Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Matty (Wicked)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Son of Aphrodite

Mat turned the page of his book, completely immersed in it. Although it was basically a text book, the boy had picked it up for some good reading. Entitled Understanding Humans, it was an introduction to physical anthropology and archaeology, two of Mathieu's favorite subjects. The boy had decided that, in an attempt to escape the air-headedness of his siblings, he would pick up a new study. Although he already knew a decent amount of information in it, there was some that was new to him, and he was fixed on acquiring the knowledge.

A sound began to distract him. At first, he didn't notice it much, and dismissed it, but the more it was there, the more it bothered him. It was like a constant drone of sound, with a couple of distortions. When his ear itched enough that Mat actually lifted his eyes from his book, and his head out of the information, he could recognize it as someone speaking. His nerves tingled, but he suppressed them, as usual. If he didn't constantly keep his anger in check, it would fly out in a disastrous rage. But, that rarely happened. Typically, people were frightened away before seeing his wrath, or someone who knew his violent tendencies was able to calm him.

The latter situation was not likely, in this instance, for Matt was quite alone in the room, but the voice in just out the door was still there, along with a lower-vibrancy multitude of other voices, which, discernible, did not bother Mat so much so as the one voice.

A little hot-hotheadedly, Mat pushed the textbook off of his lap. He swung his feet over the edge of his bunk, his socked-feet touching the floor with ease, explained by the height at which he then stood. He transected his room, laying a hand upon the doorknob and giving it a small turn. He should not have been surprised to see who was standing outside the doorway after it was opened. Tiberius Winters, the cabin leader, stood chatting with one of Mat's sisters. He had not an idea of what the discussion might have been, but he wanted it to end.

Mathieu had no pre-formed opinion of Tiberius. He only knew him by necessity, and had never actually engaged in a conversation with him. He had no reason to like, nor dislike him. However, if that was the case, Mat leaned on the side of dislike, as he had met few who met his standards. In fact, he had met none, as of yet, with whom he enjoyed company.

Mat gave a small, almost mockingly polite smile, in the direction of his younger half-brother. Typically, Mat would glower down his nose at whoever stood opposite, but in this case, since Ty was nearly Mat's height, he was reduced to simply glowering at eye-level. Mathieu's face gave hint of his annoyed attitude, but no more than a hint. His small grin dispersed, for the most part, any negative feeling conveyed by his eyes, which always held an attitude of annoyance.

"I would appreciate it if you took this conversation elsewhere," he interrupted, directly in the middle of Tiberius's sentence. "Your voice is so unfortunately annoying and what you say can't possibly be so important as to be unsaid elsewhere," he said. Although his words were abrasive, the smile remained, as if he had said something pleasant.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Last edited by Kol Mikaelson on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Matty (Wicked) Tumblr_lwm8jebn7H1qgbszdo1_500_large

Tiberius Winters
As a cabin leader and big brother to most of his siblings here at camp, Tibs felt like it was important for him to get to know his half-sisters and brothers, even if he did find some of them to be more annoying than Victor and Eponine, which shouldn’t even have been humanly possible. It was important for him to gain feedback about how he was running the cabin, if he could fix something for them, or just to be a shoulder to cry on. After all that was what he did back home, and it didn’t feel any different here, minus the fact that Ty didn’t feel a rush of affection for any of them except for Dylan, and he wasn’t here right now. So the cabin leader spent the time talking to various other members of the Aphrodite cabin. No matter how frustrated he got with them, he smiled for them and acted like a gentlemen, because that was what Tiberius had been trained to do. 

Currently he was talking to a little girl, about ten years his younger. Ty didn’t understand most of what she was saying, as she had a undeniably thick accent which he just couldn’t place. Russian, maybe? Bulgarian? At any rate, most of what came through to the cabin leader had to do with smoothies and health drinks. He found this conversation to be extremely dull and boring, and Tiberius wanted nothing more than to just go into his room and sulk, because that was what he did nowadays. There was no Quinn to keep him occupied as of late, because Tibs wanted to give her space. He knew he was clingy and he openly admitted that, so he just stayed away from his on and off girlfriend for now. Most of his time was spent working on making all of his siblings happy, which in turn made Tiberius Winters very, very happy. 

However, one of his brothers had walked over to him, with a pleasant enough smile on his face, but Tibs didn’t trust it. He hardly trusted anybody these days, as he figured out pretty fast there there was more people in the world that wanted to harm you rather than help you, and he found that a shame, but it was the truth. Tiberius was a mockingbird, a dead one at that. He had been innocent like a newborn lamb, and when he was thrown into this ruthless, bloody world, he had lost everything his youth had given him. When his brother spoke, Tiberius just stared him down, eyes as cold and as grey as stone. “Oh I do apologise,” The cabin leader said just as cooly, however there was no smile on his face. He didn’t find his half-brother to be funny or charming, although he suspected that he wasn’t supposed to think that he was. “But I cannot change what the gods have given me, nor can I comply with your wish just because you wish it to be."
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Son of Aphrodite

Mat watched as Ty stopped his conversation and turned to Mat. It gave him a decent amount of time to look him up and down. The boy had a tall but thin frame, with pale skin giving the overall appearance of someone who was sickly or easily broken. He had a strong face, with jet black hair which was an uncommon but appealing feature. Mat didn't observe that, though. His eyes excavated across Ty's skin, looking for imperfections and discrepancies that would lower Ty's attractive qualities. Though it is unfortunate, appearance is one of the key factors of first impressions, and Mat was determined to look for the minor flaws in Ty's appearance.

Upon hearing Ty's response, Mat was slightly taken aback. Did he really just talk back to him? The opposition's face was cold, with out the deceitful smile that Mat wore, but rather dead and emotionless. It didn't really surprise Mat, Ty's unenthusiastic demeanor. He never had a high opinion of the boy. He only knew him from small necessary encounters and in passing. He always wore the same unintelligent gaze, with the personality of a 19th-century blob fish.

"Surely it's not too much of an inconvenience on your fragile frame to take a couple steps away from my room? I know it might be hard, but I'm sue you'll push through, being the trooper you are," he satirically mocked. Mat was a rather well-muscled boy himself, and by juxtaposition next to Ty, he looked like he visited the gym daily. "I understand. I hope you, too, understand, when my wish is more of a demand the next time I need to ask it," Mat continued. He then lifted a hand and motioned down the small hall towards the center of the cabin and away from his door.

As he did this, his brain was working overtime. He logically balanced out his strengths and weaknesses, and building up what little information he had about Ty in order to create a scale of his strengths and weaknesses, as well. Whenever Mat got in a confrontation, which was more often than what was fortunate, he almost immediately  analyzed his opponent, should it come to violence. Which, most often, it did. He knew that Ty was weak, and Mat was strong. He knew that they were both kids of Aphrodite, so neither of them had the same supernatural advantage as, say, a Zeus camper. He knew that Ty could have a concealed weapon, in which case Mat would have to go on the defensive.

All the while the analysis was running, Mat's eyes twinkled, and his smile never faltered as he looked pleasantly at Tiberius.

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:39 pm

tremble little lion man
Tiberius had never had a problem with authority. On the contrary, he found it to be helpful, and it brought a lot less work down upon him, but that wasn’t to say he was opposed to hard work. Because he’d never questioned his superiors, Tibs thought that nobody should question him. He thought that everyone should do what he said when he said it because he was the cabin leader and everything would go much more smoothly if they did. However, he realized that not everything worked like it did back in his old home, where Ty was in command of his siblings, wielding orders like weapons. Back at home everything was a well oiled machine, there were no rebels. Here, sadly, wasn’t home, and so there was going to be people who questioned his decisions and didn’t like him for whatever reason. This person right now was Mathieu Renard. Yes, Tiberius knew who his half-brother was, as he thought it important to know most people in his cabin. Mat seemed to be a pasty, well build kid. Where Tiberius was all sharp angels and cold features, his brother was warm and rounded. He stood as tall as he could to seem like a challenge to the boy.

“You are correct in your assumptions, it would not, in fact hurt me or my fragile frame. However the matter simply stands; I do not wish to move, and even if you demanded the movement of my body into my room, you would not get your wish.” Tibs crossed his arms as the other boy gestured to his room, shaking his head and letting his black hair fall in his face like feathers. There were lots of flaws about him, but he was determined not to let them show. For instance, his ankles. The cabin leader had never had strong ankles to support him, and broke it more times than he could count just walking along the hallways of his home. He ran his hand through his hair, pushing it back. “If you’re so bothered by me and my annoying voice, you’re welcome to leave. Certainly I don’t confine you?"

ooc- gah it's short, sorry. i'm in school and didn't have enough time.

Last edited by Crowley on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Son of Aphrodite

Mat's history with confrontation is a treacherously shaky one. There was that one huge fight the first week he was in camp. People gathered around to watch him confront an Ares camper who was getting on his nerves. He had no idea the trouble in which he was getting into at the time, but he soon learned after a trip to the infirmary to be more weary of people's backgrounds. Then, there was that guy at the volleyball pit who foolishly accused Mathieu of cheating, the latter then popping him one in nose. The boy ran off, leaving blood drops on the ground. That was the instant before a strange blond girl approached him. Needless to say, Mathieu's temper got the best of him at times.

Mat's left eye gave an indistinguishable twitch as he looked at Ty. His neck grew hot, and tension built in his fingers. He slowly lowered his hand from it's gesture, and dropped it down by his side in a slow motion. He stared hard at the boy. His face had instantly dropped the smile that he wore the moment that his nerves began to tingle with disgust. His eyes no longer looked over Ty's skin, but rather looked upon the boy as a king might look at a hayseed. Perhaps this look was what caused the girl to whom Ty was talking to shake her head and walk away. She was obviously not getting anywhere, and wasn't going to find herself in the middle of these two.

Mat let out a long, dramatic sigh, turning away from Ty for a moment. He considered the boy's words carefully. It was obviously easier to just pick up his book and leave rather than carrying on the argument. After all, peace and quiet was what Mat desired the most. However, it would be unwise to encourage the sort of unacceptable behavior that Ty exhibited. He had to discourage it while it was young.

Just before speaking again, Mat turned back to Ty, and replaced his smile.

"You know.. I don't think I will," Mat said, tipping his head to the side. "In fact, you're the one in the wrong, not I. This room is my place of residence, not yours. Yours is that way," he said, once again waving his head, however this time with less care, as his patience wore thin. "So I'm going to have to say once more that you need to move yourself to your room, or a public area, where your voice will not disrupt my learning," he declared.

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 11:28 am

tremble little lion man
Back at home in Albany, Tiberius had four siblings. Charlotte and Gabriel, the twins, and then Victor and Eponine. He was the oldest of all of them, sand therefore expected to make sacrifices for their happiness. At first, Ty hated all of his siblings and want nothing to do with them. Simply saying he locked himself up in his room for hours on end refusing to eat what Lucy made him or hold his new baby sister. The six year old felt betrayed by his father and stepmother because he was supposed to be the baby of the family, not a mewling spawn that didn’t do nothing but eat, sleep, drink, and soil itself. He was supposed to be his parents light and joy, not something that didn’t even have teeth or could read or understand the brilliance of mozart. In those days Tibs was a very uncooperative child back then, just as he was now. That stubborn willful child reverted through him now. He didn’t understand why Mat just couldn’t accept the fact that not everything was going to happen his way every single time Tiberius had learned that fact a long time ago and he was better off for it. “Do you have a problem with me? Do I vex you?” The answer Ty knew he was going to receive was yes, but he wanted to figure out why. So far he’d done nothing to Mat to warrant his hatred, and if he had done it then he’d be eternally sorry. Siblings shouldn’t fight, not even if they were estranged half-brothers. 

As his half-sister left, Tibs watched her leave for a second, wishing she would have stayed so she could have intervened if a fight broke out between Mat and him. He crossed his arms and look at Mat with tiredness in his stone cold grey eyes. It was much too early to be having an argument as petty as this, he’d rather be talking with his other siblings while he drank earl grey tea. However apparently Mat just wanted to fight, and Tiberius had learned from his girlfriend that you didn’t ever back down from a fight if someone was antagonizing you. It was one of the many things Quinn had taught him that Ty actually found useful. Mathieu, although not directly harming him, did give off an aura of arrogance to Tibs. Mat stood as if he was a king built to rule over lowly peasants, but Tibs would pull the throne right out from under him because if this was a monarchy, Mathieu did not deserve to be king. A king had to be fair and wise, thoughtful and kind-hearted, but not so much though that it clouded his judgment and taste for ruthlessness. Mat didn’t posses many of those qualities, so therefore he wouldn’t be fit for royalty. While Tiberius was hardly qualified himself, he did note that he was better than his brother.

“It seems to have slipped your mind, brother dear.” Tiberius said, containing his laughter as Mat coked his head to one side. It made him look like a bird. “But this cabin is open to all Aphrodite children, ergo any one of us can go where we please, except for my room. This isn’t just your place of residence, it’s also your half-brothers. Didn’t daddy teach you how to share?” Thinking he was clever, TIbs allowed himself a small, almost unnoticeable twitch of the mouth that could be considered a half smile. Mathieu was being stubborn, something that the cabin leader despised. Wasn’t it easier to do things rather than argue constantly? Wasn’t it better to just comply with orders rather than defy them at every turn possible? “Hm, yes, thank you for pointing towards my room, because it seems I have lost my way. But I wasn’t going there anyways, so your attempts at giving me directions are fruitless."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matty (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matty (Wicked)   Matty (Wicked) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matty (Wicked)
Page 1 of 1