Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Snow day? (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 pm

The sun was high and the forest was, as always, teaming with monsters, spirits, nymphs, and even a few campers. I could easly see a few campers through the trees as I walked in deeper, my two shields, Ice and Snow, already out and weighing my arms down just slightly. To most others, the shields would be freezing to the touch, but to me it felt like such a nice warmth. It wasn't like I came into the forest looking for a fight, its just that being unprepared in the forest was almost as foolish as coming into the forest covered in meat. And now I was hungry, thanks to my little thought. That will have to wait for later I thought, rubbing my stomach briefly before once more turning my attention to the path, my eyes darting to every little movement around me, ready to spring my shields in an instant.

With a deep breath, I hold it in for a moment before allowing the air to slowly escape my lungs, chilling the air considerably. "Well, this seems like a good place." I say softly, the cool air around me changing the moisture into snowflakes that began to pile around me. Within minutes there was about half a foot of snow around me in all directions, just a bit past the tree line 10 feet away. Bending down into the warmth of the snow, I picked up some handfuls and started to pile the snow in front of me. More and more snow began to pile up as I pulled in the snow from all around me. When the pule was about four feet high I slid my hands along it, patting it down and smoothing it out. A perfect pile of snow for my artistic needs.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:02 pm

I ran into the forest and saw four feet of snow, so I ran up to it and looked behind it, grasping my necklace incase it was needed.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:54 pm

Blinking, I look up at the camper, or at least I hoped she was a camper, who just appeared on the other side of my mound of snow. My arms lifted up some, the shields up and ready to defend an incoming blow, but I had a feeling that I might be safe, at least for the moment. Clapping my hands, the shields sunk back into my two rings and I placed my hands on the snow again. Staring at her, I slowly began to shape her likeness with my hands, shaping her face and basic body shape. The image of her currently standing and looking over at me was burned in my minds eye as I worked. "Umm, can I help you or something?" I asked, looking up at her. My hands and fingers continued working as I shaped her body and face with my head tilted a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:26 pm

"Yeah, you can tell me why your sculpting me in snow," I said carefully watching his moves. "I'm Autumn, daughter of Athena, and you are?" I asked.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:14 pm

With a chuckle, I spoke softly, "You where the first thing I saw, so I figured I'd sculpt you." With that I looked at my work, seeing if half done, her torso coming out of a two foot pile of snow. "I am Joseph." I say, not looking up for a moment as I start to work on the lower body. "My parent isn't that important, no one close to your Seated Olympian parent." I added, looking up at her to see her reaction before looking back down. "Her name is Chione... Goddess of Snow." I say after a moment, smiling at the rings on my hands briefly.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:22 pm

I blush sofly, hoping that he doesn't notice. "Snow.." I say slowly. "I like the snow, but I can't go out in it much. I get bronchitis." I added.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm

I look at her briefly before returning to my work, finishing some minor details. "Snow is indeed an epic thing." I say softly, leaning in closer to the snow, looking at her again and then looking at the sculpture once more. "Thats a sad thing though, getting bronchitis from the cold. I don't get sick from being cold though, so I don't know what you mean." I add, looking at her once more and then used my pinky fingers to add in a few, minisucle additions before moving back and getting to my feet, looking the statue over before motioning for Autumn to take a look at the statue. "There you go, do you like?" I ask, feeling a light flush on my face, always prideful with my work.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 pm

I looked at it. "I love it," I told him. "You're an amazing artist," I added.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Flushing bright red, my face obviously showing the colors, I nodded my head, accepting her words, turning away from her. "Thanks... I do try my best to work as hard as I can with the materials I have, and I work my best with snow." I say, looking back at her now, seeing the snow on the edges of the circle start to melt now. "It won't last much longer, the snow is melting." I whisper now, understanding that my work never lasts long. but happy a bit that at least this time my art could be appreciated before it melted this time. "I hope you can enjoy it to your fullest." I add, leaning against a near-by tree.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I saw his face flush bright red and said, "Your welcome." I saw the edge of the circle starting to melt, and nodded my head to his words. I looked at him and smiled. Don't you do it, I thought to myself.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 pm

I look at her and take a seat against the tree, pulling my legs to my chest and resting my arms on my knees. "My art never lasts long during the hotter months, the heat ruins them and destroys them, like they never exist." I say, my eyes glossing over to a white color, a chill slowly eminating from his body. "I can't blame the gods for their jobs, but I wish... Nevermind." I say quickly, turning my head and finding a small piece of grass so very interesting, not wanting to have to continue talking.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 pm

I took a seat next to him and asked, "You wish what?" I looked at him and added, "But, it's okay if you don't want to tell me."
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm

"Nothing." I say quickly, another drop in temperature surrounding me, my anger obvious, but I tried to at least hide it from Autumn. "Its nothing at all, just a thought that I can never have happen." I said, looking at the other camper again as more of the snow melted, and the statue he had made even started to drip a bit as it began to melt. "I just wouldn't mind if it actually snowed here at Camp Half blood more." I added, shrugging and laying my head back against the tree.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 pm

It was getting colder, and I shivered involuntarily. "As long as I don't get sick, I'm fine with it snowing here," I said trying to cover the shivers.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I noticed a small bit of movement in Autumn and I suddenly felt very bad, lowering my head a bit, the air starting to warm up around me as I looked at the slowly melting snow. "Sorry... I can't control my powers sometimes... I try to but if I get angry or stressed I chill things around me." I said, feeling a little stupid and mad at myself for letting my power go out of control. "I might eventually just move some place where it snows all the time... maybe make a camp of my own in Antartica." I added, smiling softly.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 pm

"It's fine," I said smiling when I looked at him. "We're here to learn how to control our powers, remember?" I added.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:36 pm

I let out a sigh and nodded my head softly, looking at her once again. "Yeah... train, get stronger, protect those close to you and keep yourself safe from Monsters. Thats the general idea about this place right?" I say with a soft smile. "It seems almost like the perfect place for those searching for adventure, yet if you aren't strong enough you'll lose friends." I mumble. With a shrug I get to my feet and stretch out, seeing my sculpture lose its arms. "Look at that, its a classic greek work of art." I chuckle softly.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I laugh and say, "It sure it. I like it better like that, for some reason." I smiled at him while I watched it melt way.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Looking at her, I smile and then move over to the sculpture, slowly making the air cooler again and picking it up gently before walking back over to her. "Here Autumn. I won't last much longer, but I figure you can choose its fate instead of letting nature go its course." I say, giving her a reasuring smile, wondering how she would end the statue's existance. "Personally, I'd be one to smash my own likeness, as just a bit of fun, but you can do what you would like to do." I added, holding it out in front of me.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I thought for a moment then decided. "I think I'll let it melt. I really don't want to distroy anthing at this particular moment," I said. I stood up and got light headed. "Wow," I said as I leaned up against the tree.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm

"Alright." I said, letting the temperature rise once more as the statue began to melt both from his body heat and the heat of the day. As it melted, I looked at it as droplets fell to the ground. Looking up, I look at her and speak softly, "Are you alright? You look a little ill or something of the sort." Putting the sculpture down, I walk over to her side and stand there, unsure if I should do anything to help.
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 pm

I continued to lean against the tree and held up a finger. "I'm not sure," I replied slowly. Then, I got a throbbing pain in my head. "Ouch," I whispered.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Looking at her, I was unsure how she was doing and when she held up her finger I tilted my head. "You aren't sure? That doesn't seem... well... good." I said, lifting my hands up nervously. I was unsure if I should help her or not when she suddenly spoke again. "Ouch? What is it? Whats wrong?" I ask, placing an arm on her back and holding the other in front of her, to catch her if she fell. "Do you need help?"
Back to top Go down
Mississippi Girl

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:23 pm

"No, it's just my head," I said trying not to fall. Why this now!?! Why couldn't this have happened in my room? I thought to myself.
Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:27 pm

"Just your head eh? Well as it looks like, just your head is hurting and you are a little dizzy. I think you need something." I said, rubbing her back softly as I look at her face, looking for a sign of anything that was different. The sculpture behind them was almost gone now, the legs breaking and the body falling down. "Maybe you should sit down again..." I said softly, looking at her, offering my hand to help steady her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow day? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow day? (Open)   Snow day? (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow day? (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: