Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao] Empty
PostSubject: jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]   jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 am

Nineteen hours, forty-seven minutes, and counting. And still Jonathan was lying on his bed, his arms propped up so that the DS Lite hovered directly above his face. A pair of earphones blared BreakEven to his ears. His thumbs raced across the pad, his eyes unmoving, ghost-like. This was the ex-cabin leader now. Living in a world of pixels, dead to reality. No one can blame him, really. The real world sucked.

Maybe his bad luck started in the zombie apocalypse. It was hell to be cabin leader then. It was worse than hell to watch your friends and family die in the hands of rotting corpses. Just watching, because you knew that there was nothing you could do. Everyone had been forced to change. No matter how much you hated violence, you had to pull out the inner Greek warrior in you to stay alive. Kill or be killed. The very last place in the world Jonathan would wish to be in.

But then, maybe his bad luck started way back when he was thirteen, when Katie took his breath away and he just sat there doing nothing. Hearing something in his chest crack and shatter that fateful Valentines', because someone else was braver than he was and grabbed the chance before he could. Then everything seemed to go downhill after that, and Jonathan had all but cursed his own lineage. Really? A son of Aphrodite, the goddess of love? How ironic.

But Jonathan knew that his bad luck wasn't about to run out anytime soon. Not when the Fates seemed to make it a hobby to throw at him one bad thing after another. Zombies. Dead siblings. Dead friends. And just recently, dead father. What was next?

Jonathan was wrenched from his thoughts, and at first he thought it was because of the sudden rustling grass in the screen above him. But then as the screen flashed into battle scene, he grew aware of the uneven beats sounding in the background of his music. Surely couldn't be part of the song. He realized that he was right when he pulled an earbud off, and noticed that the sound came from his door. Someone was knocking.

With a heavy sigh he swung both legs off the bed and stretched, wincing as his back cracked. He threw a glance at his cracked mirror and nearly groaned. It was as if a bird made a nest on his head during the time he played, and the dark shadows in his eyes were just freaky. Not surprising. He barely slept anymore. No one could, after everything that's happened. Really, the only nice thing was that his term as a cabin leader ended. Plenty of stress off his shoulders, that was.

He staggered to his feet, one earbud still playing in his ear and his DS laid to rest on the tangled sheets. He didn't need to pause the game - the wild Emolga could damn well wait for him to come back. Jonathan spotted his crumpled shirt on the foot of the bed. He considered throwing it on, but decided against it in the end. Whatever it was that the person behind his door wanted, he was pretty sure that it wouldn't require him to get out of his room. And if they did need him out of his room... well, the way he looked would hopefully scare them off. Yeah, Jonathan was that lazy today. He was just dressed in his jeans, which he was too lazy to change into a more comfortable pair of shorts. Too much effort. For once, he didn't give a damn that he literally looked like he rolled out of bed.

A tangle of broken wires made him stumble. He righted himself before he could fall, and thought he felt something drop to his stomach at the sight of his mangled XBox. It was ruined alright, dented and broken and some parts missing. Damn zombies. The rest of his room had been ransacked too, but it was livable for now. Thank the gods Hephaestus campers worked fast. Taking careful steps not to trip on anything else, Jonathan finally closed the distance between him and the door. For once, he wasn't trying to mask everything with a smile when he opened it. Too much effort. He was tired of it all.

But as the recently mended door creaked and opened, the unexpected sight robbed all the air out of his lungs. His mouth opened and closed a few times. When he finally spoke, his deep voice was raspy from lack of use.

"I... I didn't expect to see you here."
jonathan adams
seventeen » son of aphrodite » single

WORDS! 773
TAG! Vina omg
NOTES! xxx
STILL ALIVE BUT BARELY BREATHING
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]   jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Ronnie Lyric
The Zombie Apocalypse had really defined the world for Veronica Lyric.
Not in the death sense... although, if she had known nothing about death before it, she would have known quite a lot at the end of it. She'd spent months thinking her Mother was going to pass away, any second. It had given her a lot of opinion on the subject of death. But what had really been put in perspective for Ronnie was her own mortality. Pretty much the same thing, right? Not really. At least not for her.
Ronnie had never really thought about herself dying. But during the ZA, she'd spent most of her waking hours imagining her end, and when it would be. After a couple days of that, she'd started to have nightmares. After a few days of them, she just hadn't slept at all. She'd never been a fighter, so she was pretty sure that if there was to be an outright attack... well, she couldn't just not fight, could she? But she was sure if she did, it wouldn't end well for her. It could have been the lack of sleep making her into a pessimist, but Ronnie was positive that her end was growing nearer by the day, a ticking alarm clock counting down the minutes until she ceased to exist.

But she hadn't died. Her time hadn't run out, not then. The doors to the Safe House had opened and she'd been able to see the sun again and breath fresh air and return to the Cabin which she called home.
And everything had been different. The sun wasn't comforting, the air didn't seem quite that fresh. On the contrary, it seemed stuffy, claustrophobic, and she was almost positive that the smell of death hung around Camp and would hang around Camp for as long as the memory of the Zombie Apocalypse remained. As for the Cabin, all of the Cabins really, they hadn't come out of the fight unscathed. Her room had been near total destruction, all of her possessions all but ruined. A few things survived. Some photographs, a bracelet, surprisingly her american college jacket, but the rest had been tossed. If it had been under better circumstances, she would have simply thought of it as a spring clean, but Ronnie was heartbroken to let all of her treasured possessions go.
She'd spent a day cleaning through her things, getting rid of the ruined and putting the surviving items in a safe place, a storage box. Then it had been the slow process of tidying the room, which still hadn't been finished. But she had never been tidy, and cleaning up after a mess she hadn't made seemed pointless, even after everything.

Instead, Ronnie had found herself walking around Camp, visiting a few people she had met during the Dark Days and old friends from before, saying "Hi, how are you doing?". She didn't expect an answer, of course, or at least not a good answer. How was anyone doing? Everyone had seen things they hadn't thought they would ever set eyes upon. Zombies with decaying skin and features oh so familiar were not easy to forget.
But there was that one person she didn't know if she could go see. Ronnie knew he was fine... she'd seen him from a distance, once, he'd survived the ZA. But it was the fact she didn't know what to say. She'd come so close before, and now she just didn't have the courage.
It was hard though. She wanted to see him. Looks could be deceiving, right? If she went to see him, she would be able to find out for definite that he was okay. And she was near the Aphrodite Cabin....

It took her longer than she had thought it would to find herself standing outside his door. She had never been anywhere near it before, and to be honest, the only times she had been in the Aphrodite Cabin itself was when she was looking for Grace. And usually she chickened out after stepping in the door and ran away. Most Aphrodite kids were quite frightening, in that love goddessesy makeuppy way. She'd had to ask where the room was, and standing outside it... she almost wanted to turn around and walk away again.
But she wouldn't.
Raising a fist, she knocked carefully, almost like she was frightened the door would fall off if she put too much pressure behind it.

She concentrated on the ground as the door creaked and opened, refusing to make eye contact. Why was she so nervous? Oh, yeah! Cause she sort of liked this guy and she hadn't seen him face to face since the Zombie Apocalypse began and this felt very awkward to her!
"I... I didn't expect to see you here."
Her heart leaped, and Ronnie took a moment to answer.
'Um... well, hi. I thought I should come and see if you were okay? I haven't spoke to you since... since it began, so... yeah.'
So this is where you fell, And I am left to sell, The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell, Right to the top, Don't look back, Turning the rags and giving the commodities a rain check
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]   jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 am

For one more moment, Jonathan couldn't speak. His heart just did a couple of somersaults inside his chest and suddenly he felt conscious of his state, of how his hair was sticking up and the fact that he didn't bother to throw on a shirt. But every insecurity was punctuated by the realization that kept on clouding his mind. She came to see him. Ronnie came to see him.

It wasn't as if he had forgotten about her (as if he could). After the whole nightmare ended, Jonathan had tried a couple of times to find her, see if she's alright. But every time he took a step towards the golden cabin, he found himself backtracking. The brief bravery he once had when he resolved to tell his secret had already faded off completely. Questions plagued his every step. What would he find? What would happen between them? What if... what if she hadn't survived? It scared him, perhaps it was why he couldn't even force a half-hearted smile these days when he usually could... But of course, he soon found out that she was fine. Well, alive would be a better term. Hardly anyone was fine.

Maybe he would have sought her out after that. Maybe this would've been a happier reunion, if he hadn't been summoned back home.

"I'm sorry," Jonathan finally sputtered out. "I just... er, sorry if it came off as rude or... well I just wasn't expecting anyone, really. Do you... do you want to come in? Only if you don't mind a mess, I haven't really cleaned up..."

'Haven't really cleaned up' was a huge understatement. Jonathan bit the inside of his cheek as he threw a glance over his shoulder. Everything was in disarray and covered with a thin layer of dust and rubble. Only a small path had been cleared off towards the bed, which was practically the only thing he managed to sort out, and not even properly. His desk was wrecked and overturned. Joining the remains of his XBox were papers torn from the limited number of books and notebooks he had, and a couple of broken shards of glass and picture frames. Looking at it all made Jonathan sick to his stomach. Maybe this wasn't the best time to invite in the girl he liked.

"It's a mess..." Jonathan muttered, mostly to himself. He walked back the way he came, kicking off some rocks that had fallen from the hastily repaired window (which was still nailed in with a few wooden bars - a job that had yet to be finished by the Hephaestus kids). It was only then that Jonathan noticed that his room was much darker than he remembered it being. All the windows were boarded up, the sunlight filtered in thin rays. As he grabbed his creased shirt and threw it over his shoulder, Jonathan cast a wary eye on the partially destroyed shelf lining his wall. It carried a few detached book covers and strewn pages, and a couple of photographs and other things that barely survived. Jonathan hadn't yet taken the time to sort out which of his belongings were unharmed. Sometimes he was just scared of what he'd find. In other times, his thoughts drifted somewhere else entirely that he'd want nothing better than to forget the world.

He quickly went back to the door, sweeping a hand across the top of his desk and knocking down a rocket figurine over a crumpled piece of paper, almost as if he was intent on hiding it. "D'you still want to come in?" As he turned back to Ronnie, he cracked what probably was the first smile he gave in days. Somehow, looking at her made him feel a little lighter. With everything that's happened, that was saying something. "I'm... I'm really glad you came."
jonathan adams
seventeen » son of aphrodite » single

WORDS! 640
TAG! Vina omg
NOTES! xxx
STILL ALIVE BUT BARELY BREATHING
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]   jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jeez when are you going to start dating already [private - jonron lmao]
Page 1 of 1