Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

"I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

"I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] Empty
PostSubject: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Raphael peers over the rocky cliff, leading into a disasterly fall. Closing his small, round brown eyes, he lifts one foot above the nothingness. No, he isn't a angst-filled teenager, comtemplating suicide numerous times over the few years. It's the voices. They tell him everything. Jump. This isn't a suicide; this isn't a death sentence. He only obeys the little voices inside his mind, commanding and controlling every decision his useless life depended on.

What about Rachael? Do you honestly she gives a care about you? She's my sister. Pointing out the obvious, Raph? Doesn't mean she does.

The voice mocks him, increasing their volume, causing Raphael to cover his ears, finally giving in. "I'll do it! Shut up, shut up!" he doesn't even give it a running start, yet he attempts to end it all right there, hanging by his on the cliff.

You deserve this, right, Raphael?

This isn't suicide; it's murder.

~Err, I've always been this twisted. xD Raphael is like a dansel in distress, waiting for his prince--I mean, princess. >.>

Last edited by Fluffy Lolz On Fire on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Max was running laps around the lake to build up her endurance. Her endurance to running was low. Not as low as normal teenagers who sat on the computer all day on facebook, but it was low for a surfer. She really cared about her surfing. Her feet slapped the ground as she felt a satisfactory burn crawl up her legs. She hadn't been born to run but it felt good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:01 pm

The t-shirt starts ripping, leaving Raphael hanging to an eerie death, wanting to end the pain. He clenches his fists and tightens his eyebrows, opening them to a scream, abnormally high-pitched--his scream. His mouth is shut tight, along with the rest of his tense body. He can't move a muscle, only stay there, hanged.

Raphael struggles, kicking and screaming utter nonsense, falling from the rocky cliff's grasp, landing awkwardly. Streaming scarlet red, his eyes bleed, punctured by a sharp branch, splintering his eye. He makes a final, ear-piercing scream of pain before he realizes this is his destiny.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 pm

As Max was running she heard a rather high pitched scream and she whirled around towards to noise. She spotted a boy dangling near a cliff and she sprinted over to him, thinking, 'oh my gods, what if he jumps?!' She ran faster until she saw him fall. Her mouth dropped open in shock only to see him bleeding on the ground. She launched herself over the cliff and safely bent her knees to absorb the shock as she hit the ground. Max rushed over to him and looked down at him with worry in her eyes. She pulled her long blonde hair off her face. "Oh my lords, dude, are you ok?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Only unconscious for a faint five seconds, he winces in pain. "The voices. The--they told me." his leg, twisted and dispostioned, so painful, his legs numb. He unclenches his fists and reopens his eyes, horrified at the sight, laying before him. Raphael yelps, as he attempts to walk on his own, gasping for air as he slides back down, failing. He lets out a whispy croak, "Get. Hel--" his voice ends, the pain too intense for him to finish.

~Loss of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 am

~It's ok. Hah. I'm at school.
Max watched as he faded out. She shot up from her position on the ground and screamed out, "Help! He's hurt and I have no idea what to do!" She shot to the Infirmary. She screeched help as an Apollo child came running. He asked her where the boy was and they sent a team of demigods to lift him onto a stretcher. The strecher was followed by a worried Max. "Don't worry, dude, I'm here to help!"
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 pm

I watch the boy with caution. Though I was no Apollo kid, I worked in the infirmary. I knew exactly what I was doing, but with him mentioning "the voices", I wasn't sure what I was up against.

One of those crazies, I thought to myself. He looked normal, but how could I be sure? He had mentioned voices.

"Hey, I'm Shay, daughter of Athena. I'm working to be a doctor, so I think I can help you." I look at my team of Apollo healers and shrug. "Now tell me again why you jumped off that cliff?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

"He can't answer you. He's kinda unconscious." I said looking at the girl. She had the look of an Athena child with her knowing eyes and curious, bright, gleam.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I look over the guy again. Sure enough, he was out cold. "Did you see him jump? Was he talking about death or something?" I ask, a little angry. I wasn't going to get the accurate answers that I wanted, but maybe this girl knew more than I thought. Still, why would he jump off of a cliff? My mind answered itself, like it often did. 'This one isn't worth it. He's insane in the brain.'
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Max grinned, "I love that song. But...I don't know. I saw him jump but I really don't know why he did it. He mumbled something about voices." She said slightly worried as she furrowed her eyebrows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 pm

His eyes blink awake; his body sweating cold from the rush of adrenaline. The voices argue back and forth, complaining about his existence. A womanly voice chirps in, You're not worthy of this so-called demigod title. the second voice snickers, taunting him, He's mortal.
Yeah, I wonder how you even ended up here, Raph. the first voice answers in response, mocking him.

In one swift movement, he grasps onto the IV, hydrating him of liquids and pulls the needle out of his arm, threatening it into his throat. "Go away! I'm not crazy!" he pleads with voices inside his head, asking for everlasting forgiveness, yet realizing what a failure he may be. Non-visible tears stream down his face, releasing his imperfections. I'm sorry.

This is the final straw.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Max recoiled as if he'd slapped her, "Dude, it's ok! I know your not crazy! It's alright..." She said soothingly as she gently put the IV needle back into his arm. One thing she could do well was sing. Even though she didn't have the melodious voices of an Apollo child, she had an Alto slightly scratchy, bluesy voice. So she sang to him gently while she re-hooked everything back up. She promised not to use the powers of Hydrotherapy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Raph's hyperventilation stops, suddenly. He stares at the girl--but not with his eyes. Raphael's throat lurches, a lump halting his "thank you." He nods at her, clearing his throat, finally ridding the painful lump, "Thank you." The soothing voice of hers calmed him, reminding him of an easier time--when he still knew his mother.

~Not the best, but I'm lacking in inspiration--still.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Raphaela walked around. With big innocent eyes, she surveyed the scene. Several people were crowding on something and she decided to peek. She tried to peek over their shoulders but she was too small to reach them. She peeked under them and saw that they were crowding on a boy. He seemed injured but okay. Wondering what happened to him, she smiled and said "I'm Raphaela!" she said rather too happy for that moment.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:49 pm

I look at the little girl and roll my eyes. She didn't need to be here. She would get in the way. Still, I decided to let her stay. She could be useful.

"Good! You're awake!" I say cheerfully, setting just the right tone to go along with Max's singing and Raphaela's young voice.

Without thinking I set down the ambrosia and looked at Raphael closer. "Where you talking to us when you said go away? Or were those the voices?" My mind was hard at work, trying to figure out what was going on with this kid.

He was bent way out of shape, and I was sure he couldn't take much more. The "voices" would eventually kill him. We needed to act fast.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:36 am

"Voices? There alot of voices." she said. Voices around her. The singing voice of one kid and the concerned voice of the others. She looked back at the being crowed on kid. He looked really hurt. "You okay buddie?" she asked, voice concerned. She knelt down and looked at his weird angled shape.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Max rolled her eyes at all the people, "I don't even understand why people ask the hurt ones if they're ok while their bleeding or broken..." She mumbled quietly as she absentmindly stroked the boy's hair.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

She heard her. But she didn't mind. "What's his name?" she asked the girl. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Max looked at the kid for a moment before deciding he looked like a Mark. "His new name is Mark." She announced almost defiantly. "My name is Max Lower."
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 pm

"Mark and Max." she said with a smile. She looked back to the ground. "Er..shall we take him to the doctor? I don't think he'll last long." she said uncomfortably.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

I smile. "The doctor is in. I might not look like much, but I've been to college and doctor's school. Looks like he fractured his collar bone. Let me check." I gently prod his shoulder, waiting for a reply. "Hey! I found something. It says Raphael on it . . ." Looking at the piece of ripped paper from his pocket, I decide it's his name. Still, I knew it wouldn't be wise to tell them that his name wasn't Mark. And I was only a few things. Wise was one of them.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 am

Raphaela nudged his shoulder. "I think that's broken." she said, not listening to the kid. She waited for Mark to say somthing but he didn't. "Hello?" she asked as he didn't respond. She only turned to the others when she heard a name. "Raphael? Hey! My name's Raphael with an a on the end." she exclaimed like a kid with a new found fact.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Max smiled softly and rolled her eyes affectionatley as she patted Raphaela on the back. "That's great." She said poking Raphaela in the side to see if she would squeal like a little girl. Or a big girl about the age of fourteen.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:50 pm

She squealed like a kid. "Hey! Not fair! Don't tickle me!" she said, clutching her side. She lost her balance and fell on the ground beside Mark. "Ouch?" she said, or rather asked.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:53 pm

I look at the young girl, hoping she hadn't broken anything. It was such a small fall, but bones could be broken easily if they were angled right. "You okay, Raphaela?" I put out my hand, seeing if she would take it or reject it. I always judged others on my first impression, and this hand would be my first impression.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]   "I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm not crazy; the voices told me...." [open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next