Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Character Template Explanations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Character Template Explanations Empty
PostSubject: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

I've noticed lately... that there are certain expectations that people creating characters are expected to meet, that not a lot of people (particularly newer members) aren't really aware of and I think a lot of this has to do with the way the template is being presented.

A lot of new members look at the template, and it just looks like a fill in the blank type of form. It doesn't really have any explanations of what the admin are looking for, and when they post their actual character, end up getting rejected.

So I think, for the sake of both our new members and our current admin, it might be a good idea to actually put the expectations of the character template on the character template.

For example...
Quote :
Half-Bloods
Name: First name and last name.
Age/Birthday:
God Parent: Only active posters may have a big three god parent. For more information, scroll down.
Mortal Parent:
Years in Camp:
Brief History: Must be 4 sentences long, at least.
Physical Appearance: Sentence format please.
Personality: Sentence format please. Don't forget to add your character's fatal flaw.
Pets:
Talents:
Weapons:
Other:

Or something along those lines...
Anyway, sorry this is a bit wordy, but hopefully it's useful advice.
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Inan when your posts are wordy it's a good thing
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Inan, I've noticed that as well. (: I will get right on fixing that up.
Back to top Go down
Boo Bunny
Bieber Bunny
Boo Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Dangit, Inan, you need to be Admin again.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Hahaha, maybe I will be again since we're having that voting period XD
Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Boo Bunny
Bieber Bunny
Boo Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 pm

PLEASE. TAKE OVER MY POSITION. I BEG OF YOU. :(
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 pm

I wouldn't mind, but you should definitely see what Roxanne and Dan have to say about it first. After all, there's a lot going on right now with the staff elections, and a lot of problems have been cause by a lack of communications...

If you don't mind my asking, why do you not want to be admin anymore though? (This might be a better conversation for PMs, if you feel inclined.)
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Of course I would enjoy you back on the Admin Team, Inan! (: However that's not my decision to make, we'll have to see what everyone else thinks as well as incorporating what the other admins think. (A lot of thinking going on.)

And as a sidenote that ties into this topic, I've updated the character templates to fit those necessities.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Dan, you should fill out the rest of the stuff, then add a code for the template at the bottom[:

And for some reason, someone voted down me making the char template. Odd xD
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm

I wouldn't have it any other way Dan! Thanks for updating the template.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Template Explanations   Character Template Explanations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Template Explanations
Page 1 of 1