Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The new kid {Open}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:18 pm

The new kid {Open} Fgh_by_lotusblossoms-d4yj8le
Arilee Moores
. 16 . Girl . Daughter of Apollo .

She had to admit, life at camp was going okay since fewer people treated her like a complete freak. Since, well, a lot of these kids had worse things happen to them and are even weirder than she is. The Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades campers each had this aura of power that Arilee tended to avoid. The Athena kids are all super-smart geniuses and are pretty wicked strategists. The kids of Hecate can pretty much do anything that involves magic, which is a lot. Jeez, she just fit right in. Well, her and Tucsila. She was glad Chiron had let him stay with her in the Apollo cabin, even though he was a wolf. She figured Chiron was just afraid of offending Apollo, her dad had some pretty wicked tricks up his sleeve. More like...toga.

She had been sitting on this beach for about an hour, watching the sun rising over the canoe lake. She sort of understood that her father could control light, though she had never been able to express this trait herself which she was bummed about, since a few of her siblings could.

She had insisted Tucsila to go and find something to eat, primarily not a horse or Pegasus which he complained about half the time they were sitting on the beach. Which got her so annoyed she eventually sent him off. He of course refused, and she started humming an angry tune and he stomped off in the directing of the mess hall. Probably muttering curses about Apollo's songs.

But Arilee stayed on the beach, her hands tucked in her jean pockets. There was a slightly chilly breeze coming off the lake, sending her slightly cured hair in a frenzied array around her shoulders. She looked down at her arms, which goose bumps were already beginning to pop up. And of course she forgot her jacket back in her cabin. She rolled her eyes. Sometimes she wished she was a daughter of Athena, so she wouldn't do such silly, stupid things. Like forget her coat. And here she was, in a plain white tank shivering before the rising sun.

A shuffle of feet brought Arilee back to her senses, her muscles tensed and she lowered her hand to her dagger that was attached to her belt, her hand sliding against it's leather hilt. But a woodland voice flicked through her mind. Whoa Ari! I don't really want to be made a wolf-kebab! She smirked and turned toward her wolf friend. He stood only four feet away from her, with his eyes wide in mock surprise. She pointed her dagger at him, her face as serious as she could muster, "Tucsila. No sneaking up on me like that, I could'a skewered you like that hellhound!" But her seriousness broke, and her lips cracked into a grin. She pushed aside the fact that she probably would have skewered him if he hadn't have spoken. And by the look on his face, he knew it to. She heard his tsking in her mind, You just need to settle down m'lady. Monsters aren't coming into the camp boundaries unless they are summoned. And it ain't likely these days, you haven't made any friends or enemies yet. She glared at him. "It's not my fault I came here only a few weeks ago, I haven't a chance yet, that's all." She grumbled. She hated it when Tuc was right, she was on edge ever since the hellhound attack and a lot of kids were nervous to go near her, she evidently was 'monster prone.' And even before that she hadn't attempted to make friends with anybody, so the hellhound attack just made her all the more of a stranger. She kicked the sand with her tennis shoe, sending pebbles and sand into Tuc's coat. "No poking fun." She muttered at her friend.

The new kid {Open} Gray-wolf-mn

~OOC: I'm kinda hoping for someone to show her around, make friends with her, etc etc. Or making an enemy would be fun. ;) Or a start of a romance, whatever. Just post in OOC at the bottom to specify what your aiming at, or if you just want to wing it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:47 am

The new kid {Open} 523699_333000746754991_100001352040694_827517_1916382486_n_large
Alexandra Louise Whitlock
Daughter of Zeus

You know, the last thing Alex expected to see in the beach was a girl talking to a full-grown wolf. Being in a camp full of things from Greek mythology, she was rather used to seeing weird things happen, but still... this had got to be her first time encountering a demigod seemingly conversing with an animal. And it didn't help that she couldn't hear the wolf answering. Alex was starting to doubt the sanity of this girl. Maybe she was a daughter of Mania? She didn't look like it though

With her ever-present camera hanging from a rainbow-colored lanyard around her neck, Alex padded along the shore. She hadn't bothered to dress up today, which was quite unusual. She donned a white sleeveless shirt instead of her usual blouses. A few glittery words were printed on the front of her shirt, The battle's in your hands now, but I would lay my armor down if you'd say you'd rather love than fight, and Taylor Swift's signature at the bottom. Alex was such a big fan of the singer. As she drew closer to the girl and her wolf, she kept on pulling her black denim shorts up every few steps, muttering something about forgetting her belt.

