Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Superlatives!

Go down 
+3
Beanie
sapphire
Prince Hawk
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:00 am

I was thinking that, at the end of the year, we could have superlative awards. If you don't know, superlative awards are awards given to a person who shows a particular quality the most. These are awarded through a graphic, that can be placed in your signature. Sure, it sounds pretty basic, but they're a nice way to cap off the end of the year.

Assuming I'm still a moderator (or even just still a member), I'd be glad to orchestrate these awards, and make the graphics. I can do that stuff, you know. :3

How would these work? Well, firstly we'd decide on what we want our awards to be. Some examples are, most motherly / fatherly, the most active roleplayer, and most likely to leave just to take a shower. Then, we'd go through a voting process, which would be extremely complicated. Unless there was a temporary sub-forum for this, I'm not sure how easy it'd be. We'd have nominations, and, once the person is nominated, they're in the bag. We'd try to stop people nominating the same person twice.

Next, we have the voting process. After a period of maybe one, two weeks, we'd close it, and count the votes. The winners would be announced in a thread, and they'd get a magic graphic for it.

It wouldn't need to be at the end of the year, necessarily. Maybe half way through the year, or every six months. I don't know.

Erm, yeah. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:04 am

This idea has been brought up before, and i still think its a great idea. Im all for it.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 am

This is a great idea! It's been done in a community I've been part of before. I hope it can be implemented here too :D
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:37 am

It would bring a lot of compition to Camp, and probably would cause a lot of jealousy between members. As long as members can be judges too, so that way they KNOW that it won't be biased, I'm all for this idea. I can help if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 pm

I think this is a great idea. It would be really fun for the members to get awards and graphics. Just one thing I want to suggest is that instead of putting it in our siggys I think we should put it in our charrie topics. Unless these graphics will be small, then yeah we can put it in our siggys. But if they're gonna be kind of big then it would take up too much space. Also I think it would be fair if you only get one award because other members who did get one award and not one would complain that they got more awards then thy did. Other then all that this would be a great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Instead of graphics being placed in siggies, I guess they could also make it like the camp beads under the member's avatar. It could be some sort of a mini-medal or a colored ribbon - anything that's small enough.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, yeah, they could be placed anywhere. Once you'd recieve them, you could do whatever you want with them, really (except spam the chatbox with them). As for the avatar thing... If we did that, they'd be much smaller than I'd planned them to be, but it's certainly do-able.

As for the judges thing -- I don't know what you're talking about. I wouldn't be a judge, just a the master behind the strings. All voting is done by members, and I can make the poll anonymous. A rule can be made that you don't talk about it (like the moderator election) anywhere else on the forum (though we can't police PMs).

We can't really stop that kind of thing completely, but you can take steps to enforce it. I would hope, anyway, that our members wouldn't do something like that. It's meant to just be a fun way to end the year. If they start arguing, or getting jealous, they obviously can't understand that.

Another way we could do the nominations is by PM. If I was allowed to bend the rules, I could make another account called 'Event Bot,' or 'Superlatives Adiam,' that nominations are sent to. I'd go through them, and make a poll, to prevent people getting jealous over nominations. They could still get jealous over not being in the poll, and maybe not being voted for, but it'd prevent that for a while, while adding an aura of mystery. After, Event Bot could be used for other events.

The obvious issue with that system is that rules are meant to stay fixed, and really shouldn't be bended at any time. PM's could also be sent to me, and I could sort them out, but it'd get confusing with RP PMs also there. Or maybe email...

As you can tell, there are loads of options for this kind of thing. I probably wouldn't finalize anything yet, unless I get the greenlight to go forward.
Back to top Go down
Stevie

Stevie

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

I'll be absent from Camp Half blood until the 20th of December, but I'll try to make it here on time if we do end up doing this. It's a lovely idea, Zelly.
Back to top Go down
http://illuminahty.tumblr.com/

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, I was just looking at sizes, and I was thinking that, for each thing, I could make two: one for under avatars, and one for in your signature or whatever else you want to do with it. I made two extremely basic size mockups (the design inside them would be quite different) to show what I was thinking:

Superlatives! 3nuzl
For under avatars. I was thinking it might be a little thick, and I could shrink it down to 100x20. It would be a little hard to fit everything in for this, but possible with a small font.

Superlatives! QHTNs
And this for whatever people'd want to do with it.

Each thing would have '2012 Superlatives,' and then whatever they won. Again, to clarify: I have absolutely no permission to do this, but it is an idea I am serious about. I just made those little things to help show what I was thinking. I am extremely bored, and am already brainstorming what awards we could have. Some are OOC, some IC. I could provide a list...

Last edited by Zelly on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm

yeah a list would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Yes, as Hawk said, this idea has been brought up.

https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t8393-awards-anyone /punts everyone to skim over everyone's opinion

My view on this remains, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:24 am

Mine views are the same, too. As long as we can all pull together to make it happen, because I liked have in character and out of character awards. xD
Back to top Go down

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 am

Ah, well, I guess I should have looked first. Though, it never happened, so maybe it is time for a fresh attempt? I would like to see this through, if you let me. I just ask for, well, firstly, permission, and, secondly, your choice of system. I personally think the temporary subforum for it, and an 'Event Bot' account or email would make the process as efficient and productive as possible. With a subforum, the voting threads can be kept in one place, and it will make for easy clearing. Results would be posted in 'News and Updates,' and the subforum would from then on be terminated.

We could have up to fifty awards, but, for the sake of making things easier, I would think we have no more than twenty, and maybe only fifteen. Otherwise, it becomes too complicated to be an easy process. My ideas are:

• Most likely to invent something.
  • Fanciest Template
  • Most Helpful Member
  • Local Spammer
  • Most Dedicated RP'er
  • Most likely to leave for a shower.
  • Most likely to become Supreme Overlord of the World
  • Most dramatic plotlines
  • Largest Average Post
  • Most Active RP'er
  • Resident Historian
  • ChatBox Spammer
  • Most likely to be on at five in the morning.
  • Most likely to be found in the ChatBox
  • Old Bag
  • Most dramatic character history
  • Best character
  • Most likely to become a millionaire.
  • Most likely to make suggestions.

More could be added / things could be removed. Just a few ideas for it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Superlatives! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superlatives!   Superlatives! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superlatives!
Page 1 of 1