Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Parker-17

Parker-17

Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) Empty
PostSubject: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:07 am

The streets were unusually quiet. Especially for a sunday morning. There was barely anyone on the street and cars trickled down the road at a leisurely pace. The sun was shining and a cool breeze blew down the streets. This was were Parker walked. Her sandals making little sound on the pavement beneath her. Her hair blew casually side to side with the wind. Ahead of her a small group of, two or three girls walked down the street. She passed them without any hesitation, they were behind her now but one turned to look at her. Parker ignored this girl as she strode down the street, the girl followed, she knew something was wrong now. Parker rounded the corner into an alleyway, she stood casually with her back against the wall. Sarah's chest rose and fell, she moved further down the alley, taking a hiding place behind a dumpster, the girl didn't appear and not five minutes later Parker strode forth back into the alleyway. She brushed herself down, peered out of the alley and continued on her way.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 am

Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) LeightonBanner1

So I was on my own. Not that big of a problem. And the fact that my credit card was almost burning a hole through my pocket meant that I couldn't care less was I on my own, or with a circus of people.
But then of course I noticed a girl follow someone who I vaguely knew from somewhere. The girl disappeared down an alley, and re-appeared a moment later.
Against what my mind was telling me, I ran to catch up with her. It wouldn't have been easy for someone else, but I had plenty of practice. I was wearing red leather pants, with a black tube top that showed of my thin stomach. My shoes were black stilettos. And my eyes were lined with black eye-shadow and black eyeliner that had little flecks of silver in it. My long dark hair bounced as I ran, the curls falling into my face. Apart from that, I was wearing no other make-up. The heat in the city would have bothered other people, especially if they were in leather pants, but I was used to it. It was the price to pay for beauty.
'Excuse me? Miss? Are you alright?' I called, stopping when I was in front of her.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 am

Parker would have jumped. She would have been surprised had she not heard the new girl aproaching. The young woman turned slowly to face the girl. She swallowed slightly, her eyes looking her up and down either apraising her or inspecting her to figure out if she were a threat. Not one to be rude, Parker planted her hands togethor and gave the girl a small, but polite bow. She would then reply to the girl question "yes...yes Miss I am perfectly fine thank you for your concern." Parker says, turning to continue on her way.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 am

'Wait! Don't I know you from somewhere?' I asked, grabbing her arm.
I didn't usually do this. But it would bug me all day. I needed to know who she was.
For a moment, I thought about Camp. Had I seen her there before? No. She wasn't from Camp. Maybe on one of my shopping sprees. Or it could have been because she reminded me of a monster. But I stomped on that idea. She seemed like no threat. Hell, she had bowed to me. Monsters didn't usually bow. It was more, crush, kill, destroy. Find a demigod, kill the demigod. A pretty normal pattern.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 am

Parker stopped in her tracks, turning to look at the girl who held her arm. "It's quite possible, you could have seen me around...Or we could have spoken before." The young woman looked the girl over, her lips forming asmall smile "though I am sure I would remember speaking to you miss." Sarah thought for a moment and looked into the girls eyes "perhaps we went to...summer camp togethor a long time ago." Sarah brought her free hand around and gently the girls hand from her arm, she sighed holding her hand at least while the conversation lasted.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 am

I smiled.
'.. Summer Camp? As in... The one that is on right now?' I laughed.
I could have said something smarter. I almost gave the whole thing away. If this girl was a mortal, I had probably just gave her a major clue.
'My name is Vivien Emma Elizabeth,' I introduced myself, still smiling.
I thought I should introduce myself. I had just stopped her in the street.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 am

Parker shrugged casually, she still kept a slight grip on Vivien's hand. "Well that is a lovely name Miss Elizabeth...Sincce you introduced yourself I shall introduce Myself...My name is Sarah Parker." Parker says, then lets go of her hand after giving it a quick shake. Parker nodded slowly, her lips pressed togethor in thought "Summer Camp, right." Parker says giving the girl a small wink before turning to continue down the street, "It was nice meeting you Miss Elizabeth."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:56 am

I did know the girl. And that coupled with the knowing glance she had shot me, I knew. She was at Camp
'Wait Sarah? Would you like to go for a coffee? We could discuss Summer Camp,' I smiled, laughing lightly.
As it happened there was a coffee shop just across the street. A Starbucks. The white and green logo caught my eye ages ago. I had been planning to go anyway, so why not invite the girl? It would mean I wasn't on my own anymore.
'I'll pay?' I said, a twinkle in my eye, as I raised my left eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:01 am

"That's very nice Miss Elizabeth....I shall acompany you and there is no need to pay I shall pay for myself." Parker says, her lips curved in a pleasent smile. She giggled musicly, beginning to stoll down the street her arms swinging back and forth. Sarah hummed softly to herself, making sure the girl was with her as she crossed the street, keeping a little ahead of the girl, her hips swaying from side to side as she walked. Her right hand covering her navel.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 am

As we walked into the shop, I was blasted by the cool air coming from a roof fan. That was when I actually realized how hot it was.
Sitting down, I smiled at Sarah.
'You're a formal old girl aren't you? Please, call me Viv. I prefer that,' I laughed.
There were so many people in here. Girls with their boyfriends. Girls with their friends. Boys with their girlfriends. Boys with their friends.
'You go to Camp,' I said, stating instead of asking, 'May I ask, who's you're parent? How long have you been at Camp?' it all seemed almost bossy the way I said it.
But two demigods were gonna send out so much of our demigodly smell that we were like a Friday night take out for a monster. It would help if I knew she could fight if it came to it.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:26 am

Parker sat opposite Vivien, she rested her arms on the table before her and studied the girl with some curiosity. She shook her head slowly "Well Viv, your a cute girl aren't you?" Parker giggled softly to herself, her glossy pink lips pursed in thought. Parker hummed softly to herself watching her with curiosity, beneath the table she slipped off her sandals. Sarah blinked slightly "well I am a daughter of Hecate." The young woman giggled softly to herself briefly folding her legs, then unfolding them and pressing the soles of her feet against the floor.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 am

My face broke into another grin.
'You're not so bad yourself Sarah. Curvy, nice hair, I'm surprised that I didn't find six boys hanging off you,' I chuckled.
The news she was a Daughter of Hecate made me nod. I knew a Daughter of Hecate. Kendra Lehane. She might be a kind looking girl, but Kendra held her own in any fight.
'Cool. Not been claimed myself. Hoping for someone cool. Like Hecate,' I nodded to her, 'Maybe Iris or something. So. I know why I'm out on the city. How about you?' I lent forward on the table, propping my head onto my two hands.
Sarah seemed nice. Not that strange compared to others I had met. A bit formal, but a girl could deal with that when the person in question was pretty nice. I remembered why I had caught up with her in the first place.
'Wait. You went down an alley. What were you hiding from?'
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 am

"Well...if you must know I was hiding from someone I believed to be an Empusa." Parker giggles slightly, running a hand through her hair "oh...yeah I have had...a couple of boys after me before now....but I don't think they were my type...or species." Parker giggles musicl, she moves her feet about slightly, gently resting them on Viv's own feet. Sarah, folded her arms on the table and leaned in closer to Viv. The way both girls were leaning, there noses would almost be touching. Parker didn't seem to mind or notice, gently tapping her right foot on Viv's foot. Sarah giggled musicly, looking into the girls eyes "well what about you...a lovely smile a nive personality...how come your not with anyone?" Parker giggled softly to herself, she was so close to the girl, she leaned in just that little bit closer, so the tip of her nose touched the tip of Viviens nose. Then without warning, perhaps in the heat of the moment, perhaps from impulse, whatever it didn't matter. Without warning Sarah leaned in close, moving to press her lips aginst Vivians.

Last edited by Parker-17 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 am

That made me laugh. Honestly and truly laugh. Me? With a boy?
'None of the boys at Camp really understand me. They are all to wrapped up in the killing and maiming,' I smiled kindly.
The fact that her foot was tapping against mine didn't bother me. I was straight, but I flirted. A lot.
'If you like, we could go find that girl. See if she's a empusa,' that idea made me bounce slightly in my chair. It would make the day a little more interesting. But another part of me wanted to stay here, in the safety of the coffee shop.
A lady walked up to us, and pursed her lips.
'What can I get you?' she said in a heavy Irish brogue.
'I'll just have a cafe mocha please,' I said, batting my eyelashes at her.
The lady nodded, Anne it said on her badge, and turned to Sarah.
'You?' she asked, almost bored looking.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 am

"Yeah...sounds like that could make the day more interesting." Parker says, responding to the statement about finding the girl. It took her a moment or two to register the woman was speaking to her. She looked up at the woman, Anne. A small sigh escaped her lips "well if you please Miss I will have the same as her...thank you." Her lips were curved in a small smile and she gave the woman a polite bow. Sarah retracted her feet to rest under her seat. She pulled herself back and let a small sigh "you know your quite the flirt" she says, pointing a finger almost accusingly at Vivian.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 am

I laughed.
'Wheres the fun not being a flirt? You get what you need, what you want,' that all sounded like I was a user, so I added, 'Then there's the natural fun in watching the boys pant over you.'
The woman returned with our caffeine drinks, and set them on the table, rather hard.
'Excuse me? We're paying for nice service. So could you like, serve us nicely?' I snapped at her, forgetting my manners.
This girl was annoying me. In some shops, I got served with respect, especially when they saw the flash of the credit card that I owned. But some were just pigs. Usually, I loved Starbucks. But this girl was starting to change my mind about that. There was just something... menacing about her. She seemed...different.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 am

Parker shook her head "perhaps she's having a bad day." The girl giggled slightly, taking a sip of her coffee, she mmmed slightly, taking out a small wad of dollar's and setting two or three on the table. She pushed herself to her feet, "I'm gonna erm, go to the toilet I'll be back in five or ten minutes." Parker says, stretching her arms slightly, she made her way from the table, casting a glance over at Anna and gave her a pleasent smile. Sarah sighed, she remained barefoot on purpose, pushing her way into the woman's bathroom, which was surprisingly empty.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 am

I smiled, and put a few notes on the table. Someone could gather them when they came. That was when I noticed the lingering smell of freshly cleaned horse and something that might have been Jasmine.
A crease forming between my eyebrows, I looked up from my coffee, and checked out all the people in the cafe again.
A boy holding his girlfriends hand. A old woman reading a book. Fifty Shades of Grey. I shuddered at that one. No respectable Grandma should be reading that book in a public place. It was just wrong. Moving on. A girl listening to her Ipod.
Strangely, I was drawn to look at Anne. She was standing, watching me. Almost as if she was making sure I wasn't going to move like Sarah did.
Then she walked, and opened up the woman's toilets. Crap.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 am

Hands pressed in water, she drew them to her face. The cool liquid ran down her cheeks and dripped into the sink below. Her ears twitched, she heard someone enter the bathroom, the door swung open and shut with a click, something Parker found odd as it hadn't done such a thing when she'd closed it. Sarah turned to face the arrival and was mildly surprised to see Anne, in the room with her, she scratched the back of her head slightly and took a step away from her. Her eyes looked the girl over, to her she looked just like an ordinary teenaged woman, with a skirt and sensible shoes and nice smooth legs. Parker looked back up and met her in the eye, she cupped her hands togethor and spoke "oh...hello miss you surprised me."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 am

I jumped up, as if tapered, and a few mortals looked at me curiously. With a strained smile, I half-ran, half-walked to the bathroom door.
Hearing no commotion inside, I almost wanted to go back to my seat. I could be imagining what my guts were telling me. But my instincts told me I was on the right track.
Pulling my two knives from holsters on my calves, that I had only gotten today, I pushed open the door, rushing in.
Looking between Sarah and Anne, I was actually sure I had over-reacted.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 am

Parker almost jumped out of her skin, she strode around to stand by Anne's side. She was surprised by Viv's sudden burst into the room. She shook her head slowly "Viv, what are you doing it's perfectly fine in here...you don't need your weapons besides I can handle myself." Parker giggled musicly, shaking her head slowly giving her a pleasent wink, it looked like everything was fine, everything seemed to be quite normal to Parker, she believed the girl had just jumped to conclusions and overreacted.

(Sorry if I got this wrong...but weren't you the one controlling 'Anne')
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:01 am

My eyes widened that Sarah had simply stood beside Anne.
'Well em...I was...you know, I think I'll just...leave,' I stuttered, already on my way out the door.
But something made me take a second look at the picture.
Anne. Her strange Jasmine and horse smell. The way she had been so mean, and cruel. How she had watched me, and when she thought I wasn't going to follow she followed Sarah. And all of that added up to one thing in my head. Monster. I turned in time to see what we were really supposed to be looking at.

[Anne - Empusa]

I smiled haughtily and congratulated myself. Two demigods. One, if she wasn't mistaken a daughter of her master, Hecate. So she was off limits. But the one who I could smell the sea off, well she was fair game.
Forgetting my mortal guise, I let out my true nature. The pale, pale skin, glowing red eyes and sharp, rock hard teeth. The legs were unfortunate, half donkey and half bronze, but that was a small matter compared to the fact that I could do whatever I wanted.
'My dear Sarah, don't make this any harder than it needs to be. You're mother wouldn't want me to hurt you,' I cooed, my flame hair flickering.
'Sarah! I knew it! I knew it!' the meddlesome little girl shouted, baring her knives.
But before she could even react, I kicked her straight in the stomach, and the girl, Viv reeled, falling backwards.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 am

Parker watched Viv skid across the ground, she watched her with much curiosity. Parker didn't know why, but as she noticed the girl had dropped her weapons, the two daggers, Parker quickly scooped them up. She stepped back, so her back was pressed against the sink. Sarah's eyes looked Vivian over, if she didn't do something the girl would surely die at the hands of the empousa. parker stepped forward towards Anne. Parker raised the knives to her as though she were going to attack, but she was hesitant she almost didn't want to attack, to fight this girl. Her hands were trembling and she edged closer to the empousa, before she moved back to press her bare foot against Vivians stomach, pinning her to the ground "So...Sorry."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 am

My head pounded, but the one thing I was sure of was that there was no help coming from Sarah. Instead of asking why, or even being shocked, I could almost understand. The empusa was following Hecate. And Hecate was Sarah's mom.
I shook away the fog filling my head, and stared up at the girl I had started to like.
'So.Alliances never last long do they?' I retorted, ignoring the apology.
Analysing the situation, I checked out the bathroom for a second. Sarah had my knives. Anne was smiling with contempt, thinking she had won. I was beside the door, Sarah's foot holding me down. And there was a way of winning. Always.

[Anne - Empusa]

The whole thing made me want to laugh. Stupid child. Daughter of some minor nymph or something. She almost had me worried. I had heard of what children of Poseidon were like.
'Good girl Sarah. She wouldn't have won in a fight anyway,' I said, advancing on the two of them.
I would be rewarded by Hecate for this. It would have been so easy to hurt Sarah too. But I had shown restraint. My 1543 years had paid off.
But nothing was set in stone.
Vivienne grabbed Sarah's leg, pulling it from under her. Not stopping to see did she topple the girl, Vivienne rolled, stood, and smiled at me.
'My turn,' she said, and before I could say anything, she kicked me hard in the stomach.
Leaning, and grabbing her knives that had tumbled, she stood straight and laughed coldly.
'Stop! You're not supposed to do this,' I cried, lunging at her, and catching her leather pants.
She stared incredulously at the tear, and glared at me.
'They cost me 400 dollars on sale! You so have to pay for them.'
'Stupid child,' I screamed, and backed away, hoping for Sarah to help in some way.
Back to top Go down
Parker-17

Parker-17

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:47 am

Everything seemed to happen so fast, she was pushed back. Parker stumbled, but thankfully the wall broke her fall. Parker frowned as the knives were taken away, she let them go, almost as though she wanted Vivian to win, after all her words had hurt her. Parker pushed herself away from the wall and stood, watching the events as they unfolded. When it seemed the empousa was losing, that was when she reacted. Behind the girl, she summonded her gladius.
Parker rushed forward as though she were aiming to attack the Empousa, but instead she brought the gladius around, swung it at Viv. Parker didn't aim to kill her, just to press the cool metal of the blade against her neck, so as to 'encourage' her not to resist. Parker's lips were curvd in a grin, for now she would simply keep the girls attention focused on her and the blade. Parker, let a small sigh escape her lips and shook her head..."you...Empousa...I mean Anne...you work for my mother right?...does that mean you would also work for me should I offer a good enough price?" Parker gave Viv a look that she hoped conveyed her message 'please don't move.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)   Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet New York Day....Not Anymore(Angelus)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next