Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

"You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."

Go down 
+2
Bri
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan
6 posters
AuthorMessage

"You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." Empty
PostSubject: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Recently many people, including myself, have been coming on CHB and CJ upset at our real lives. Then we log onto the cbox, and either we ourselves rant about how much our life sucks or we see somebody else complaining about theirs. This results in a complete self pity fest that eventually pisses someone off and in response they say something seemingly heartless like "Get over it!" Then that person is attacked and called all kinds of names. Quite honestly, we have enough of this. It is okay to vent, but it is NOT okay to use one's horrible life as an excuse to upset others in the chatbox. So with this thought in mind I make this suggestion:

Let them rant, but in a Rants/Complaint board. A number of RP sites have a board/subboard where people can go crazy talking about their lives and be free to curse their evil Government teacher or complain about how they're being bullied. The stuff does not have to be at all read by or responded to by anyone. That way people can vent and let out their tensions, but at the same time no one else is upset or further upsetted by someone crying over their bad grade in English or being called fat by their crush. It could be a subboard under Chat, and whenever someone tries to start ranting in the chatbox, we can point them to that board and he or she can post a thread and type out absolutely everything he or she is feeling. There's also a secondary suggestion in case the first doesn't work.

A venting thread instead of a board. It's the same thing except condensed into a thread in case staff doesn't feel like making yet another board.

Now I feel like I have to set a little ground rule or two to prevent any further conflict:

Let's not make this a place to curse out/diss another member of the forum. If there's problems with other members, we need to stop bottling crap up and instead start being able to talk to the admins. This board/thread is not in any way an excuse to rip someone else on the forum apart. We all know what happens when somebody tells someone else that he or she doesn't like him or her. Let's not multiply that by 100.

Speaking of staff, I kind of want to point out that we should have a change in the staff line up, mostly for the reasons stated by other people in various locations on the forum. I also think we shouldn't just push this aside. Otherwise we may have another unexpected issue.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:20 pm

I agree with Rhyme. People shouldn't come on the Chatbox if they're angry or sad, because they take it out on other people. The idea of a Ranting/Complaints Board sounds good for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:50 pm

I dont know how I feel about this idea, it just seems that all the rules concerning the chatbox are leading to us being able to do nothing on chatbox.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Hawk, you saw what just happened. I don't mind people venting, but when everyone is upset by it, there's something wrong. I hate to say this, but I'm tired of logging on to pity fests. I believe that I am not the only one. It would be nice if others would confirm this though.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Agree. Agree with option number 1 100%. I think this could fix a lot of things, because I'm tired of seeing people so depressed on the chatbox. They can be sad, but I'd like for them to be sad somewhere else. (PM never really works.) As long as the rules are strongly enforced.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 4:50 pm

A rant/complaint board sounds like a lovely idea! I just hope that it doesn't lead to any unwanted... erm, stuff. xD
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:08 am

This sounds like a great idea. :) I've seen this implemented on many sites, and it's been praised as a great addition since the beginning. I noticed that the community for the most part started behaving a lot better, and the shoutboxes/chatboxes were much more pleasant in the end. I'd like to see this idea used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."   "You can rant, but not in the chatbox please." I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"You can rant, but not in the chatbox please."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: