Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just hanging out...Literally

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhea

Rhea

Just hanging out...Literally Empty
PostSubject: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Kari hung from a tree in the forest looking across and through the woods. She held her sword in hand incase of a monster attack. Her hair hung down almost touching the snow covering the ground. She was a little cold but night was approaching and it was an excitement she planned to enjoy.

Last edited by Rhea on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Sal walked through the forest with a stealth and ease borne from years of practice. Night was falling so most of the campers were heading toward the camp, Sal only loosened his sword and put on his shield. Sal always put off going back to camp as long as possible. It was better that the town he grew up in, but he still hated it and the people in it. Out in the forest he was at peace, the animals, the plants, and even to his surprise the monsters all held a balance that nothing involving humans could understand. He was incredibly happy when he found out that he was a demigod, it meant that there was something that would separate him from the humans he hated. He noticed a small animal on the ground and knelt to take a look. I was a small white fox, and was clearly hurt. The sense of pain was so strong it almost brought tears to Sal's eyes. He set his shield down and pull some medical things out of a pouch he always kept on him. Soon he had the fox bandaged up and hidden under a thick bush. "Good luck and get better." he said to the fox. The feeling he sensed then was something akin to gratitude, but not quite.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Kari's ears perked up to the sound of a voice coming from behind her back.It didn't sound threatening but she pulled herself back up into the branch comfortably.She watched intently for the person her eyes adjusting now to the darkness.Excitement ran through her veins knowing she was closer to her mother again.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Sal tensed as he heard a sound in the trees, after years in the woods and a few attacks you do not over look any sound. He took the flashlight that was clipped to his belt and turned it on and swept it across the tree branches only stopping as he saw a pair of feet. He raised the to the person's chest and noticed that they were a girl so he moved the light to the tree next to her, the edge of the light catching the left side of her face. "And who might you be?" He asked knowing few stayed out here as darkness fell.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Kari jumped turning her body to reveal the res of her face and the scar crossing her right cheek."Kari Mckay...Daughter of Nyx."She smiled gently letting herself fall from the tree onto the the ground landing on her feet."And who might you be? Not many venture out here at dark unless..Were you dared out here by an Ares kid because I swear they never know how to quit!"She said swearing under her breath. Putting her sword back and looked at him concerned. She had already spoken to the Ares kids sending campers out here to 'prove' themselves and frankly it had made her sick.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Sal scoffed at the thought of the Ares kids making him do anything. "Sal, undetermined. And I'm out here for my own reasons, those idiots in the Ares cabin could force me out here if they tried." He said turning off the light and letting his eyes start to adjust to the darkness. He had good night vision it just took long for his eye to get there than the children of night or shadow gods.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Kari nodded gently."Good, I've told those kids to stop sending campers out here...Drives the poor campers mad."She sighed pushing her hair back and sending her hand forward."It's nice to meet you Sal." With that she sighed in awe, the forest was her favorite place to be at night. It was cool and the stars shined brightly like little night lights."Isn't it beautiful out here at night?" She whispered a small smile lighting her face.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Sal, looked up. "All nature is beautiful before the virus of mankind begins to act upon it." he said and began walking away as his eyes adjusted. She seemed to be one of the better kids in camp but because of his past he still wont trust her. I took weeks for him to work up the hear to trust Chiron who is the only person in this camp that he will actually listen to.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Kari sighed gently. "Your a pretty strange guy huh?" She said quietly letting herself follow the guy. "Not all human kind is bad...Just most of them...Yeah most of them."She said quietly not wanting to destroy the peacefulness of the forest. Of couse a monster could jump out at any time but Kari could easily be ready. "Have I done something to offend you? I mean we've only just met."How could she have offended somebody so easy just by saying her name...Was it the scar marking her a different and strange? Or had she really done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Sal stopped and sighed. "Show one guy in this whole camp that doesn't count as 'strange'. As for if you've done something, no you haven't. I'm just not a people person." He said as he again looked up, this time at the moon. "I have yet to me a human that is good." He continued, "No human has ever done anything other than hurt me. Not even my parents." He finished and waited for her response.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Kari blushed softly touching the scar on her face. She was insecure enough without this guy making her feel bad but she put on a smile. "You must not have met many people then huh?" She said quietly turning her attention to the stars. "I can't say I had terrible parents because I had wonderful parents who loved me and treated me like gold...I'm so sorry that your parents treated you horribly...I know many demi gods who had terrible family lives...It's monstrous really....Of course my biological father didn't want me either but I don't think of that very ofter..."She babbled on and on. "Sorry I get strange at night maybe my mom makes me crazy I have no idea but if you'd let me I'd like to be your friend!"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 pm

"I didn't have terrible parents, in fact I didn't have parents at all. At least now I know one of them had a reason." He said thinking back to all the kids in the orphanage that yelled that his parents didn't love him, and he knew it was true. "Trust is not so easily given. However I have never been one to not give people chances." He turned and walked over to her and held his hand out. "For the sake of this planet I pray that you are right."
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Kari grinned lightly shaking his hand. "Of course I'm right! I'm usually always right...except that one time at school...Well I paid for that one."She looked up smiling a bright smile. "Plus my dad didn't want me either...but somebody else's did I suppose..." She was speaking in jumbles. "Sorry I tend to babble...It's because I'm so insecure I guess.." She let her hair fall around her face covering that deep scar covering her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Sal let his hand fall to his side. "Those that say the are always right scarcely are." He said as he turned and began walking parallel to the edge of the forest. Part of his was scared of get close to anyone, another part craved it. He felt at war with himself. When there is more than one person conflict is assured. He was beginning to think that even if there is only one person then that person will go to war alone against them self.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Kari sighed gently. "Have you always been this way? Having friends is fun you know?" She said smiling lightly at him coming closer. "I'm not going to hurt you...I don't hurt anybody...well only that one time but that fury attacked me and put me in the hospital!" She couldn't help but laugh at her babbling. it was ridiculas.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 pm

"Yes." Sal quickly answered to her first question. "Being around anyone isn't 'fun' to me." He said to her next one. He knew he was being curt bordering on rude, but it was to tiring to act nice, and he'd have to do it later anyway. "You shouldn't say that you won't hurt someone unless you know what will hurt them." He said still walking, feeling a bit uncomfortable around another person.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 pm

She sighed gently tugging her beanie unto her head. "Then tell me what could hurt you!"She had never yelled at another person in her life, quickly as the words had left her mouth her hands were over her mouth. "I am so sorry...I never yell ever...Like ever...I'm sorry...I got frustrated...I just want to be your friend but you make it awfully hard...Tell me what could I possibly do to hurt you?"She asked now quietly and softly her face filled with concern still hiding the deep scar on her face, she refused to show how broken she was.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:56 am

As she yelled at him Sal stopped, stunned slightly. He felt no malice in it. As she spoke again calming down asking the same thing and trying to defend her out burst, he chuckled. "I realize that I can make being a friend to me difficult and for that I apologize, but how does one act toward a friend? I've never had any friends to learn that." He turned around so that his back was face her. " 'What will hurt you?' I have any idea how to list it all. I guess the easiest was is to say, 'Meet my expectation of the human race'."
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:05 am

Kari took another deep breath smiling lightly. She brushed her hair from her face finally showing the scar covering the face from her right temple to her right jawbone. She first decided to show she trusted him by showing her biggest insecurity. "Let's try this again shall we?" She grinned. "Kari Mckay it's wonderful to meet you."She pushed her hand forward again smiling at him brightly. She planned to make this work wether it killed her. She found Sal intriguing to her and she couldn't quite put her finger on it.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Sal let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his head with his left hand. "Very well Kari Mckay. I shall tempt fate again and trust in the human race as a whole." He said turning around and shaking her hand. "As a sign of good faith I shall do that which I have not done in near on two decades, formally introduce myself. I am Saltus Custos, the guardian of the forest. I suspect that I am a child of either Demeter or Pan. Although I can not be sure. Please only refer to me as Sal when others are around." As he introduced himself he did a sweeping bow toward Kari.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Kari giggled lightly curtseying. "Of course Sal...My only request is not to stare at the monstrous scar on my face....The price we pay."She whispered the last part a small smile forming, it was the price she paid for protecting her sister from the fury and it was the price she paid for leaving. Of course she hated it and it caused her most fatal flaw but it added character as the few friends she had called it. " You know the fact that all mankind is resting on me kinda worries me...I'm too jumpy for that...Or thats what my friends say..I'm mousey or something..personally I think I'm just insecure but hey I've been wrong before."She smiled lightly as she began to walk her combat boots crunching slightly in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Sal blinked as he talked. When she finished he began following her. "Scar? Oh you have a scar to?" He said as he walked a bit faster to see the scar on her cheek. "I didn't notice, I tend to not look at people's faces." He said disregarding the fact now, he'd treat it like his own, pretend it didn't exist. "It's not like I'ma blow up a major city if this fails or anything. I;ll just become a hermit or something that doesn't involve people." He said responding to the comment about all mankind resting on her. The mousy comment threw him of. "What's wrong with being timid? As long as you don't let it rule you it could probably be an endearing quality." He stated matter-of-factly. He put his hands behind his head, one thumb rubbing the indented edge of the scar on the back of his neck, without noticing.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Thats the problem it does affect me...I become to insecure in battles and they usually cost me a scratch or two..unless an ares kid is the one I battle against then it could be a broken arm or something."She laughed gently brushing hair from her face and tucking it under her beanie. "Hermits are pretty cool though...The whole I hate people thing works for them...But, you becoming a hermit would somehow bother me..I find you interesting."She replied casually stopping and letting herself fall back into the snow. She figured she'd lie here till morning then she'd return back to bed for a good portion of her day. She motioned for Sal to join her smiling brightly. "I haven't decided why yet though.."She whispered quietly so he could here her. She didn't like disturbing the peace that ensued around her at night. It just seemed unnatural.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 pm

"Then don't let it." Sal said bluntly walking around Kari to sit with his back to a tree. He drew his sword and stabbed it into the ground and set his shield next to it. "I actually like the idea of becoming a Hermit. The Hermit of Half-blood Forest. It has a nice ring to it." Sal said turning his eyes to the canopy above them. He moved his hand to his next, mildly wondering if she really believed him about his scar. She didn't comment, like most of the others did.
Back to top Go down
Rhea

Rhea

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Kari let out a small giggle. "It does have a ring to it but I still don't like that idea."She fell quiet into a comfortable silence. Of course her mind was reeling. After a few moments she spoke. "How did it happen."She whispered softly pressing her fingertips along her jaw bone where the end of her own scar was. She figured he would understand what he meant. Sal seemed quite intellegent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just hanging out...Literally   Just hanging out...Literally I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just hanging out...Literally
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The CHB Forest-
Jump to: