

In general, Serena was indifferent when people stared at her. But in this case, she would notice Alec do it more than often. Like right now for example, she perfectly knew he was glancing at her through the rearview mirror. Normally she would start laughing but the son of Khione just did as he please with such intensity that caused Serena to remain unmoving just to be polite. She sighed to herself, knowing that there was some kind of awkwardness between them ever since this quest started.

Where did the feeling of being spontaneous go? Right now, everything seems a bit forced between her and Alec and she hoped to fix it soon. And just when she thought she that was all she had to do, she remembered she still had to sing for him in exchange to hear him play. “Just great.” She crossed her fingers that he would forget.

They reached LAX with such short notice and Serena offered to buy the tickets. After all, Nezza paid for hers on the train ride. ”Three please.”

There was a reason why the tickets were cheap. The plane was cramped and everything looked ancient. It wasn’t really much of a surprise and there was no room to complain. Though their ride looked this way, it was strong enough to bring them to Seattle. Serena didn’t feel like sleeping because this was her first time on a plane and the experience amazed her as she realized she sits on a chair suspended in the air.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Please put on your seatbelts because we are landing shortly. We hope you had a great flight and thank you for choosing Virgin America.” The intercom died and the seat belt hazard lit up. People started waking up and were getting a hold of their things. It was noisy again and Serena glanced at Nezza who, by the look of things, probably is still drained. She didn’t even wake up with all the fuss the passengers were making. She debated whether she would try out her healing ability on the daughter of Nyx but then she figured experimenting wasn’t the right time right now. So instead, she got a small square of Ambrosia and popped it in Nezza’s mouth.

“Do me a favor, will you? At least try swallowing this.” Serena brushed off Nezza’s hair from her face as the color in her skin slowly returned. Completing the quest was challenging yes, but the safety of one another was just as important. To see Nezza like this, someone who acted like Serena’s sister more than any of the other Apollo kids did, brought her uneasiness.

“How are you feeling?”

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 am

When Nezza opened her eyes again, she wondered if she were still hallucinating or probably got a concussion when she had fallen because she couldn't quite believe what she was seeing in front of her. There, in a midnight, silk, tight gown which stood in contrast to her pale skin as her long, dark hair swept elegantly behind her was a woman whom Nezza thought she'd never see in her whole life. She was immensely beautiful and had a lot of jewelry and glitters in her outfit that shined like the starts in the night sky. Her eyes were black as onyx and seemed to be filled with an endless void of the anything and nothing, just as she was created to be.

"Mother?" Nezza said, her voice breathless and in awe as she took in the sight of her real, live mother right in front of her.

Nyx's voice was soft and quiet as she replied to her daughter. "Yes, darling; it is me. Now, close that mouth of yours before an asteroid gets inside."

Nezza would have asked her what she meant when she finally took in her surroundings with wide eyes. She wasn't in L.A. anymore nor was she even on earth; she was in space. Well, that's what Nezza thought she was in since basically she could only see stars, stars and more stars around her. When she looked down, she realized that a plane was flying below them which made Nezza think she was probably in there along with her friends.

"This is a dream." The daughter of Nyx stated more as a fact than a question. She couldn't well be able to breathe if it wasn't. This probably answered why she seemed like she was standing on mid-air. Nezza may not be scared of heights but seeing that the ground was probably like ten thousand feet below her, could shake a girl's fright.

Nyx curled a small smile on her lips, probably sensing her daughter's terror. "Yes, this is a dream so you should have nothing to worry about, my dear. Come." Nyx made a gesture with her hand for Nezza to come closer and sit on an old but comfortable looking chair beside her.

Nezza did so, and looked towards her mother with a tense and wary look. "Uh...well...so, why did you call for me, mother?" She couldn't help but stammer and fidget since this was like the first time she ever had a conversation with her mother in her whole life.

"First of, I would like to apologize to you, dear for not being there for you when you needed me; and for the family you had to put through when I left you with him. I had thought your father would have treated you better but I guess the lure of money had changed his ways." Nyx said, her eyes devoid of emotions but the tone of her voice clearly expressed how sorry she felt.

Despite the amends her mother was trying to make, Nezza could feel her insides burning and her fists clenching as she was reminded for all the times she felt rejected and alone, all due to the decisions the woman across her made.

Sorry? She comes and asks forgiveness now when I'm on a dangerous quest? She talks to me now after all those times I prayed for her to answer my calls, to give me an explanation why she left and she tells me this? It was all her fault!

Nezza knew it was probably wrong to storm at a goddess especially when she was in her domain but that little precautionary thought was like a little bug at the back of her mind against the haze of anger she now felt towards her mother.

Through gritted teeth, Nezza answered back, "Treated me better? He left me and ditched me for his wife, just as much as you did when you abandoned me on the doorsteps! How could you have done nothing whilst they treated me like I was dirt; like I was the adopted child there and not them!"

Nyx's eyes still didn't betray a sliver of emotion of how she felt but her tone which was soft before now had an underlying edge to it when she talked. "Don't think you're the only child I bore, Nerezza. I thought of you all the time just as much as I thought of all of your brothers and sisters in camp."

Nezza laughed, a bitter smile curling on her lips. "Oh? and how has that thinking ever helped anyone of us or even me? I'm very well aware of the fact that I'm not the only child you had but I'm sure am the only one who has a split personality. A chaotic and wild one at that which I know is most certainly inherited from you!"

"You should be proud, child! It was a blessing-"

"It was a curse!" Nezza didn't care that she had shouted at this point, all she wanted was for her mom to understand her, to really understand and realize why she was this upset with her. "If I didn't have it, I would have at least been more accepted and tolerated by my family but no! Everytime I got mad, everytime something didn't get my way, everytime my temper snapped, I'd turn into...a...a monster!"

She didn't realize she was openly sobbing at this point, not until Nyx reached out and cupped her face in her slender hands. Nyx was shushing her like a mother would to her crying baby as she held a weeping Nezza in her arms. "You are not a monster, my child nor are you crazy or a freak. Mortals will never understand the power of the Night and what I have given you has a greater purpose than you can imagine which you'll soon realize later on in the quest." Her mother's voice was soothing and hypnotic at the same time which made Nezza absentmindedly wonder if she were using her powers to calm her down.

After the crying had subsided, Nezza felt her head light and heavy at the same time. The former because she finally said what she wanted to say and the latter because crying your heart out actually hurts a lot. "You used your powers on me, didn't you?" Nezza asked quietly, her voice hoarse from the sobbing she did earlier. She was still wrapped around her mother's embrace and realized that she quite liked the surprising warmth it gave her.

"Yes, but only so that you'd calm down faster; I didn't see that our little chat would end up like this." Nyx said which made Nezza want to blush in embarrassment. "But I'm actually glad you did get to talk to me about your problems. I have a feeling that you've been wanting to vent out your frustrations about it for a very long time now."

Nezza nodded, too tired to say anything anymore and opted to just let her mother talk. "Well, as that's over and done with, I can now finally tell you what I wanted to talk to you about." Here, Nyx pulled herself apart from the embrace and sat down on the couch behind her so that she was at eye level with Nezza.

"When you land on Seattle and find the people you seek, I want you to do something for me." Nyx paused as if making sure Nezza was still listening to her. "Save the girl who holds the object you desire. Save her before she loses herself. Don't let the curse devour her mind, Nerezza and if it does, your blessing will help you there." She was holding her hands now in her grasp and was looking at Nezza with those deep, dark eyes, sucking her in like a black hole in space.

Nezza nodded, not quite understanding what her mother was requesting but she'll try. After finally releasing the "dam" to the goddess, she felt her spirits higher, and her mind more at ease as the things she bottled up for so long had spilled and finally set loose. She kind of felt sorry for her mother for saying all the things she had said but Nezza knew if she didn't, she might never find the opportunity to be at peace with her mother again.

