Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A change in the charrie form

Go down 
+6
➴ Katniss Everdeen
kenzie
dean
summer
Balisugar
Prince Hawk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

A change in the charrie form Empty
PostSubject: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:33 am

I think that we should change the lay out of the charrie forms, we should have some more topics in the form so more description of the charrie is available. Also perhaps we could combine all the non-human charrie forms into one, to make things neater and more compact.

The following form is used by DGA and has been very succesful, feel free to comment on changes or add more sections.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 am

Personally I like the current form. The only change I would make would be to make talents a separate section to powers. Honestly, I don't see the point in a history since Camp. It just doesn't make much sense to me. And I don't like it when the appearance section splits up. It makes it harder to fully describe a person's looks. So, overall, I don't agree with your idea. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 am

Well the history since camp might be helpful for others if your charrie has undergone some big changes, for example my charrie Jovan is now an alchoholic, so that is something i coul put under history since camp. As for the appearance i see what you mean, I could make it a simple paragraph section if needed.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:53 am

Actually it doesn't matter. Anyone can use the form here, or the one in DGA. We are free to add or remove stuff, and personalise it. The form template is given for members who have no idea what to do for their charrie sheets.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:37 am

I already hate creating character history now, why add another?
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 am

Lawl, Dean. IKR. But the only thing is that once I start, I can't exactly stop the flow of ideas I type.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:46 am

The character history is one of the most important parts of the form.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I think we should keep our form but, add in a couple spots that you have, Hawk. Like, sexuality is important.
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:39 pm

I personaly like our Charrie Form. I mean, if u wanna add sexuality, couldn't you put that in other? Or just add your own little thing for that? Because I have seen many many people edit the charrie form, so it's all a little different!
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Several people do edit it, but its just to make a generalized form and to have everything the staff want to know about the charrie listed on the form. Right now, i feel the form could use some more description. Things like sexuality, how long they have been at camp, and there likes and dislikes are all things that could be added.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I think Ditto put it best. If you want to use that form, you can, but I think our current form works just fine, and there really is no point in changing it. It would screw with everyone who has special form's things, and I think a lot of those extra sections are something you could put in your form without it being mandatory.

So no, I think we should just stick with our form.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I agree with everyone that our form works as it is. However, I think that having suggestions of things to put in the physical description and personality would be a good idea. Perhaps we could create a new topic titled "How to Create a Well-Rounded Character". The admin and mods, with the help of the members of course, could work together to create a balanced, detailed character with clear steps on how to create one of your own.
And we could use some of the things Hawk added in his character form. Like height, weight, sexuality, birth place, and other things we deem important, but have yet to list anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

No, that's what the plotting forum is for. The plotting forum is for shippers, and shippers are for character development.

Our form is fine as it is. Changing it would mean writing more, and honestly, I think people are already pretty lazy with character forms. Myself included.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Personally, I like that physical appearance isn't broken down into groups. I feel like I can write more. If we have it the way it is on DGA, people would just be: 'EYES: Blue.' ANd I honestly, don't really like that much.And with personality, you can include all of that stuff in the personality part of the form. So, I'd say no to the new form.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 pm

How are histories so important? I never saw it. I just make tiny quick ones xD
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 pm

I think we should do what Angel said, How to Create a Well Rounded Character, because that would help out a lot of people, and as for the excuse of being lazy, maybe we need to encourage members to do a little more. The one thing i think should be on the charrie form is sexuality, because i personally dont really like asking the member if there charrie is gay, because it has often caused trouble in the chat box, so having that on the form would really make it easier.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Deanasaur wrote:
How are histories so important? I never saw it. I just make tiny quick ones xD

lol, I just do four paragraphs: birth, early childhood, preteen/early teen/ teen/present time
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm fine with adding sexuality. I have a separate form where I state it, but I'd be willing to add it to the legit forum template,

Unless people have real reservations about it, in which case I say we don't add it.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm

It isn't really something that should have reservations... This will also let people know that we're fine with them exploring various sexualities in their characters. I'm fine with adding it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A change in the charrie form   A change in the charrie form I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A change in the charrie form
Page 1 of 1