Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) Empty
PostSubject: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:46 pm

I knew I looked like an idiot as soon as I walked into the Arena. In every corner, I could see people spearing dummies with javelins, murdering other dummies in two seconds flat and pounding the daylights out of other dummies. I mentally groaned. I knew there was a reason Aphrodite kids didn't usually come here.

Well, I was already there, and I thought I might as well try something. Taking out a tube of lipstick from the pocket of my stretch-cotton shorts (oh, how I hate shorts and pants), I twisted the bottom, and out popped a celestial bronze blade. The lipstick tube was gone, replaced with an embellished handle that I couldn't help but admire. A present from my mother.

Hesitantly, I wove through the crowd, looking for a dummy that wasn't already having it's head slashed off, and saw one in a fairly empty area. I glanced from my dagger to the dummy. It looked kind of hard to kill. Was I really supposed to slash it with this thing?

I made a few half-hearted attempts at trying to decapitate it, but it didn't even slice the fabric. I even missed a couple of times. I wished I could just smile at a monster, and have them poof into dust. Or maybe get some custom-made stilettos with the heels made from celestial bronze. It was obvious I couldn't handle a dagger well at all. Or any weapon, for that matter. I looked around helplessly, envious of the other kids, especially the Ares ones, who weren't being defeated by dummies.
Back to top Go down
starsandskies2298

starsandskies2298

My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:56 pm

M E R C Y | H U D S O N

My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) Meerrccyy

SOTD: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=38868790

The arena was crowded. As usual. I sat down at the bench, alone and tied my hair into a very messy pontytail. I took out my dagger, made from Syctian iron from the River Styx. Chugged down some water, got into my armor, a silver breastplate and got up.

"Gods, I hate crowds," I muttered to myself and found a lonely place with a confused girl. She looked like she had no clue what she was doing. "So, do you need help?" I ask her. "You look kind of confused." I manage a smile.
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:19 am

I blushed deeply at the question. Aphrodite was all about looking good doing anything, and I knew I was making myself look like a fool. A dressed-up fool, maybe, but a fool all the same.

"Um, I think a little help wouldn't go amiss," I admitted, looking down. My dagger was pretty interesting; a lot more interesting than admitting I couldn't do something, anyway. "I don't think my mother was thinking straight when she gave me a dagger. I'm more likely to trip on it and stab myself in the eye than actually wield it."
Back to top Go down
starsandskies2298

starsandskies2298

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 am

I laughed. "Well, I'm Mercy. Daughter of Nyx. So what you want to do is throw it straightt, and once you're more advanced you get to do this little flip thing with it." I demonstrated for her. It landed on the dummie's forehead. "See?"

"The trick is to get more force into it, so pierces the dummy."
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:35 pm

"Nice to meet you, Mercy," I beamed. She showed me the right way to use the dagger (unlike the flailing I had previously tried) and to my awe and astonishment, it stabbed the dummy in the forehead. I winced slightly, but otherwise straightened, ready for the challenge.

I gripped my dagger in my hand, and with frightening clumsiness, threw the dagger. The release was kind of wobbly, and it flew past the dummy, but it managed to nick it in the arm. My jaw dropped. "I did it!" I squealed, jumping up and down.
Back to top Go down
starsandskies2298

starsandskies2298

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:23 pm

I smiled. "See? It's all about the throwing. The more you practice, the more you'll get!" I stepped a few feet further from her, into my own target and threw the dagger into the dummies stomach.
"So what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

"Oh! I'm sorry for not introducing myself, that was rude." I winced. "Evadne Taylor," I said, holding out a hand. "Daughter of Aphrodite. As you can see...I'm not exactly cut out for this stab-the-dummy thing. It's kind of sad, because I'm pretty sure most of my half-siblings aren't as clueless and helpless as me." I gave her a sheepish look, as if saying: What can you do?

Gripping my dagger again, I prepared to take another shot. "So," I joked over my shoulder, "do you regularly find yourself helping confused warriors in the Arena?"
Back to top Go down
starsandskies2298

starsandskies2298

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:02 pm

I shrugged. "Nah, not really. I'm not much of a social person, ya know?" I gave her a small smile. "I usually find a lonely place and practice."
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 am

"Sounds familiar," I sighed, throwing the dagger. It, again, flew past the dummy, only just managing to nick it in the neck this time. I growled and glared at the dummy, feeling slightly frustrated. "Is there a...you know, easier way to do this? Maybe pounce on it and stab upward?"
Back to top Go down
starsandskies2298

starsandskies2298

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Pounce and stab. Pounce and stab. Oh yeah. "Ah, you're gonna need a moving dummy for that." I said, pointing to the side of the arena that was almost completely full. "Yikes, people!" I ran a quick scan over all of them. "You up for it?"
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 am

"Well, I can't make myself look like more of an idiot," I shrugged. "So sure. I just hope I don't mortally wound someone." I started walking in the direction Mercy had pointed in. It was crowded with people, but I figured I wasn't strong enough to actually kill someone. Injure slightly, maybe, and we had people to fix that. Or maybe I was thinking of it the wrong way. Maybe I was clumsy enough to kill someone. I could see the headlines now: 14 year old girl kills teenager by tripping with a gigantic knife in her hands. I decided not to think about that.

"So...how do I go about doing this?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)   My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My dagger isn't my only weapon, but it's the only one that can kill monsters. And I don't know how to use it. (Open)
Page 1 of 1