Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Bullies ( how to over come)

Go down 
+5
Zan
maddie ☹
Kendall
tethys
hunter11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hunter11

hunter11

Bullies ( how to over come) Empty
PostSubject: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 am

I know bullying is a [b]HUGE[/b] problem. I've been bullied before and I did a few things I regret. So here are some tips for dealing with bullies.

1. DO NOT hurt yourself. It doesn't help you. It may feel like it takes away the pain but in truth it doesn't.

2. Talk to some one. It helps to see a counsler.

#. It's ok to cry.

Any one else have advice? Put here! :)
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:34 am

If your being bullied, tell someone close to you, or a counselor. You may think this won't help, but when I had a problem, my mom told the school's counselor, and she talked to the kid that was bugging me, and now he stopped. :]

I don't think this'll work for everyone. If the person is doing anything physical, (Doesn't have to be in a painful way. Like hiding your stuff, taking your papers) just don't do anything. Deal with it later. Tell your parents or someone close, and they can help sort it out. That's what I did, but it probably won't work for everyone.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Remeber stand strong!! They won't mess with you if you 'shine' with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:10 pm

If somebody's bullying me (I've been bullied before), I'll just tell their mom 8D
EXAMPLE OF SOMEBODY BULLING ME (RL)

Me: Tom, can I borrow that bucket?
Tom: NO. Why don't you just DIE in that bucket of yours?
Me: ...
Tom: Yeah, you better be quiet. You're as ugly as your face!
Me: *Runs off crying*
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 pm

If they insult you, this is what'd I say;

"I don't need to prove to you I'm better than that. You're approval means nothing to me. All though I know you're trying to break me with words, it's not working, because I'm stronger than that."

And then go run off and get some pancakes.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Mmm... pancakes. But our school won't let us run off and get pancakes D:
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Schools don't let kids bully, either [;
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Good point.
Back to top Go down
hunter11

hunter11

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 pm

That's the rules but it gets broken so many times( trust me I've been bullied to the point of transfering to a differant school)
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm

The bullying program at my school is a joke. It starts more fights than it helps contain. xD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm

That's too bad, then. ]:
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Not really. I like to watch the fights.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Fights = Not good.
Back to top Go down
Sona

Sona

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Cutting helps me...
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

CUTTING IS NOT GOOD; CUTTING YOURSELF IS NEVER THE ANSWER.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Speaking about this, I tried standing up for a 3rd grader my friend was bullying and I told her that she should just back off and leave him alone, and she never talked to me again. She just smirked and didn't look at me.

Sometimes standing up is the right thing to do, but not if your friend is the bully. She constantly picks on that kid.
"Hey, girl, can you pass me that bottle cap over there?" The boy said.
"No, why would I? I wouldn't want to get swine flu!" The girl said.
"What?"
"Oh, you don't remember? Your face started it all!"
"Back off, he never did anything to you!" I scolded.
"Yeah he did!"
"What did he do?"
"He LIVED!"
And she never talked to me again.

So I did the right thing, I stood up to a guy, but I lost a friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:47 pm

That's pretty smart, Jerry (remember Val's name for you?). You should be proud of yourself.

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with any cases of bullying in the past year and a half. I suppose the only time was during my summer gym class (that I feel strongly about). When I playfully teased my classmate about God knows what, he must've taken offense. He practically took it too far and said, "at least I don't look pregnant." It's not my fault that I have a little bulge-y muffin top above my waist. I am overweight, but, dammit, at least I'm taking care of it. My solution was don't let it bother you (not necessarily bottling it up).

I have no advice for bullying, except for telling a trusting and respectful authority figure. Yeah, sure, it's the cliche thing to say, but I still haven't found the "right" soultion myself.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Like what Fluff said, just ignore them.

These days, everyone feels like to be normal, you have to be supermodel gorgeous. TV is full of beautiful and handsome people who do nothing all day but lay around looking pretty. The shows we watch have created a picture of average in our heads, and the truth is, real life average is fat and ugly. Bullies are normally average, real life average, feeling bad about themselves.

Hunter, first of all, you're beautiful. Second of all, ignoring bullies is the best way to overcome their awfulness.

Remember: They're just trying to make themselves feel better.
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 am

Ignore the bullies and they will be bored of you. Tried that..... I think...
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 pm

remember, bullies can be anyone, even your best friend
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:51 pm

If someone's bullying you, don't ignore it. They're going to feel they're in control; like you can't do anything. They're not going to stop if they know you're just going to be helpless. Don't fight back (verbally or physically), but the best thing to do is get help. And if they keep doing it, it can really start to hurt you. I know this from experience. And what bean said, bullies can be anyone. Don't be afraid to say something because they're your friend, and you don't want them to get in trouble. Hm. That's all I have to say, now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullies ( how to over come)   Bullies ( how to over come) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bullies ( how to over come)
Page 1 of 1