Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The start of something new (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

The start of something new (Private) Empty
PostSubject: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Son of Apollo

Sam set down his bag by the long metal cylinder that protruded from the ground. There were several of these a consistent distance from each other. In between each of them was an expanse of grass that ran perpendicular to the line of cylinders. Each line was mowed well, and there were several white lines spray painted on them, each at a different distance. At the opposite end of the cylinder in the middle of the grass path was a straw wheel, painted with a target. The outer circle white, then going towards the middle, black, blue, red, and the smallest section was yellow. Some of the ranges were occupied by campers here and there, not very concentrated in subsequent ranges. They were already well on their way of practicing their archery, and, looking at the targets in front of them, varied greatly in their capabilities.

Samuel kneeled down beside his duffel and unzipped the top. Inside were about fifty arrows. Sam removed some of them, counting as he picked out each one until he got to ten. He reached up and slid them into the black cylinder, and then zipped his bag back up. The ten he removed had two blue feathers and one red one, which marked that they were only to be used for his practice. He never really used his battle ones, or top-of-the-line ones unless he needed to.

Sam stood, and slowly removed the bow from around his shoulder. Again, this was just his training bow. It was a someone simple black recurve bow, the kind typically seen in movies, the ones without the pulleys. Sam preferred this type to train with because it wasn't to hard to pull back, but still delivered some force. Sam had one other one, which was a compound, but tended not to use it.

Grabbing an arrow out of the makeshift quiver, he stepped into the middle of the grass range, and positioned himself at the furthest-back white line. The yellow dot looked disturbingly small, and Sam would have had to squint to see it. Well, he would have if he were mortal. Fortunately for this demigod, one of the traits passed down by his father gave him advanced eyesight. As he looked, his eyes began to focus in on the yellow circle, pupils becoming smaller and smaller, blocking out the rest of his normal view. Keeping his eyes and head locked unmovingly onto the target, he brought the bow up to a set position, the arrow notched onto the string. His arm outstretched, he began to pull back on the string, his muscles straining to force the back end of the arrow to his chin. He inhaled deeply, and on his exhale, his fingers loosed. The arrow whizzed forward, losing a slight bit of altitude before lodging itself squarely into the yellow space. Most people would think this a bull's-eye, but Sam with his vision could see that it was an inch to the lower left section of the circle. Not perfect. But, that's what he was practicing for.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 11:32 am

in between the lines there's a lot of obscurity i'm not inclined to resign to maturity
benjamin radley
Despite having had six full years to master archery, Benjamin still has a hard time making a bullseye. And sometimes he still misses the target all together! This brings up the question as to why it's his weapon of choice and the answer is simple, he's better at archery than he is with a sword which is honestly very bad if you think about it. If he ever needed to defend himself, Benjamin would be screwed.

So with a quiver of arrows across his back, and his bow over his shoulder Ben makes his way to the archery range. Lately he's started to practice his archery about once a day if he can. With the amount of attacks on camp lately perfecting his archery seems like a smart idea. But at the rate he's learning he's not sure he will ever become an archer. He understands the concept behind archery, he knows what he's supposed to do but when he tries it he always manages to mess it up.

Sighing he stops in front of an empty target and takes his bow off of his shoulder. He spends a few seconds inspecting his bow before taking an arrow out of his quiver and notching it on his bow. Lining up, he holds it even with his eye sight. Drawing the string back he moves his thumb and lets go. He watches as the arrow sails through the air and lodges itself within one of the outer rings. "Damnit"he mumbles to himself as he removes another arrow from his quiver.

He's gotten off to a bad start which means this entire session will most likely go downhill from her. He's prepared to shoot another arrow when he notices the person at the range next to him hit what looks like a bullseye, but he's spent enough time at the archery range to know it's not. He places his arrow back in his quiver and gently puts his bow on the ground.

A small smile on his face he walks over to the boy, "You know I wish I could get that close to a bullseye"he says to the other, trying to lighten the mood. He's not sure what his goals for the conversation are but the boy is cute and a better archer than he is. So maybe he might be able to score some sort of lessons from him which would be nice. "The bow is my weapon of choice and I still miss the target about forty percent of the time and then I can't even make a bullseye"he says with a laugh, "Care to give me a few tips?"he asks him.
if it's all right, then you're all wrong why bounce around to the same damn song you'd rather run when you can't crawl
.:Coded by Wicked at CHB:.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Son of Apollo

Samuel wasn't oblivious to the person joining him in the arena, positioned at the range just beside his. But, he didn't acknowledge it either. He wanted to mind his own business, because staying out of social interaction was a lot better than getting caught in it without knowing what to do. He ignored them as they set up, and instead grabbed another arrow, setting up to fire again. Before he could pull back and shoot, though, he saw an arrow fly from the boy beside him, and his eyes jumped over to his target. He watched the arrow lodge right into an outer ring. Did it give him a bit of satisfaction that the other was less talented than he? Though he wouldn't admit it, it did.

As if his worst fears were being realized, he caught sight of the boy from the corner of his eye approaching. His muscles tensed, and he brought his long arms closer to his body, a reflex to cover his middle region. He no longer had interest in shooting at the target, not while this boy was watching him. When he heard him speaking, he knew that he was trapped. There could be no ignoring him. Grudgingly, he turned his eyes over and looked at him.

Samuel didn't start by looking right into the boy's eyes. That was much too assertive for him, and it would have scared him too much. Instead, he looked down at the ground, at the lower half of the other's body. Seeing legs that were much shorter than his, and a little skinnier, his eyes ventured upward. Taking in the boy's appearance was something magnificent, to put it into words. There were a few occurrences when Samuel had seen a boy and deemed him too beautiful to make eye contact with. One look at the other's face, and he knew this was one of those instances. He quickly looked down at the bow in his hands, brain suddenly going haywire, as if cutting one of the circuits messed up the entire thing.

"I don't really know how to teach it," he replied, his voice exuding an obviously-fake confidence. That's it. He gave a response. That was sufficient, in his eyes. He couldn't possibly come up with something else to say, nor initiate another conversation. Either the other boy could respond, or Samuel could stare at his boy until he left. Either way, Samuel felt extremely uncomfortable in such an attractive presence.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:35 pm

in between the lines there's a lot of obscurity i'm not inclined to resign to maturity
benjamin radley
Benjamin finds himself licking his lip as he studies the boy in front of him. He's taller than he is, but not by much he's also got more visible muscle definition. Then there's his golden blond hair, from what he's seen he can tell the boy is very attractive. He just wishes he'd look up so he could see his face. You can find a person attractive, but it's not a done deal until you see their face. But something tells Ben he's got a face to match.

Letting out a sigh he drops his hands to his sides as he looks at the boy, "Really?"he asks sounding disappointed in his answer. He's really not disappointed, but he would like to get to know him more so if he acts upset he might pity him into helping out. "I could really use some help"he says quietly as his gaze drops towards his feet, "I'm not very good and I'm worried that if camp is attacked again I won't be able to defend myself"he explains to the boy, finally looking up after he's done talking.

Now if that doesn't work he's not sure what else will. Well his powers would, but he's not interested in getting to know him that way. If he did that it wouldn't be the same as actually talking to him because he would be under the influence, and he's discovered that it's not really any fun.

"How about you watch me shoot a couple of arrows and then tell me what I'm doing wrong?"he finally suggests as he looks at the boy. Yes this might be the perfect way, that way the boy won't have to talk long which he would probably like. And then Ben still gets the chance to talk to him, it's a win win situation. Well at least for him it is, he's not sure about the boy. He smiles lightly as he stands their waiting for a response, he can't help but notice the stare but he shrugs it off. He's used to people giving him odd looks, this can't be anything different.
if it's all right, then you're all wrong why bounce around to the same damn song you'd rather run when you can't crawl
.:Coded by Wicked at CHB:.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:37 pm

Son of Apollo

Hearing the other's tone, a pang of guilt hit Sam, though he knew he wouldn't act on it. Often he felt this feeling that he should change the way he acts or go out of his way to help someone when they ask, but the safety in his personality makes it hard for him to act. Instead, he just mulls over a decision in his mind, ultimately making the choice of being on the safer side of things where he wouldn't have to outwardly exert himself. In this case, teaching the boy seemed tempting, because he wanted to help, but it would involve a lot more social contact than he bargained for, and required a great amount of speaking on his part.

A beat of silence passed between the two of them, in which Samuel could feel himself trying to retract away from the boy, but act casually about it. He stood still, but his arms moved closer to his sides, and his eyes didn't dare leave his shoes. He wasn't going to break the silence, and if he could wait it out, then the boy would likely leave, right? But Samuel underestimated the other's extravertedness.

The silence was broken by the sound of the boy's voice, which to make matters worse Sam noted had a thinly layered British accent to it. Sam cursed silently. Of course he had to be British, why not just throw something even more intimidating at the guy who already can't bare to look at him in the face. Samuel was so lost in thought on the sound of his voice that he didn't even register what the words meant for a good full ten seconds.

"Uh, yeah, uh," Samuel sputtered stupidly. Quickly, he cleared his throat, trying to feign some confidence. "That will work, I think." He took in a breath like he was going to add on, but a moment of silence had passed, and breaking it would be difficult without sounding awkward once again. He scrunched his eyes together. Gods, Samuel. Get it together. He lifted a hand and scratched the back of his head, plucking up the courage to look away from the ground. He opened his eyes and rotated his head up. His eyes came in contact with the boy's face for just an instant.

The boy had tan skin. Not the fake kind of tan from a bed or a bottle, and not really the kind of tan from being in the sun for a long time, either. It was this natural browning to his skin that was slight but present, taking away any possibility of paleness, like himself. His jaw wasn't square at the front, but also not soft. His mandible came to a defined point, and was symmetrical at both sides. His cheek bones were definitely pronounced, and those features alone were enough to quickly slap Samuel's eyes away as if he were not to look.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of something new (Private)   The start of something new (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The start of something new (Private)
Page 1 of 1