Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

how rare & beautiful :: open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

how rare & beautiful :: open Empty
PostSubject: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:12 pm

how rare & beautiful :: open ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_mc2soryMJ01rx1vxr
“Alright son, now smile - there you go. Pull back the bow to your smile - that’s it. Good job, good boy.” Spencer stood behind his son, Archer, who had a homemade haircut from his mother, light brown bangs hanging straight down in a sort of bowl cut, his cheeky grin surrounded by baby fat cheeks, freckles dotted his skin like stars. There was a bow and arrow in his hand, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Spencer had seen the talent his son had possessed at an early age, and made him start practicing. Life as a demigod would be difficult for his sons, he wanted Archer and Landon to be ready for anything that hit them. “Okay, Archer. Line up your shot and fire.” Archer did as he was told, and it was only a couple inches away from a bullseye. 

“Dad?” He asked, turning around with a curious expression, his eyes as blue as the sea. His grandfather’s eyes. Spencer didn’t know where his children inherited the dark brown hair that sat atop their heads like crowns, but they were beautiful nonetheless. 

“Yeah?” 

“Will I ever get to be a great bowman?” 

Spencer chuckled, lifting his son up onto his shoulders. He’d never lost the strength he’d gained as a teenager. “Archer, do you know why your Mom and I named you what we did?” His son shook his head, grabbing onto his hair for balance. “It’s because we knew you were destined to become greater than your father. Not your grandfather, mind you, but you’ll become the greatest bowman Camp Half Blood has ever seen. You’ve just got to be patient. Now come on, your mother’s calling us in for dinner, and you know how much she hates being kept waiting when she’s made spaghetti tacos for dinner.” 

With a sickening, thudding THWACK, Archer knew he’d hit his target. He opened his eyes, blinking as he adjusted to natural sunlight. He couldn’t hear them, but the birds were singing and the trees were whispering with the wind. Thirty feet away stood a target with an arrow still vibrating in the middle of it. His dead father had been right. If Archer was patient, he’d become the greatest bowman here. It was a nice spring day out, one that the demigod never really got to enjoy much anymore. Mostly he’d just stay locked up inside his cabin, sulking away at had he lost and what would never be found again.

At one point everyone said that the pain would go away and he’d be happy again. Archer called bullshit. Pain never went away, but one could find things to do to numb one’s pain for a while. For the legend, that thing was archery. In archery, he could lose himself in the modernness of his bow, and the sleekness of his arrows. Custom made from the children of Hephestus as a pity present. Archer didn’t need pity presents. He notched up another arrow. He needed his father back. The arrow hit its mark as he started to get another one. He needed his mother back. It fired, hit its mark, and another one was loaded. He needed his sister back. Again, it hit on point, and another one was getting ready. He needed his hearing back. 

The final arrow went wobbly, and landed in the loose dirt, scattering a few feet left of the target. Archer groaned in anger, not caring if he was being loud or not. Thinking about that memory made him so angry that he couldn’t save his family. So angry that the gods would take away the most important thing to him. Archer threw the bow on the ground and sat down in the dirt, one hand covering his face.
FABER EST QUISQUE FORTUANE SUAE
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 6:43 pm

L.M

LucaMontgomery

I was a nice print day outside. The sun was out, it wasn't too hot or to cold. The temperature was just right for Luca to spend some time outside. Luca needed to go feed His animals first. He gave JoJo, the guinea pig, food. Next was his dog, Evan, evan was Luca's Pomsky. His third animal is Ginger; however she is in the stables. So Luca, could go feed he first then maybe train a little. Luca had her food in the stables, so off her went. He walked with his bow around his body and his arrows also around his back. He stepped outside and he stopped to take a deep breath of fresh air. He heard the birds chirping. He looked up at the sun and smiled; he loved the sun's warmth hit his body. He finally started to walk to the stables. One his way walking he still remembered when he first got Ginger. 

It was Luca's tenth birthday. He always wanted to have his own horse. Katherine who was the maid spoke to his mother Heavenly about the horse. Heavenly did want to buy a horse but, she wanted to buy it as a baby first. She wanted Luca to grow up with his horse. So Katherine went to go find anyone who had baby horses. She did and she called Heavenly, Heavenly met her at the place she found the horses. They were expensive, but Katherine pitched in to help Heavenly. Heavenly was honored to have a friend like Katherine. That day Luca went outside to seeing his very own horse. Luca loved it! He then named it Ginger because he felt like of she was a person her name would be Ginger.

Luca smiled as he finally made it to the stables. He spotted where Ginger was and he grabbed the food. More like he dragged it because he wasn't the strongest person to carry the food. He started to put it in her bowl. Ginger looked happy to see Luca. Luca then started to brush her. She nudged his because she was hungry. Luca smiled and watched her walk over to her bowl and start eating. Luca smiled happy that Ginger was his. It wasn't everyday where you got to go see your own horse. He letter her and walked going to the arena now. The only thing he was good at was archery. He had trouble with using swords. He knew how to fight, but it is probably hard for him to use a sword. This is why he sticks to using his bow.

He walked around the arena making it to the archery part of the arena. Luca spotted a boy around his age maybe a bit older. Luca watched him hit the targets perfectly. Luca smiled knowing this kid was good. Then he saw the kid throw down the bow frustrated. Luca walked over to the boy sitting down on the ground. He wasn't close about five feet away from the boy. "You know we can't always be perfect. It's okay to miss the target. You just gotta keep practicing. Never give up." the son of Apollo told the boy.
WORDS: /// | OUTFIT| OOC: //
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:54 pm

how rare & beautiful :: open ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_mc2soryMJ01rx1vxr
Normally, Archer Thrush was a pretty forgiving guy. He understood that every human, no matter how perfect they seemed or how good they were, made mistakes. He understood that everyone had their bad days, and their good days, and to not necessarily judge a person based on how they handled a particular situation. Before the explosion, before all his deafness, Archer was the nicest person you could ever meet. Known as ‘the golden child’ at his school, if you had a problem - school or not - you went to Archer, and he’d help try and dig you out of your predicament. He was part of the popular crowd, and they molded into his image. If you weren’t kind and nice and helpful to the other teenagers of the school, Archer simply banished you. 

Now, after he’d lost his family and his hearing, Archer kind of snapped. There were some people - like his brother and Tessa - whom he’d always be sunshiny bright for. In his opinion, those two people deserved all the happiness they could get, and he felt it was his duty to make sure he was always an optimistic person. You’re an amazing person. You’re the best person. Archer told that to them daily, making sure it stuck in their brains that he loved the both of them, and would die for them without hesitation if it meant their safety. But anybody else and Archer kind of pushed away. It didn’t matter which cabin they came from - Athena or Apollo - the demigod tried not to get attached. Because attachment meant feelings and feelings meant bad things and bad things meant explosions and explosions meant deafness. Archer couldn’t go through that again. 

So he sat there in the dirt, beating himself up because he’d failed his father, because he’d told him he’d make him proud. Archer had missed a bullseye. A demigod named Archer should never miss a target. The only good thing, in his opinion, about losing his hearing was that his other senses were heightened. For instance, from a distance of twenty feet away, Archer could read a sign in small print perfectly. His sense of smell was better too - from the arena he could tell what they were making from lunch. Sloppy joes. So it wasn’t hard, even with one eye closed, to tell that another person was there. Archer looked up finally. 

“Hey, idiot.” He spoke out loud, knowing that the camper probably didn’t speak a lick of ASL. Most campers - most people - didn’t. It was a shame really, because they could have gotten to know Archer, and Archer was pretty amazing. “I’m deaf. D-E-A-F. Meaning I can’t hear."
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:24 am

L.M

LucaMontgomery

Luca looked at the target the kid was shooting at. He had made most of them on the bullseye except one. Luca smiled knowing he could do the same. Luca was good at archery. Being the son of Apollo it came naturally to him. He didn't always focus on archery, but he knew how to use a bow. Luca went to his own little world thinking the first time he used a bow. 

He was eleven when he went to some summer camp. They were teaching archery and he was the best in his group. There were other kids that were good in other groups, but everybody thought Luca was better. Luca didn't really care because it was camp and it was a place to have fun. It wasn't a place to always be competing and making fake friends. Luca took his archery back home and set up an archery set up in his back yard. So when he felt like practicing he could.   

Luca came back when he heard the word idiot. Luca raised an eyebrow hearing that word come out of the kids mouth. Luca looked over at the kid and stood up hearing what else the kid had to say. Luca crossed his arms and mouthed slowly for the boy to read   "I'm-not-dumb." Luca rolled his eyes. He didn't want to be rude. Luca probably should've of not dropped out of his sign language class. He dropped out because it wasn't going easy for him. He took the class for two days, but that wasn't enough for right now. 
WORDS: /// | OUTFIT| OOC: //
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:39 pm

To Archer, everyone was a bit thick. Maybe that was the Athena blood speaking through him, but a lot of people he’d met had particularly low IQ’s. That wasn’t to say he was rude about it. No. Archer knew perfectly well that it usually wasn’t their fault that they hadn’t soaked up knowledge like a sponge, that they weren’t naturally gifted like him, that they didn’t know how much carbon was in a human body. So he stayed quiet, played along with their game, talked about the subjects they were strong him and stayed far away from those they knew nothing about. Doing that was how Archer had so many friends in school. None of the football players or cheerleaders were particularly bright, though they all got A’s and B’s on their report cards. However, once they had passed their finals, they forgot the information. Archer, though, he remembered it.

Just like he remembered his father. Just like he remembered his mother. Just like he remembered his sister. The demigod was constantly hounded by their ghosts and their memories. It didn’t help that long ago his mom and dad stood where he was standing, shooting arrows and jeering at each other. That was what his parents did, insulted each other so the other one could do their very best. Their footprints were imprinted in the ground, guiding their son. It should have given Archer a sense of peace. It didn’t. It just made him more lonely, more pitiful, knowing he’d failed them. This kid, no matter who he was or how good his intentions were, wasn’t help either. 

The other demigod also didn’t know ASL. Great. That just made Archer’s life ten times more difficult than it had to be. He couldn’t grasp why kids didn’t learn ASL. It was a great tool, it made communication easier between deaf people and people who could hear. He looked up at the kid, reading his lips. Archer formed the same shapes with his own mouth silently, trying to eliminate possibilities.  I’m-not-dumb. 

“You could have fooled me.” This wasn’t Archer speaking. This was something new. A monster. It frightened him, yet he couldn’t stop. “Have you ever actually tried learning anything? Besides Archery, I mean. Actually, you’re not even that great at Archery. I bet I’m better. My name’s Archer, which makes me the best bowman in camp."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how rare & beautiful :: open   how rare & beautiful :: open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how rare & beautiful :: open
Page 1 of 1