Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed] Empty
PostSubject: Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed]   Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Will Solace

Son of Apollo
Perfection's Flaws
A smiling ten year old walked the halls of Carterbury Elementary School, followed by a few of his friends. The boy wore a wide grin, as if he knew a secret that no one else could, or would ever, know. Hands in his pockets, he cracked jokes that even made some passers - by smile. It seemed like Will was perfectly comfortable in his school. Lies. Under a surface of smiles and laughter, he was hiding various lies. Twisted? No. Double - Sided? Possibly.

As Will continued his walk through the halls, he passed a kid by his locker. The boy looked about the demigod's age, but smaller and much more pale. "Oh, look who it is," the boy said, a his lips curling into a smile. "What do you want?" the kid asked softly, his voice barely more than a whisper. "Did you finish my homework, kid?" Will asked harshly, taking a large step closer to the boy. Gulping down his nerves, the student nodded. "Y-Yes... of course." he stuttered. The kids in Will's group laughed, a sound that would echo in his mind several years later. "Don't just stand there, give me it!" the demigod demanded, shoving the kid into the locker.

Hands shaking, the boy did as he was told. Out came an orange folder, containing all of Will's assignments. "H-Here it is..." Will took the folder swiftly, almost making the kid drop it. Briefly scanning it, he nodded. "Good job shrimp, no threats today." Will said with a laugh. His cronies laughed behind him as they began to walk past the scared boy. They were all giving him pats on the back, asking if they could copy his assignments during lunch. That was the old Will. The memories that would continue to mock him.

Will got home that day and lazily threw his backpack on the table, heading over to the fridge. Upon taking his usual snack, a go gurt tube and orange juice, he heard his mother. "William, can we talk for a moment?", she yelled from the second floor. "Sure Mom!" he replied, not upset by his mother's yelling. It was normal to yell down stairs. Slumping down on the recliner, he began to eat his snack. Soon, his mother was in view. Will had always loved his mother. From her dimples to the serene look on her face. It was a calming thing. "How was school honey?" she asked, smiling as usual. "Oh, fine," the demigod replied nonchalantly.

The woman took a seat in the conch across from her son. "Will, the school called me today," she said, her voice soft. The boy's eyebrows knit together as he replied, "What did they want?" His mother sighed and looked at her hands for a moment, as if looking for the proper word. "Honey, they say you've been bullying a kid in your class," she began, looking frail and older for a second. "That can't be right, Will," his mother said, looking up at him with her clear blue eyes. Will felt like he was swallowing a marble. No, they couldn't have found out. No one was supposed to know about that. "They must've made a mistake, Mom, I don't do that kind of stuff," the demigod assured her. His mother smiled and nodded, as if her son's words quickly relieved her. "Alright," she said softly, hugging him for a moment. "I didn't think you would've done that anyways,"

------------------

Now, he was standing in the Cabin Courtyard, awaiting his new girlfriend, Kelly. Will was 14, and had recently arrived at Camp Half Blood. He was pleased when his mother told him about his true father, and how he was a god. In his mind, now Will was a god. Overconfident and cocky. Upon arriving at the haven, he quickly pointed out several pretty girls; daughters of Aphrodite none the less. The idea of asking them out was pretty obvious to him, and he planned to see it through. His blonde hair was shining in the summer time sun, and his blue eyes darted around the cabin, looking for any sign of his red headed girl.

Soon enough she appeared out of Cabin Ten, looking beautiful as the sunrise. Will like comparing her to the sunrise, with her firey hair and all. "Hey Will!" she said brightly, taking his hand. The demigod felt a blush on his face, but smiled none the less. Kelly just had so much energy and it made him want to jump up and down too. "Hey Kel," he said softly, feeling like he just lost his voice. The boy didn't understand why this girl made him feel so nervous. It could've been her smile, or her firey red hair. Yeah, he liked her hair. "Where are we going Will?" she asked innocently. Will's mind froze. Where where they going? He hadn't really thought that through. "Er... I thought you could give me an official tour," the demigod said quickly, some of his words slurring together. Kelly giggled and nodded. "Sure," She then began tugging his hand along with her as she made her way down a path.

Kelly showed Will just about everything, making him realize how huge Camp Half Blood really was. There was a beach, a forest, an arena, and at least five common buildings. The place was amazing. While walking, the demigod couple was in the library. "This is the library, but no one really comes here 'cept the nerds," Kelly explained with a shrug. They were just about to head out when something, or someone rather, caught Will's eye. "No way," Will almost groaned, seeing the boy he had once bullied in elementary school. How could he be here? Kelly stopped, a puzzled look on her face. "Will, you okay?" she asked, her tone urging him to keep moving. Will nodded, but motioned for the girl to wait up. "I'll be right back, I promise," he said, breaking away from her hand.

"What on Earth are you doing?" part of him screamed. "You just left your hot girlfriend to visit a nerd! Doesn't that sound wrong Will?!" it continued, but the boy tried to ignore it. He quickened his pace and stopped in front of the kid's table, trying to remember his name. The boy didn't even pay attention to Will. "Er... hey. I'm Will Solace, and I think I've seen you before," he said quickly, wanting this to be over the second he said 'hey'. The other demigod looked up and instantly a look of fear glazed in his eyes. "Will.... S-Solace?" the kid breathed, not moving from his table. Will nodded, not surprised from the kid's reaction. "Yeah, but hey it's cool man, I'm not going to hurt you." the demigod said nonchalantly. The boy blinked and then frowned, as if he just gained some courage. "Well then, you can leave. I don't think you have anymore homework for me to do," he said coldly. Will's face twisted into a frown and he turned around, headed back to his beautiful girlfriend.

His face was hot with anger, and Kelly mustn't have noticed. "Alright then, let's keep going!" she said gleefully, grabbing his hand once more. Before they left the library, Will looked over his shoulder on more time, seeing the boy watching him leave. So much for a nice reunion...

------------------

It had been three years since he had arrived at Camp Half Blood, and they were at war. Now being head counselor of Cabin Seven, he felt a huge weight on his back as we lead his troops into battle. Quiver strung over his shoulder, they began to fight. Will heard yelling and screaming, from both sides. It was all a blur of armor and clashing swords, arrows flying in random directions. The demigods soon fell back to heal all of their campers. It had only seemed like a few minutes of fighting, but the wounds on all of the demigods proved otherwise.

Will usually loved healing campers, but tonight, it just made him sick. All of the dead demigods, and those who wouldn't be able to fight were overwhelming. After healing Annabeth, who had taken a dagger for Percy, he headed over to another cot. He felt a lump in his throat, seeing the boy from grade school lying there with a deep gash on his forehead. Will wasn't friends with the boy, but he knew his name. Simon. Poor Simon was dying, and guilt was biting on Will's soul. They boy he had always been threatened was dying. "W-Will... S-Solace..." Simon mumbled, opening his grey eyes at the demigod.

Will fell down to his knees and nodded. "Yes Sir," he said softly. The demigod couldn't explain how he felt so guilty for this event, and he wanted to do anything to help. "C-Can you fix it? One of your sisters said -" the boy coughed, which made Will paler than ever. "S-She said you could fix me up..." Simon finished, his eyes drooping, but he was very much alive for the time being. The demigod felt stupid. Of course he could help! "Right, you'll be okay Simon," he said quickly, beginning to pray to his father.

"Hey dad, I know your probably really super busy right now, but you should really help me out. You see, there's this guy named Simon who really needs your awesome healing powers. He kind has a big gash in his forehead and I think you could, ya know, help a bit? It would mean a lot, 'cuz, we really need soldiers right now, and uh, Simon is one of them. So please help....Please." Will thought, wishing he could charm speak his dad into healing Simon.

The next few seconds seemed to pass like hours, and the world seemed silent. Will's clear blue eyes were fixed on Simon, the patient whom he had done everything for. The demigod couldn't help but feel cold and dead, just like the soul laying sprawled out on the bed was. Somewhere in his heart, he knew that poor Simon was long gone. He might've been gone even before Will began the prayer to his father. A shadow seemed to loom his mind, and Will didn't remember how long he sat there. None the less, he sat, as if frozen in a memory.

------------------

Will sat on the edge of Zephyros Creek, his feet dangling in the glassy waters. It had been a month since the great Titan War, and the demigod felt more alone than ever. He hadn't ever cared much about others, but watching Simon die practically killed him. He felt like a shell, hollow and cold. Why was this bothering him? What happened to the carefree Apollo kid who dated Aphrodite girls every other week? Who taught Archery to young kids and loved how bright their faces would get when they hit the edge of the target? Who joked around in the Mess Hall, threatening to throw his carrots at the Ares Kids? It all seemed like it happened to someone else, and Will was just watching it all.

He looked at the sky, seeing a bright blazing sun shining through the thick foliage. Will almost instantly frowned, remembering how his father had failed to help in his time of need, the one time he had wanted his father to help. The demigod blinked and his gaze fell down to the grass as he plucked it from the damp ground. Some things won't change, and something told him Simon wasn't coming back. he would have to live with this forever. How had he let himself hurt the boy like that? Thoughts tearing at his emotions, the demigod sat in silence, thinking about the perfect kid who had a shadowed life. 'Will Solace, the boy who wasn't perfect.' he thought bitterly. What a title.

Words: 1,972
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed]   Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Perfection's Flaws; Finished as of October 12th, 2012, with 1972 words.
Back to top Go down

Perfection's Flaws [Will Solace Fanfiction; Completed]
Page 1 of 1