Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Testing your footing (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KarilSakuya

KarilSakuya

Testing your footing (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Kᾰril Sakuya

Son of Athena
Shy Personality

╔══════════════╗

Karil had taken to swordplay, like Picasso had taken to painting. After his first lessons he'd taken it upon himself to practice and learn every new thing, and master everything he learned. The last lesson he'd taken was all about your footing, and where you moved when your opponent did.

Karil had taken this lesson and come up with his own training style, he figured that if one could keep their footing on the ice, then one could keep their footing anywhere. So here he was, slipping and sliding a little on the ice and he swung his unbalanced blade, practicing various combat moves and making sure to try and keep his footing proper.

There were definitely a few times where he slipped and fell, but like a true person working hard he was back on his feet again in seconds and swinging his blade, and the more he did this, the better he got, his feet stepping lightly and moving more deftly, it was obvious that there was talent behind his blade.

╚══════════════╝

Artist
Skilled Swordfighter
"Where have I ended up?"
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Jake looked around the lake, upset at the cold, wishing he could go for a swim. He saw a boy in front of him walking on the ice, swinging a sword around. Jake walked forward, trying to keep his own footing as he silently approached the boy.
"Whatcha doin'?" he said as the boy was in mid-swing.
Back to top Go down
KarilSakuya

KarilSakuya

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Kᾰril Sakuya

Son of Athena
Shy Personality

╔══════════════╗

Karil swung his blade and as the boy spoke from behind him in mid-swing he brought the blade around and swung it, neatly settling it into it's sheathe at his side as he blinked a bit. He'd heard the crackling of ice and snow beneath the boys feet, despite the sneaking.

"I...am training. Why do you ask?" He asked quietly. He shuffled his feet a little bit, finding a comfortable spot and way to stand so he could speak to the boy on equal footing, the ice groaned at their feet since they were both so close to the same spot, but Karil knew it wouldn't break simply because it was rather thick.

Karil looked at the boy for a long moment and then sighed gently. He felt a little awkward.

╚══════════════╝

Artist
Skilled Swordfighter
"Where have I ended up?"
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 am

"Oh, just making conversation," Jake said. He heard the ice crack a little, so he took two steps back to relive the pressure on the lake's surface. "Am I interrupting something important?," he quickly asked. "I'll leave if you want."
Back to top Go down
KarilSakuya

KarilSakuya

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Kᾰril Sakuya

Son of Athena
Shy Personality

╔══════════════╗

Karil laughed a bit and said, "Very well. I can understand that." He adjusted his clothing a bit and extended his hand to him, "Not interrupting at all, I was just practicing really...so interruptions could technically be considered a good thing."

He said, "My name is Karil, you?" He asked out of curiousity as he continued to hold his hand out, hoping that the boy would shake it. It was another first for him...initiating the introduction. It was something weird for him and directly in conflict with the way he normally acted. But he shrugged, perhaps he was just coming to a head and opening up a bit more?

Camp was definitely having an effect on him. But he really didn't know if he wanted to spend the rest of his life here, maybe when he was claimed he'd become a monster hunter, a half-blood who dedicates himself to nothing but hunting monsters and helping other half-bloods? He knew already of the Hunters of Artemis, but he also knew they were strictly female, maybe he'd make the male version? Without being a god of course.

╚══════════════╝

Artist
Skilled Swordfighter
"Where have I ended up?"
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Jake reached his hand out and shook Karil's hand" My name is Jake." So... you're practicing, eh?" Jake looked around, taking in the scenery. Locations of water, cracks in the ice, solid walking spots, thin ice. As soon as he finished, Jake quickly pulled out his daggers and swung one at Karil. Practice makes perfect, right?
Back to top Go down
KarilSakuya

KarilSakuya

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:22 am

Kᾰril Sakuya

Son of Athena
Shy Personality

╔══════════════╗

Karil shook the boys hand gently and nodded, "Yes...It's probably what I do ninety percent of the time." He shrugged a little and looked around as well and just as his eyes came back to the boy he saw the daggers come out, and managed to just barely backstep out of their range.

Karil smirked and said, "Hmmm...so that's how it's going to then?" He stated as he drew his one handed longsword, unfortunately for him it wasn't balanced for him, it still felt awkward in his hand, but he had the hephaestus kids working on that.

He held it up in a combat stance and then shuffled his feet before bringing the blade into a vicious upwards slash.

╚══════════════╝

Artist
Skilled Swordfighter
"Where have I ended up?"
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Jake stumbled slightly as he missed his target, but quickly corrected himself. Fight like the water, he told himself. Move fluidly, graceful. Jake briefly considered trying to kick Karil into the water, but her figured that would be a bit too cold. He grinned to himself as he saw Karil's sword come upward. Now this he could do. He twisted to the side in a full 360 degrees, using the momentum to slash sideways.
Back to top Go down
KarilSakuya

KarilSakuya

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Kᾰril Sakuya

Son of Athena
Shy Personality

╔══════════════╗

(I do apologize for how long this took me, IRL has kept me rather busy)

For Karil, having an off balance blade was definitely a large handicap. As the boy corrected himself and moved a little more fluidly. As Karil's blade went upwards he found it parried to the side, exposing an opening in his defences and with his blade knocked out wide there was only one way to correct it.

Karil twisted with the momentum of the parried blade, using it to draw himself into a spin as he ducked and swept his foot out, aiming to knock the boys feet out from under him, that was the thing with Karil, He always seemed to be thinking ahead, strategizing. It was a trait he had always made use of.

╚══════════════╝

Artist
Skilled Swordfighter
"Where have I ended up?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing your footing (Open)   Testing your footing (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing your footing (Open)
Page 1 of 1