Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Making Sub-boards POOF.

Go down 
4 posters

Is this something you might like to see happen?
Yes
Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_lcap23%Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
No
Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_lcap31%Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
I'm not entirely sure, so maybe
Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_lcap46%Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
I don't understand (post in thread please)
Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_lcap0%Making Sub-boards POOF. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
dean
Experienced Poster

Making Sub-boards POOF. Empty
PostSubject: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

As you all know right now our board lay-out shows everything, Category, Forum Boards and Sub-boards. However showing all the subboards stretches the board immensely and therefore we cannot have any more when we might want them because it is simply too full. Now I had an idea that has been shot down before because I didn't explain it well enough. With this we would hide the subboards but put links in the descriptions of the Forum Board so you can still get there using 1 click! It just cleans the board up. If you're worried about it being small, the admins can just use the sizing code to make it bigger. So yeah, just putting it out there.

Dean's stamp of approval.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

So it is essentially going to be org where we replace descriptions with tons of links?
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm

NO NO NO.

We'll keep our gorgeous descriptions. We don't have as many - thank god - as org. They'll just be under the descriptions ;) The only place we'll have a few is with the Cabins.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Mm, interesting. It's possible, though I'd have to test run it and see whether it looks gorgeous or hideous at some point before we actually make it happen. The worst thing is making a huge change and then going lol no it looked better before. /killed

Let's see more opinions on this first, though. Also, how would we keep descriptions for the individual cabins?
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 am

You have the description like this right:

description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description

all you do is add links using the < br > and [ center ] code:

description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description description
link link link link
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm

But then how would that work for individual cabins? /does not compute sob
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am

They'll be there if you click on the just 'The Cabins' bit ;D and they wouldn't have links. They wouldn't need them cus yeah.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

too much work :V
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Not necessarily too much work. But do you happen to have, like, a test site that you could try it on so I could see what it looks like? .3.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Hmm, I don't think I have any forummotion sites..
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:48 am

I have one. I mean, if you want to test on it, it doesn't bother me. Just being nice XD All I'd have to say is, while I really don't care, if you do want to use it, let me run it by Will. She won't care either, but just so she's in on it and stuff XDD

~Vina
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I've actually gotten a pm from someone giving me permission to try it. I just need to find the time to do it. \owo/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Sub-boards POOF.   Making Sub-boards POOF. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Sub-boards POOF.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: