Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The History

Go down 
+3
Gazimu
Sniggle
FudgeeBear
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

The History Empty
PostSubject: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am

History. We all know that CHB is a wonderful site. I just wanted to know the history of CHB. Just, like, the background? Couple of things like that? The newspaper can make a section like that--like, every weekend there's gonna be a section where a piece of history of the site was presented.

Yeah, like that. I don't know, but I'm very interested. C:
-Fudge
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:12 pm

I think it might be cool for the newspaper to do something like this. The problem is, very few of the older members are still on, so getting the full story might be difficult. Plus, if fights happened(I know a few have), and you talk to a person from the fight, the sides of history will be biased, etc. etc. A perfectly kind member could be portrayed as awful, and that's how it would be taught to the newer members. So, if you can find a way to get a history that is accurate and everyone can agree on, then certainly! I'd love to hear it as well. I'm just not sure how that'd be possible. P: It would make for a cool newspaper article, though. Hopefully one of the members sees this.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm

I'd help, but I'm biased towards a couple of members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 am

It sure would C: But yeah, it would be hard... /thinks, thinks. I hope this can happen .-. /thinks for the better way...
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Gazimu wrote:
And against. :P
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Ninja Poet wrote:
Gazimu wrote:
/hides

But if the newspaper wants to do that, then it sounds great! Except, like Sniggle said, when they talk about the fights, old flames are likely to start again . . . I'd say exclude the fights, but they're a big part of our history, so people might get upset if we do.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Nico wrote:
Ninja Poet wrote:
Gazimu wrote:
/hides

But if the newspaper wants to do that, then it sounds great! Except, like Sniggle said, when they talk about the fights, old flames are likely to start again . . . I'd say exclude the fights, but they're a big part of our history, so people might get upset if we do.

That wasn't directed at you Nico... other people have annoyed me lately :/

Anyways, you could always just have a Neutral party do the fights if you wanted them included in it, and then you can still have oldies who were involved do other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Or we could just not go into detail about the fightsn :3
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Perhaps before publishing a piece of negative yet important history, we could get a few people with different views to proofread it or something, so as to be sure we get the most unbiased piece of writing? x3 Maybe those who were directly involved in the incidents, and are still actively here.

Like in newspapers, we can't be biased against anything or anyone. If we can write an article like those in real newspapers, it shouldn't invoke any aggression. And the most important thing, is that we should just keep calm and have an open-minded attitude when writing and discussing it.

Stuff has happened a long time ago, and there's no point in getting heated emotions over it all over again. There's really no point, since what we want here is to educate newer members so as not to repeat the mistakes again.

I sound like some lecture teacher. HAHA.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Well, I just have question. I'm wasting my 500th post here!

How are the fights resolved, anyway? Did a side won, or just a peacemaker came out and controlled the situation, or the fights just dissolved? /I'm thinking of something

Well, is a side won, we could do like in History Books.
If a peacemaker came out, then he or she would get the emphasis on the fight, and not the war detail.
If the fight just dissolved... /head aches.

So how oh how, delilah?
-Fudge
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 pm

The fights disolved, Katie(Sno) was booted from the Admins group, I became hated by staff, most of staff became disliked by me, and its basically unresolved to this day, and will likely stay that way.

Oh and the sides were basically:

Staff/Most CHB members

Versus

Me, Katie(Sno), Most of the legends back then, a few CHB members
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 am

Ditto~ wrote:
Perhaps before publishing a piece of negative yet important history, we could get a few people with different views to proofread it or something, so as to be sure we get the most unbiased piece of writing? x3 Maybe those who were directly involved in the incidents, and are still actively here. It seems to me there's already a negative bias on it by the way you phrased the question. It needs to be more than just a single news article. There's so much history to this site that I have recorded and written down that I just never shared several months ago when I was coming up on my two year anniversary. I have no qualms about sharing who said what, when, and why. Plenty of us who were involved are still here. And you can sometimes notice when they touch upon certain issues it is frowned upon by certain members of staff.

Like in newspapers, we can't be biased against anything or anyone. If we can write an article like those in real newspapers, it shouldn't invoke any aggression. And the most important thing, is that we should just keep calm and have an open-minded attitude when writing and discussing it.
I don't think there's a way to spin this issue without invoking aggression and hurt, and pain. I've already written my version of both major incidents I was involved in. I still have PMs sitting in my Inbox from another site, from Inan, from Max, from Panda. I have e-mails I could touch upon between myself and staff members. There hasn't been any lack to record the information. There's been a lack of motive to bring any sort of actual closure to the issue.

Stuff has happened a long time ago, and there's no point in getting heated emotions over it all over again. There's really no point, since what we want here is to educate newer members so as not to repeat the mistakes again.
Newer members, unless they resemble my counterpart Ms. Firebird, then they won't be getting into any sort of issues. Personalities, and friendships easily get caught into the heat and pain of what was said and done. Does it hurt? Yes it does. Do I have any more to lose? No I don't. I'm comfortable saying whatever I feel like needs to be said because I don't care that much anymore. I've tried that before and I was scolded upon, booted, and then hung up to dry. No! I'm not going there again.

I sound like some lecture teacher. HAHA.
Nah you sound like me when I write informal essays.

FudgeeBear wrote:
Well, I just have question. I'm wasting my 500th post here!
I wouldn't say it's a waste to care. Maybe for the 1000th or 10,000th post.
How are the fights resolved, anyway? Did a side won, or just a peacemaker came out and controlled the situation, or the fights just dissolved? /I'm thinking of something
Easy, they didn't resolve. As they stand now with my recorded correspondence and recent actions. I can safely assume I know who is friend and foe. Back when it was all going down. I chose my loyalties based on who understood my side of the argument.

Well, is a side won, we could do like in History Books.
If a peacemaker came out, then he or she would get the emphasis on the fight, and not the war detail.
If the fight just dissolved... /head aches.
Sure, there were people trying to be peacemakers, many of those people I showed my entire collected information stash. I showed them saved PMs, I showed them everything I had to show no matter what light they put me in. Some agreed I had been pooped on. Some stayed neutral. I don't remember there being a peacemaker who was outright upset with me for the things I had done.

So how oh how, delilah?
-Fudge

There's more for me to write, but I still don't have the springboard I want. So, pass.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:13 am

Ah, sorry, Snolanda :3 For me, it was a turning point, because now I can have my Big Three character :D

And, uh, like... I don't know what to say. :/ (I'm just thirteen...)

It didn't get resolved? Well, that's something. No one can be a judge about this, so I do not know what to do.

First thing, let's put it like in a timeline. Do you get it? That's what I've been saying in the first post. Mark the start of the fight, explain how it started, getting the Point of View of the two sides (like [insert name]'s PoV from one side, and [insert name]'s PoV from the other side). That's no bias, isn't it?

And then the body would continue, involving interviews from both sides.

The end would be like, the truth, like --if it's true- what Gazimu had written down. The aftermath was these days.
^Just an example.

ffffuuuuuu
Oh, fine. Since there's a lot of problems, I gave up. Maybe some other time :)
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

FudgeeBear wrote:
Mark the start of the fight, explain how it started, getting the Point of View of the two sides (like [insert name]'s PoV from one side, and [insert name]'s PoV from the other side). That's no bias, isn't it?

And then the body would continue, involving interviews from both sides.

Technically thats two Biased stories that contradict each other, but I suppose it would balance out somehow.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 am

Yes, it would :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The History Empty
PostSubject: Re: The History   The History I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The History
Page 1 of 1