Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate Empty
PostSubject: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 am

swordfighting 101 for beginners
Time: 7:30 AM
Twirling Aionion nonchalantly, Iris glanced at the watch on her wrist, puffing out an impatient breath. She had arrived thirty minutes before the lesson formally started with the knowledge that she was going early but she was still anxious to get started. It was only her beginner class - she could only imagine how she would feel about teaching the more advanced class. There were slight dark circles below Iris' eyes. The daughter of Aphrodite had been distraught upon seeing them in the mirror that morning and she hoped they would disappear after a few nights of getting some proper sleep.

Spread out over two tables was an array of swords - standard swords, two handed great swords, the slim swords that samurai used - everything. Iris hadn't scrimped on gathering swords from the forges, everyone had different tastes and were likely to go for different kinds of swords. She was just hoping that she would be able to teach effectively, since she only had select experience with other kinds swords - she usually just stuck with the standard kind.

Iris hardly noticed the cold - she wasn't worried about what her students would wear, if they worked hard they would warm themselves up in no time. In the meantime, she was nervous, very nervous. She needed the lesson to go well, she hoped nobody would be overly difficult. Iris had some things planned for her lessons in order to teach things more effectively and maybe to draw some interest, but for now, they were in the arena learning the basics. Lessons were boring, but they needed to start training and preparing for war - she hoped the campers would realize that. Maybe she would actually be able to teach someone something, but she wasn't about to get her hopes up and jinx it.

Instructors: Iris Andrews (Crispy Bacon) ; Jonathan Adams (Sapphire) ; Brandon Mathias (Excelsior)
Please message Crispy Bacon if you're interested in being an instructor

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

jonathan wyatt adams son of aphrodite

Shivering from the cold, Jonathan stopped, surprised at the sheer number of swords Iris had gathered. As he went to get a closer look, he looked around and saw that apart from him, only his Co was present. Figures. Both of them needed to be early. Instructors should set a good example, shouldn't they? Jonathan glanced at Iris and smiled when he thought she was looking.

He cast a sweeping glance at the various swords laid out on the table. Usually, basic sword fighting lessons required less dangerous wooden swords but they were in Camp Half Blood, enough said. He could just hope that they had the capability to prevent injuries from happening. Swords were not toys, after all, and sword fighting was less a game and more a survival skill.

Forcing a calm front, he continued to peruse the swords to while away the time. His own, Rixus, had now abandoned its bracelet disguise and took its original three-foot form. Every now and then Jonathan would look up, twirling the sword in his hand. Shouldn't people be arriving by now?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Brandon Mathias strode into the arena with his weapon in hand and a confident look on his face. He had only recently returned to Camp Half-Blood after a trip to visit his mother had been waylaid by the attacks of various creatures from Tartarus. Nevertheless, he had easily gotten a position as one of the sword-fighting instructors. He was big, strong, skilled and most importantly, experienced. As one of the oldest campers at 22 years of age, Brandon was a real veteran, and he hoped to be able to pass on his knowledge and discipline to as many of the younger demigods as possible.

Brandon's weapon, a very unusual one, was an instant symbol of his skill. It consisted of two 3-foot bronze swords joined at the hilt to form a saberstaff, similar in concept to Darth Maul's double-bladed weapon in Star Wars, one of his favourite film series. Mastering such a weapon had not been easy at all, but Brandon found that it was an excellent tool for keeping multiple opponents at bay, which was fairly important to him since he didn't have a shield.

As he had only been back for a couple of weeks, Brandon was a stranger to many of his fellow campers. He didn't know much about his fellow instructors other than their names and the fact that they were children of Aphrodite. It always struck him as odd to put descendants of the love goddess in charge of anything combat-related, but he didn't judge. For all he knew, they might be better swordsmen than him.
"Hey guys," he said, nodding at both of them. "I see you came prepared, Iris. That's good."
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 pm

iris andrews daughter of aphrodite
Iris sent a saccharine smile in Jonathon's direction and quickly looked for something else to focus on, her jaw clenching subtly. Fortunately, the son of Ares who had volunteered to help them teach the lessons strolled into the arena not long after Jonathan. Unfortunately, the first words out of his mouth succeeded in immediately irritating her, although she tried - in vain - to hide it. "Yes, well," She smiled a visibly strained smile. "Can't have swordfighting lessons without swords."

Stretching out her arms, she jogged in place briefly and then frowned when no students appeared. Well, it was still early. No need to lose hope. "I guess we can figure out what's going to happen with the lessons." She said, scratching her head. "I don't know if either of you had any ideas or not but throw them out if you did get any." She looked at both of them expectantly. "I thought maybe we could have a controlled lesson that involved actually fighting against monsters at some point. Later on, of course."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Brandon used his saberstaff to point at the closest row of swords Iris had set up. These were nothing fancy--just typical, 3-foot bronze blades. Fairly standard issue around camp. "We should start teaching with those. They're the basic type of sword, well-balanced and suited for most styles. Oh, and by teaching, I mean sparring. Experience is the best way to learn combat, and since we got no idea when Kronos is gonna make his next move, we have to make sure everyone gets as experienced as possible, as quickly as possible."
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gracie Kaiser
Hecate

Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate Tumblr_mc0r4rv4lV1rhstw1o1_500
So, we'll set the word on fire!
We can go brighter, than the sun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I held my arms as I slowly walked toward Swordfighting. I was terrible with any the bigger than a dagger, and even my dagger skills were not much. In other words, I was awful at fighting without magic. I opened my right palm, causing flowers to spurt out of the snow. There was a chill in the air. It was a nice day though. The clouds were puffy-white, and the sky was a blue as can be. As I reached the area, I sighed. I tried to smile. I don't know why I'd been so sad lately. I needed to be Gracie. I needed to be me. I took a deep breath, and bounced over to the trainers. "Hey there!" I screamed. "I'm Gracie. Can I train?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Brandon smirked. Enthusiasm was always a good thing in a camper, especially considering how so many of them were more concerned about dates and being popular than preparing for the upcoming war. "Sure, it's why we're here. Name's Brandon, from the Ares cabin. These two are Jonathan and Iris. Go ahead, pick up one of those standard swords, we'll start with those." He gestured to the row of normal, 3-foot bronze blades.
"So, how much experience have you had with swordfighting?"
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 am

Kyle Boulton

Kyle walked over to the sword training area, A grin on his face. He had never really thought about using a sword before! And with the idea that he could run out of arrows at any moment during a fight, he decided now was a good time. He wore a knit sweater, and dark blue jeans along with his boots for the snow. It was a cold day, but Kyle didn't really get cold that easy! He saw some of the people already arrived at the training session, noticing the array of blades along a table. Woah.. I don't think I've used anything bigger then a kitchen knife before.. He wasn't sure if he liked the idea of swinging a sword around anymore, but after convincing himself, he approached the table.

While walking to the table, He inspected the people around him. He noticed some girl creating a flower under the snow That must be some uh.. Hekit kid.. or is it Hecate?

"..Go ahead, pick up one of those standard swords, we'll start with those." He turned his attention to the actual instructor speaking, and listened to him. He picked from one of the swords, most of them feeling heavy in his hands. I can't lift this thing let alone dismember a Monster! He continued down the table until he happened apon a lighter looking sword, about the length of his arm. This one feels good.. Taking the sword in hand, he turned his attention back to his instructors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate   Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swordfighting 101: Beginners - Intermediate
Page 1 of 1