Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] Empty
PostSubject: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Paisley sauntered close to the stables, looking at the many flying Pegasi in the sky above her. So amazing, though Paisley dearly wants one of her own, she used all of her Drachmas to Iris Message her friend... Who lives in the cabin next door. She barely got any free time, the schedule is so crowded now-a-days, it's impossible to just relax! "Mmm... Aren't you a pretty horsie?" Paisley giggled, spotting a brown horse with a black mane. He appeared to be speaking, but only Poseidon kids can speak to horses. "Oh, sorry. I'm an Apollo kid, I can't understand you." The girl spoke, grabbing a brush and gently combing the knots out of the horses hair.

Hmm. There were so many questions in Paisleys mind. What about languages? Of course, Paisley can speak Greek and English, but does Long Island have it's own language? "I could create one...?" Paisley thought out loud. No, no. It would take years to be able to create words for every single word in the dictionary!
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Koraline clacked into the stables, shining a smile at the horses. "Ah, darker in here." Koraline spoke aloud as usual. She took off her sunglasses to see another girl. Koraline blinked twice and tried adjusting to the darkened stables. Her smile widened as she explored the crowded stables "Mmm..." the hum came from the near end of the stables.

As the explorer usually did, Koraline traced the sound to the owner. There stood an average height girl with blue eyes. She looked normal, that is, since she must've been born from a God or Goddess. Koraline winced to try to get a closer look at the other girl.

Soon, Koraline was around three feet away from the fellow camper. She was talking to herself now, and Koraline brightened her smile. She seems nice. Once Koraline reached spitting distance of the girl, she spoke to her. "Hello!" her voice chimed as she lessened her grin. Koraline's black hair slithered down her back, and shook to Koraline's words.

The young girl smiled and walked in front of her fellow camper. Now that Koraline viewed her face, she noted some more facts on the girl. Blue eyes. Apollo kid! Koraline "Hmphd!" as she figured out that. "My name is Koraline Kates, and I'm a daughter of Erebus. I assume you're a daughter of Apollo!" Koraline raised her thin, left eyebrow in amusement.

When Koraline as through with talking, she let a hand out. Her pale hand projected out, and Koraline let her face relax. The 12-year-old waggled her fingers, letting the other girl know her hand was there. In the dark stable, Koraline's pale blue fingernails stood out. "Ooh, my nails are very pretty," her soft, melodious voice rang.

Last edited by Music on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:16 pm

A young girl approached Paisley, talking to her in a welcoming tone. As if they were meant to be friends, Paisley smiled and shook her hand, glancing at Koraline's fingernails. "Ooh, very pretty, indeed!" Paisley giggled, holding it and slowly feeling the glossy surface of the polish. It was a few minutes of silence, when Paisley noticed something she didn't do. Her face turned bright red and she smiled nervously. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't introduce myself! I'm Paisley Williams, daughter of Apollo!" The girl chimed, staring at the girls glossy black hair, comparing it to her own long blonde hair.

"I was checking out a horse, there's a black horse named Midnight over there if you want." Paisley told Koraline, pointing to a black horse right next to the one she was handling. After seeing that Koraline liked the dark, she figured that she would like riding in the dark, too.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Koraline giggled in agreement as the girl complemented her lovely nails. "Thank-you!" She grinned in amusement. "Nice meeting you, Paisley!" Koraline said after Paisley introduced herself. She noticed how Paisley's hair looked pure white against Koraline's own hair.

Koraline looked in the direction Paisley pointed to and saw a magnificent, pure black horse. Midnight perfectly fit the name. Wow... Was all Koraline thought. "I love horses." Koraline stated, having a blank expression to a blunt answer. As Koraline glided over a couple of feet to the horse, she began to talk once more. "And your horse is named?" asked the girl, with much more life this time.

Koraline talked as she groomed Midnight's flank. The horse was soft and cool. It reminded Koraline of herself; Black hair, soft, graceful, and, loving night. Her smile now stretched ear-to-ear and Koraline chuckled.

Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Paisley thought about the question for a moment, tapping the edge of the gate with her index finger. "Her name... Her name is Daisy." Paisley stated, now looking at her horse. She hadn't visited this girl in a long time. She boarded her for a while, then they brought her to CHB.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Koraline 's eyes followed Paisley's to the horse. "Oh," her voice questioned, "Unique." Koraline's soft voice made everything sound sort of questioning. Her head now turned towards her new found friend. "Your names kinda rhyme." A sweet giggle escaped Koraline's soft lips after she announced this.

Koraline stopped petting Midnight, and reached down to get some sugar cubes. As she fed three to the large horse, Koraline made some comments on her own pets. "You know, I have two pets myself," her voice sounded proud to have "so many" pets. "One's a Garter snake named Χαμαιλέοντας, while I also have a Chameleon named Φίδι." Koraline never found it strange that her snake was named Chameleon, and her Chameleon was named Snake.

The girl smiled less now, resting her face. She giggled a bit more after she spoke. Force of habit. Koraline looked at Paisley, and noticed that they were opposite in looks. Yet, they seemed very alike in personality. Hmm. Apollo is very different from Erebus. God of sunlight and God of darkness. She's a blonde girl, while my hair is jet black. Koraline shrugged it off.

"So, Paisley, you're very different from me in appearance, and our fathers are opposites," Koraline said, cocking her head sideways to make more mental notes about Paisley, "yet, you're strangely like me in personality." She smiled, and blinked some more to adjust to the lighting.

As the sun danced across the stables, making the light brighter, Koraline sighed. She put on her sunglasses, and blinked some more. The light wasn't Koraline's favorite thing. It hurt her eyes a tad, and made it harder for her to see.

Being a daughter of Erebus was cool, though. Koraline could easily shadow-travel, if that's cool.

As Koraline's eyes adjusted to the light, she thought more. While the light hurts my eyes, it might please Paisley's. Koraline wondered how may similarities and differences the two had. She could ask that later. As, the tween didn't want to seem to questiony.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 pm

That was strange that they sort of rhymed. She never thought of that. "Wow, it's like naming a cat Dog and a dog Cat. Really cool!" Paisley giggled a bit and sat on a small stool, pulling out another one for Koraline.

For some strange reason, whenever she thought about her name, she thought about Parsley. It was her favorite seasoning. She was also great at cooking. Is that some sort of strange coincidence?

"Total difference! Somehow we're alike. Personality, probably." Paisley told Koraline, popping a little sugar cube in her mouth as she watched Koraline put her sunglasses back on. "Oh, is the light bothering you? Here, lemme help." Paisley gently took hold of a sunbeam, and moved it out of Koralines eyes, leaving a nice, dark shadow where sun used to shine.

There were tons of questions in Paisleys mind, but too many to ask in one day. "I was wondering if you could see in the dark. Like complete darkness. I can't see in darkness, hardly at dusk!" Paisley laughed, petting Daisy's soft mane.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Koraline giggled as Paisley realized what Koraline had named the pets. The girl sat on the stool besides Paisley. That way, the conversation didn't have to be over yells.

"Very strange." Koraline noted, staring up at a spider web.

Koraline had loved spiders. She used to play with spiderwebs when she was a little toddler. He mother always called Koraline "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Once Koraline was 7, she started to hate her mother for that. Yet, she'd always play along with it.

The girl chuckled and looked back at Paisley. "I guess we're somewhat sisters." Koraline thought aloud. "If, we had different dads and appearance." She shrugged as Paisley began to talk again.

"Thank-you!" Koraline thanked Paisley as she moved a sunbeam from Koraline's face. The tween removed her glasses and blinked to adjust to the darkness. Koraline smiled, as she now could see more clearly. She grinned as the darkness surrounded her.

Koraline nodded, and then answered Paisley's question verbally. "I see better in the dark. It's quite cool, since, no creepy shadows scare you!" Koraline exclaimed, laughing with her soft voice. Once Paisley spoke again, Koraline simmered down.

"Well, I can't see as good as you can now!" Koraline giggled some more, and then decided to ask a few more questions to Paisley. "Well, how old are you?" Her face was expressionless, but her voice was still soft and questioning.

Koraline got a carrot and fed it to Midnight. Dessert later, horsey. She laughed quietly as the horse nibbled on the carrot. "I wish I could talk to horses." Koraline said to Paisley while she pet Midnight's head.
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Colby walked in and went straight over to his horse, Bullseye. Bullseye was white with a black spot around his left eye. He put him and gave him sugar cubes and apples. He then noticed the two other campers. "Oh hi. *Yawns* I'm Colby Carlin, son of Morpheus." He puts his hand out to shake.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 pm

OOC: Er, Alex? Could you sort of change your Icon? It's too big...
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:16 pm

(OOC: Just did)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]   Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Long Island have it's own language? [O.P.E.N.]
Page 1 of 1