Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter Empty
PostSubject: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:54 am

I stepped into the Big House with Cody trailing me. I lightly kicked off my boots at the door and turned to Cody to put a finger to my mouth as I heard the soft whir of laptop. A soft glow came from Chiron's office and hushed worried tones. I pressed my ear to the door, I couldn't make much out but a few sentences about some new half-blood and bunch of monsters trailing her. Or him. The name I caught was the name Ridley. Maybe it was a last name. Or a first name. Who knew? I was more curious about this half-blood.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm

I nodded slightly to Emily. Quiet. I can do that... I hope. I heard slight whispers of anxious voices coming from Chiron's office, and strange glow emitting from the cracks in the door. I tried as hard as possible to close the door softly, like they do in those movies. So naturally, it closed with a crash.

"Crap." I muttered, grabbing Emily's handing and ducking behind an exceedingly thick lamp which actually concealed us pretty well. "What did you hear in Chiron's office?" I whispered. I noticed that the strange glow had dimmed down, and the anxious voices had been cut off. "Sorry about that... I blame it on the door." I told her softly, grinning in the dark, even though I could barely see a thing.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Hearing hoofsteps I ducked down behind a box as Chiron clopped in. "What's going?" He asked. Oops. I left Cody to deal with that. I smiled. He was gonna hate me for this. Not my fault. He crashed the door.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:03 pm

After staring at Emily incredulously for a brief moment, I rolled my eyes and got up. Thanks Em. Realling feeling the love. Chiron had turned the lights on, and every single light source burnt my eyes. I stammered a bit before finally coming to my senses. "Hi Chiron, well um I was going to get Emily here some blankets 'cause she was freezing... but she seemed to have other intentions." I said as I turned and looked at Emily, regarding her with my dark brown eyes, my eyebrows raised. Your turn. I mouthed to her, a grin on my face.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 pm

"No, my dear centaur. All my intentions were set upon geting blankets to survive this long harsh cold winter of ours." I cocked my head placed a hand over my heart to seem innocent. Cody has got to love the crap out of me for this. I hated manipulating. But as my mom had once told me, 'Manipulation is the key to getting what you want.'

Chiron sighed and said, "Emily, that won't work on me." I frowned. As Chiron went on, "We need a couple half-bloods to go and retrieve the half-blood we're talking about. She's stuck in the Bronx." I nodded my head with a grin. I gew up in the Bronx. Excellent. I could definitley do the Bronx. "What's her name?" I asked. "Ridley." He answered. Ok...that was odd. I liked her already.

Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 pm

I glared at Emily for a bit, and then my expression softened. I came up behind her. "You certainly know how to manipulate people." I whispered in her ear softly. "It's like Chiron and I are the only ones who can see through you." I chuckled softly. I stood off to the side as I listened to Chiron. The Bronx. My eyes flickered to Emily, and a silent thought ran through us. "Piece of cake."

Ridley... well alright then. We could handle it. "Mind if we bring a few friends?" I inquired. "Only two others." I said. I reached into my jacket pocket and brought out the keys to my car. "I'll drive." I offered.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 pm

"Well...I'm granting permission. So I see no need to go to the Oracle. Frankly with the war going on nobody uses it anymore." Chiron swished his horse tail. Literally. "But wait, then we'd have to postpone our date." I glared at my feet while I said this. Stupid halfblood.
~I'm making Ridley. She'll be my new character. xD
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:44 pm

I wrapped my arms around Emily in an embrace. "It's alright, maybe another time I could like cook you something and have a dinner date." I said softly, a small smile tugging at the corner of my mouth. Looking back at Chiron, I shrugged. "When should we go? I have to wake up Tyler and Kat if that's the case. Or... Emily will wake up Kat and I'll wake up Tyler." I said. "Yeah, that sounds good."

