Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maybe

Maybe

The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 am

Listen walked slowly up the hill, looking over her shoulder every few steps. There was duct tape wrapped around a gash on her left arm. She was carrying a small orange back-pack and kept reaching back to touch it, as if reassuring herself it was still there.
She looked out at the camp with a sense of relief. Finally, a place where "Helen the Herpetologist" the dracaena who had followed her from Canada to here, couldn't find her.
Listen brushed her hair out of her eyes and sat down, pulling some chips out of her bag and absent-mindedly ate a couple. What next? She thought.

Last edited by Hyllia on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ouroboros

Ouroboros

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Kainoa Salias sat on the side of Half Blood Hill facing camp, his wet black hair dripping salty ocean water and flecks of sand over the thin layer of gauze wrapped firmly around his head and into light green eyes. The Hawaiian teen's surfboard lay beside him with his flipflops, letting his bare feet feel the softened green grass below them; slick with the seawater from his swimming trunks.

He had, obviously, just come back from the beach. Though, judging by the bandages, he probably shouldn't even have been at the beach in the first place, let alone surfing.

The sound of crunching leaves and semi-heavy footfalls caught his attention, and the cynical teen's head whipped around so fast that it would have given anyone else whiplash.

It was only when he decided that the little girl with the makeshift bandages on her arm was most likely just a new camper that he relaxed. "So," he started, turning back around and leaning on his arms, "you're a newcomer, then?"

((Welcome to CHB, comrade~ ^^))
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2852411/0m3gas_Z3r0
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Listen jumped when she heard the boy speak; the only person who had talked to her for a while had been the monster she had been running from and a bus driver or two. Even so, she ignored his question. "This is Camp Half-Blood, right?" She asked, stuffing her snack into the bag and standing. "I'm a little lost."
Back to top Go down
Ouroboros

Ouroboros

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Kain arched one thin eyebrow, but brushed off her lack-of response with a shrug. "No," he replied sarcastically, "this isn't Camp Halfblood. This is where us crazy people come to learn to ride magical flying unicorns and eat blue strawberries and beat the crap out of each other." The Hawaiian rolled his eyes, pausing a moment to turn his back to her and look at the mountains in the distant, 'Upstate' area of New York. Quietly, he continued speaking, this time with less of a bite to his words. "Yes, I would assume that it's Camp. Unless the councellors have been lying to me ever since I got back from my quest a few days ago..."
Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Listen snorted with laughter. "Sarcasm is NOT funny." She said to his back, as she crossed her arms across her chest. "I guess the quest would explain...that." She gestured to his gauze. Listen had almost said something about a mummy, but she didn't want to make an enemy on her first day. "And if you're done insulting the newbie, can you get me some help or show me around or something? I mean, if you're done eating blue strawberries and riding unicorns."
Back to top Go down
Ouroboros

Ouroboros

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 pm

"Sorry, I'm fluent in Sarcasm and sometimes I forget that other people don't speak it," Kain muttered, smothering a smile.

At her next comment, he only hummed in response. He would have said, 'No way, I never would have guessed!' but he held his tongue. He didn't want her to hate him and develop a bad image of camp, did he? Nope, not at all...

"Hmm... Yes, I think I'm through." Kain grabbed his board and stood in one fluent motion, rolling his shoulders back as he slipped on his flipflops. Then he turned to the younger girl - whom he still hadn't learned the name of, he realised - and jerked his head towards the Big House. "Well, are ya' coming? Camp's not going to show you around itself, you know."
Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm

"I speak sarcasm too, y'know," Listen said, a bit testily. Conversations like this normally ended in a fist fight. Listen normally won, but the boy was armed with a surfboard, and the odds were not in her favour. "And if the camp could show me around, I would be doing that now. Guess I've got no choice." She sighed dramatically, smiled and followed.
(OOC: Do you want to start a new thread?)
Back to top Go down
Ouroboros

Ouroboros

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Rolling his eyes, Kain walked liesurely down the hill and stood at the base, looking out over the strawberry fields expanding in front of him. The nearly overwhelming scent of the berries assaulted his senses, causing the olive-eyed teen to wrinkle his nose slightly.

He spun around, executing a perfect military 'About-Face', and stared into the newbie's eyes - a few inches below his own. "Alright, let's start. Welcome to Camp Halfblood." He grinned wildly and, turning back around, parted the strawberry bushes with his board to reveal a path.

Finally, he glanced back at her and bowed deeply. "After you, Milady."

((Sure. Who should start it? You or I?))
Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

Eyebrows raised and smirking, Listen walked through the path in the field. The strawberries smelled really good, so she ate a couple on the way by. She had been eating cheap junk food out of Seven-Elevens, so the berries were better than they would normally be.

She decided to refer to her guide as Boy, at least in her head. Listen was stubbornly refusing to ask Boy his name, even if that was childish. It seemed a bit like a power struggle, really, and she was wary of giving Boy more material for his sarcastic, (funny!) comments.

((Will you? You are showing me around.))
Back to top Go down
Ouroboros

Ouroboros

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm

((My pleasure. Why don't we start... in the Big House? The link to the RP is here~))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]   The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The arrival of Listen Taylor. [Open]
Page 1 of 1