Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Character's legacy

Go down 
+2
Pip
Natic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Natic

Natic

Character's legacy  Empty
PostSubject: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey, so I've thought of something interesting, though it's possible that somebody might have already come up with this. Would it be appropriate to have a god for a parent and a demigod for the other, making the offspring a three-forths-blood? Secondly, and I'm sure this would be more reasonable; can an offspring that has demigods for parents be appropriate? (This is mentioned in The Son of Neptune).

Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by the whoe three-fourths half-blood, but I'm pretty sure that your allowed to have children of children of the gods. The sister website, Camp Jupiter, has a lot of them, in fact, I'm currently waiting for one of my characters like that to be accepted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Natic

Natic

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 pm

I suppose it would sound confusing. Well, simply put, can a character have two god parents? If not, then what about a god parent and a demigod parent (wouldn't that make them 75% immortal)? It sounds peculiar, but I'm wondering if it could be suitable somehow.

What I've worked up in any case is a generation of having a clan bred by different Greek Gods. Basically to the point of my WIP character being related to multiple gods through their ancestors.

For ex:
Grandfather1 is the son of God W
Grandmother1 is the daughter of God X
Grandfather1 and Grandmother1 have 'Mother'
Grandfather2 is the son of God Y
Grandmother2 is the daughter of God Z
Grandfather2 and Grandmother2 have 'Father'
Mother (related to God W and God X from parents) and Father (related to God Y and God Z from parents) have Character1
Character1 is related to Gods W-Z, and is a demigod because their parents were both demigods, not disturbing the immortal:mortal balance ancestry (50% Immortal: 50% Mortal)

As for the 75% immortal scenario:
God X (100% immortal) produces Character1 with Demigod Y (50% Immortal)
God X gives 50% immortality to offspring
Demigod Y gives 25% immortality to offpsring
(By 'immortality' I just mean Greek god-related properties)

Is this more clear? Hope your character is accepted soon!

Last edited by Natic on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mystical Greek

Mystical Greek

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Ok all of that is very confusing :S
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Well, I'm not sure about the demigod mother (for example.) and a god for a father theory, but I don't think it's allowed. A heads up though, even though the 'demigod' or 'legacy' has multiple godly ancestors, does not make the character more powerful. Though some people may think that it makes their character more powerful, in reality, it doesn't because the character is not an actual child of the god\goddess, only a descendant. Even if their parents may have been extreemly powerful demigods, they may not inherit those abilities.
Back to top Go down
Natic

Natic

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 pm

I've thought about the circumstances, and although I agree you are correct in some instances, I find that descendants can be just as powerful as firstborns in rare cases. Achilles himself was the great-grandson of Zeus, yet he was claimed to be a great warrior possessing supernatural skill in martial combat, even before being dipped in the River Styx (which some sources disagree as to whether this was done at birth or if it happened later.)

As for having multiple ancestors not resulting in a more powerful demigod, I believe that such quality in skill could be argued, as it would vary by chance of inheritance. I'm not looking to power-play, but what I would figure, since the demigod is related to four Gods by 12.5% each, the properties of their powers would only make up of that amount (12.5% out of the typical 50%) concerning each individual god they're related to. The demigod, being related to Poseidon for example, wouldn't be as powerful in that field of skill in comparison to a direct offspring of Poseidon and a mortal woman (the typical 50% of inherited power). However, the descended demigod might posses a small amount of skill from Poseidon nonetheless, as would any demigod descended from a son of Poseidon (such an instance is stated in The Son of Neptune, in which Hazel tells Percy of how such descendants can inherit properties of power from their demigod parents, while as some do not).

In the legacy situation that I've come up with, the demigod would possess a relatively small amount of skill from each of the four God's they're descended from (12.5% each multiplied by 4 = 50%), yet their skill as a whole would be evident in times of use. They might be able to will water to their advantage in small use, but may not be able to muster creating a whole tidal wave at all (Poseidon's descendant). They might be able to generate an electric shock enough to daze an opponent, but they wouldn't be able to fry a monster to pieces on the spot (Zeus' descendant). They may be able to summon the help of a small spirit, but not a whole unit of dead soldiers (Hade's descendant). Lastly, they may possess honed thinking of wisdom concerning battle tactics and strategy, but not enough to fuel a whole army in preparation for victory (Athena's descendant).

Does this information seem more convincing?

Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:32 am

The 75% demigod, no it's not allowed. Too powerful. As for the parents, let me explain as best as I can.

Lemme see. There are demigods with demigods as parents. Like if your father is a son of Demeter and your mother is of Khione, it's allowed, since it adds up as 50% mortal and 50% immortal. Anything/one with more immortal blood isn't allowed, sorry. As for children of demigods, no, it doesn't add up that they'd be more powerful. Even if they've got 25% of that god's power, there is still the other 50% mortal, being non-powerful, and another 25% of another god. So, to say, if a kid has demigods for parents ((example is his dad's Nyx and the other is Aphrodite)), then he wouldn't be able to charm speak like his mother, NPR shadow travel like his father. Only little things are allowed, like he could be charming and handsome. It doesn't mean he could be as powerful as his parents if he's got gods as grandparents. Now, on the topic of legacies, you can't have one of the big three demigods as one of the parents unless qualified for a direct descendant. A grand- grandchild of Hades and a grandchild would be acceptable though. Powers aren't the same though.

Hoped it helped! Pm me if this is confusing! And yes, it is.
Back to top Go down
Natic

Natic

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes, that pretty much covered my thinking on the matter excluding some small factors, but all in all, your insight is noted. Thanks for the help guys (:

Edit: Also, concerning your signature; interesting character(s) indeed. I don't see the immediate significance of my username in your signature, but nonetheless, your write-up was a pleasant read :)

Second Edit: One last thing. I notice that for your character's celebrity or image, you used Francisco Lachowski, I believe. I had also intended on using him (though I won't now), and it's good that I found a reason to bring this up: does this forum have a celebrity face claim? This way, users can avoid using the same celebrities/faces for their characters.
Back to top Go down
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, go in Chat then scroll down a bit. Theres a Sticky labelled Face Claim
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character's legacy    Character's legacy  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character's legacy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Questions & Advice-
Jump to: