Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} Empty
PostSubject: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Kara
Glide, glide, glide, toe pick jump takeoff, rotation, land. I thought.

It was the winter festival, and they finally finished the ice rink. It would be natural for me to skate right? After all, I loved figure skating. It was my passtime. Crossover, crossover, crossover, crossover, build the momentum, leap, lutz, double lutz, triple lutz, slow, and land. I told myself.

I landed perfectly on the ice. I smiled. I really enjoyed skating. If only the rink was here permanently. But then it would only be fun for the Khloine kids. Everyone else would be freezing cold all the time. That wouldn't be any fun wouldn't it? I looked around. Everyone was wearing jackets when I was wearign a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Not the normal outfit for skating, but this'll do.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

The emotions raging in my heart awakened the fire inside me. Almost literally. As a special child of Hephaestus, I had my crappily unpredictable metal shifting abilities, my shortswords, and a temperature that seemed to match my emotional state.

I stepped out of the Hephaestus cabin, and met the cold air with enjoyment. Cold really had never bothered me. Looking over at the new rink- what am I saying, everything is new to me, I've only been at camp for 3 days- I could see a girl who seemed to be as naturally comfortable to the chilly weather as I was. A child of Hephaestus, perhaps? I hadn't met any friendly half-brothers or sisters yet. Perhaps this was to be the first?

I jogged towards the rink. Oh. Man, was she graceful. Then I remembered: I couldn't skate for beans. Skiing, snowboarding, yes, skating: no.

Uh-oh.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I just kept on doing a made up routine when I saw someone looking at me. I stopped. Even after all those competitions, I still felt a bit awkward when people saw me practice. Practice was when I made the worst mistakes. That was just imbarrasing.

I skated over to him.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked friendly.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Raising an eyebrow, I responded, "Hey, I'm Andrew Hyrulion, child of Hephaestus. Do you happen to be from the same godly parent as me? You don't seem to be affected by the cold like me." I put up a smile, and continued, "You skate better than anyone I've ever seen." Blushing ever so slightly (being the socially awkward idiot I am), I was about to take a step forward towards her, when the Fates decided I needed to look even dumber, and I slid forward and landing at her feet.

:3
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

I smiled. He seemed nice.

"No, I'm Kara, daughter of Khloine." I chuckled, holding out my hand. He was cute. A bit clumsy, but cute. Hilarious too. Not just going up to random girls and flirting. At least, from what I know.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Backpedaling with careful little steps as to not trip and crack my head open (plus look like an idiot), I got back on the bench on the side of the rink and let out an exaggerated breath I didn't know I was holding. Looking back at the girl watching me with amused eyes, I explained, "Sorry, I'm kinda clumsy: never good on ice with skates anyw-whoaa!" Someone had accidentally backed into me in his rush and pushed me forward, towards Kara.

Eager to avoid a stupid situation ending with me sprawled at her feet, my right hand shot to my left sheath and pulled out Hope in a single practiced movement, stabbing it into the ice to balance myself. I looked up and stuttered at her, "Sorry, sorry! I'm very clumsy -I'll... -um fix that!"

Well, Andy, you just can't stop falling for (Haha, joking with myself, I'm not crazy at all) any girl you meet, huh?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 pm

I went on my knees. I giggled a bit. Wow. Giggling? Not something that I do often.

"It's okay. You just need practice." I said as I held my hand out once more to help him up. I smiled a warm\welcomong smile. It always paid off to be nice you know.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:26 pm

My face heated up, reflecting my thoughts. "It also, uh, doesn't help that I don't have skates on, hehe." I blushed a crimson red, which was definitely a common occurence around cute girls. And here was certainly no exception.

"Thanks, Kara." I shied my gaze from her, sticking my hand in my pocket and closing my hand around the enchanted silver puzzle piece. Memories rushed up again, and I felt confused, confused and uncertain again...
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am

For a second there, he looked confused, then anxious, then happy, then a bunch of other emotions. I raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" I asked him. Seemed to be disturbed my something. By what?

He was blushing though. Was it that awkward to talk to me? Was I being too forward? Gah. I guess I mess up easily. I make others hate me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Responding unsteadily, "Nothing. i'm just having troubles with my memory... the Mist is affecting me in ways it shouldn't, I think." I shakily laughed. Maybe that really was it. If I ever met Hephaestus, in a dream or whatnot, I'd ask him to let me remember what was eluding me, to remove this mental barrier, right? "I can remember parts of my life before I came to Camp Half Blood, but some parts are just a hole." I continued, "And there was a girl. I think she was a demigod, she acted... was like you and the other halfblood girls I met. But I--I can't, can't remember anything. Like her name, where she was... what if this was all just a figment of Mist altered imagination? I'm scar-"

I shut up. Stupid. People don't care about your problems, Andy. They probably have some of their own. "nevermind" I said in a voice uncharacteristic for such a big teenager.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:38 pm

I smiled at him. "No, it's fine. The mist is supposed to mess with people. When you can't see throught the mist well enough that just means that your demigod scent isn't as strong." I said smiling. It was nice to make others feel good no?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 pm

"Yeah, okay." I avoided the subject. "Umm... I don't really... like skating when I don't own a pair of skates yet, heh." Oh, humor. -headdesk- that was bad. "But I'd, really, um, love to talk to you some more." I blushed. "Meet me on the side of the rink when you're done? Finish up, it's great watching you skate... you're -um- really good."

Well, Andy, embarassing sums it up nicely.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} Cl091029-2
]KARA| SAKURA| TAKAHASHI|

"No it's fine, I was done anyways. This place could use a zamboni." I added. The ice was starting to wear off (?). It wasn't as wasy to skate on anyways. Didn't matter either. I had a few months.

Last edited by MaximumEvilSmile on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Patting the cold steel bench besides me, I motioned for her to sit before using what little metal-shaping power I could muster to pull my body heat into the seat, warming it to a comfortable temperature. "So how long have you been here?"

OOC: I HATE THAT PIC ASDFJKL the model looks like she's trying to hard to look hot.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm

"I've been here for 4 years. What about you?" I asked him. It was cold. Finally. I dreaded the summer. I was always stuck in my cabin, trying to keep myself cold. I hated the warm weather. Winter was my favourite season. Why wasn't it? My own mother was the goddess of the winter.

A.N.: Is this one good enough? 0.o
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

"I got here 3 days ago. I've been on the run for the last three years from monsters, and Hephaestus gave me these swords he forged himself. Never talked to me, though." I unconsciously rested my hands on the pommels of said swords, looking at Kara.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:43 pm

"So you like Camp so far?" I asked him. I didn't know
much about swords. They didn't make much of a
difference to me. Then again, I never really liked swords.
I don't know why. Samurai swords onteh other hand, interested me.
Maybe because Obāchan had one. Obāchan... I miss her.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:20 pm

"It's been... interesting. I haven't had the greatest childhood..." I grimaced inwardly, and continued, "People have been nice to me, so far. I've met cool people already... like you." I blushed, then seriously, I said, "I haven't seen any other hephaestus kids though... do you know where they usually are? I've checked the cabin."
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 pm

"I honestly have no idea. Their schedule
doesn't cross over with mine."
I told him.
He seemed like someone that wouldn't
usually tlak to people. Kinda like that
person who would hide in the backgrou-
nd, too scared to come out. Not wanting
anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 pm

"Oh, I said, disappointed, "Thanks for your help though. Digging into my enchanted backpack (which weighed a friggin' ton), I pulled out a thermos of hot chocolate, and drank some. Mmmm. That was really good, although I didn't really need it to warm me up. I turned to her and acted like a complete troll (which isn't usually how I am, you know), taking long slow sips with exaggerated sighs of contentment, while smirking.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Kara
I raised an eyebrow at his actions.
Americans, I would never get them.
Then again, it was a bit... amusing?
I couldn't exactly point the enotion
out right now. I didn't need hot cho-
colate anyways, I liked the cold. W-
arm things made me uncomfortable.
Heck, heat made me uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Embarassed at my random flash of trolling, I used my crappy Hephaestus power to pull the warmth from the hot chocolate, and pulled another disposable thermo cup from the top of my thermos cup {Heppy invention go!} With a brief concentration attempt and a closing of my eyes, I froze the hot chocolate to freezing point by pulling the warmth into the thermos metal, where I bent the metal with force by heat, resulting in the hot chocolate crystallizing and then almost spontanteously cracking into tiny, tiny frozen delicious crystals. It looked like a gourmet slushie with all the flavour of delicious hot chocolate. Turning to her, I stuttered out, "U-uh, I know you're a fan of c-cold, so have a drink." I thrust the cup towards her, slightly tired from the power exertion.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Kara
I smiled at his generosity. "Thank you."
I said. I took a sip from the thermos. It
tasted good. It didn't look like the best
thing ever, but it was enough for me.
Besides, he actually bothered. It was
sweet of him to do that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:38 am

HYRULEAN . . . . . .

"No problem. Anything for you." I blushed scarlet red.
What the hell was I saying? Tightening my grip around
the pommel of one of my swords lying loosely off my
waist and on the bench, I laughed at myself on the inside.
Oh, you're done for this time, Andrew. Yep. I avoided her
eyes awkwardly after blurting out stupid things.

{Oh, I'm practicing my formatting! Preparing for a new charrie xD AND CHARRIES, GET SUM! :3}
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Kara
I blushed a bit. This was rather embarrasing.
I mean, nobody has ever said something like
that to me. Much less a boy. What was I su-
pposed to do? Act like it was totally normal?
No, I would seem [insertwordhere] to him.
Wait, why did I care? It's not lik- ARGH.
Nevermind...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}   Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just skating. What about you? {G H O S T}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: