Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Training to Train (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

Training to Train (private) Empty
PostSubject: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Training to Train (private) 57fe373c4c4e30bf9615272e4a281751tumblr_legqgx82ja1qffhxfo1_400
Penny Trudel
Poseidon

The training dummies seemed to be a pathetic challenge in Penny's eyes right now. Thoughts crowded her mind and she had just wanted to train, to get her mind away from things. She hope Angel was doing okay. Penny split a pracrice dummy in half at the thought of her cousin's heart reaking. She gritted her teeth together. Her emptions were always unleashed in the Arena. Penny only widhe there were other ways sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I let out a whimper of pain as the weapon closet door closes on my hand. I open and close my hand to make sure it wouldn't hurt to close around my dagger. I had tried to use a sword earlier but manage to do nothing but almost kill myself. A girl almost my age seemed to be killing something already dead. I feared this girl. I get as close to her as I can with out being hit. "Something on your mind?" I ask. Of course I wasn't one to counsel. If anything I was the one needing to be consoled. My mind was constantly on Kylee and Aiden.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Penny whipped around pulling her sword down to her side. She saw a guy, probably her arge not too far from her. Her wandered appn the guy for a second. Then she shook her head pushing the thoughts away. "Nah, nothing. Just um, thinking about my cousin." That was a stupid andwer because Penny had dozens of cousins she could have been talking about Riea, Aiden, Angel, anyone really.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 pm

"Well which one? If you trace our history back far enough, you and I are cousins." She really wasn't to frightening when she wasn't swinging her sword. I guess a sword adds a hint of malice to anyone. Still if she was to try and kill me, I might could out fun her. I had outran an Aphrodite girl I poured water over. I might could make it away from this girl.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Penny shook her head again, rolling her eyes and pursing her lips. "Just a daughter of Zeus. Good friend of mine. She's just going through a bit right now." Penny explained with a shrug. "Her life is a little screwed right now." Like mine, Penny wanted to add, but didn't. This guy's nerves seemed to relax a bit more the more Penny talked. A half smile creeped through her lips.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:10 pm

"Ah... Lots of people are being screwed over now a days." I say. There was Austin, Chase, Myself. Pretty much anyone was being messed over by someone at this point. Everyone was out for personal gain. It didn't seem like there were any good Samaritans to pick you up when you fell.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Penny huffed. "Oh yeah?" she asked. "A lot of people? How so?" Penny had been through two boyfriends over the course of six months, both jerks. She couldn't believe her choice of guys. Penny's mind was still screwed and she was just in this to help Angel now. Penny knew there were people who had it worse then her, but she couldn't come to the sense to really believe it.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm

"Your cousin!" I begin "half bloods in general! The Unemployed! Myself. And the way you responded I'm guessing you as well... Please don't kill me."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Penny stared him for a moment then started to laugh. "Uh, okay." she said giving him an awkward stare. "I kinda ment spacifically, but whatever. I know people go through crap, I'm not going to say my life is worse then theirs, I mean, compared to some, I got a pretty good life. I've got nothig against people for what they did in the past or what their history is like. What happens to other people is not my problem." And now, Penny knew she sounded a bit harsh and her words did not come out in the one she wished they did. Penny knit her eybrows together.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:18 pm

"I'm Cain," I say with a smile, despite the fact that she seemed to be at least slightly annoyed. "Son of Asculpus, The god of Healing and Medicine. " I touch the hilt of my dagger, more out of force of habit then anything else. For some reason my daggers were like a security blanket to me. Something to put my hope in when I couldn't do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Penny cocked an eyeborw up at Cain. "Penny," she says with a smile, despite the fact that his name rung a close to silent bell in her mind. "Daughter of Poseidon." Penny noticed that his hand drifted to his dagger's hilt. Penny tilted her chin upwards a bit, holding her head a little higher. Her grip on her sword tightened, though the smile on her face told otherwise.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:27 pm

"Poseidon huh? Poseidon's cool. I have... Used to have a girlfriend who is your sister." I HATED having to correct myself like that. I'd eventually get used to it and it would no longer be a problem. Eventually could not come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Penny shoulders dropped slightly. Wonder struck her. Penny's mind ran through the girls in her cabin trying to think of who might have dated Cain. She wondered about a few girls but couldn't think completely straight with everythig on her mind. Penny shrugged. "Well, yeah. I guess my dad is pretty cool," she uttered changing the subject though, she didn't like talking about either subject.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

I chuckle. Placing both hands on the back of my head I speak again. "The best part about Poseidon kids is their modesty!" I say with sarcasm. I laugh hoping to slightly hide what I just said.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Penny's smile lost its touch just a bit. "Modesty?" she echoed. "I'm guessing that's sarcasm? Another great thing about the Poseidon kids is our sarcasm and our indifference to others. And pur Mercy. Mercy is always a good thing." she smiled ad for just the effect, Penny turned and attacked another dummy cutting the head off of it. "Gods, we need to make new ones of these." Penny had come here to train, she was training.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 pm

"It won't be long before they replace them. It would also help if you used celestial bronze." I pause for a moment looking around. "If you want a dummy who doesn't fall apart, you and I could go at it. I think I saw some training weapons in the closet."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Penny looked at him. "My sword is celestial bronze," she said softly, almost in a whisper. "I'd love to take a go at you." she said with a smirk, and a swing of her sword. "What do you use?" she asks meaning as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:56 pm

I draw out my two daggers and hold them underhand. I preferred holding them this way. "Two daggers." I take a few steps back so that we're about 10ft away from each other. "Ready? GO!"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Peny rolled her eyes at his cockiness. She smiled and when he said Go. She took the first attack with a long upper cut swing of her sword. Her smile faded away and she fell into training mode. Penny trained for three years now she was using it against a real person again.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm

I easily sidestep her uppercut. "Uppercuts are easy to dodge and simple to see coming. Try something different next time." I had been in the Apollo cabin for to long. They were finally rubbing off on me. Most everything I learned in combat was from Austin. Maybe Penny could learn it too. I swing my daggers like sideways boxing gloves twice in a row. Neither of which meant to hit
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Penny rolled her eyes. Course she was goin to be critizied about everything she did, wasn't she? It was starting to annoy her but she held in her emotion. Instead she imply ducked one of Cain's swings and deflected another. She cross stepped twice to the left and jabbed and twisted her blade towards Cain's torso.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:00 pm

I leap backwards barely escaping the tip of her blade. "That's what I'm talking about!" I shout. This was getting serious. I hold one dagger at my chest and one near my face. I was always more of a defensive fighter.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Penny smiled likeshe accomplished something. Of course she missed but Cain encouraging her made her feel a bit better. She took a quick step back to catch her breath and check the standings. "You ever going to take an offensive position?" she asked and attacked again, aiming diliberately at his left hip.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I swing my blade down on hers almost using it as a launch for me. Once again I shift back into defense. "Nah. You can be the one to do offense." I smile gently at her.
Just one little slip was all I needed.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Penny grinned. "Offense is good." she said with a light shrug. She took another swing at Cain's legs. It was a pretty good area to aim for, not so easy to defend. Penny had tothink harder when mainly playing offense. Although it was where she preferred to play, she made some slips often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training to Train (private)   Training to Train (private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training to Train (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next