Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Re-posty thingy

Go down 
+3
dean
jessica
maddie ☹
7 posters

What do you think of this idea?
Love it!
Re-posty thingy I_vote_lcap58%Re-posty thingy I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
It's legit
Re-posty thingy I_vote_lcap32%Re-posty thingy I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Okay
Re-posty thingy I_vote_lcap5%Re-posty thingy I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Eh, I don't know
Re-posty thingy I_vote_lcap5%Re-posty thingy I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Kinda bad
Re-posty thingy I_vote_lcap0%Re-posty thingy I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Horrible. Disgusting. Hideous.
 0% [ 0 ]
Indifferent
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:38 pm

It was brought up in another topic, so I took my past idea and re-vamped it (plus, it's in the graveyard, so I can't bump it xD). Everything bolded is a major change/addition.

How about something to honor helpful (and active) members? Some people work hard around the forums, not including staff, and might as well get a reward, right? So, what I'm aiming towards is Member of the Month (motm for short), where each month, the admins decide which member has earned this spot. I was thinking, "What rewards?" I don't think upgrading to admin/mod for a month would be that good, because when they are 'demoted', it might cause them to throw fits. That idea being kicked out, maybe access to the secret mod/admin place or get some badge thing (suggested by Koala). They'd be involved with adminly/modly stuff, but not able to actually moderate. Besides that for a month, what else? Well, what about a group, that only one person would be in, coloring them a special color? That way, everyone would know who's the special member of that month. They'd stay in that group for the month, only. Also, as a going away gift, each member would retrieve a ranking, with only a picture (basically, the badge thing, but after they have gotten the spot). A star small, or some small icon thing-mer-bob from deviantart. That way, everyone would know that that member was motm! Also, I think someone should only get to be motm again after two years of not being it. 'Cause, you know, it would be pretty unfair.

I'm also thinking that admins and mods shouldn't get this "opportunity". They're already so amazing that they get to run torture and dictate poor souls on this site. For this stuff to stay active, maybe a stickied topic in the News and Updates section where it would say the month/week, and which member earned what. I think there should be two separate topics for each thingermabob. Here's what I'm envisioning [for motm];

Congratz, personwithaface, you're May's MOTM for 2011!

Past Winners

Month/Year | User
    September/2011 | loganlerman_ishot
    October/2011 | explosions

etc. etc. I think it should not be locked, so people could celebrate their friends' achievement!

Now, most people don't do this, but I wanna. Here's a pros and cons list of what might come from this.

pros
    -More people will start being more... helpful around the site, and that's always good.
    -Behavior may change, for the good. Plus, I think having any colored name/having that reputation could scare of the evil attitudes~
    -People who feel like they don't get enough attention for their hard work will feel appreciated.

cons
    -Though I highly doubt this will happen, admins might favorite people, and choose a winner because of their friendship with that person.
    -If admins aren't active, this might die down.
    -Braggers may start popping up.

There it is, again. Say stuff, or not. Poll thing up there once more. blahblahblah
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm

I think it's a good idea, Moo! ^ ^ Get people to start looking around. We need more people like that xD
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 pm

*shivers* I LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Like the idea, Mpoo. It could work. :D
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Shiver? What? xD

And thanks :p
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Dean was shivering from the awesomeness of your suggestion Moo! xD
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Like before, I still enjoy the idea. I can't remember what exactly I said before, but I'm sure most of it still rings true!
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 pm

I CONCUR WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT.

In other words, Ninja Likey. :3
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 pm

I LIKE THIS IDEA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-posty thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-posty thingy   Re-posty thingy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-posty thingy
Page 1 of 1