Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Getting The Site Into Shape

Go down 
+2
Ninja Poet
Crispy Bacon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Getting The Site Into Shape Empty
PostSubject: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Alright, everyone, so we all know what this site has become and we all really want for it to return to what it previously was, so that's what we're going to do. We're going to try to bring it back to its former glory and damn it, we're going to succeed.

We're going to have new rules, and everyone gets a say in them. You, the members, may tell us here what they think should be in the rules. You get to decide what should be allowed and what shouldn't. Any concerns or suggestions for the improvement for the rules may be posted below.

We're also going to collaborate to think of a solid punishment system. You guys know what's fair. Flimsy warnings without proper consequences can't be the deal around here anymore, things need to be done.

Suggestions regarding the staff may be posted here. Whether you think there should be a re-election or just a change in behaviour, please, feel free to voice it here.

Opinions on the site or what needs to be done to help the site may also be posted here. We want to know your opinions, no, we need to know your opinions. We're all supposed to work together here. Your opinions do matter! Please don't be afraid to voice them.

Any opinions or suggestions are not to be shot down. They are going to be treated seriously and thoughtfully, and we will all try to take everything into account.

Please don't be shy. We now understand what must be done and fully intend on working for and with the members for both now and in the future. We firmly promise to do our best to return Camp Half-Blood to the fun and stress-relieving place it previously was. A place where you were introduced to a friendly community that became your family. Somewhere where your opinions really mattered and were taken into account, not shot down immediately.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response to the current situation.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:06 pm

I think that the admins should choose what rating they'd like the site, and keep to it - either PG or PG-13. See more here.

I also think that there should be a change in ALL staff, CLs included. Not because I want a spot, [[I'll be long gone by then]] but because I think that, with all the leavings and stuff, we need a complete clean sweep.

Also, I don't think pregnancy should be allowed, or at least it should be mentioned in the character topic. I also think that there should be a stuff that's happened since the character has come to camp. Just so people know.
e.g
"name ;; Jake
Age ;; a number
bio;;
apearance;;
other stuff and stuff;;
STUFF THAT'S HAPPENED SINCE HE HAS COME TO SITE. Well, he's met a friend, bob, got a girlfriend, jill, and they have one son together, jannet.

-- ninja

[[note - the character form wasn't real, or what i suggest it should be apart from the underlined stuff. I'm just really tired.]]

I would also like Draco Malfoy. . .and a rocket ship. . .

Last edited by Ninja Poet on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I think beer isn't inappropriate, nor is drinking
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I have lists of ideas. :p

First, I think that the roleplays should have more rules to them. I believe that being intoxicated during a roleplay that is public (not through private messages) should not be allowed. The only type of alcohol that should be allowed is wine, and you can only drink so much of it. Since our members do find drinking enjoyable, the farthest drinking should go is to 1 or two glasses, and only wine (Dionysus kids...).

Next, if we should have a re-election, I thought of a solution members could easily have a say, and the admins will still be pleased. Let's just say we have no moderators, and the admins want a sufficient way to make them and the members satisfied, the ADMINS should pick around 7-10 people they would feel pleased with on the staff. Then, they hold a vote where the members pick which 5 or whatever number of members from those options they'd like as a mod/admin. It's a win win situation, unless everyone hates all of the options, which I truly doubt.

Another thing, I think we should have some... system. I've seen from various sites where they set up a way of punishment. Like one warning, two warnings and a temp. ban, week long ban, etc. Also, there should be three different class behavior (got this from school :p). Class one behaviors are minor, class two is mediumly bad behavior (or repeated class one behavior), and class three is where the punishments go from not even a warning, straight to like a temp. ban or permanent one.

Last thing for now, can we break apart the Rules&Joining section? Make that it's own thing, while there is a separate section for characters. Some members may be confused, and it might just be plain out easier. These are just some suggestions, so feel free to criticize.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Thank you very much Bacon. Now I have several different things to point out.

1. The Site Rating: People have been ignoring my argument on the site's current rating of PG-13 and the enforcing of it. It has made little sense since the staff has been enforcing the site like it's PG but then the rules say clearly PG-13. I want everyone to choose just 1. Here is my full statement.
  2. Staff opening up to members: Things have been rather hush-hush recently and that has been an issue. We want to know what's going on. PMs aren't going to work. I fear that certain members will be allowed information and then others will be denied due to favoritism if we did it through PMs. Just saying. No one should know more than somebody else. Look at Roo's topic here.
  3. A clearer system on battling: Currently it is very easy to godmod/powerplay/metagame here. People have done so. I've been involved in topics where somebody completely powerplayed my character. I've seen topics where people have godmodded to crazy extremes. Um, that's a definite no-no guys. Gaz had a point.
  4. Less clutter: Just may be me, but I don't like how the Rules and Joining board is set up. Maybe do a bit of organization or clean up because there's a LOT of redundant or crazy threads in there.
  5. Convince people to read the rules: The statement explains itself. I can tell there's a number of people bypassing the rules. Either put them in a clearer place (like make them a global announcement for the whole board or something) or maybe slip in passwords for apps. Like I don't know, slip in the word chunky banana there randomly then have on the app the Password: slot so that when people read the rules, they're like "OH CHUNKY BANANA!" and they place it there. Then maybe a few months or so change the term to keep people on their toes.
  6. Dean's idea: What? It was awesome. Take a glance at it here.
  7. Cabin Leader Reelections: Let's give the newer folks a chance! Let's allow new people to run for cabin leader and possibly bring in some fresh air into the place! I don't think it would hurt. Then maybe Cabin Leaders should have 1 year terms. That way we can constantly give newer members a chance to redeem themselves when they show up. I'm also cool with people rerunning, but I'm thinking there should be a limit so that folks don't get all greedy.
  8. Changing up staff: I just feel that we should maybe change up the staff ranks a bit and let in some fresh air there. Maybe hold an election or an application process or something. This isn't entirely necessary if not everyone wants to do it, but I think it would be nice to let some fresh minds into the staff room. Maybe they'll have fresh ideas. Speaking of such...
  9. Promote Openmindedness: This isn't exactly a rule or anything, but I just want to say this to everybody. Be more openminded! In order for us to successfully change we need to allow new ideas to grow! I don't want to see a single person get bashed because they stated their opinion. I don't care where it is! Chatbox, suggestion box, people need to be respected. And anyway, how can we expect to change if we tell Bob to shut up every time he opens his mouth.

Now with this said, I encourage all members to speak out their minds! It's okay, we won't bite! And if anyone does I'll murder them.

~Rhyme
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:24 pm

I still believe there should be a more efficient combat system and more chances to fight other users in battles.

But who voted down beer? :(

As a Canadian who is part Irish, It seems insulting to vote down anything involving beer(Or bacon, for that matter), personally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't think beer should make a difference... they advertise it on TV, and children's parents drink beer. It's not like we're shoving beer in a kid's face and yelling "YOU MUST DRINK BEER," or they're not going to know about beer if we don't mention it on the site. I do; however, understand and fully support the elimination of beer if the site is made fully PG.

Also.. I really like the voting system. It's worked really well on the other websites I've been on, and it's a good way for everyone to have a say. The only thing is, I wouldn't put it in poll form. This girl on a site I was on was cheating and having her friends make accounts/ log on simply to vote. You should have to vote through PM or something and have a certain amount of posts in order to be eligible. (Not too many... maybe 15?)

I do think people (namely staff) need to be more open-minded as well, and not vote something down just because it's never been done before or it would affect their position in general. I'm not saying that this has happened that many times, but it seems like mods and admins have occasionally just not taken action with something because "CHB is working fine as it is." Well, it isn't anymore, and maybe certain changes may have helped had they been made in the past.

And, last but not least... I think we need some more chatbox rules.
It seems as if everyone can say what they want and get yelled at, but they're never really reprimanded for rash behavior in the chatbox. On my other site, if one is yelled at 2-3 times and is not listening, they'll be kicked. Then, if they keep going at it, they'll have a temporary chatbox ban. This usually helps people learn that they can't yell in the chatbox.. because no one wants to hear it. If someone really has a problem with something, they should pm a staff member, not take out their anger on innocent people in the chatbox. Also, if a staff member/admin is misbehaving, members should feel free to pm another admin/member of staff to report it.

Alright, that's the end of my suggestions. THANKS FOR LISTENING! xD :D
xD Sorry if I sound really odd, I've had loads of experience on other sites, even though I just recently became more active on this site a month ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Site Into Shape   Getting The Site Into Shape I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting The Site Into Shape
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: News and Updates-
Jump to: