Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Flower Field

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 am

“Smile, It Show’s You’re Worth Fighting For.”

d
||e||r||e||k||||r||e||t||o||l||l

the gentleman form Apollo cabin
-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Derek Retoll, the charming but lonely son of Apollo trudged down the grassy meadow, somewhere out of the camp's bounderies. His plain white, sleeveless shirt hugged his muscular frame, draped over his pale shoulders was a faded jean jacket, and he had a guitar slung over one arm. He wore his old pair of faded jeans, and his hair stuck out into spikes, like he was just shook out of bed.

The early morning sun shown down on him, making his blond hair look dirty, and the scent of morning dew reached his nose. Sighing, as his skin reacted immediately to the sunlight, Derek crossed over the flower bed, where wild, yet beautiful poppies and daisies grew, and he sat under the shade of an old willow tree. He plopped himself on the ground, where the light was just right, and began to softly hum to himself, remembering a song her wrote as his own. Taking his guitar, he began to sing the first line out of three.

"Who am I to you?

To leave me out the rain,

Knowing you need me most

Now that you're in pain."

Derek had a faint trace of a smile on his lips, as if the lyrics struck him as amusing. He plucked the guitar strings perfectly, and began to sing again, when some movement caught his eye.

Last edited by Snook'ems on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 am

mckay thorn
a writing rose

McKay Thorn laid on her back in the midst of a patch of wild flowers, holding up "Sophie's World" into the air. She read from it like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Well, it was. Almost. Just when she flipped a page, she heard an angelic voice. It was almost un-real. Such poetic words could only have come from an Apollo child! McKay was wearing a cute floral sundress, that reached her knees and her long, blonde hair was pinned back with a pale pink clip. Her eyes were a beautiful pale blue, and she seemed to be glowing in the mid-morning sun. She looked beautiful.

"That's some beautiful music you have there," McKay called out, dropping her book and examining the flower field. There was a boy, not to far from her. He looked about her age. Walking over to the boy, her long eyelashes fluttered as the wind blew against her. "I'm McKay," she introduced, sticking out her hand for him to shake.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am

Spencer had been sitting in a flower field reading some Robert Frost poems when she heard a voice singing, wow the voice was so pure and unreal . She got up and straightened her new Prada skirt, she felt pretty and she knew she looked pretty, her short brunette hair had been straightened and she had straightened her bangs, it was a classic trendy look. She walked over to the boy and girl, she smiled " Wow your a great musician " Spencer says to the boy, She smiles at the girl, The boy was a great musician, Spencer had played piano before she had come to camp and she knew how hard it was to make a a song that sounded good
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am

d

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Derek cocked his head to the side, as a girl approached him. As the cool breeze came, so did she. And she definitely looked cute, and so at first, he thought she was some kind of wind nymph. But as she was only meters away, he could see that she was definitely human. Probably another half-blood that strayed away from camp. Derek gave off a soft, smile as she offered her hand out for him.

"Hey." he grinned, placing his guitar down on the grassy ground. He took the out streched hand, and placed his own pale hand in hers. "The name's Derek." he said, his blue eyes sparkling off the sun's rays. And as he watched her back, there was it again! Movement.

Derek glanced behind McKay and raised an eye brow. Definitely, this was one of a tourist spot now, as too so many people knew of this place. Probably, he needed another one of those 'safe' heaven where he could be alone. Buut for now, all he were to do was be friendly.

"Uh, thanks?" Derek offered as the ther other complimented him. She looked different from the other girl, McKay, but definitely, he knew she too was a half blood.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 am

" I'm Spencer, daughter of Apate " She says to the McKay and Derek. The girl was pretty and I felt a little awkward but all well, being a daughter of Apate I always felt left out, people always tried to stay away from me because of my parent, it was so superstitious and ridiculous even though I did lie and deceive people but never on purpose, I just tended to do it without even knowing it.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:53 am

mckay thorn
a writing rose

McKay smiled at Derek, then looked behind her to find another girl. I thought only I knew about this place! McKay groaned inside her head. How come every place she found was always crowded with more people? She let out a breath, then blinked slowly. "Hi, I'm McKay," she introduced herself to the girl. She looked pretty friendly, but not the type of girl McKay would enjoy hanging out with. McKay liked quiet, mysterious girls who had a lot of the same interests as her. She didn't look quiet at all. McKay's eyes gazed around the field, and she fell down to only sit criss-cross and pick a flower. She half-expected more people to come trotting along and ruin the simple meeting. Looking at the girl, she figured that she should say her God Parent.

