Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Adoption Center?

Go down 
+9
Skye
Crispy Bacon
maddie ☹
dean
Banana
selene
Nico
Pip
Bri
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

This idea came from another RPG, and I liked it.
Some people are lazy, and want to make charries, but they don't have the will power to do that. So instead, they could "adopt" a charrie, like a cannon, except with just regular campers/satyrs/dryads. People would donate their unwanted charries to the Adoption Center.
So you could just say, "I want so and so" and you would wait a day to see if another person wanted that same charrie. Then they would apply for it.
It sounds confusing...
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Kinda like an auction? I kinda like the idea, but if they had to pay for it using drachma's than it might become like a scam just to get drachma's. But, if you didn't have to pay for it than I kinda like the idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coredour.forumotion.com
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:56 pm

I never said that you would have to pay... Just apply if more than one person wants the charrie
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Yea, I know but I was just saying that it kinda sounded like an acution...like, you put the character up, and then if a person wants it, than they can send you a PM and like, I dunno after a week then you decide who get's it?
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Hmm... Maybe the actual creator would choose instead. They ARE the creator after all.
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Exactly. All the people who would want that charrie would PM the original creator, and then after a week, or however long the character is up for, then the creater would give the character to whomever. I like the idea, but it's not up for me to decide.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah.... That's good...
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Hmm . . . Interesting. If this idea goes through, I think you should have to pay Drachmas, for sure. (I don't see how it could turn into a scam, because the Admin would transfer Drachmas, and it would be staff run.) If someone wants a character . . . I don't know. I'm not sure how to handle this idea. I guess I like it, but I'm pretty indifferent. I don't like the idea of people using my character, because I get emotionally attached to my characters, but I probably just won't participate then.

Other opinions, please?
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I like it, but I probably won't put up my characters unless I really didn't want them ( I have many like that) xD
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 7:08 am

Well, if you have to pay drachmas then a person might make a lot of characters to 'sell' to get a lot of drachmas. That's just what I was thinkin, you know...
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 am

I guess it's better if we don't add the drachmas into the subject? 'Cuz if we do, people would rather disable alot of charries for a drachma or two. Well, if you wanter to adopt a charrie, it would be to remember that charrie and let him/her live longer. If we got free charries, why not free sdoption(minus the papers?). :]
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 am

I like Nico's idea most I think...
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm

I don't think we should use drachmas. Because my point was that people who are lazy just can get one. So if they have to pay drachmas, it sort of defeats the point.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:44 am

But that doesn't mean they could keep that certain charries in order and not too much OOC.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi. It's Ron, Blythe's brother.
Blythe won't be back here until October 26.
So PM her and she'll get back to you.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 am

Um . . . I'm sorry. I don't understand. How does Drachmas defeat the point? That post confused me. There could be a character shop run by the staff, where people can drop off their characters, and the characters could get adopted into new families. If you want to donate them to a person who is lacking in characters, than you can do so privately, and it won't cost anything. But you can also visit the character shop, and the staff can make the characters look pretty. If you have to buy them with Drachmas, and you can't get Drachmas from chat, then it encourages you to use that character in attempt to retrieve all the missing Drachmas.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 am

I think that drachmas would be a good idea. Like, the person adopting them's drachmas could be transferred to the maker of the character? If it's that, then I think the admins should price everything, based on length and quality.

Last edited by Lovely, on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 am

I don't think we should use drachmas... I dunno, I just don't think a whole bunch of stuff on the site should be centred around our currency. Like, we need some things that are just free of it, you know? Some users just don't care for drachmas and they might get sick of seeing everything using drachmas and such.

Plus, this is Blythe's idea, so we should respect her wishes as to how this system is carried through and such. BUUUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION. xD
Back to top Go down
Pip
Goddess of Awesomeness
Pip

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:07 pm

here's what I think about the drachma's ~

If the characters cost drachma's, than, well, Here's an example.

Jason just made a character a week ago named Bob. He decideds that he dosn't know why he made the character, so he puts it up in the character adoption. Then, Mary really likes Jason's character, so she pay's 50 drachmas for him.

Jason, then realizes that he can make drachmas fast by creating characters and putting them in the character adoption. So, once a weak, he starts to create a character and puts it in the character adoption. A lot of people like his characters, so every week, he gets 50 more drachmas.

See, then it turns into Jason not just putting his unwanted characters into the adoption thing, it turnes him making a buisness. But, thats just what I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't mind if this comes to be free or not (if used). If costing drachmas, I think the effortless characters should be free-not a lot of drachmas. Then those who spent time into their characters would get rightfully awarded. Also, I think that if the drachmas do happen, you'd have to have at least 3 or so RPs with the character, and they must be quality or a couple of posts/pages long. That way it won't be people making characters and selling them right away.

But, if it's done being free, then some people's hard work won't be credited some how.

The adoption center is a good idea, yes. I think it being free wouldn't be a bad idea, but some people may feel like "here goes a week of dedication for free". If doing it free, I think some people would have to do a "rp example" thing. I mean, some people want their characters to be role played a certain way, with a certain number of words and all. So, that's just my input on it.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah... I think we shouldn't pay drachmas. Or, we could do different stages...

Okay Character: Free

Good Character: 5 drachmas

Awesome Character: 10 drachmas

And so on. Just an idea. :3
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:36 pm

changeoffontlololol

That seems good. I think it should be done by sentence/para length.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Maybe do both? Almost sub-categories?

Last edited by Annabeth Skyla on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah. I think kinda like acceptance stuff on some sites. Post in a main place, and admins move it to a certain subforum.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

It's settled then. xD

loljk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adoption Center? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adoption Center?   Adoption Center? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adoption Center?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next