Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fanfiction Competition~

Go down 
+2
Prince Hawk
Kat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat
Experienced Poster
Kat

Fanfiction Competition~ Empty
PostSubject: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 am

Hello members of Camp Half Blood. The staff and I have come to the conclusion that it was time to have some fun and strike up some competition! Looking at how amazing everyone of you have come to Role-Play and how large your imaginations seem to be, we thought it was too brilliant an opportunity to pass up than to come up with a little challenge for all of you.

The challenge will consist of writing a short story, anywhere between 1,000 and 3,000 words long that is centered around a character in the Percy Jackson series. We chose a not so well known character for this weeks challenge to be able to see how far in depth you can go for this character in a short story. This week's character is Ethan Nakamura! You'll have two weeks to create a story about something he is involved with. You'll have to stay with the basic facts known about him, but what we don't know about him is up to you to create. Deepen his character and share with us something about him! Did he ever go on a quest? Was he ever in love with anyone? You tell us! At the end of the two weeks, there will be a weeklong period of reviewing. Don't forget that all site rules still apply to the writing submissions.

By the end of the week, your judging panel will have decided on their favorite story, and the author of that story will win a ~faaaabulous~ prize! The winner will be able to have the choice between an extra character slot or 1,000 drachmas. Your judges for this round consist of three lovely members of our staff: Rachie, Nico, and Zelly! A sub-forum listed under the Fan Fiction section will be made for your entries. Entries for the Ethan Nakamura must be sent in between August 1st and August 14th. The judges will have the winners posted by the 21st, a week after the competition has ended.

So, if you have that knack for writing fanfiction, or you really need the drachmas, or simply can't deny an oportunity to get into some competition, than submit your story in the contest! Give us all you've got! Blow us away with your talent! Remember to have fun, and Good Luck!

Sincerely Yours,
Tha Camp Half Blood Staff
Back to top Go down
http://welcometosanfran.tumblr.com/
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 am

OMG this is super cool, what an amazing idea. I am so totally in.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:03 am

As a resource for your story, you can look at this page: http://camphalfblood.wikia.com/wiki/Ethan_Nakamura

Good luck to all who enter! I can't wait to judge your entries :3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 am

...my, my, what perfect timing. xD

This is an epic idea btw. Kudos to you guys for organizing something like this! owob
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 am

I'll try, but i not sure if i'll win
Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 pm

U P D A T E

Entries for the contest should be posted in a new topic, made by the author, here.
Please make the title of the topic the title of your Fanfiction.
Thank you, good luck to all, and happy writing!
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

YEAAAHHH MANNNN.

As a side-note for admins and mods, remember: this competition is members only! Admins and mods cannot enter, as that may make for biased competition.

That's about it. Good luck! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Competition~   Fanfiction Competition~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction Competition~
Page 1 of 1