Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sparring Wounded (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Sparring Wounded (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Sam had spent a few hours lying on his cot in the infirmary. Several times he was tempted to sleep, and once he even nodded off. Luckily none of the nightmares came during his nap. After he woke, Sam decided he was not going to let a simple arm injury keep him on a cot, so he got up and made his way to the arena when no medics were looking. Now he stood in front of an array of dummies with a bandaged left arm.
This is actually a good idea, Sam thought. I've had to fight while wounded before, but if I can master it, I'll be that much deadlier when I'm in good health.
Sam grabbed his crowbar and willed it to become a four foot bronze sword. He held it in his signature reversed grip as a few of the moving dummies converged on him with their own blades ready.
Making sure to guard his left side, Sam slashed and hacked with speed, precision and power. His bad left arm gave him some difficulty and few close calls, but the fact that his unique sword style was one-handed most of the time coupled with his pain tolerance and physical ability resulted in Sam taking out all the dummies without being cut himself.

FYI: If anyone's not sure what Sam's reverse sword grip looks like, think this:
Sparring Wounded (Open) 273px-SecretApprentice_tfu
But with a sword, not a lightsaber.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm

"Heh." Zan said walking into the arena arguing internally with herself. Apparently she was supposed to meet someone here. Of course she was too lazy to do it so she tried to get someone else to do it for her. Of course that other friend dragged her lazy butt to the arena and told her to stay.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Sam flipped a switch, reassembling the dummies. He was too focused on combat to notice Zan's presence, or remember that he asked the Zeus cabin leader to meet him. Instead, he just began round 2, again using his reversed grip to cut down the dummies a second time. Like last time, Sam was well aware of protecting his left side.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:06 pm

"Havin' fun?" Zan called to the guy while picking up a spear and hurling it at the wall out of boredom. It impaled itself in a crack making her look better than she really was. Spearing wasn't her thing. Sword-fighting was. Although with the arrow wound in her left shoulder she wasn't going to risk hurting it further. Zan may have been a fighter but even she knew when to quit.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Sam did not reply to Zan until he had decapitated the final dummy. Then he shook his left arm and winced.
It had better heal fast, he thought. Despite the good job Sam had done guarding his left and not exerting it too much, it was still giving him trouble.
He turned to look at Zan. "Nice throw. Are you Roxanne Michaels? Zeus cabin leader?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:16 pm

"No, I'm an unicorn from planet Xoros." She said rather stiffly. Her tone of voice was bored and slightly anxious. "You shouldn't be sparring with the arm. If it's wounded. It heals better and faster with plenty of rest and nutrients and water." She explained rather maternally.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Rest. Pfft, Sam thought stubbornly before he actually considered Zan's advice. He wanted his arm to recover as soon as possible, so perhaps he shouldn't be straining it, even if he was bored and felt useless.
"Yeah, okay. Name's Sam Anders, from Morpheus. Hephaestus cabin helped me build an assault course in the woods. I think we should have more of 'em and start using 'em in the standard training regimen."
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 am

"And I can tell you are arrogant and rather hard headed. Before you do any assaulting, you need to rest that arm." She said again. Although, an assault course foreshadowed something bad that had yet be envoked amongst the campers.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 am

"Hey, I didn't mean I was gonna run the course today," Sam said as his sword reverted back to a crowbar. "It sucks, but I guess we all get hit with an axe sometime. It's just an idea I want to spread among the cabin leaders, so those in good health can get an extra type of combat practice in. If you don't mind, can I just show you the course?"

OOC: Have her agree, and then look to The Assault Course topic in The Forest.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 am

after Gen got out of the infirmary, she was slightly limping. She couldn't believe she fainted the whole battle. The WHOLE battle just because of a stupid injury. She went straight to the arena, hoping for some after war practice but some people were also there. She was going to ignor them when she accidentally caught some of the conversation.
"extra type of combat practice?" she asked aloud.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 am

Sam turned to look at Gen. "I was telling Roxanne here, the Zeus cabin leader, about an assault course I built in the woods with the help of the Hephaestus guys. As you can see, my arm got hit so I can't really run it for the next little while, but I think the camp should build more when they get the time. Like I said, another form of combat training."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:48 am

"So you need help?" Gen asked cocking her head. She didn't know they were building something in the woods. But she knew ger blood boiled in vengance frm the last battle.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:28 pm

"That'd be nice," Sam said. "But first I need to spread the word among the cabins. If the idea gets popular, then people would be willing to build a few more courses, right? Come on-how about I show you and Roxanne both the one Hephaestus and I built?"
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 am

Gen nodded her head. She placed her sword back to her side. She was confused on the subject of extra practice but she wanted to be an active participant in the war.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:17 pm

OOC: Sam, Zan and Gen have headed to the assault course
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Just in case you didn't notice, the words "the assault course" in my previous post is a link to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sparring Wounded (Open)   Sparring Wounded (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sparring Wounded (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: