Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Teach Roleplaying?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raiden

Raiden

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:23 pm

I am newb, so if they already got this section or already got a thread like this, delete this XD Anyway, can there be a section where we teach people how to roleplay? I've seen some people not roleplay very well, and I won't name them because I don't want to be rude, so I'm hoping to get a 'teach roleplaying' section going.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Raiden

Raiden

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 pm

I wasn't really...how should I say this. Teach roleplaying as in making them from beginner to professional, like...this, I guess:
*Smacks you* Beginner
*Gets teaching*
And then
*He rose his hand, before he brought it down to your face* Pro-ish.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Well, most people on here know how to roleplay, and I'm pretty sure that there is a section in the rules on how to roleplay...Actually, if you click here than theres a topic on how to roleplay. But, if you also go into the 'chat' section of the forum (located here) than you can find a sticky that's a place for new members to get a mentor to help them out (you find a member that you would like to be your mentor and PM them. You can PM a member by clicking the PM button on the bottom of any members message)

Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Raiden

Raiden

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Oh, now I get it.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Improving would have been a better word. x3

I don't know if I can see this working out. Everybody has different writing styles, and I find that spending time writing can improve someone's writing. I've seen role-players on here that when they register don't really make great role-plays, but gradually improve with time. It's patience, I suppose.

I don't really know, that's really just my opinion. Most of the issues with writing on the site are just punctuation and length. xD
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 pm

XD yea, listen to what Skye said. When I first started roleplaying, I had trouble sometimes making it with the four sentences. But, now that I've been here for almost a year, I've gone through a lot of diffrent writting styles.

***By the way, I'm on the list of those people that mentor new members, and if you need any help, I'd love to help you!!! X3***
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, we're in the process of making quite a few guides right now. I would be willing to make a rp guide to go along with our others. (if it's approved by the rest of the staff.) Because I have had some time lately, and since some of the newer members do sometimes struggle, then it might be helpful to have a detailed version of "how to rp."
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm

There's not really a way to teach skills in RPing. A general guide on RPing, no matter how long will never be enough. Every single person here has a different style, it's kind of hard. Teaching general guidelines would be helpful. Or just extending our current RP guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teach Roleplaying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teach Roleplaying?   Teach Roleplaying? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teach Roleplaying?
Page 1 of 1