"Hi!" Alex finally greeted once she was close enough. Flashing a huge smile at the girl, she couldn't help but pray that the girl wasn't really a child of Mania, the goddess of insanity. She wasn't sure if she could put up with insane people.

"Are you new? I haven't seen you around before. And counting the fact that I've been here for around six years now, I think I know everyone by face." Alex chuckled softly. She happened to glance at the wolf and she couldn't deny that the sight of a wild animal did scare her a little. "Um, is it yours? Is it... safe? I'm not really used to being around wild animals... Especially those with sharp teeth and..."

Alex trailed off, catching herself before she could go drone on. "Please excuse me. My mouth has a mind of its own, I swear. So... hi, I'm Alex." She drew in a huge breath when she was done talking. There, that wasn't so bad. Hopefully she hadn't scared the girl off with her big mouth.

((I'm winging it. Alex can be unpredictable at times xD But I guess they'll end up being friends, don't know for sure yet))
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Arilee Moores

Arilee started at the sound of a girl's voice behind her. She shot a look at Tuc, wondering why he didn't warn her. But from the look in his eyes, that was his plan. Probably wanting her to make friends or enemies, she had to do something in this place. So, she turned toward the girl. She had seen her before, she was sure of it, a daughter of Zeus maybe?
Quote :

"Are you new? I haven't seen you around before. And counting the fact that I've been here for around six years now, I think I know everyone by face."

She nodded, "I came here a few weeks back. I haven't really gotten around, and if I did it's probably because of rumors." The girl didn't even pause, Ari could see she was easily the talking machine of Camp. She watched the girl give Tuc a quick glance.
Quote :
"Um, is it yours? Is it... safe? I'm not really used to being around wild animals... Especially those with sharp teeth and...Please excuse me. My mouth has a mind of its own, I swear. So... hi, I'm Alex."

I can see that...Well, hi Alex, I'm Arilee," she reached over and ruffled her wolf's ruff. "And this is Tucsila. He's a gift from my dad, Apollo. Don't worry, I can communicate with him. He may look scruffy, but he won't eat you." She felt Tuc's glare burn her skin, and his sharp retort. Who you calling scruffy?! Have you seen your hair lately?
She swatted his nose in mock anger, "Watch your words mister!"

She shrugged apologetically to Alex, who seemed to be looking at her like she was a complete nutcase. She cracked a grin. Oops, way to make a first impression. Tucsila threw her a meaningful glance. Oh well, Minnesota girls will be Minnesota girls. She can think what she likes, so long as she doesn't get...you know...incinerated by lightning or something. That would just ruin her day.

"So, your a daughter of Zeus, right?" Might as well make conversation. Even if this kid didn't exactly need much encouragement to get her rambling.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:56 pm

No matter what Arilee said about the wolf, the mere sight of it still sent shivers down Alex's spine. Hopefully it was a feeling she could get used to in time. Mustering up her courage, she gave an unsure smile and a tentative wave at Tucsila. "Er... Hi, Tucsila. You have such nice... fur. No, seriously. It looks fluffy and it makes me want to cuddle you for hours but I'm still scared of you so I'm holding myself back."

Alex said that a little too fast for her liking but she thought that it was a good first time talking to a wolf. She looked back at Arilee, frowning a little at her question. How did the girl know? Was Alex that well-known? Or did Arilee just hear a lot of rumors about her? If she did, what other things about Alex did Arilee know? Great, now she was just getting paranoid. Which was a little unusual because Alex was an open book and she had nothing bad to hide.

"Yeah, I guess I am. How did you know? I didn't think it was obvious, y'know. I kinda don't look the type." She gestured to her clothes and how she seemed so bubbly compared to most of her other siblings. "I mean, majority of the people think that children of Zeus are so... how to describe it? You know, this level?" She stretched one of her hands upward to emphasize her point. "And they feel like we're so superior because we're like the descendants of the king."

Alex ran a hand down her messy hair out of habit. She probably went overboard with the talking again. "But I'm harmless--well, I think I'm harmless. Enjoying your time here so far?"
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:52 am

Arilee Moores

She listened as Alex rambled on about Tuc's fur, wanting to...cuddle him but still to scared to touch him. She felt Tuc crane his head toward her. Yeah, and her hair reminds me of hair. But thats not making me scared of her. Ari cracked a smile, Tuc always knew how to make her laugh. Not at mean or rude jokes, okay those work too but thats beside the point, he has a way of being funny and innocent at the same time. She wished some others would be able to understand him too. It would make life a lot more interesting.

Quote :
"Yeah, I guess I am. How did you know? I didn't think it was obvious, y'know. I kinda don't look the type. I mean, majority of the people think that children of Zeus are so... how to describe it? You know, this level? And they feel like we're so superior because we're like the descendants of the king."

"Well, I've seen you with your siblings before, so thats a given. But kids of the Big Three have this aura of power you know? I don't know how to describe it, really. And, uh, you are descendants of the king of the gods, which usually makes you good leaders..." She pointed out. But she had a point on one thing, a few of the kids of the Big Three had extremely large egos, almost like they were gods themselves. And this girl, you could almost see no resemblance.

Tucsila leaned over and sniffed Alex's fingertips, no doubt trying to place where they might have saw her before and her powers. He looked back at here and stated, She smells. Like lightning, ozone. It's weird. She didn't know how Alex would react to her wolf touching her hand, but she decided to cover up Tuc before she got freaked and blasted him with a lightning bolt or something. "He said you smell funny." She said with a grin. "Coming from him, that can be a good or bad thing."

Quote :
"But I'm harmless--well, I think I'm harmless. Enjoying your time here so far?"

Ari shrugged. "It's not as bad as I had thought. Chiron's a good teacher, and most of the kids here are as weird or weirder than I am. So at least I don't feel to out of place. Except when Tuc makes bad jokes and I'm the only one who laughs, it's like I'm the daughter of Mania instead of Apollo."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Good leaders. Oh my. Alex let out a hearty guffaw. The words 'Alex' and 'leader' should never be in the same sentence. She knew that herself. Before she could say anything else, she froze in shock as she felt a wet nose lightly touch her fingers. Oh my gods. He's sniffing me. His teeth are barely an inch away. Oh my gods... It only took the most of her willpower to stop herself from hyperventilating. She heaved a sigh of relief when the wolf drew away, just thankful that all of her fingers were still intact. It didn't seem like Alex could get the idea of being around a tame-looking wolf around her head.

"Funny? I showered, okay? I just hope he meant it in a good way," she said, scared of getting in the wolf's bad side. "And there's always the exception to every rule. No one in the right mind would make me a leader, I assure you."

Alex laughed. She couldn't believe that she actually considered the idea of this girl being a daughter of Mania. Just another instance why you should never judge at first glance. "I've seen a daughter of Mania before, and believe me--not someone you want to get in a conversation with. Unless of course you enjoy random bursts of laughter for no reason and words that never existed in the English dictionary." She paused, glancing over at Tuc again. "Isn't there some way to hear him? I can't deny that I'm kinda curious about his thoughts."
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Arilee Moores

Arilee kinda liked this girl, sure, she was a little more fashionable and uppity than most of her friends back home, but then again most people were. She didn't seem to bad, and she talked enough for the both of them. Which was quite fine by Arilee.
Quote :
"Funny? I showered, okay? I just hope he meant it in a good way. And there's always the exception to every rule. No one in the right mind would make me a leader, I assure you."

Ari shrugged. "I dunno, a lot of humble people make good leaders," she pointed out. She knew the ways of wolves, and she knew only the dominant, smartest wolf would be allowed to be leader. And if that were the case in Camp Half-Blood, all the leaders would be in the Athena cabin. But alas, she liked how Alex wasn't all up in her face because she is a daughter of Zeus and really has authority to do so.

Quote :
"I've seen a daughter of Mania before, and believe me--not someone you want to get in a conversation with. Unless of course you enjoy random bursts of laughter for no reason and words that never existed in the English dictionary."

Ari laughed, "I don't know, it sounds pretty amusing to me! At least they are entertaining, if your in a good mood when you talk to them." And it was true. They sounded completely nutty, and still Arilee wanted to have at least one conversation with Mania. Or one of Mania's kids. Just to say that she did it, and did not smash their head in in her agitation.
Quote :
"Isn't there some way to hear him? I can't deny that I'm kinda curious about his thoughts."
Really, she didn't know. She had never asked her dad about that, about whether others could possibly hear Tucsila talk too. She knew some of the other Apollo campers could hear Tucsila, but not many. "Theres no way, that I know of, for other people to hear him. Though there are some other Apollo kids than can understand him too."

Tucsila sat poutily between the two of them. Will you guys stop talking about me like I'm not here? Jeez, I'm like a hot topic. Arilee smiled and lightly pushed him toward Alex. "Oh, stop complaining Tuc." In return, Tuc stuck out his tongue at her.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Alex laughed along, liking the way Arilee thought--or her in general. Well, she did like people who tended not to get fed up with her talking. And besides, Arilee thought she was humble. She got a fluttery feeling inside that came with compliments. She wasn't ever going to take any of them for granted and as such appreciated these little statements that brighten up people's day.

"You're so sweet," she said genuinely, smiling. "But in all seriousness though, I'd advise you against choosing me to be a leader, unless you want random bolts of lightning every now and then." She chuckled, not meaning it as a threat. Really, she didn't think she could handle the responsibility. Alex would probably go crazy dealing with all those stuff and end up frying the nearest thing she could touch out of stress--hence what she said.

"Whatever floats your boat I guess. Just don't blame me if they start strangling you because of some sort of hallucination," she said, waving her arms around randomly just to illustrate her point. She couldn't help but pout a bit at what Ari said about understanding Tucsila. And Alex so wanted to hear him talk too! "Ah well, I guess I'll settle for a translator then."

Chuckling as Ari told the wolf off, Alex wondered what the wolf was complaining about. Was it still because of her smell? She was about to ask when she felt Tuc's fur brush against the back of her hand as Ari lightly pushed him towards her. Oh. My. Gosh. He is so... cuddly! Hoping for the best, she tentatively reached her hand out to pat the wolf's head. The fur was softer than she had initially thought. And it just seemed like giving affection to a regular dog, and so slowly, Alex's fears began to fade.

"Well this isn't bad," she said cheerfully as she continued to stroke Tuc's head. Alex barely fought the urge to throw her arms around the wolf and squeal. As much as she didn't want to admit it aloud, she was rather proud of restraining herself.
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Arilee Moores

Well, Alex seemed to like her compliment, thats for sure. She almost seemed to glow from happiness. With her, compliments seemed to go a long way. But Ari was fine with that, I mean, who wouldn't take a compliment?
Quote :
"You're so sweet," she said genuinely, smiling. "But in all seriousness though, I'd advise you against choosing me to be a leader, unless you want random bolts of lightning every now and then.
Whatever floats your boat I guess. Just don't blame me if they start strangling you because of some sort of hallucination," she said, waving her arms around randomly just to illustrate her point. She couldn't help but pout a bit at what Ari said about understanding Tucsila. "Ah well, I guess I'll settle for a translator then."
"Guess so. Though, life would be interesting if everyone could understand him! It's a bummer, really. I wish I could ask Apollo to have him talk out loud." She wished she could ask her dad that, but she figured Apollo had better things to do than make a wolf talk. Then Tuc's voice entered her mind. You know, you complain that I talk as much as I do. I do NOT want to know what it would be like if I talked aloud! She rolled her eyes. Oh Tuc.

She watched as Alex's tentative hand stretched out to stroke Tucsila's head. She smirked. With the power the children of Zues have, she wouldn't expect it to be a giant achievement to pet a wolf. But hey, everyones different. And truthfully, watching Alex staring so amazed at Tuc was enough to make her stifle a laugh.
Quote :
"Well this isn't bad,"
"Yeah, isn't he so soft? I swear, I think Apollo made him soft just for me. As a kid, I loved all fuzzy things." She could tell Tuc was thoroughly enjoying the attention the two of them were giving him.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:05 am

"Yeah, he's like one of those plushies you can just squeeze the whole day and not get tired," Alex agreed, scratching Tuc behind his ear. She tried to keep her excitement in check--she was fairly sure that the wolf wouldn't like it if she accidentally sent an electric current through his body. Not to mention that he might try to bite her on reflex. She shuddered at the thought.

"We've got something in common then. I used to have a huge collection of plushies at home. Well, some of them ended up kinda burnt over the years... for obvious reasons." She giggled slightly. "I can get uncontrollable when my emotions go extreme. Which is why I'm trying my best not to squeal over Tuc because there's an off chance that he might end up fried."

She hadn't really meant for that to slip out. It was obvious from the look of surprise that crossed her face. What if she scared Ari and Tuc off with the fact that she can explode at any given moment?
Back to top Go down
Arilee

Arilee

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:19 am

Arilee Moores

She guessed Alex wasn't all that bad for a daughter of Zeus, and it seemed she didn't fit in very well with her siblings. She didn't have a all-commanding personality to her, but she does have a almost scary amount of power over the skies. She could tell by the way Tuc was acting, he clearly didn't want to startle her. And by what she just said, it was clearly quite possible to send a electric shock through her wolf and fry him to a crisp. Well, that would suck.

She glanced at Tuc, who was surprisingly silent. "I doubt you'd electrocute him fatally, and if you did I could heal him. Though, it's better safe then sorry I guess!" She smiled and ruffled Tuc's ears. "Though, I'd prefer him not fried to a crisp." she chuckled.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The new kid {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new kid {Open}   The new kid {Open} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new kid {Open}
Page 1 of 1