Nyx smiled at her, a beautiful smile that showed all the love and affection Nezza had wanted to see and feel for the past fourteen years of her life. "Even if I acted quite harsh to you earlier, I hope I can make up for it with this. Goodbye, mother."

"Farewell, child. And don't worry; you have made me proud as it is. As I had said, I have always been looking out for my children." Nyx kissed the top of her head and as she did, Nezza could see her surroundings getting hazy as if she were finally waking up from a dream.

Before she was fully gone though, she heard her mother say a few parting words that left Nezza in shock and very red to the cheeks. "Oh and I quite approve with the boy you have taken a liking to Nerezza. He suits you well though I do hope he finally tells you the truth."

Nezza woke up with a gasp, her body feeling much better than it was before though her energy still a bit drained for over exerting it too much. She glanced at Serena who was sitting beside her and looking at her in concern. "Yeah. I feel fine, Serena. Thanks." Nezza smiled at her, feeling in a happy mood after her encounter with her mom.

She stretched out off her chair in a cat-like way, feeling her muscles click and went to grab her bag. "Now that we've landed guys, I hope we can take a bit of a break from the quest to get some food and drinks because I'm starving!" Nezza laughed in a way she hadn't laughed before. She felt like a monster attack could happen at any moment and it wouldn't even dampen her spirits.

Nezza existed the airplane with Serena and Alec and as the walked through a hallway, she asked enthusiastically, "Do you think we could find a Mexican restaurant? I'm craving for some tacos for breakfast!"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 am

Photobucket

ALEC SANFORD, SON OF KHIONE
four hundred seventy-three words ; outfit

The last time Alec was at the airport, he had escaped his hometown of Wolverhampton after discovering his mother was a Greek goddess. He recalled the glass panes on the ceiling and the never-ending lines for boarding at JFK. Based on the interior of LAX, he could say that nearly every airport was exactly the same.

His sneakers squeaked against the cheap, marble, grey, tiled floors as he trudged along the busy airport. For an early day, the place was pretty busy. Tourists passed by, wearing awful floral-printed button ups and white tennis shoes, while businessmen chatted on their overpriced smartphones with a grim look on their face. He felt the corners of his lips twitch up. It was exactly how he remembered it.

Serena impressively took over when she bought their tickets. The daughter of Apollo's tone was crisp, calm, and polite. Alec wouldn't have pegged her as the girl who came to Camp Half-Bllood as an orphan.

Fortunately, the wait for the plane wasn't long. They settled into their cramped seats by the wing of the plane. Serena helped Nezza into the window seat before she settled in the middle seat, leaving Alec with the aisle chair. He plopped down on the seat, the back of his head hitting against the seat.

He suddenly remembered the mini cubes of Ambrosia in his backpack in the overhead compartment. He glanced at Nezza to see her still passed out, head resting on the window. Frowning, he just decided to give her some later.

His eyes fluttered closed as he felt the plane gaining speed. Something he always despised was take off. Landing, he could tolerate, but taking off was unbearable to the teenager.

When he heard the familiar ting of the seatbelt light going off, signaling their peaceful transition from taking off to on-air, his light blue eyes shot open. He blinked several times, trying to adjust to the sunlight seeping through the windows. He noticed a man with shaggy, blonde hair seated a few rows in front of him. Next to him was a guitar case. Perhaps he bought the seat for his beloved instrument, who knows? But the sight reminded him of the promises that he and Serena made to each other before they left for the quest.

He turned to his companion and sucked in a breath. She was basking in the sunlight, her light brown hair glistening due to the rays of the sun, revealing the chocolate-colored streaks in her locks. Every time she blinked those golden eyes, her long eyelashes would graze the top of her cheekbones. In that moment, the young demigod truly looked like a daughter of Apollo.

Alec blinked, forcing himself back to reality. "Hey," he said quietly, trying to get her attention without waking their third comrade. "You still have to sing for me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}   The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy} - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Madness of Midas' Hand {Private w/ Dawn and Diggy}
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: America :: Off Campus-
Jump to: