Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

My english Project is Suffering!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Banana
Banana

My english Project is Suffering! Empty
PostSubject: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 am

So, yeah, kinda.. I need help with this:

Why is it so dark? Even as the bright sudden flashes of light filled the dark and partially empty room, I still couldn’t see them. Them, who took away the liberty I once had, back in the early days, before I was involved into this mess. Bright flashes of light, which blinked in synchronized patterns in the other side of the window, filled my vision with dancing white spots that made me nauseated. It felt so familiar, as they crossed the short space with their vibrant colors, that one would expect that they were back into their room, as lightning struck the dark sky above and in a split-second, light illuminated the place.

But no. I knew better than fill my head with childish thoughts of being back in the old days. No. I knew, I saw, for my very eyes, how they burn down my home. How the rotten men poured gasoline into the demonic flame that engulfed my only sanctuary. And how, oh how I wished I could wipe out the smirks on their faces, as screams of terror erupted from the place. Dad. My dad. He never knew what awaited him as he went about his business at our house that night.

But that was in the past. I would move on, I needed to move on. But revenge was inevitable. I, who once danced in the innocence of rain, had my blood craving for justice.

But even then, I had to get out of the challenge. As they took away the last strand of hope I had left, and caged me in this cellar of glass, like a mindless guinea pig up for experimentation, I felt so useless. And for the first time, I was a lost of words for my predicament. They left me there, with a nightgown of some sort that left me with some dignity, and wires, oh too many wires, connected up my body. Cords limited my line of vision, and pieces of rope held my limbs apart.

“Proceed into confining the experiment.” A nonchalant voice could be overheard, even for me from inside the cell, from the speakers above. Though unknowingly, the casual manner of calling me an experiment infuriated my anger even more. Was I only limited to that now? Only an experiment? I could tell, this was what they wanted me to do. To break down, do them in, show them what they expected from me and laugh out loud, as if I were an entertaining variable. Yeah right! As if I’d do that!

I clenched my fists in frustration, as they intentionally brought out the inner beast I wanted to keep. As if not expecting it, the scientist that worked in my line of range scowled and scribbled information in his clip board. ‘Take that!’ , my mind screamed and my face remained blank.

But alas, my simple minded source of joy had other plans. He whispered, to a colleague of his, somewhere to his right, and I saw enough movement to know that he nodded. This was pretty bad, and I, usually being not able to distinguish predicaments like this, know.

White fog began to pour in, from the air vents located beyond my feet, and from the building terror in my throat, that this was not a good sign. The mist, as my mind registered, began to crawl up my skin, looking for entrance, and the cold temperature of the gas tickled my legs. The sickening thing was almost life like, as it danced in its own pace the dance of my end. I should’ve let it on its route, and paid more attention to escaping, but I knew it had to be important. Important enough for all the scientists, all six of them, to watch patiently for my reaction to the substance as it entered my system.

But that was enough for me. All the anger, the frustration, the pain and the scream for vengeance fuelled the upcoming surge of power.

With all my might and the building adrenaline rush in my veins, I opened my palms to make do of what I got. And right before my eyes and even the unholy eyes of the ones that created my as a weapon, fire danced upon my palm, and yet scourged me not. The burning of it was intense, and it ate away the smoky fog that loomed right over nose. But even in the fast paced action of the flame, I caught a whiff of the substance and regretted it most. It diluted my senses, made my knees shake a bit and I almost fell down, but didn’t.

Adrenaline was purely running me now, as my mind got groggy, but it was enough for me to think and act. As smog from the fire began to engulf the small space, as if it weren’t claustrophobic enough, the vision I had from them was gone, and hopefully their spying on me was too. And that gave me the hope, of ever tasting the sense of freedom in the air I breathe.

As I was hidden, with a caught breath of oxygen in my lungs lasting a bit long, I opened my palms once more and died the fire out, replaced by thick metallic and sharp projectiles. Too busy to comprehend what these were, since all of the things I see weren’t normal or new, I twisted my wrist and the tool snapped both of my hands free. After braking the ropes that bounded my feet too, I snapped it back into my hands and charged the walls of my confinement. It groaned in the force I used, and once more I slammed my shoulder into it again, making a thin crack on the glass.

My lungs, they burned for the oxygen it was longing for, and my shoulder, my left shoulder, was in pain. But still, I didn’t loose hope. I’ve got to do it, before it’s too late.

But on the other hand, the monsters which they actually call were ‘people’ caught a glimpse of my intentions. The vents that passed the smog quickly went the other way, and rather absorbed the smoke that veiled the window. But that was all that I needed. As the carbon induced gas poured out, oxygen was replaced, maybe in vague hope that their specimen was to be kept alive till further dissection, and my lungs suddenly filled with enough that made me strong. Strong enough to break the chains that bonded me here, to the hell-forsaken place and run out.

As I heard the glass break, another sickening snap happened and then followed by pain. Pain that blinded my sense of direction and made me stumble into six fully grown men in lab gowns. I could’ve been caught, yes, but they were too stunned, outwitted by a mere 18 year old.

I knew they weren’t frozen for so long, and, as a runner in the school athletic team, I had to race against time, before the alarms would ring out. With long, ashen legs and bare feet pounding on the cemented ground, I willed myself to keep on going, winding around the white halls of the laboratory. My ears heard the faint ringing of alarms, but it was too diluted, too dulled for me to register how close I am to them.

I had my own biological time clock, where I knew when I’m close to fainting. And this was one of the moments where you’d feel like giving up, knowing all hope is lost, and you yourself had lost. I felt myself slowly weakening. My mind was cooing the body to rest a while, to make do of the place to restart. And by then, I knew I was dead. I was dead, the moment I fell on my knees. The moment I closed my eyes. And the moment my head hit the pavement, hard.

“Chase!” and the moment his familiar voice reached my ears, loud and clear.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Awwww! Your story is so sad! But I liked it!
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks...*awkward laugh* it's been meaning to be a short story...but I tend to get carried away.... I actually need this to be revised(I think).
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 am

Revision you say? Let's see what we can do.

Paragraph 1
'Them, who took away the liberty I once had, back in the early days' consider replacing with 'They, who had took/taken away the liberty I once had, back in the early days'
Consider replacing 'blinked' with 'flashed' as it sounds slightly more natural. However they have two completely different meanings, so 'blinked' can work as well.
Consider replacing 'nauseated' with 'nauseous' in the phrase 'that made me nauseated' or replacing 'nauseated' entirely.

(Now I've gotten tired of typing like that, so I'm just going to put up my recommended redoing of the final line.)
Original
It felt so familiar, as they crossed the short space with their vibrant colors, that one would expect that they were back into their room, as lightning struck the dark sky above and in a split-second, light illuminated the place.

Mine
It felt so familiar, as they flashed/blinked across the short space with their vibrant colors(colours?), that one would expect that they were back in their room, as lightning struck the dark sky above and, in a split second,illuminated the place/room?.

(Hmm, that last line could actually be expanded a bit more methinks)

But, you know, I'm only good for this type of proofreading. You're a much better writer than I could ever hope to be. Much much better. And of course, this is your work, you can do whatever you like with it, don't use my edits if you don't want to.

Also, if you'd like, I'll do a full check of the story tomorrow, just ask.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 am

Oh thanks Thrall! I'll make the revision now. *goes to the MS word document*. And gee, shucks. Thanks. :] I've been meaning to start a book...but I'm just plain too busy. >.< And maybe for the fact that I'm lazy but *shrugs* who knows? I might want to keep the revisions though. But you I don't want to trouble anyone. This is just 3 (out of 6? 7? IDK. TT-TT) pages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My english Project is Suffering!   My english Project is Suffering! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My english Project is Suffering!
Page 1 of 1