Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Another section of the rules

Go down 
+2
Colby
tethys
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Another section of the rules Empty
PostSubject: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:46 am

Hey there, guys :D

I read the rules, and found it was missing something. What powers do children of which gods have?

I can't find anything about it.

Even though I doubt they would, it would make sense, as you don't really want children of Ares throwing lightning bolts at people, right?

I'd add a section about it in the rules, with what powers for what demigods, age restrictions (if any) and power limitations.

That is all :D

Thank you for reading XD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:08 pm

I think this has been suggested before... I personally like the idea, but right now we let the members come up with powers for their own characters, and if it's overpowered, they're just asked to edit it.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:04 pm

See. People know how to make there charaters and they will be read and accepted and if there is somthing wrong with there powers they would be fixed.

This is not posted because there are tons of gods and goddess that no one has the time to list the powers. Also if you pick which powers they have you person is more yours.

Maybe you have a child of Apollo and instead of great acrhary skills they have the abiltiy to bend light.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:05 pm

-That's what Hale has, except it's instead of healing powers! OMG.

Anyway, I think part of adding yourself into your character is making up a power that goes with the god/dess, and then watching your own power come to life. For example:

My Athena character, Keller, can communicate with people through thoughts. It was really fun putting that in a RP, mostly because it was really unique.

If we had a rules section for that, people would feel like they had to stick to those basic powers, though I do understand why you would want to include that. It is a good idea, I'll tell you that.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I agree with Tethys, Colby, and Nico. It's a great idea, but I like the fact that the members can create their character(s)'s own powers. Plus, if we did add a powers list, it would be quite difficult to list 50+ gods and their abilities.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Maybe we can do it just for the Olympians; add a list of suggested powers?
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:44 pm

That would be easier, yes, but I'm sure everyone knows what powers the Olympians have just by reading the PJO series. xP At the moment, I don't really think this is necessary, but I'm not an admin, so there is a chance the idea could be acknowledged. I'm fine with anything, honestly; I just don't think this should be added at the moment.
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Powers... If its the big tree just follow Percy, Nico and Jason right?
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Powers differ per person. Basing powers off of canons (Thalia, Nico, Percy, Annabeth, etc) is fine, but incorporating your own ideas is recommended, thus making your character original. If your powers are not following basic guidelines on matching your powers with how long you've been at CHB and your Godly parent, then people might say so, and offer suggestions. Admins and mods will see if your powers are meh+ or not, so having a section for powers isn't necessary if you have admins/mods just asking you to tinker what you've put.
Back to top Go down
SeaSeaweedbrain

SeaSeaweedbrain

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 am

If your character's godly parent is Hades. We can make them VERY POWERFUL?
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm

No... Most Big Three kids are stronger, but it varied from character to character. So, a child of Hades wouldn't be too powerful, compared to other Big Three kids, but a bit stronger than children of other gods. Make sense? x)
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Zeus kids would be the most powerful, but they aren't like superheros. Every character has weaknesses and things they can't do, even Big Three kids.

Nico: Shadow traveling wears him out so much he can't stay awake.
Thalia: She can't fly, unlike her brother.
Percy: He has trouble moving water, and once he has it moved, he has trouble keeping it still.

See? Even Percy has his weaknesses. That's what we meant about the whole, Big Three thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another section of the rules   Another section of the rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another section of the rules
Page 1 of 1