Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Suggesting to get things heated up

Go down 
+3
Ninja Poet
Gazimu
FudgeeBear
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

Suggesting to get things heated up Empty
PostSubject: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:33 am

So. The site had been losing members. So few were even posting. We need events, curse it. And maybe some promoting too. Ugh, guys. I just read Skye's departure post and it got me depressed. So, I'd like to suggest an event.

A Tournament.

So, how would this go? Basically, we'll get to sign up members, and pair each of them randomly. I think we'll have three brackets for this. The Big Three bracket (for those Big Three demigods), the normal bracket (for those demigods belonging to Cabin 4 to Cabin 12), and the minor gods' bracket (for those demigods who resides at Cabin Two, and Cabin 14 below). Each winners of each bracket would receive awards. We will have topics at the Arena, or any sub-forums if possible. A topic would consist of one pair of contestants. I think, to keep this rolling, we'll have a deadline. Like, 3 days without a post and your character loses instantly. Also, to make this fun, all contestants will be subject to deaths, so plan those posts clearly!

The awards? I think drachmas. I'll gladly donate yo. So thoughts? Please, I see this going on to other sites, so yeah, I think we can do this, too. My first suggestion! Yay!

About promotions... idk. But we should do that, but idk how. //sobs. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Just hold a monthly Capture the Flag Game that lasts a week, recurring events to look forward to are always good for activity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 pm

The problem with Capture the Flag was that it got too big. There were too many cases of godmodding [[believe me; my friend Alex still complains to me about Lightning's 'quick snack of ambrosia' to this day]] and it kinda spiralled out a bit.
I like the idea of a tournament, especially the brackets, although death or life seems a bit... OTT for CHB, seeing as it's mainly 11-18 year olds who go here, and this is meant to be a fun tournament. How about the losers are left with a semi-permanant tattoo across their foreheads or something, which lasts until the next tournament? Can't be washed off, etc. :P
Anyway, I liek it.
-Ninja
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Camp Jupiter is doing a tournament too, in May sometime. Maybe we could coordinate the events?
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:38 pm

@Gazimu: Capture the Flag would be good. If that's the case, well, yowkay :D

@Rufus Stark: Thank you. And yep, let's make it like your idea or such. c: Losers get some embarrasing tattoo or something?

@Moon: Cool. I'd be participating. But I dun get it, personally. Is the CJ Tournament like this one, too, or something different? :p

I'll get this event on. I'm running again for the CL elections :p
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am

When are CL elections?
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 am

@Panda: Sometime this upcoming May. :p
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 am

@ Fudge: Oh, well not exactly like it, because the tournament on CJ pairs them up with people in their Cohort. But the same basic idea, not that it would need to be coordinated, just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am

I like the idea of a contest or something, but no death unless the person wants is my opinion. I wouldn't want to stick Ra into a fight (Or even Aph) and have them die, just cause the dice system said so rofl
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:40 am

@Moon: Eh, I see. I'd help in suggestions if you want :p

@Faith Lehane: Oh sure, no deaths c: But scars, or wounds can do, right? They're sexy, plus the tattoo at the end of the tournament like Rufus Strak mentioned before.

I'll get this tourney up asap c: I'd like to see how this goes, and I think it'll be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
sabrina...

sabrina...

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:58 pm

how about a tournament- thats not only physical (chariot racing, battle/combat) but one that tests the demi-god's strength's. Aphrodite- a beauty compitition. Demeter- gardening. Hermes- stealth.

Etc, etc, etc.

Do you like?
Back to top Go down
http://www.writedelight.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggesting to get things heated up   Suggesting to get things heated up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggesting to get things heated up
Page 1 of 1