Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Nice Day to Fix a Watch.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

Nice Day to Fix a Watch. Empty
PostSubject: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Hephaestus||Raphael Cornell||Fifteen

Raphael pushed his way through the revolving door way of Cabin 9 and sat on the steps. He watched as campers scampered around, talking, standing, walking, running. He just observed; something he did a lot. He wasn’t that fond of anyone outside of his cabin, at least no one made an effort to do so. It was odd being here, it didn’t feel like family that much to him. His siblings were cool and all, and he loved being around them, but the rest of the camp felt odd and that he didn’t belong there. Then again, they were all different, every single person unique in their own talents. Even Raphael wasn’t a typical Hephaestus child. “At least I’m safe…and so is Caroline…” He smiled, leaning back against the steps, which was probably the least comfortable thing to do, and he gazed at the clouds in the afternoon sky.

He looked at his wrist, a bronze watch with a dark leather strap wrapped fittingly around it. It was decorated with several designs, Greek symbols, flames, hammer and anvil, and crossing swords. It had five buttons, one to switch between modes, one to set the time, one to set the alarm, and one to light it up. The fifth was black, standing out among the rest. Raph pressed the button and the watch spiraled and folded out into a gauntlet-like device, a key pad melding to fit his palm. On the top end, there were three outlets. One looked like the end of a sniper rifle, and with a touch of the key pad, holographic cross hairs hovered over his wrist. Another looked like a miniature exhaust with lighter under it, which sparked as Raph fiddled with his palm. The last outlet looked like a mail slot and was positioned above the other two. Raph flicked his wrist and out popped a blade of celestial bronze that glistened in the sun light.

When it retracted, Raphael took a screw driver from his pocket and began tweaking bits and pieces of the gauntlet. He was having a hard time getting a gun of this size to fire with the right amount of power. He would have liked it to be strong enough to at least penetrate to skin of an automaton, but all it did was made a really big dent, not harming to core mechanics. Sure, what are the chances of him fighting an Automaton? But that’s the strongest material he has to test with, and if the bullet doesn’t go through that, then how was it going to cut the skin of the toughest monsters? He couldn’t summon lightning from the sky, he didn’t have dead on accuracy, and he certainly couldn’t shoot fire from his fingertips. All he had were his gadgets and if those weren’t at their best performance, how could he be of use in a fight?

[EDIT: ...Wow did I really forget his sister's name?]
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:08 pm

~A~L~I~Z~A~B~E~T~H~~B~~Y~A~T~E~S~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aliza was having a typical day. Wake up, eat breakfast, make a fool out of herself, fail a class, fall down, and of course break something. The girl was the most fagile dancer and when her feet were being guided by music nearly perfect grace. Oh but give the poorgirl a straight line to walk and she'd trip over her only feet. Taking careful glances around her siblings and cousins of her cabin she found them socialites and active while all she wanted was to be a loner and hide away from prying eyes.

True the girl was nice and friendly she was just very socially awkward and preferred to stay away from any dangerous sistuation this wasn't going to work as she found the cabin to crowded. Sighing in defeat she gathered her MP3 player and left. Walking along the path way she continued along when a glint caught her gaze. Turning her head to stare at a young man working on a watch she walked past trying to look like she was paying any extra attention to the skillful teenager she plugged her ear phones into her ears and brushed her long hair from her face.

It took about three more steps when she was right in front of the cabin to trip and fall dead over something jutting out of the road. She let out a started sqeak and groan when she landed on her arms covering her face. Sitting up she knew eyes were on her and she would love to be able to melt into the shadows and dissapper off earth. She had embrassed herself infront of another crowd and frankly it was too much in one day and her eyes nearly started to well. 'No. Don't be so weak.' she told herself. Jarred and in pain she touched her arms gently feeling the scraps already burn. She tasted metal and realized she had bit her lip and it spilt and bleed. Sighing she wiped her mouth but it didn't help.

~D~A~U~G~H~T~E~R~~O~F~~T~E~P~I~S~I~C~~1~5~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Raphael was focused on his gauntlet device, letting out soft grunts as he twisted screws as tight as he could. And eventually, he was getting pleased with his progress. Then something caught his eye, a demigod falling flat on her face in front of him. His face was that of concern and he set his screw driver down and stood up, walking over to the young miss, forcing his gauntlet to retract into its watch form.

As he came up to the girl, he knelt down and tried to get a look at her face. “Hey, you ok? That looked like a pretty nasty fall.” He commented. It probably wasn’t, just unexpected, but Raphael had a very caring nature and this girl was no exception. He stood up a bit and gave her his hand, smiling softly. “Here, let me help you up. We have emergency supplies in Cabin 9…you know, in case someone accidentally chopped their arm off.” He joked casually.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Aliza stiffened when she seen shadows above her, looking up slowly she seen it was the boy who was working eailer. Taking an earphone from her ears so she could hear him she nodded that she was fine. "I-it's ok." She mumbled shyly wringing her hands a few times before he offered a hand. Once she stood up she dusted her dark navy blue shirt off and wiped her face off.

"Oh, I don't want to be a bother." She mumbled feeling the cool breeze stinging her flesh. Her eyes widened slightly.
"That doesn't happen often does it?" She asked eyeing the entrance to the cabin carefully. Digging threw her bag she found the player and turned it off and turned back to look up at the boy.
Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:23 am

He smiled at her and shook his head, reassuring her it was safe to go in. He turned around and headed back to the Cabin with her following. “Don’t worry. That’s a rarity…It’s just more common than other cabins.” He paused for a moment as he thought about what he said. ”Except maybe Ares Cabin…” He said, a slight chuckle from his lips.

When they reached the Cabin, already by the door was a medical station and Raphael took out some of the first aid equipment. ”It’s not too bad.” He said, pulling out some disinfection cream and some cotton. ”Here…” He stated soothingly, dabbing the cream gently on her flesh. He tried to be as soft and light as possible while still rubbing the cream in. Once he finished, he smiled up at her and stood up, easily showing his height to her. ”You should be fine. Used to get those all the time from playing in the parking lot.” He stated, as if that was a common activity.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 pm

~A~L~I~Z~A~B~E~T~H~~B~~Y~A~T~E~S~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She bite her lip nervously but stepped into the Cabin anyways. She looked around the cabin marveled by it's robust look and gleaming metals that protected it's high tech exserts. She watched him retrive the first aid kit and prepared for the feeling.

She pushed her lips together to keep in the childish hiss of pain and she tasted her own blood from her lip.
"Oh well.. I'm a dancer so falling isn't a stranger but hard surfaces are." She said in a quite unsure tone. Brushing her hair back behind her ear she awkwardly stated, "I'm Alizabeth."

~D~A~U~G~H~T~E~R~~O~F~~T~E~P~I~S~I~C~~1~5~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice Day to Fix a Watch.   Nice Day to Fix a Watch. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice Day to Fix a Watch.
Page 1 of 1