Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Waking up - (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 am

"Yeah, it really wasn't that bad. You just have to look at the glass half full." I said. It was true. Living in the orphanage was pretty cool. I met a lot of people, and the only reason I didn't get adopted was because Errick wanted us to stick together.

((OOC: How did you make that banner in your signature?))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:43 am

"Well, I guess people find that hard to do," Adin sighed. She was talking about herself, but she made it sound like she was talking about her orphaned classmates. Adin didn't know, but she was getting a lot more comfortable around Tony. Better than with Lance. He seemed like a big brother to her, but she couldn't exactly tell why. "You're really optimistic," she admitted to Tony with a nod.

((OOC: Photoshop. Drew the pic and random cloudy background and slapped on some text.))
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:05 am

"I get it from my brother," I say, "He was a entrepreneur. Optimism is what they live on." I didn't know what it was, but something was writhing inside of me. Something strong and powerful, like what he had felt yesterday when he went into the Forrest except, stronger.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:26 am

Adin nodded in understanding. She seemed to be nodding a lot today. Tony slightly tensed, which Adin noticed quickly. "Hey is there something wrong?" she asked with concern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am

"Yeah, it's just I feel like something is-" A shiver went up my spine. I turned around, and behind them a bush started ruffling lightly. I concentrated hard on the bush, and the dog started growling towards it.

I pulled out my knife, and put my arm around Adin. "Stand, back." I say, and at the last minute a wolf bursts out of the bush. I hold out my knife, and as it makes compact with the wolf's skin, I grab it's neck and throw it to the ground and stabbing it. But three more wolves jump out.

One of them pounces and knocks me down, knocking my knife a few feet away from me, and attempting to gnaw at my face. I hold its mouth back with the only hand that isn't bleeding horribly from the knife's blade.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 am

Adin was frozen out of shock. Rocky had entered the fight, tackling the wolf and slashing with his claws. The dog had knocked the wolf off Tony, which was a good thing. The bad thing was that Rocky was no match for his primal cousins. The wolves snarled and two of them started to take on Rocky while the other concentrated on the two demigods.

Tony was bleeding. The sight of the blood made Adin slightly dizzy, and the fact that Rocky was losing his fight made her feel worse. Why did she have to leave her weapon back in the cabin? Though she doubted that she could do much with the bow and arrow in this situation. It was a weapon made for far distances, after all, and the wolf was barely two meters away from Tony and her. Then she spotted Tony's knife a few feet away.

Tony was in danger. Rocky was in even more danger. Adin had to do something... She dove for the knife at the same time the wolf lunged at her. She didn't know what made her do it, perhaps it was her instincts, but she threw her fist to the right, catching the wolf on the side of its face, effectively dazing it. Adin winced, feeling pain on her knuckles, and she had a feeling that some of the bones there were broken. Her good hand caught the knife handle and she blindly slashed the wolf with it. The wolf whined and fell to the ground. Adin was slightly in shock, with blood splattered across the front of her shirt. Then her eyes caught the figure of Rocky weakly trying to fend off his attackers.

"ROCKY!" her shrill cry momentarily got the wolves' attention. One of them turned to look at her, growling. But Adin couldn't move. Her wide eyes were fixed on Rocky's weak form. She held the knife loosely in her hand, but she couldn't find the strength to attack it with. If Rocky dies... Adin couldn't move at the thought. She barely registered the wolf advancing towards her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:21 am

Tony got up and lunged. Without a second thought he tackled the wolf advancing toward Adin. He pinned it to the ground and snapped it's neck, killing it almost instantly. He grabbed the knife out of Adin's hand and lunged, again at the wolf attacking Rocky.

He landed on top of the wolf as it was in mid-attack. He stabbed it in the heart twice, and jumped off. His shirt was ripped and had blood all over it, he had a limp and would probably be feeling immense pain, had adrenaline not been coursing through his veins.

He walked over to Adin and leaned over her, checking everything. "Are you okay, where does it hurt?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:40 am

Adin was out of breath. The fight lasted barely three minutes, but it felt longer to her. Once the wolves were dead, she rushed towards Rocky. He was panting, his tongue lolling out of his jaw. Adin could see cuts and flecks of blood on his body. She could even see a bite mark on his leg. He didn't look good. Adin could feel tears pooling in her eyes. "Rocky... It's okay, boy," she mumbled, her voice slightly breaking at the end. The dog started licking her knee, the closest thing he could reach in his position.

Adin vaguely heard Tony's question. She felt numb all over, her eyes fixed on her best friend. She could feel a stinging pain on her right hand but she paid it no heed at the moment. Rocky was her greatest concern. Adin began to speak in rushed tones. "I'm fine. You're a son of Apollo, right? Isn't he the healing god? Can you--" She cut off suddenly when she looked up and saw Tony. He looked worse. Blood was splattered on his ripped shirt and Adin realized that he was supporting his weight with only one foot. "Oh my god! Tony are you alright?" she gasped, looking at him from head to toe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:04 am

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I say, picking up Rocky slowly and carefully, "Right now we need to get all of us to the infirmary. I'm a kid of Apollo, but I don't trust myself with animals." I say, while starting to limp towards the infirmary.

I fall over onto the ground, but keep Rocky suspended in the air to keep him from getting hurt. I lay there for a second, and the pain seeps in for the first time. "Ow." I say.

((OOC: If you want Adin to be claimed, you can have her heal Tony. If not, you can just have them go to the infirmary.))
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 am

Adin didn't know what to do. She was with an injured boy who was carrying an injured dog. Then the said boy fell over. What the heck was she supposed to do here? She was too small to support both of them at the same time.

"Tony?" Adin said anxiously as she crouched down. He wasn't fine at all. Adin shuddered, blaming herself for this. If only she was strong enough to take on the wolves herself, Tony and Rocky wouldn't probably be in trouble. Why did she have to be so weak? Before she could start breaking down, Adin felt a little tingle down her spine. It seemed like something rippled inside her. She blinked in surprise. That wasn't what she had expected. Adin looked around to see if anybody was causing it but they seemed to be alone. She could feel something hot above her head. She looked up, only to be slightly blinded by an orange glow. Adin squinted, making out the faint outline of a lyre. Before she could take a closer look, the symbol and the glow faded.

The lyre. The symbol of Apollo. Adin was a daughter of Apollo.

Adin brought her gaze back to Tony. He was her half-brother. And he needed her help. Adin didn't know what made her do it, but she touched Tony's forehead with her finger and prayed in Greek. She didn't even know that she can speak Greek. She didn't have much time to understand this mystery as within a few moments, Adin knew that Tony's leg was healed.

Adin felt so drained. She couldn't exactly understand why; all she did was touch Tony's forehead and mumble Greek incantations. It felt like she had little to no energy left. She was even out of breath. "Are you... okay?" she asked in a voice barely a whisper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:55 am

He had momentarily blacked out. He had a weird vision type thing of him walking down a long black road, exhausted. Then a golden light appeared next to him and he felt great, and continued to walk along the road unharmed.

When he awoke, he felt infinitival better. Nothing at all hurt. He still had a few bruises and cuts, but nothing to major. "Are you...Okay?" Adin had said. I sat up in reply and said, "Never better."

I looked around at the scene to see who had healed me so amazingly. But it seemed like Adin was the only person around, "What did you do?" I say, smiling a bit.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 am

Adin blinked. "I... have no idea," she said. And it was the truth. One moment she was just sitting there about to cry and then suddenly she touched Tony and everything went better. Well, almost everything.

"Rocky?" she said. The golden retriever seemed to smile at her by the look of his face. He did look slightly better than before, but the wounds didn't seem to heal that much and it didn't look like he can walk on his own. But at least, he didn't look like he was going to die. A few moments ago, Adin was afraid that he was going to.

Adin took a deep breath before shifting her attention back to Tony. "I think..." she paused, wondering how to put it into words. "I think... I may be... one of your half-sisters."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 pm

"You got claimed?" I say smiling, "Well that explains why I'm healed." It explained a lot actually, like his feeling that he needed to protect her no matter what. It was now, where he realized what his dream had meant. "Well, let's get Rocky to the infirmary." I say, standing slowly and carrying rocky like a baby in my hands.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Adin gave a genuine smile. She was actually pretty happy to be claimed. Even if it took her dad a few days to remember her. Adin would have jumped out of sheer joy right now if she wasn't dead tired.

"Let's go," she agreed as she started walking beside Tony. The infirmary sounded like a good idea not only for Rocky but also for her. Adin fancied sleeping there at the moment, if they let her. She petted Rocky every now and then, just to make him feel good. At this moment, Adin felt like she was on top of the world. It was a rare feeling for her, so she decided to enjoy it while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waking up - (Open)   Waking up - (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waking up - (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: