Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hi from Italy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BronzeSword155

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:22 am

Hi,
My name is Simone, I'm an Italian boy and I'm 18. I found this forum this morning looking for buying Camp Half-Blood T-shirt and Google give me also the link for this web site.
What can I say about me ?
I read fantasy books since I was 8, when I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. After it I enjoy reading The Lord of the Rings, The Chronacles of Narnia, The Hunger Games, His Darks Materials, Percy Jackson and The Kane Chronicles. I knew Percy four years ago, when the Warner Bros. did the film.
I've read all books of Percy Jackson and The Olympians, two books of The Kane Chronicles and the Book One of Heroes of Olympus.
I'm looking forward the last books of these sagas, but in Italy the publishing houses are very tardy to translate.

Cheers from Rome

Simone
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 am

hey simone, my name's cerys, i'm fifteen years old and i live in Wales, which is debatably the best country in the united kingdom. i like skateboarding and harry potter too, and when i hit seventeen i want to road trip around central Europe with mates and Rome would deffo be one of the places I would like to stop at. nice to meet you :)xox
Back to top Go down
BronzeSword155

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 am

Nice to meet you too, Cerys. I haven't travell a lot ( I have only visited Dublin in April) but last year a Welsh has come to my school as teacher and he showed to my class some photos of Wales and they displayed very beautiful landscapes.
I'm glad that you want to visite Rome: it's wonderful and full of history !I advice you to visit the Pantheon ;)
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Simone, I'm Faith, though most here call me Vina now, and I am fourteen (Nearly fifteen) years old. I live in Ireland, and Dublin yay! Did you like it? Did you see the Spire? Did you go to Kilmainham? Phoenix Park? See the Sinn Fein building? Or where the President lives? I've only seen two of those, but I was in Dublin Zoo a couple times and its right beside Phoenix Park :D
I like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson too (: HoO is really good so I definitely advise you to read the rest of the books when you get the chance.
Rome is really pretty yes. I wanted to go with my school next May but I can't, so I'll be saving up and going on my own as soon as I come of age. I really wanted to see the Pantheon and the Catacombs and Coliseum!
Welcome to CHB, and I hope you'll enjoy it here :D
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am

woah vina calm down omg how much coffee have you had?

WELCOME!
HIHIHIHI!!!

I'm Bean! I'm 13 and I live in the US. I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson (well, no duh!). I'm a Gryffindor. Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:09 am

Bean I don't like coffee omg
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 am

coffee is gr8 don't diss coffee

and thank you :) yeah, wales is a very beautiful country, that is true ;D
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 am

Didn't diss coffee I like the smell just not the taste
Back to top Go down
BronzeSword155

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Vina and Beanie ! I'm gald to meet you both.
Vina, I love Dublin ! Maybe because it was may first travel abroad, but I found it amazing ! I've stayed in Ireland 6 days, but I haven't slept in Dublin (I went here all day by bus), I used to sleep in Bray. Look, I haven't see very much, because I was with my classmates and a chaperon who can't speak in english. Anyway, I've seen the Spire, which impressed me, Temple Bar, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, which really disappointed me, the park where there's a statue of Oscar Wilde, but I don't remember its name, a museum of natural history and the museum of the Easter Rising... Indeed I've decide to return in Irland as soon as possible, on my own :D
Beanie, I'm proud to be a Hufflepuff :D

P.S. The coffee you drink in your country is a bit different from mine, I think: we drink it in a small cup, beacuse it's too strong and if you drink it too much you'll be awake for ages... I remember in Ireland I drunk a cup of coffee at breakfast, in the afternoon and before going bed ahahha
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 am

Dublin is pretty awesome. I've not been there a whole lot, even though if I drove up on the Motorway it wouldn't take too long. Bray is nice too <3 The Spire is awesome, and O'Connell street itself is incredible and filled with history. Temple Bar is cool, Saint Patrick's Cathedral is okay. Was the statue of Oscar Wilde in Merrion Square? If that's the one then it is really nice. The Easter Rising Museum I'm trying to get up there to see cause I am really interested in that part of our history.
(You had coffee for breakfast here? xD I'm surprised you didn't have the Irish Breakfast Tea.)
Back to top Go down
BronzeSword155

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 am

Yes, for breakfast...Indeed I used to eat a lot, for breakfast: a bowl of corn flakes (I think these are more delicious than in Italy), a cup of coffee, some biscuits with orange and finally the hot bread with Irish butter: I love it, because in Italy we seldom eat butter, and ours is sweat, not salted. I got a tummyache due to butter, but I still love it. The lady who accomodated me was very kind, always offered me a lot of food and was very gentle, she could also cook a great Pasta alla Bolognese :D she offered me the Irish Coffee but I refused because I wasn't yet eighteen, so I couldn't drink it because it contains Gin, right ?
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Kelloggs Cornflakes oml. I can't eat them without a load of sugar dumped all over them haha.
Your butter is sweetened? That surprises me ha. I've never had sweet butter, only salted. Did you have Brown Soda Bread? That's really nice with butter and egg. Did you have a Full Irish Breakfast at any point? With rashers and sausages and eggs and brown soda bread and fried tomatoes?
I'm pretty sure that traditional irish coffee is made with irish whiskey, and sometimes people use Guinness instead.
Back to top Go down
BronzeSword155

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Whiskey ! Right, I mistook ahah Brown Soda Bread...I've eaten a lot of wholemeal bread, but I don't know if it was the Brown Soda Bread, but it can be possible because I ate a lot of bread ahah
Yes; I have a Full Irish Breakfast ! It was fantastic, I'm still licking my chops about it ! She prepared it on Sunday morning. It was wonderful, but I wasn't accostumed to it. In Italy we only eat a croissant and milk and coffee or only a coffee for breakfast :(
If you come in Italy, try sweetened butter, but I think yours is better ahaha
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Haha Gin, Whiskey, Brandy, its pretty much all the same thing. Gets you drunk when you drink it lol.
It might have been brown soda bread that you ate at one point or another. That or it was just brown bread rofl
The Full Irish breakfast here is definitely full lol. I can't sit and eat the whole thing, but its nice :D
I'll definitely be trying sweetened butter if I visit Italy (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Italy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy   Hi from Italy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Italy
Page 1 of 1