Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!

Go down 
+6
Katie Firebird
Nico
Rykthrall
Banana
tethys
General Carys
10 posters
AuthorMessage
General Carys

General Carys

Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! Empty
PostSubject: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:09 am

Right, so I had an idea when I was on another RP site and saw what we were missing here. There were three boards that we didn't have here, Plot Pages (where you write a little paragraph about your characters and others react to think of plots to post with, then the Wanted Ads, characters or relationships you want need for a plot could be requested there, or brothers and sisters and last but not least, Advertisement and Affiliate Board where other forums can post link to their site and you can go to theirs and do the same!

that's all...
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:43 pm

We have a topic for advertising other sites in the chat, but I personally like the idea of having a specific board to advertise, instead of just one topic. I like the idea of having a board dedicated to plot. I never really come up with a plot, just RP-ing without one, but it is a great idea for the people who want to take an extra step in character development. The wanted ads idea is interesting, since there really would be no other place besides the chat for things like that. So to sum it up, I think the addition of those boards would be fantastic. (:
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 am

I like the plot thing. The sibling management/request/thing is fine too.
*Evil cackle*
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 am

Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! Do-want-squirell
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 pm

I like the idea, but personally, I think we already have to many forums. Adding more would be like killing a dead cat. (Or whatever the saying is. Something about a bull? Maybe poking is involved?)
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I believe the term is beating the dead horse.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I think this idea sounds really cool, but I agree with Nico.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Now now, girls! Just like shoes, you can never have too many forums! /lolno
But seriously, I think this is a good idea. This has the ninja seal of approval. xD
What about if we also changed the fanfic section to a sort of Community Toybox section, where people could post their artwork and graphic design and youtube videoes and stuff, and not just fanfiction and stories? Jussayin. xP

-- Ninja;

Back to top Go down
Sam the ham

Sam the ham

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:32 am

I love the idea of Plot Boards, at least, because plotting is something that's very common in role playing sites and it'd be nice to have it here too :) We could use PM for plotting, sure, but sometimes we don't know who to PM and not everyone's online on chat at the same time. A plotting board would definitely help develop our characters more.

As for the wanted ads, we could easily incorporate that into the plot forum, since wanted ads are there to help further our character's plots. Merging them would make less forums.

Also, just a suggestion, since there are so many forums, maybe taking down or narrowing some of the ones that barely get used? For example, the Huntress' area. There are a lot of empty forums.

These three forums suggested were there in all of the other RP boards I've been on, though.

/my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://sam-theham.tumblr.com/
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Well, Ham, considering the Hunters section is fairly new to the site, it's not a surprise it doesn't have many topics. There are really not many Hunters, compared to how many campers we have. So I don't think those boards will get taken down, seeing how much effort Angel put into it.

Now as to the issue about too many boards. I was thinking the FanFiction / Story sections be combined. Also, instead of having to scroll to get to a role-playing section, these new boards could be placed in Miscellaneous section to make it easier to get to the actual role-playing. While this does stretch the homepage a lot, it could organize things better, and keep most of the role-playing from being based off relationships. ( I'm guilty of this )
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 pm

In a forum I used to run we had a problem with too many RP boards we solved this by compacting the entire forum;

Preview: http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com/forum

If the Admins want to take a look at it here's their quick link:

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/admin/index.forum?mode=1&part=themes&sub=index&tid=8643a19e98544df590ea2bef1e17fa11

It basically will compact the entire forum into sub groups which if clicked on, expand into actual groups, then topics and sub topics.

Go crazy.
~Katie
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!   Three New Non-RP-ing Boards! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three New Non-RP-ing Boards!
Page 1 of 1