~Okay. XD You go do that. I'll magically make Tyler awake 'cause he was sleep walking and wanted to rearrange his sock drawer. And Kat is like what the heck? And stalks him. XD
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:53 pm

I grumbled into Cody's chest. Lovely. My date...I'd actually planned on wearing a nice dress. The green one that contrasted with my eyes and hair. Note to Self: Start drinking milk, to be able to get out of Cody's embraces.
I pulled away and jogged off to the Dionysus cabin.

Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:11 pm

I sighed heavily. "Be right back Chiron, I need to go get Tyler up." I opened the door and jogged to the Hephaestus cabin, the door closing quietly behind me. Great. NOW it's quiet. I rolled my eyes as my feet crunched against the thick blanket of snow.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:23 pm

I pulled Kat out of bed roughly by the scruff. Kat hit the floor with a thud and only grunted. "Come on Kat, we're leaving." She rolled around. I rolled my eyes and got down and sat on her stomach. She groaned and said, "Fine..." I turned while she shrugged on her clothes. A skimpy t-shirt and skinny jeans. Randomized with an antler headband. Kat and I walked into the Big House. "You're gonna freeze you butt off," I told her. She shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:43 pm

I shook Tyler awake. "Hey, WAKE UP." I hissed in his ear.

"Blrzz. WHAT?" Tyler bolted upright, nearly smacking his head the same way I did on an above shelf. "Ugh Cody... do you have any idea what time it is? Or is your internal clock set on, like, Tokyo time?" Tyler said, getting out of bed. He still wore his daytime clothes, not bothering to change because he had been so tired.

"We have to go to the Bronx. Kid in need of help. Like, right now." I said. "Gah, fine." Tyler responded, mumbling, still exhausted, as he stumbled in my wake as I walked back to the Big House, both of us spotting Emily and Kat immediately.

"I got him. So... should we get going?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, a grin spreading across my face.

~ When we finally get going on the Quest, Tyler will have an actual first person thingy like I did before... but to save time I didn't do it this post. XD
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Kat rubbed her face. She hadn't bothered with make-up. Nor, had she bothered with toothpaste and a brush and water. Screw the little things. Not to mention her hair looked like she was just run over by a truck.
Kat also didn't speak. She wasn't a morning person. She'd been sleeping all day. She usually tried to sleep the holidays away. Not a spirity person.

I rolled my eyes at Kat's hideous features. "Gods, Kat. You trying to scare the young 'uns here?" She punched my shoulder lightly before putting her head down on it. I looked up at Tyler. Gods, I was short.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:09 pm

"Oh hey Em. Fancy meeting you here." I said, finally awake enough to realize my surroundings. I was adaptable to being waken up early... I just hated it. "Anyway, I shot driving." I said, reaching into the pitch black sweatshirt (the same one Cody had on -- we got it on sale last year at a Hermes garage sale) I had grabbed on my way out the door and bringing out the keys to my Benz. I still had my grimy jeans on from earlier, but I didn't care. "Shall we get this show on the road then?" I suggested, tossing the keys in the air and back to my hand.

Cody bounced up and down on his heels. It was freezing, even in the Big House. "C'mon, we better get moving. Into a nice warm car. Please. Now." I practically begged, a grin on my face. I folded my arms against my chest, the pitch black sweatshirt sleeves rolling over my hands. Of course, Tyler had gotten me the wrong size last year. I was fine with it; more warmth. I realized Tyler and I were wearing the same thing, except for the fact that his jeans were covered in soot and that his hair was dark brown, and mine was dirty blonde. I chuckled at the thought. Walking to the door, I held it open long enough for everyone to get through. "Lets go. I'm freezing to death here."

~ IDEA! Lets have Tyler and the girl we're supposed to save/help like each other. XD
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Kat shook her head and pulled out the keys to a stolen Mustang. She smiled. A picture was worth a thousand words. Kat's face was worth a million and fourteen.

I rolled my eyes at Kat and Tyler. "I'm going with Kat. Even though a Benz is got more horsepower, a Mustang doesn't look as conspicuous when a couple teens are driving." Kat just nodded and agreed with me.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Cody and I rolled our eyes simultaneously. "Yeah, alright Em. As for Kat... let me grab my camera." I said jokingly. "Conspicuous spicuous, like anyone's gonna care that we're in a Benz." I said straight faced. I looked over at Cody who's skin was turning white and his teeth were chatting like there was no tomorrow. "Yeah, uh, lets hurry before Cody dies of hypothermia." I said as I jogged over to my car which was parked by Thalia's Pine, with Cody trailing behind. "And Cody's coming with me." I called over my shoulder, unlocking my car.

I could barely move I was so cold. On top of that, I couldn't hear anything over the roar of the wind... and my teeth. "Styx, I. NEED. TO. GET. INTO. A. CAR." I managed to get through my teeth. As soon as Tyler got over the threshold of the door, I raced after him and... slammed into the car, falling down. "Crap," I muttered. "Stupid cold." I quickly opened the passenger door and slammed it shut.

~ Lets begin at the Off Campus section now.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Kat and I looked at each other and sat down on the ground despite the cold. Kat said nothing. I said nothing. We both wanted to the Mustang. She was Irish. I was Scottish. We were both redheads. (?) Redheads we born to raise hell. That's exactly what we were doing.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Rolling my eyes, smiling, I called from the passenger's seat with the window rolled down. "Are you both blind? Your Mustang's right over there off to the side!" Pointing towards the shining Mustang across from Thalia's tree, chuckling softly. I was glad it was warmer in the car, I rubbed my freezing cold hands together.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:07 am

Kat and I sat still on the ground. They were riding with us.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am

I rolled my eyes, opening the door of the Benz along with Tyler coming out on the other side. "I think I just realized... you girls are pretty darn stubborn when you put your mind to it." I said, chuckling. I walked towards them, snow swirling around me.

I gave Emily a hand up while Tyler gave Kat one. I glanced sideways at Tyler, a silent message passing between us: Go with them or leave them here? I sighed, my breath curling into a white mist in front of me. "Alright, lets go in Mustang." I said reluctantly, with Tyler dejectedly putting his keys away.

"C'mon," I inclined my head towards the Mustang. "Let's get this show on the road then." I said, beginning to walk towards the car, making the branches of bare trees bend into such strange contortions that it seemed to defy the Laws of Physics. And heck, I hated those anyway so it seemed reasonable. And now they wouldn't fall down from the heavy snow. Content, I waited for the others to trek towards the Mustang, yawning. I hadn't slept in hours.

~At one point or another we have to migrate to Off Campus; we're not in the Big House anymore. XD
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 pm

~I'll to it when I get to it.
Kat and Emily trailed behind the boys and to the car. Kat watched Cody yawning and begun to imitate the action herself. She really did'nt like being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night for what seemed like a wild goose chase.
Immediately she started the car and the first thing that was heard was the familar screaming of Brokencyde. Nice band. Cute guys. She smiled and turned the volume up to 21 as the pounding of her headache started to recede.

Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 pm

I rolled my eyes at the sound of Brokencycle and tried to tune out the loud music. "My Gods Kat, must that be on so ridiculously loud?" I yelled over the roar of the engine and the music mixed together. I could barely hear myself think. I looked pointedly at Emily from the back seat, craning my neck so that I could so her and have her notice my frantic look. A little help here? She's blasting my eardrums. I said, although my voice couldn't be heard so it seemed as if I was mouthing the words.

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes, and searched in my pocket for some sort of a mechanic that would keep my eyes open. Failing, I could sense my self dozing off again. "Ugh," I muttered, checking the rearview mirror to see if I looked as exhausted as I felt. Waking up in the middle of the night after a long day did not suit me, no more than it suited any other sane person on this campus. Well, except for like, Carson. But he would still be exhausted no matter what. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"So who's this girl we're going to save from disaster again?" I said, yawning.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:08 pm

"Ridley." Kat said. The first word all morning. I rolled my eyes. Be a little nicer, I though. I wasn't really one to talk though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter   Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Blankets to Survive the Harsh Half-Blood Winter
Page 1 of 1