Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akiza Izinski

Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. Empty
PostSubject: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 am

I came sprinting through the forest. I noticed a camp up ahead. I wasn't sure if I could make it but I would have to try. I ran as fast as I could and when I got to the entrance I looked back. As it turns out this was a dumb move because this gave the monster just enough time to tackle me to the ground. I looked up at the sky and saw my eagle Akylas. I nodded and out of nowhere the grass around me became hard and thick. It wrapped around the reptile humanoid monster and held him high up into the air. I took out my sword and thrust it into the monsters stomach. The vines then through the dead monster far away from the camp. When the battle was over I fell to my knees and placed my hands on the ground. I was feeling very faint right now. I couldn't believe what had just happened and what I had just done.
Back to top Go down
Supergirl

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:46 am

Standing atop the hill, the young demigod capped her hands in a slight bored motion, her lips pursed in thought. Artemis's pink lips curved into a smile as she examined the girl, watching her with much interst. The young girl shook her head slightly, giggling softly to herself "well, well that certainly was impressive miss."
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:50 am

I panted trying to stay awake. I had no idea why I was so tired. I looked at the girl and began to stand saying in my Italian accent, "Hello, my name is Catherine Auditore." As I stood all the way up something happened and I fell down to the ground losing consciousness. Everything went black. I was swimming in a sea of darkness.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Red had seen the action from his perch in the pine at the entrance of camp. Concern creased his face, as he saw her tackled to the ground. When the vines whipped around her, his expression changed to one of admiration. Demeter or Persephone then. Looking at her victory, he considered going over to congratulate her, when he saw her attempt to stand. He could see what the outcome would be as soon as he looked, and he dropped out of the tree. He ran towards her as fast as he could and was soon by her side. He hoped that there would be enough sunlight, as he placed his hands over her body. Thankfully, light began to glow from his hands, weakly at first but getting stronger. "That should do it" he said to the girl."Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I slowly felt life coming back to me. Feeling came back to me with first a twitch of my hand and then my eyes blinked open. I saw a boy standing there and since I was half unconscious still when he asked his question I said, “What?” Who were these people and had what I had just done really happened? I needed to find out.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Red scrunched up his face in worry. The girl looked confused, so he tried to introduce himself to her. "Hi, I'm Rhapsody. You can call me Red if you like, a lot of people do." He looked her over for signs of any lasting injury. "You look basically alright, but we might be best to take you to the infirmary" He offered a hand to help the girl to her feet.
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 pm

I, not completely trusting Rhapsody, or Red as he called himself, didn’t take his hand. Instead I stood up on my own and dusted myself off. I looked at him and raised my hand in protest saying, “No, no, that won’t be necessary I’m quite fine to be honest.” I had taken on enemies far more deadly than that reptile monster thing. I had taken lives of many wrongdoers. I was trained well by my father and had learned endurance. However, nothing had prepared me for what it would feel like after fighting that monster. Had I really been the one who controlled those vines that took out the monster? Maybe I would find out if I spent more time with Red.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Red looked the girl up and down. Although she claimed to be fine, he wasn't too sure - she looked slightly shaken. "Well, if your sure..." he said, trying to determine what she might be thinking. "Judging from your accent, you're not from around here, are you?" He took another glance at where the monster had been, and couldn't help but be impressed by the power that the girl had shown. He wondered if she'd ever done it before, from looking at her expression.
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:12 pm

I shook my head and said, "No I'm not from around here at all. I was born and raised for part of my life in Italie. I came here when I was nine." I then thought about the fight that I'd just gone through and how the grass had risen and thickened into vines. I looked at the boy curiously and asked, "Did I make the grass grow into vines like that? I've never seen anything like that and it seemed to happen at a most opportune time. It really is very strange."
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 pm

He was correct! So, it was Italy that she hailed from. Well he wasn't from around here either. "Same, I'm Scottish through and through. Well, apart from the, you know, Greek...." Red smiled awkwardly at the girl, when he noticed that she was looking at him in a curious manner. She asked him a question, and he thought about it for a few minutes before answering. "I believe that it was you that made them, although I've personally never seen anything quite like it. It was braw, though!"
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 pm

I looked at the boy curiously and asked him, "What does Braw mean?" I had never heard this term used before and it sounded rather strange to me.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 pm

"Sorry! It's Scottish slang - it kind of means brilliant or fantastic, I suppose." Red hoped that that was enough of an explanation. To him it was just, well, 'braw' - he'd never really had to think about it before! Something he'd earlier came back to him, and he decided to ask about it. "Did I hear you say your name was Catherine Auditore?"
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 pm

I nodded and said, "Yes, that's my name." I wondered why he had put such an emphasis on my last name. Could he have possibly known about my father?
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 pm

"No way! So, are you like a descendant of the great Auditore family?" Red hoped it was true. All the stories he'd heard, the books he'd read. Could he really have met a distant descendant of the great Ezio Auditore? Red waited for an answer with baited breath.
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:06 pm

I rolled my eyes and laughed saying, "Please, you flatter me too much. I am the Auditore family you've probably heard about. My father was the Ezio Auditore of the 1500s. I'm not sure how he survived for so long but he did and here I am. the last living descendant of the Auditore family. My father died four years ago. I'm lucky that he had time to teach me everything he knew I suppose. It does sadden me sometimes though."
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:13 pm

"Wow! That's real br- fantastic!" Red thought about everything the girl said and realised what he implied. "I'm sorry about your dad... I didn't mean to upset you or anything, it's just... I have a photographic memory, you see, and I knew that I knew your name from somewhere. I shouldn't have brought it up." A wave of sadness spread over him, as he thought about what his Maw would be doing now.
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 pm

I shook my head and said, "No it's fine. People are generally curious about me. It comes with being raised by a great assassin like him. He raised me into a fine warrior as well. I can climb most any surface and I am extremely acrobatic. He also gave me a lot of his old gadgets. Like his hand cannon, his first sword, and his old armor and robe."
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 pm

"That's really incredible!" Red said with a grin. He was pretty amazed that this girl was really the daughter of Ezio Auditore. "My ma's a singer in a rock band- that's how she met my Dad. But you win on cool parents!" Red laughed. It was nice to meet someone he could talk to - he'd been at camp almost a month and hadn't really been able to talk to anyone
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 pm

When he said that I won on cool parents I tensed. I would not cry. My father was dead but I would not cry. I was all alone but I would not cry. a tear almost got free but I caught it before it fell off my face with my hand. I turned my back to Red. I needed a moment to calm myself down before I became a big blubbering mess.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Red saw Catherine tense when he mentioned parents, and he realized he'd probably mentioned a bad subject. He was about to comment on it, when he remembered the most common outcomes to these kind of occurrences. He's notice the situation, he'd point it out to them, they'd get a) even more upset or, b) hurt him. So instead he tried to change the subject. "So, do you like music?"
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I didn't even here him say anything before it welled up too much and I burst out crying. I hugged Red close to me as I cried over his shoulder. I didn't know how to deal with this. This whole thing was just too much for me. I hoped he would ask me what happened to my father. I needed to get it off of my chest but I didn't want to come out with it alone. He didn't need to hear what happened if he didn't want to but me crying, I couldn't control that.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Red held on to Catherine awkwardly as she cried, now completely unsure what to do. This must be about her father, he thought, it had to be. His inquisitive mind could take it no longer, and he had to ask. "Erm, what happened to your father? What do you know about? Why are you crying?" . The words burst out of him like a river after a dam had been busted. He'd been dying to ask the questions, and he knew he couldn't take it any longer.
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I hugged Red close then let go of him still keeping my hands on his shoulders. I then told him, "My father died of a heart attack four years ago. I know it's been a long time and I should be over it but I'm not and being made fun of at the orphanage didn't help me at all either. They were cruel to me there which is why I left. I had to live on the streets for two years and then I had finally saved enough money to rent an apartment. I got a job and everything and then that reptile monster attacked me and I found this place.
Back to top Go down
PhantomPepper

PhantomPepper

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Red didn't really know what to say. He felt so bad for Catherine - he couldn't actually imagine what it must be like to be her. "I'm so sorry", he said finally, "Guess I've had it pretty well to be honest".
Back to top Go down
Akiza Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I shook my head and said, "Don't worry about it. I should be over it already not weeping like some sissy. I'm sorry I broke down in front of you. You really didn't need to see that." I smiled at Red trying to cheer myself up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.   Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nod at the Bird and People Die. Everywhere People Die.
Page 1 of 1