Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenebris

Tenebris

Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Aahz sat under a tree near the lake, stretching his legs. He amused himself by sending images of rampaging cyclopes charging after random campers, and then then disappearing right when they thought they were caught. He had gotten in trouble many a time because of this, but he thought it was well worth it. After all, he had told himself. I already only spent half of my time actually in my cabin, and the other half in the Big House getting lectured.

A satyr ran up to the tree, and dropped a paper bag next to him, then sprinted off. Aahz looked down at it, and smiled."Thanks, man! You're the best!" he shouted after the satyr. He opened the bag and pulled out a can of coke, which he opened and and began to drink. "Gotta love this place," he said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} Dsfd

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer walked down the the shore of the lake smoking a cigarette. She closed her eyes and let the cool November wind blow through her thick black hair. Palmer's dark eyes wandered about the area as she puffed smoke from her mouth. She spotted a boy, maybe her age sipping a Coca-Cola and enjoying the rampaging campers get chased by Cyclopes while they fought for their lives. "Some trick," She called with a laugh to the guy. "Mind teaching me how to do it?" Palmer flicked her cigarette on the ground and sat down next to the guy.
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Chris had been taking a little swin in the lake to calm himself down from a fight he'd just gotten himself into with a Apollo camper. He swam one more lap before walking out. He pulled his jeans on over his wet boxers as it would only take him a few minutes to get back to the cabin where he could dry off. He spotted a girl and by having a can of coke. He crossed on over to them, leaving his shirt on the rock.
"Oh mate, do ya mind if I have one?" He asked the guy. He hadn't had a Coke in a month.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Aahz nodded, and retrieved two from the bag, tossing one to the guy and handing the other to the girl. "Help yourselves," he said, shrugging. He got such requests often, as he was one of the few who could actually get his hands on a Coke every once in a while.
He motioned to the Cyclopes chasing the campers"As for that, I'm not sure if you can do it, or how, exactly. I bend the light, reflect colors that normally would not be reflected. It's an Apollo thing, I think. Didn't actually learn it."
He reached out his hand to both of them in turn. "Aahz Byken. Apollo."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:41 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer raised her eyebrows. "Oh really?" she said and stood up. "Palmer Sinclair, daughter of Hecate, illusionist extrodinaire. I'm also really good at other things, but, creating illusions is what I do best." Palmer stood up and shook her Coca-Cola can up good. Then she poited it Aahz and pretended to open the cap."Coke" spurted everywhere all over Aahz but not really. Just a trick of the mind. The bending of light as he liked to put it. The gleaming fake brown particles disapeared. "What can I say? I'm a fast learner." Palmer smirke lightly.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Aahz smiled, not flinching as the illusion came towards him. "I see..." he said. "Well, whataya need me for? You seem to be doing just fine. I think we'd make a good team. Well... 'cept for one thing." He pointed at the can. "Now you gotta wait to open it."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer thought a second then waved her hand over her should. "You know, the joy of being a daughter of Hecate," She said while opening the can. "Is that you can do almost whatever you want, with just a bit of magic." she took a sip from the can. "See? I don't think your bending of light can do that." Palmer thought that she could do so much more but better to make things like that a surprise. It made things more fun.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Aahz shrugged. "Wouldn't need to. I wouldn't have actually shaken the can. He threw his empty can into the air lazily, and when it got about fifty feet in the air, it exploded, raining down small pieces of aluminum. "You know, I think Hecate campers cheat, in a way. A son of Zeus, or Poseidon, or Hades, could control wind and electricity, or control water, or raise the dead, whereas a daughter of Hecate can do all of that. Not a bad thing, though, as long as you're on my side."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:55 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer shot him a look. "Us children of Hecate can hardly
control the elements. We can shoot some-what a form of lightning but complete control over it is unlikely, we can create a tidal wave but not as large and as powerful as one created by a child of Poseidon, and we most definitly cannot raise the dead in any way.Kid of the Big Three are powerful, Hecate children don't have that kind of power. We are more as really, really good magicians."
Palmer began to study her nails that had chopped black nail polish on them. "I'm not offended." she assured him. It wa the truth too it was just hard to get the type of thing through people's heads. "Fire is the only element I'm good at." Palmer caught a small flake of aluminum in her hand it it burst into flames. She lit another cigarette from those flames.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Aahz nodded. "I know you have limited ability," said Aahz. "But just the thought that you can use all of it, to any extent, is... well... pretty awesome!" He looked up at her and smiled. "All I got's light and heat. I think fire beats that any day."
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Eyes closed and back against the tree, Palmer looked almost at peace, but she was far from it. She took a long swag from her cigarette and opened her dark blue eyes. "I hate limitations," she said flatly. "Limitless. That's my type of road to take." Palmer looked out across the lake and let her eyes drift across the water. She was tempted to take a picture of the dock, but decided to keep her camera in her bag.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Aahz turned to look at her. "Limitations don't matter," he said. "That's what my mom always told me. You do what you want, and don't let limitations stop you. You can do whatever you want to. All that." He turned to look up at the sky. His eyes were distant now, dark and sad. "And you know what? I believe her. And you should too. You may not have been born with the natural talent of some Big Three kid, but you sure as heck were born with the determination and the ability to get there. He reached up and absently tapped his head. "Your head does a lot more than make illusions, but it gets through 'em too.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:14 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

All of life seemed like a game to Palmer. Just one large game that was never ending and forever to be screwing with her. Not a lot went her way. Some things came out in her favor, but not always. "I believe her too," Palmer said looking at the cigarette that sat between her two fingers while she rested that hand on her knee. "I agree with her entirely."
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 pm

He nodded and turned back to her. "That's good," he said. "Most don't see it like that. They think, 'this is what I am, and I can't change it.' But it's not true. You can. I did."

Last edited by Umbra on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:47 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

"Well, not me!" Palmer said with a smile. "I'm always looking for a challenge." she nudged Aahz with her elbow. "If you know what I mean." she let her cigarette burn out now letting it burn to a crisp in her hand the flames not bothering her one bit.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Aahz laughed. "Yeah, I think I do," he said. "And I hope I don't sound too parent-y. I sound like some kind of shrink or something." He jumped up from his sitting position. "If you really want a challenge, what's say we have a little battle?"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:16 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer shrugged. "I guess so," she said with a smirk, "But I use a bow, so mainly that probably would be no fun for you." she raised her eyebrows at him with an expression that said what she was really thinking. 'I don't think you could take me either way, anyway.'
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Aahz laughed, getting her look. In your dreams, he thought. Then, out loud, "Well, that's okay, 'cause I use a bow as well. And your... fiery talents might add a little excitement. He took his bow from his back, where he always carried it nowadays, then walked to a large spot of clear grass next to the lake. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:39 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

'Challenge Accepted,' Palmer thought and got to her feet taking off her jacket revealing a dark blue tank top. The cold didn't bother her. Palmer rubbed her necklace as she walked to a starting position letting her quiver shimmer into existance on her back and her bow materialize into her hands. She turned on her heal. She notched an arrow into her bow and shot the arrow letting it shockingly whiz by Aahz head, missing it by maybe an inch. "Ready!" she called with a smile putting another arrow in her bow and ducking behind a tree.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Aahz smiled and notched an arrow as well. The tip grew red-hot, and smoke started to wisp off form it. He let the string go, and the arrow hit the tree Palmer was hiding behind with a sizzle. It burned all the way through the tree, leaving a hole a couple of inches around. He notched another, and waited for her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer came out from behind the burning tree bringing her next arrow close to her lips. She blew on it and the arrow head became and icey blue. Palmer shot it at Aahz feet and ice began to spread all around that area grasping anything it could and freezing it in place. Then another arrow straight at him.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Aahz waved his hand at the ground and it warmed, stopping the ice and melting it. "Gonna have to do better than that," he said, dodging the second arrow. He notched two more arrows along with the other, and shot all three at her at once.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

"Already am!" Palmer called back to Aahz. She rolled back behind a cluster of trees letting the arrows faulter out. When she came out from behind the tree it seemed to be that there were five of her all having two arrows notched and ready to shoot. Palmer let the arrows fly towards Aahz.
Back to top Go down
Tenebris

Tenebris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Aahz smiled and threw himself to the ground at the last second, barely dodging the volley. "Nice trick!" he said. "But I got one better."
Suddenly, the entire landscape turned black for Palmer. The trees and ground were all still there, but all that Palmer could see what pitch black, and Aahz. Of course, he could still see. It was an impenetrable trick, which could only be counteracted if Aahz canceled it himself.
Back to top Go down
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm

PalmerSinclair
Hecate

Palmer's world turned black as if the sun disapeared. She whipped around looking for an opening from the darkness. Palmer then stopped. "Cute," she muttered raising her bow in the direction she knew Aahz stood. "Teach it too me?" she gave a small plead like look at him. She shot her arrow letting it's own tracking trace itself to Aahz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}   Gotta love this place.... {OPEN} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta love this place.... {OPEN}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: