Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Social Media Takeover

Go down 
+11
Charlie
kenzie
firelord zuko
Zan
cher
Sniggle
Pip
Beanie
selene
Sammeh
Angel
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Social Media Takeover Empty
PostSubject: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:52 am

Have you ever just wanted to have a bright and breezy conversation between characters but you didn't feel like typing out paragraphs to do it? Typing up a nice long post is great. It keeps the mind sharp and the writing skills improved, but what about those chatting needs? Sometimes I'll not make a topic and just "pretend" that the conversation happened because it's too simple of a question to make a full out topic. Well, I have a suggestion as to how we can fix this. It is a thing called In Character Chat, or ICC.

Many sites, including tumblr rp's, have adopted ICC. They still have their literate roleplaying, but they also have a place where people can go as their characters, chat, and make light conversation with their friends and peers. Now how do we do this you ask? Well here's my suggestion:

We invade the social media sites. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc will become wrought with accounts for our characters. We take our characters and have them make an account on one of the social sites listed above. While on these accounts, we would be playing them being social. We could add campers as friends on facebook, follow your cabin leader on twitter, and reblog something from your half-sibling on tumblr. It would be a lot of maintaing, though. We'd all have multiple accounts that we'd have to keep track of. Of course it would be optional. You could choose to give every character a facebook/twitter/tumblr, or you could just pick one or two, or you could have none.
It would also require a group of people, a new moderator group perhaps, that would be in charge of making sure that people don't just chat. We don't want our lovely, literate site to become something where the members just chat in character. You'd be required, if you are updating your social media account(s), to also have some sort of roleplay going. The admin can figure out requirements.

Despite the fact that this would be a lot of work, I think it's a good idea. We've become such a rut, just like all the other PJO rp sites. We have a wonderful site here. It's full of friendly people and we have a great thing going, but I think that this will set us apart from the others. I think that this will add a whole new level to our site.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,
Angel.

I take no credit for this idea. It has been done on other sites and has been mentioned by our own members in the past.

Last edited by Angel on Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Sammeh

Sammeh

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:55 am

I second this! xD

And I believe emails should be the PM system of this. Heheh xD

But yes, I think this is an absolutely awesome idea xD
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:56 am

Angel you just summed up everything. Another suggestion I have is cbox.com where its like a group chat many people use for ICC.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:57 am

This sounds awesome! The only problem is, to have facebooks for all our characters, we would have to have 3 billion emails. My only concern. Other than that, it sound like fun
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:10 pm

I like this idea! It'd be really cool for my characters to actually have facebook pages. I'd probably only make two (Jake and Jesse) cause they'd be the only one's to have a facebook page.
It'd be hard for me, though, cause I hate facebook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't know about you, but I'm going to go ahead and make one. This is going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Chatplay? Chatplay is always fun. \owo/
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I made a tumblr. If anyone wants to join the tumblr. And guys, we don't need to make facebook accounts, we can just make pages.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Oh. Your right. Facebook would be fun though. I'll join it!
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 am

That's it. Will's getting a twitter.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll Make a twitter for some of my characters.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 pm

What about Hotmail and stuff? Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 am

Like.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm just going to go look for tumblr stuff and finally join this. xD
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm

I might do a tumblr? not that anyone cares, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Is this even legal...?
Back to top Go down
Orel

Orel

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 pm

having multiple facebook accounts?
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Hahaha, yes. Hahaha.

There a tons of just Facebook rp groups. Tons. And tumblr is probably half rp, and twitter is the same as Facebook, haha. It's legal. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Media Takeover   Social Media Takeover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social Media Takeover
Page 1 of 1