Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

"Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishhead

Fishhead

Location : Anywhere or anytime thanks to this magical blue box.

"Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup Empty
PostSubject: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:20 am

I'm new here so I figured, what better way to jump right into the community than to gift you guys a story I'm working on. I really hope you guys like it and stuff haha. Sorry about the formatting, it got messed up on the transition from word.

Chapter One: Moving Day

Fifteen year old Christopher Knight was staring out the window of the moving van. He was thinking of all the friends he made and lost because he always had to switch school for one reason or another.

“Things will be different,” his mother said to him as they pulled up to their new house in a moving van. “You’ll make new friends in no time.” Chris wasn’t so sure.

“How do you know? Things are always the same every time we move. I’ll be known as the freak with ADHD and dyslexia in no time. Then eventually the teachers will get tired of me and we’ll have to move again.”

“That won’t happen this time, trust me. They have classes for special people like you.”

“Special?” Chris asked. “Special how? Special as in crazy or special as in stupid?” Chris got out of the moving truck and slammed the door.

“Honey! Come back!” his mom said as she got out of the truck. “Why can’t you ever make moving easy?”

With that Chris spun around and glared at his mother, his patience fading fast, “I'm sorry mom but moving will never be easy for me. No matter how many times we move I will never like it and it will never be easy so please stop asking.”

His mother looked and him and sighed. "I know it's not easy for you to move all the time but we just don't have a choice anymore. One day we'll find a place where we can settle down."

"I hope so mom. I really do," he said as he gave his mom a hug. They stood there for a few seconds before they walked into their new house.

The movers had unpacked everything except a few boxes marked fragile. They contained various items from glassware to trophies Chris had won from the numerous swimming teams he had been on. The most important was not that he had one, it was a medallion that his father had given to his mother during their courtship. It had the words "Olympus Swim Team: It's Like Walking On Water" etched on both sides. It was his most prized possession.

Chris couldn't remember much about his father because he left when Chris was a baby to join the Navy; the only thing he could recall was his dad's smile. Whenever he thought of it he would picture sandy beaches and the sound of waves crashing along the shore.

After unpacking his last box from his room he laid down on his bed rubbing the medallion with his hand and a strange thought passed over him. This place is starting to feel like home. He chuckled to himself and put the medallion in his pocket as he rolled out of bed. Since we'll be here for a while I better go look around.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Welcome to CHB and enjoy your stay! I really like your fanfic ;)
Back to top Go down
Fishhead

Fishhead

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Haha thanks. I know I'm not the best at writing but I am going to college to major in English and I figured why not attempt before I leave high school. Here's Chapter two haha.

Chapter Two: Late Night Snack

Not that the house was big, but there were enough rooms that Chris felt like he needed to investigate. The first place he went was the basement. As he slowly climbed down the stairs his breath was taken away as the pure size of the room came into view. It had to have been bigger than his house, and it was full of junk.

The real estate lady had said the previous owners had left some stuff down there but Chris never thought it would be that much. Most of the stuff looked older than his grandparents, or even their parents. I think I'm gonna like it here after all, he thought to himself as he stood at the edge of the sea of junk.

Just then something in the distance caught his eye. It looked like an armoire with a trident engraved on the top. Chris felt like the armoire was pulling him towards it but he could get no closer thanks to the sea of junk. That's my goal, he thought to himself as he started to clear a path to the trident shaped beacon.

Chris spent the next three days sorting and moving boxes and other various objects during any free time he got. By dinner time on Sunday he had a clear path. The following morning would be the start of him attending his new school, the Turner School for Troubled Youth, so he would have to wait until that evening.

Chris hated when adults called him a troubled youth. It wasn’t like he went looking for trouble; it just always seemed to find him. There was the incident where a gym teacher swore Chris had summoned water out of the pool and made it attack her. The principal didn't believe the teacher but she felt it would be best if Chris left the school. That's how Chris ended up at the Turner school.

After dinner Chris and his mother said their good-nights and went to their rooms. Chris lay in his bed for an hour just staring at the ceiling and holding his father's medallion. I really have to get some sleep, he thought to himself. He rolled onto his side and looked at the clock. It was only eight o'clock. Maybe I could go downstairs and just take a little peek.

Chris put the medallion in his pocket. He walked over to his desk and took the flashlight out of one of the drawers. Chris knew his mother would be sleeping so he would have to be very quite as he crept down the stairs.

When Chris reached the landing on the stairs he saw a light coming from the kitchen. Mom shouldn't be awake, she just went to sleep. He was about to turn around and take off upstairs when he heard a man's voice, "Why don't they ever have anything good to eat?" I don't think that's mom. Without a second thought he snuck over to the doorway leading into the kitchen and peered in.

The refrigerator door was open. All he could see were naked legs and what looked like sandals with wings glued on the back. Chris could hear the man rummaging through the shelves and muttering to himself. Maybe if I can hit him hard enough with the fridge door I can stun him long enough to take him down. He looked around for a broom or mop but couldn't reach either. He reached his hand around the corner for something to hit the guy with.

His hand touched something wooden. It was a rolling pin. A little seventies TV but it'll do. After a few deep breaths Chris ran around the corner and shoulder checked the door closed, but it didn't hit anything. Had the man moved before he closed the door? After a quick scan of the area Chris didn't see anyone. I know someone was here, he thought to himself. Seeing as how nobody was there Chris decided to get something to eat.

As he opened the refrigerator there was a tap on his shoulder. "Sorry mom, I thought I saw a man in here."

"I'm not your mother," said a high pitched male voice.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Quote :
There was the incident where a gym teacher swore Chris had summoned water out of the pool and made it attack her. The principal didn't believe the teacher but she felt it would be best if Chris left the school. That's how Chris ended up at the Turner school.

Unless the gym teacher was a mortal who can see through the mist, or a mythological creature, she wouldn't have seen Chris accidentally summoning water to attack her =]
Back to top Go down
Fishhead

Fishhead

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:12 pm

I know ;)
Back to top Go down
Fishhead

Fishhead

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:48 am

The first three chapters I had written a little over a year ago, so here's chapter three.

Chapter Three: Winged Shoes

“What did you hope to achieve by doing that?” asked the voice. Chris just stood there with the breath of the man on his neck. “Well? Are you gonna say anything?”

Words escaped Chris’ mind. What should I say? What should I do? “Who are you and why are you in my refrigerator? Better yet, why are you in my house?”

“If you want to know who I am then just turn around,” the man said as cool as possible. Chris did as the man said and turned to face him as slowly as possible. His jaw almost hit the floor when he saw who was behind him.

The man looked about twenty. He was tall and athletic. The white of his toga made his tan skin look almost like it was glowing. On his head sat what looked like a Viking helmet with wings instead of horns. Chris may not have known the man’s name but he looked very familiar.

“So, not that you’ve seen me can you guess my name?” asked the man.

Chris stared at him for a long time. Winged shoes, winged hat, toga, and glowing. The only thing that makes me think of is… “Hermes. The only name I can think of is Hermes; but you can’t be him, he’s just a myth.”

“If I was a myth then would I be standing here in your kitchen with a slice of cold pizza in my hand?” asked the man.

Chris just stood there with a blank look on his face. If this man was really Hermes then where was his staff? Where were his snakes? “I’m not saying that you really are Hermes, but if you were, could you prove it?”

“Didn’t I prove it enough by teleporting away from the fridge to avoid the door? Or maybe you don’t see that I’m glowing. Maybe you just don’t recognize me without my caduceus.” The man claiming to be Hermes snapped and in a cloud of smoke a staff appeared in his hand. Chris felt his eye widen to the point where he felt if they opened any wider his eyes would pop out. “This any better?”

“Wow… I guess you really are Hermes. But why are you here? What do you want in my fridge?” So many questions were swimming in Chris’ head he thought they would pound their way out.

“All in due time young lad; but first we must head down to the basement. I assume you’ve seen the armoire. That’s where we’re heading,” said Hermes as he took off towards the basement door.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Awesome! Your story's going really well so far =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup   "Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Demigod Chronicles: Awakening" An original PJ Fanfic, written by Blakeup
Page 1 of 1