"I'm a daughter of Erato, the Muse of Love Poetry, I'm guessing you're a son of Apollo, right?" McKay grinned, falling onto her back and staring up at the sky. There were a few clouds that looked exactly like tridents, and swords, and perhaps even a couple dark ones. McKay had heard about the tornados coming in at any moment around the USA. There probably wasn't anything to worry about. McKay looked over at Derek's guitar, and ran her fingers around the rim. It felt good to the touch, smooth and glossy. It was perfectly tuned, unlike all of the borrowed instruments McKay tried to use. It mustn't be a rumor, a handsome boy has a handsome guitar!
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 am

d

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Derek leaned back, wincing as his godly parent was said. "Yeah, sure." he whispered, his voice unnerved and cool, but you won't see him any much more composed than that. "Apollo." he said, laying back at the tree's trunk. He saw McKay trace her fingers on his guitar and he raised an eyebrow.

"Love poetry?" he asked. Maybe she could help, whenevr he needed some inspiration for love songs. But for now, all he could sing was deeply sad or heartbreaking. Like a fallen angel, weeping with it's soft voice. "Then you're good with these things right? Poetry?" he asked her. His face was still a bit baby-ish, and he looked at her with utter amusement. Yeah, she could really be a daughter of love poems.

Derek turned his head to the other girl, seemingly accusing her, or just plainly curious. "And Apate?" he asked her. His eyes were gleaming with curiosity, and his mouth twitched on one side, forming an uneven grin. You could almost see his brain raking his knowlegde for the said goddess and he finally got it. "Deception. So you get along with the Hermes kids?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:30 am

mckay thorn
a writing rose

McKay noticed that he seemed like he didn't like his god parent. What was wrong with Apollo? He has everything. He can heal, sing, write poetry, predict the future... McKay couldn't see anything wrong with that! Shaking that off like water off a duck's back, McKay grinned like an idiot and held Derek's guitar, only to play a small bit of some poetry she copied down in her best imitation of a country voice.

"About the time we gave up hoping
We'd ever find these locks still open,
Stumbling on stones unturned,
The hurt we feel, we all have earned.

The lines we cross in search of change,
But all they see is treason,"

McKay's face turned bright red. She had no idea she could sing herself! That song, it wasn't her own, oh no. She isn't skilled enough to write a whole song! McKay was embarrased, she had sounded so beautiful... On accident! "Please tell me you didn't hear that," McKay squeaked, clenching her teeth and squeezing her eyes shut.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 am

" No, stealing is different then lying, stealing is taking something without asking and lying is deceiving someone and unlike stealing we don't get caught " I say, I felt unwanted here, I knew I was being a bit of a loner but Mckay and Derek had an instant connection, poetry, I enjoyed writing freeform and odes. I recited Ode to an Orchid under my breath, it had been my least favorite ode, I had written it the day I came to camp

In the vase you sit oh Orchid, Thrusting out your three petals alike, Pining for your tropical home,
Nevermore shall you feel the soft breeze Caress your petals, The word perennial shall mean nothing to you, For you have not another year but days to live,
For your roots now sit in water instead of the moist soil You used to know, Your remaining days will not be of growth, But of wilting, Ne’ er more will your glorious petals bloom,
Alas no words can be said to describe your beauty, A loveliness that will all too soon fade away,
When you are dead and gone, I will gaze upon the empty vase And remember the proud
And tall figure that used to reside there, Nothing can describe the misery an Orchid wilting
The only reminder of you will be one or two Faded purple petals that you left behind,
For the Orchid will never more be seen, I weep for you made me realize the joys
And wonders of life But now your remains remind me of
Cold,
Damp,

Death
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 am

d

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Derek blinked a bit. Surely, even he knew that the poetic skills were entitled to Apollo kids, but also to other campers. But the way both sounded, they seemed pretty good. "I don't know why you get embarrassed McKay, but you've got the talent obviously." he said politely. He placed a finger on his lips, like he forgot something, and smiled as the thought passed. "But sure. Everything you said, even the best part are a secret." he said, with a mysterious glint in his eyes. "As long as my song stays the same." he laughed lightly.

Derek began to pick random grass blades by it's tips, trwirling it on his long pale fingers. He smiled, as Spencer recited a poem, and he nodded in approvement. "You got talent too." he said to her, givin off a signiature hair flip, as his hair went up to his blue eyes. "Though, I'm not sure those kind of talents are worth keeping secret of." he sighed.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 am

mckay thorn
a writing rose

McKay looked up from the blades of grass Derek was playing with. He was so kind, so gentle, and he's a lot like her in a lot of ways! As soon as Derek said that he'll keep everything a secret, McKay let out a breath she didn't know she was even holding. "Thank you so much, that means the world to me," McKay said quietly, blinking her baby blue eyes. She didn't know she had that talent herself! Sure, she could write amazing poetry, but sing country? No-o way! Laughing a small, thin laugh, Mckay looked up at the bottom of the wonderous branches of the willow tree. She missed her old home before Camp, she missed her brother, her father, her step-mother...

McKay was a little suprised when Spencer read the poem. Maybe McKay and Derek were making Spencer feel left out? She and Derek were both children of poetry writers, and Spencer was a child of... lying and deceving! Sure, she didn't mean to judge Spencer, but she knew that she was bound to lie or decieve anybody, anytime. And McKay didn't like the feeling of that. "That was... Beautiful, Spencer!"
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:17 pm

She shrugs " I enjoy reading poetry but I'm not that great at writing it, I'm much more of a musical person " She says , smiling uneasily, Spencer had a feeling that McKay didn't think that she could be trusted which was typical with Apate being her parent, but still people could at least give her a chance, what happened to the saying don't judge a book by its cover.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 am

d

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Derek sighed, as the two girls made their own conversations. He really wasn't so much good at these social things, but he does try to blend in. Derek puffed out his cheeks, some habit he does whenever he got stuck into something.

"Music." Derek mused, rubbing his head and making small spikes in his already ragged look. "That's one side of dad's personality I like." he said, forgetting about what his dad has done, or better yet, what his dad didn't do. But that was another matter. Something he'd like to keep personal for now. His eyes darkened, for a fraction of a second, and then the glint in his eyes began again.

"So, what's up?" he asked the two, as the clouds drifted lazily above. Seemingly, his hands had minds of their own, traveling between blades of grass, to poppies, where he caressed the sensitive petals.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:08 am

mckay thorn
a writing rose

McKay figured that she was spending too much time with Spencer, rather than Derek. Derek looked a little left out, but he didn't seem to mind it. How strange? "I can help you write your song, if you like," McKay offered, gently taking the sheet of paper with the lyrics on it. It was rumpled, with lots of eraser marks on it. It's too bad that Derek didn't like his God Parent, he was such an excellent song-writer! McKay smiled at him, and looked into the afternoon sky. How much time had they spent here? One hour? Three hours?

"It's probably lunch time at camp, we should really get going before the monsters start attacking us. We are using our powers," she said, unevenly. She felt a strange presence around here, and it wasn't just the feeling of awkwardness with a boy...
Back to top Go down
Scarlett O'Hara

Scarlett O'Hara

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:18 am

Spencer nodded uneasily, She hadn't really used my powers though and she hadn't really been conversing much so there was no reason to lie and she didn't just lie randomly she only did it when she had too
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:23 am

d

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Oh, thanks McKay. Honestly." he said. Wow, really? Was she helping him? He smiled at her, thankful and turned another blade of grass to the other hand.

Derek sighed, as he looked up, meeting the harsh afternoon sun. Yeah, it was probably late, and the girls may certainly be hungry, after a day in the meadow. "Okay." he saighed, leaning back and holding his guitar protectively, as he hummed another stanza of his song.

But before they went, he waved his hand good-bye. "Oh, it's okay. I'm not really into lunch." he said. Dinner time was the only time he ate. Or even little afternoon snacks. Only the random times where the campers won't crowd around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Flower Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flower Field   The Flower Field I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flower Field
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: