Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

we were never welcome here;;

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

we were never welcome here;; Empty
PostSubject: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:47 pm

INTRODUCTION

The last character topic I made, it was June 20th, and since then... well, I'm actually insanely bothered by how my character topic was. Something about the organization, I don't know. Anywho, this is my new topic!

Welcome to where my characters reside. Read their past, read what makes them tick. Who they became all depended on their past, after all. Here they toe the line between good and not so good, and there's an incredibly grey area. Count that as a warning about the sort of personalities will be here.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:58 pm

GENERAL

CURRENT ACTIVES...
  • Kalina Nikolova; Daughter of Hyperion
  • Rana Jackson; Daughter of Eris
  • Kagami; Kitsune
  • Avery Donovan; Son of Dionysus
  • Karma Alexander; Daughter of Hecate
  • Kathryn De Brùn; Daughter of Athena (Unclaimed)
  • Eden Scofield; Daughter of Perses
  • Auburn Devereux; Daughter of Iris
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

CANON CHARACTERS...
  • Artemis; Goddess of the Hunt
  • Calypso; A Minor Goddess Nymph

INACTIVE...
  • Kendra Lehane; Daughter of Hecate
  • Kegan Lehane; Daughter of Nemesis
  • Grace Moon; Daughter of Aphrodite
  • Constance Newman; Daughter of Athena
  • Charity McKenna; Daughter of Nyx, Hunter of Artemis
  • Chantarelle Browne; Daughter of Aeolus
  • Kaida Lin Vargas; Daughter of Ouranos
  • Adara Lorelie; Daughter of Pontus
  • Aisline LaVarrney; Daughter of Melinoe
  • Jai Harris; Daughter of Chronos
  • Rook Harris; Son of Erebus
  • Willow Hale; A Wood Nymph
  • Thomas De la Cruz; Son of Dinlas
  • Serenity Arrington; Daughter of Macaria
  • Thalia Jenkins; Daughter of Thanatos
  • Curiosity "Zee" Temperance; Daughter of Aphrodite
  • Riley Jae Williams; Daughter of Hermes
  • Mikayla "Ace" Littner (Up for Adoption); Daughter of Eris
  • Vivien Emma Elizabeth; Daughter of Amphitrite
  • Auburn Spallin; Daughter of Iris
  • Skyla Stars; Daughter of Hecate
  • Leena Hale; Unclaimed Daughter of Chronos
  • Shayenne "Shay" Caulfield; Unclaimed Daughter of Athena
  • Veronica "Ronnie" Lyric; Daughter of Apollo
  • Buffy Summers; Daughter of Khione
  • Anyanka Harris; Daughter of Zeus
  • Cole Notte; Daughter of Nyx
  • Ebony Knight; Daughter of Ares (NPC)
  • Elijah Gray; Son of Pysche
  • Charlie Grandge; Daughter of Iris

FACE CLAIMS...
  • Lalaine Ann Vergara-Paras; Kaida Lin Vargas
  • * Berit Birkeland; Aphrodite De LaMarco
  • Danielle Campbell; Karma Alexander
  • Sara Canning; Isabelle Carstairs
  • * Charisma Carpenter; Jai Harris
  • Chloe Bennet; Unused
  • Lily Collins; Kathryn De Brùn
  • * Nina Dobrev; Kalina Nikolova & Kagami
  • * Sarah Michelle Gellar; Buffy Summers
  • * Katerina Graham; Unused
  • Lucy Hale; Skyla Stars
  • Claire Holt; Kayla Gilbert
  • * Jacqueline Jossa; Cole Notte
  • Mimi Keene; Unused
  • Mary-Kate Olsen; Thalia Jenkins
  • Ashley Olsen; Serenity Arrington
  • * Kristen Stewart; Rana Jackson
  • * Michelle Tractenberg; Veronica Lyric
  • Emma Watson; Calypso
  • Hayley Williams; Ebony Knight
  • Nicholas Brendan; Rook Harris
  • * Robert Pattinson; Unused
  • * Taylor York; Elijah Gray

* Those Marked with a Star, I will not share. All the others, I have no problem in sharing if you ask too (:
    Those which are crimson are already shared.

THEME SONGS...
  • Kalina Nikolova;  Youth by Daughter Warrior by Demi Lovato
  • Rana Jackson; Give me Love by Ed Sheeran Stronger Than Ever by Raleigh Ritchie
  • Kagami; Brand New Eyes Tour Intro by Paramore
  • Avery Donovan; Can We Dance by The Vamps
  • Karma Alexander; Babel by Mumford and Sons
  • Kathryn De Brùn; Happiness is Overrated by Airborne Toxic Event
  • Eden Scofield; Prison Break Theme by Ramin Djawadi
  • Auburn Devereux; Stars by Russell Crowe
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

RELATIONSHIPS...
  • Kalina Nikolova; Confused (Kamuel- Kalina x Samuel)
  • Rana Jackson; Unhappy
  • Kagami; More interested in destruction
  • Avery Donovan; Flirt
  • Karma Alexander; Too innocent
  • Kathryn De Brùn; Happy (Anryn- Andrew x Kathryn)
  • Eden Scofield; Too busy
  • Auburn Devereux; Back again (Tayburn- Taylor x Auburn)
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

THE PERKS...
  • Mystery Box; Magical Necklace thing which was given to Kegan Lehane.
  • Extra Character Spot Won From Fanfic Contest; Used on Avery Donovan
  • Extra Character Spot; Used on Eden Scofield
  • Extra Character Spot (Value Pack); Used On Kalina Nikolova
  • Extra Character Spot (Mystery Box); Used on --- --- (Upcoming Character)
  • Power Boost (Value Pack); Unused
  • Weapon Perk (Value Pack); Unused
  • Pet Perk (Value Pack); Unused
  • Extra BTC (Value Pack); Used on Kalina Nikolova
  • 500 Posts BTC; Used on Eden Scofield

Last edited by Captain Jack Sparrow on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 pm

CHARACTER ONE; KALINA NIKOLOVA

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n47i6abqKK1rxmwhyo3_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n47i6abqKK1rxmwhyo2_250

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR...

Name: Калина Деянова Николова - Kalina Deyanova Nikolova
Name Meaning:
Kalina - Rowan Tree
Nicknames: Kali, Lina, Nikol
Date of Birth: 6th of June, 1997
Godly Parent: Hyperion, Lord of Light and Titan of the East
Claimed: Not by the light and symbol, but she is aware on who her father is.
Years at Camp: Four years, since she was 12 and a half.

SHE LIVES IN A FAIRYTALE...

Mortal Family:

• Mariana Dessislava Nikolova Neè Stoyanova (Mother): Mariana Nikolova was born in a small Bulgarian town. Her parents loved her very much, as she was an only child, and while they frowned upon some of her life choices, they wouldn't have dreamt of cutting ties with her. She was a very popular girl in her school, with her looks being admired by many men. However, she was quite shy about any male attention, and she had been forced to go to the dance where she met Deyan by all her friends, who'd set her up with a very athletic senior. And he bored her. When her eyes met Deyan's across the refreshments table, her life changed forever. The young couple married just out of school, and soon after baby Yana was born.
Her parents were heartbroken when they made the choice to move countries, but Mariana promised them they would visit as frequently as possible, and would send letters and pictures even more often. The simply holiday they took to see if they would be able to get a home easily in the new country changed everything for Mariana, when, in New York, she met Hyperion through her dreams. However, much later, when she explained to her unusual child what she was, she described it as "I fell in love with Deyan. With Hyperion, I simply fell in lust." But, not leaving it there, she continued, "Kalina, you were the greatest gift I could have been given. I have never, ever regretted meeting Hyperion, or having you."
A couple years after the move to Windsor, Canada, Mariana realized she wanted to provide for her family as well as Deyan providing. Seeking out a course in cookery, which had always been a talent of hers, she continued until she was working in a successful restaurant. Another few years meant she perfected her skill, and at this point in time she owns a small bakery, which has a good enough income.

• Deyan Stoyanov Nikolov (Step-Father): Deyan Nikolov had more of an average life than Mariana did. He wasn't popular in his school, and the best thing that ever happened to him was when he met Mariana. He never looked back. Deyan's parents had four children, but they financed the move the couple took. He felt... he felt like Mariana had betrayed him, when he first found out Kalina wasn't his child. But then he realized that some unknown man who is as old as time couldn't be more of a father to his middle child than he had been for her whole life. He would never wish for Kalina to not have been born, because he loves her as much as he loves his other children.

• Yana Deyanova Nikolova (Older Half-Sister): Yana was known as the smart child, and always made it her mission to outdo her younger sister. Probably because she was jealous of suddenly losing the attention. But she loves Kalina very much, and always will. She's there if her sister ever needs advice or help, and Kali would do the same for her.

• Petar Deyanov Nikolov (Younger Half-Brother): Petar is the youngest Nikolov child, thirteen years old right now. He's always felt his sisters get more attention, but in truth he loves them anyway. 

Hometown: 
Born In; Sofia, Bulgaria
Living In; Windsor, Canada
Brief History:
Mariana Stoyanova met her future husband many years ago. Sixteen years old, popular, yet shy of the attention she received from the opposite gender, she'd grown up in a safe little bubble, ignoring those lesser than her and socializing with those at her level. She was a girl who had definite plans for her future, and was working towards them slowly but surely.
The night she met Deyan Nikolov, she had been forced by her friends to go with a senior. A super handsome senior, sure, but not really her type. He talked about nothing but himself, and the dates he'd been on, and the stuff he'd won, etc. As a last ditch effort type thing, Mariana excused herself, saying she was parched and needed a drink. He would have accompanied her, but she made a fuss, saying that he didn't deserve to miss out on dancing just because she needed a drink, and possibly the loo. Deyan's excuse to his date, a nerdy girl who had asked him rather than the other way around, was nearly the same. He insisted that she should find someone to dance with while he got some food and rested for a few moments. By chance, they ended up at the exact same refreshments table. She smiled at him across it, and he sort of nervously smoothed his hair, cause he knew who Mariana Stoyanova was and that he did not deserve to have gotten a smile from her. It was that night that shaped the rest of their lives, as they both took to the dancefloor together and never thought twice about the dates they had left behind. It might have been a romantic cliche, the meeting when you're already on a date, and then ignoring said dates, but it wasn't like it had been planned. It was spontaneous, with Mariana taking notice of a boy she wouldn't have given the time of day to before.
For the final two years of schooling, the two continued their relationship. It was seen as sweet, cute and cuddly, and Mariana's friends insisted that as soon as school was done the relationship would be too. Deyan's friends thought it was hilarious, sure that he was lying about who he was or something to keep such a beautiful and popular girl for so long. But the honest truth was that they were falling deeply in love. It was uncontrollable, and even if they had wanted things to be different they wouldn't have been able to stop it. However, while they would laugh at the remarks on how they wouldn't last after school, both were worried and frightened that all of them would come true. 
About a month after school ended, on a rainy day, Deyan arrived on Mariana's doorstep with a soggy bouquet of flowers, and one of his goofy smiles. She hurried him inside, as the rain lashed down, and told him that her parents had left for the weekend to an Aunt's house. She thought the reason he was there was completely different to the actual one. Imagine her shock when he knelt down in drenched pants and a coat, and fumbled in his pocket for a moment before producing a small little box. His nerves seemed to take over at this point, and his big long speech flew out the window. So he stuttered "Well.. w-we know there have been those p-people who thought we wouldn't last. And I-I don't want that to be true. I-I want to be with you for the rest of my life M-Mariana." At this point he grew more confident, sure of his words, "I didn't think I deserved you at all. But I realize now that if you hadn't wanted me then you wouldn't have taken me. I'm in love with you Mariana Stoyanova. But I want you to be more than Mariana Stoyanova, popular and pretty. I want you to be Mariana Nikolova, popular and beautiful. So... Mariana, I promise that if you say yes, I will always love you. I will honor you and obey you, because who are we kidding, you wear the pants in this relationship. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?' Need he have asked? Mariana didn't even need to think about her answer. Not even caring that he was so wet he was dripping on her parents carpet, she threw herself at him, saying yes, yes of course she'd marry him!
Her parents might not have approved of getting married straight out of school, and not continue to higher education, but they couldn't deny what had been in front of them for two years. They were pretty sure that Deyan loved Mariana more than anything else in the world, and though they wouldn't admit it, they were slightly taken by the young man. He was a gentleman, of course. They were happy to see her marry the man she loved eight months later. They were even happier when ten months after that, their first grandchild was born, Yana, named after her Mother's Mother. They doted upon little Yana, who was a beautiful baby. 
Now, it came time for the couple to make a move to a new hometown, as they started to feel that their child should grow up somewhere different to the town they and the rest of their families had grown up in. Making the move to the city of Sofia, they bought a small two bedroom home with funds saved during childhood years. And it was a happy existence. They both got jobs, Deyan in a small office, and Mariana in a restaurant. It was an even happier existence when Mariana's parents decided to move to be closer to their grandchild, and moved into a house just down the road. Deyan's parents, while delighted to have a Daughter-In-Law like Mariana and a Grandchild like Yana, couldn't upsticks and move because of their other children. They would visit once a week, on the Sunday, and would attend dinner with Deyan, Mariana, Yana and Mariana's parents. 
Soon, it was Yana's third birthday. A bright young child, she was the pride and joy of her young parents and her Grandparents. Being the first Grandchild ment she was given everything that it was possible to give her, and it made her slightly spoiled.
But suddenly, without much warning, Deyan had an idea. He had long grown tired of the same old towns and shops and such, feeling like he wasn't living his full life being stuck in the same place as his ancestors. That didn't mean he loved Mariana any less. She was the Mother of his child and the love of his life. He was just tired of living the same life his Great-Grandparents would have lived. And so, he sat down his wife and asked her, straight out. "Are you happy in this life? Or would you like something more?" He proceeded to explain how he was feeling, and how he felt Yana would gain so much more in another country, living a unique life. Mariana was confused at first, but as he explained, found herself enthralled. It appealed to her too, living a new life in a new country with new jobs and new everything.
It took little time to convince her, and then Deyan's only problem was that he had no money to fund a big move like they would be taking. So he did the only thing he knew to do: He approached his Father, and asked if he would fund the move. If he would give them enough money to buy a home, get them jobs and just get them over there. Now, Stoyan loved his son. He might have had two daughters and two sons, but he loved each equally. And he also loved his Daughter-In-Law and his Granddaughter. He saw that this was what they wanted, and sadly agreed to give them the money he was asking for, to give them the new life they wanted. He didn't want to say goodbye. Stoyan was a family man. But he couldn't stand by and watch his son get even more unhappy than he was already.
Mariana's parents had a similar reaction when she told them. They didn't want to lose Yana, or her, or the young man who had taken her heart. After making her promise to visit her homeland as often as possible, they grudgenly accepted it. And as a late wedding present to her, funded a three month trip for the couple, as a way to see where they would live and such. It was arranged that they would go and visit some well known American towns, and some little known, and also spend a week or two looking through some Canadian towns. The couple was adamant that they wanted a home within America, but they agreed to look at homes and job opportunity's in some towns near the border between Canada and America. For the three months, Yana would spend time with her Grandparents: Six weeks with the Stoyanov's and six weeks with the Nikolov's.
They left from Bulgaria when Yana was three and a half.
For about a two weeks they visited well known cities like Los Angeles and Chicago, spending a little time in each and realizing that none of them had exactly what they were looking for. And then, when they arrived in New York, everything changed. 
It was only the first of four nights they were staying in NY. The young couple had gone to sleep early, as they would need to be up early to view homes and look for the jobs they wanted within the city. Mariana wanted to cook, and Deyan wanted to go back to school and get a law degree. 
It was as she fell into a deep sleep that it happened.
Mariana described it later as if she had woken up inside a dream. Like she'd been asleep there too, and suddenly she was awake. The location was breathtaking. A massive white temple on top of a large hill. When she looked out the golden doors, she could see crystal clear waters and white sand beaches, and the sight of distant islands out to see. She couldn't remember ever seeing something so beautiful before, and when she turned to look inside the temple, found herself drawn inside. It was amazingly pretty, with large stained glass windows going up each side, depicting a sun rising. The window at the very back was the sun fully risen, and the light was always shining through it, which led her to believe wherever it was, the temple was facing east. At this point she had walked the full length of the temple style building, marveling at it. Then, she heard heavy footsteps behind her. When she turned, Mariana couldn't believe what she saw. Later, she couldn't fully describe what the man behind her looked like. All she could truly recall was that his eyes were like gold which was starting to cool. She could only describe what he looked like by saying that he was like every handsome man she had ever seen, ever, all rolled into one. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc. Naturally, she was kind of shocked, and asked the first thing that came to her mind "Whats your name? Who are you?". The man smiled at her, and he told her the answer in a way which clearly meant he thought she should already know this. "I am Hyperion." What happened after she had finished answering questions is something which doesn't need to be told. She was drawn to this man, and couldn't seem to stop herself.
As Mariana and Deyan continued around America, and eventually the Canadian towns and cities, she continued to have these dreams. Not every single night, but every few nights. At first she felt embarrassed, and like she was doing something wrong. But then she realized, its only a dream. A fantasy, nothing real. It was not wrong to have this fantasies, because at least she wasn't physically cheating on her husband. It was just a dream.
On the final night of their search, Mariana was visited by Hyperion once more. This time however, it was different. They spoke, and she was sure he was sounding like he was leaving. When she asked him, "Are you leaving me?", he smiled sadly. "Where you are going, I cannot follow." She asked why, why couldn't he follow, and Hyperion shook his head, "I am not permitted. It is beyond my strength." This hurt her, as she had been sure he would follow to Bulgaria. She found herself wanting him to come, but even as she started to beg, he lent down and kissed her forehead, and turned on his heel. However, as he turned and started to walk out the door, where the sun was for the first time since the dreams had started setting, he stopped and spoke his final sentences. "She will be gentle. But the gentle ones are the ones who contain the most potential for power, and in turn the most potential for hate."
Mariana had no idea what this meant, and as he walked out the door, she woke up, the alarm beside her beeping.
Back in Bulgaria, they had sorted out exactly where they were going to live. Yana had been happy to have her parents back, of course, and her Grandparents were terribly sad to know it was their final few weeks with her. And then Mariana found out that she was pregnant. And by doing the dates, and knowing she and her husband hadn't in weeks... well she realized that something unbelievable had happened. She realized that her dream lover had to be the one who had fathered her child. But how was that possible? It was just a dream after all.
Sitting Deyan down, she told him the good news, that she was pregnant. But before she could explain about her lover and how even if it seemed unbelievable it was the truth, he was jumping for joy, happy to know he was having another child. And she couldn't bring herself to tell him the truth, even if it would have been easier. He was so happy.
The couple decided together to postpone the move. Their parents knew she was pregnant, and instead of having their child born in another country and for her/his Grandparents to not be able to see her/him till she/he was able to travel, they decided to stay in Bulgaria. The home they were going to take was lost, unfortunately, but they had a back up.
Kalina Deyanova Nikolova was born on the sixth of June, 1997, to her mother Mariana and her Step-Father Deyan. The second child to them, and the second grandchild to her Grandparents. Her elder sister Yana was four and a bit. For a year and a half she grew up in the city Sofia, until Mariana and Deyan decided it was time to complete the move. 
Only a week later, they were painting their home in Windsor, Canada, and moving furniture into their little girls' rooms.
Kalina had a fairly stable home life. Her Mother adored her, her Step-Father (Or Father, as she thought of him) was proud of her. Her elder sister was there for her, even if she felt that her younger sister suddenly gained too much attention. Yana was immediately enrolled in Martial Arts classes, and was what many would call "The Smart Sister". Because Kalina was both younger and more naive than her, people never realized she was just as smart. Yana did Martial Arts, Piano, Language Classes and other extra-curricular activities. Kalina did the Martial Arts because she was made too by her parents, she did Languages because she liked them, and as she grew up she developed a love for dancing. When Kalina was only three, Mariana gave birth to Petar, the baby boy of the family, and fourth Grandchild (One of Deyan's sisters had given birth to a baby girl a few months before). The family was fairly happy. Kalina's only trouble in school was the fact she had Dyslexia and ADHD. It meant she was unable to concentrate as fully as others, but she tried. She honestly did try, and she managed to keep her grades up. She even managed to go to dance classes, and one of her biggest dreams was to be a cheerleader as soon as she got into High School. Every year the family would make one trip to Bulgaria to visit their family, and their Grandparents couldn't wait to lavish attention upon their Grandchildren.
Throughout the early years of Kalina's life, Mariana worked in a restaurant and worked to receive a proper cooking degree and as soon as she had saved enough money opened a small bakery of her own. Deyan worked until he achieved a law degree, and then began working in a small law firm. All in all, they provided everything they could for their family.
But when Kalina turned 12, the happy life which had been formed by her parents came crashing down within only a few minutes.
One day she was sitting in the living room, playing with Petar and trying to reach for something under the couch. It had fallen down, and too Kali it was a life or death situation. She needed it to continue with the game she was playing. When her hand closed around the small metal object, she pulled it out, and stared at the small thing. (It was in fact a thimble, which Mariana had dropped the day before. But she didn't know that). Now, the twelve year old girl found this little thing utterly fascinating. She had no idea what it was, and immediately left the living room and began walking towards the kitchen. The door was closed, which wasn't a rare occurance in the home. Her parents had a thing about heat and electricity, etc, and they made sure all of their children were aware of keeping heat in. They were encouraged to shut windows and doors behind them. Kalina wanted to show her Mother what she had found, but as she put her hand on the doorknob she heard her name being spoken. Naturally, she listened more carefully so that she could hear what was being said. A lot was being said between Mariana and Deyan, and most of it was in Bulgarian. But she was fluent in the language even then, and could understand most of it. And what she heard... the most poignant part said was from her Mother: "I tried to tell you Deyan! I tried! When I sat you down to tell you I was pregnant with her, I tried to tell you that Kalina couldn't have been yours! I know it seems hard to believe, I realize that, but I swear to you that I never physically cheated on you. I never thought anything of it. It was a fantasy. But you didn't listen! You believed that Kalina was your baby, your little girl, and how could I ruin that? How could I tell you I had an affair within a dream? You would never have believed me!"
Kalina was a smart girl. She wasn't just a pretty face. And she realized what her Mother was saying. Deyan wasn't her Father. Her Daddy wasn't her Daddy. Dropping the thimble, she raced out the front door, tears in her eyes.
She survived two days on her own. Two days where she didn't even leave the City. She knew it had been a dumb thing to do, but how could she go back when her life had been a lie? She wasn't Yana and Petar's sister. Only a half-sibling. And she didn't even know who her real Dad was. Kalina wanted to go home, she really did, but every time she turned around to make her way back she remembered that her Mother had lied to her, and let her grow up with someone who wasn't her Father. And it just made her turn around and continue walking away.
Its very possible she would have continued being a runaway, until the Cops came and picked her up, if what happened next hadn't happened. On the morning of the third day, she was sitting in an alley. It was dark and dank, but she was adamant she wouldn't budge until she had too.
That was when the cyclops found her. She didn't think she was seeing it right, because surely someone couldn't have one eye. But when it bellowed and swiped down at her, she knew that this was real, this wasn't a dream. Moving to the side, she wasn't quick enough. The cyclops hit her from the side into the brick wall beside her, and she felt her arm twisting unnaturally. She landed on broken glass, but unfortunately, she didn't black out. The pain didn't float away as she lost consciousness. Instead it was there, and she was crying for her Mother, and for her Father, and for anyone, just wanting help. She wanted to go home, she wished she'd never left, never heard what she had heard.
Then, suddenly, as the cyclops closed in on her, there was a flash of light. It would have blinded her, but some sense told her to squeeze her eyes shut. Even that didn't kill all the harsh glare, and after a moment, when it died down, she opened her eyes to someone standing over her. Kalina curled away, thinking it was the monster, and yelped in pain as she rolled onto her arm. But it wasn't the cyclops. A man who had heard her crying from the pavement at the top of the ally had rushed down to see what was going on to find her on the ground.
Thankfully, she managed to drift away as the man called the ambulance and they loaded her in. Not unconscious, or anything of the sort. She just managed to sort of drift, not really feeling anything, but knowing what was happening. As soon as she was in the ambulance and moving towards a hospital, she did however drift off into an uneasy sleep.
Kalina woke up in the hospital the next morning, with her arm in a heavy cast and little bandages wrapped around the worst of the glass wounds. Her Mother was sitting beside her, and Deyan was sitting on her other side, holding her good hand. She was instantly awake, and Mariana asked her daughter tearfully why she'd runaway. Kali simply replied "You said Daddy wasn't my Daddy. You had an affair. I wasn't wanted." And then Mariana burst into more tears and told her no, no she was wanted, she was. And then Deyan explained that he had always known there was something different about Kalina, something that Yana and Petar didn't have. But he said, it wasn't that she didn't have his genes. It was because she was just a little more special. He told her that she might be someone elses biological daughter, but he was her "Everything Daddy."
Mariana had to assure Kali that her and Deyan weren't going to get divorced. Deyan even had to promise he still loved Mariana as much as he ever had.
And once she was calmed down, Mariana explained to her Daughter everything which needed to be explained. That her real Dad was Hyperion, a Titan, and that she was magical in her own way. She was her gift.
When Kalina was able to leave hospital, her Mother came to pick her up, saying that Deyan was staying with Yana and Petar while she brought her to a place she needed to be brought too. Getting in the car, Kali was worried, thinking maybe her Mother was bringing her away, but she was soon given an answer. "I received a letter this morning Kalina, and it told me of a place where you would be safe. You're special, and being who you are, you're going to attract attention. The letter was an adress, and the few words "Now one monster has found her, others will. She will be safe here." I believe it Kali. Its time for you to go where you'll be safe, even if I don't understand it."
They arrived at Camp Half-Blood the next morning, although it was a wonder they even found the Pine tree. They walked up the hill and Kalina stood on top of it, looking down in awe at the Camp. It had everything. A Climbing Wall, Cabins, a Beach, a Strawberry Field. And suddenly a half-man half-horse guy was standing right there with her, smiling. 
Chiron explained everything about Camp to Kalina, and in turn to Mariana. He explained what it was, and that children of Gods were safe here. He told her Mother about how Demigods could choose to be Year Rounders or Summer Campers, and that they were claimed and put into the Cabin of their Parent. He then asked did Mariana know what her past lover had been called. When she told him, Chiron's smile fell ever so slightly, but only for a second, and then he was as normal. 
Kalina's choice was to stay as a Summer Camper.
The Hera Cabin was hard to get used too. She missed her Mother, her Step-Father, her Sister and her Brother. She just wanted to go home, really. And everytime she told someone the name of her father, her real father, they would instantly change and wouldn't act the same again. Because she wasn't well versed in Greek History she didn't realize why being the child of a Titan was frowned upon by many. But when she did realize, it hurt her a lot. That people would instantly think something because who her biological father was. 
However, the year she spent back home with her parents was spent constantly sighting monsters. Empousa, hellhounds, more cyclops. She couldn't deal with it anymore. They frightened her, and that was for sure.
So Kali has been a Year Rounder since she came back to Camp aged 13. 

A BEAUTY HALF BETRAYED...

Physical Appearance:
Kalina would be described in one word as pretty. On first glance, it seems that she would be very easy to lust after. But after a few seconds speaking to her, people tend to realize that she isn't just a pretty face.
Kali's hair is very long, falling well down her back when completely straight. She likes to wear it hanging loose and as straight as possible, or when she's incredibly lazy just down and in lots of little curls. When she comes in after a long day, her hair would be described as messy and windswept, with small strands hanging around her face randomly. In looks, her hair doesn't seem very thick when its straight. Even with layers, it looks rather thin, but in reality, its actually very thick. This can be seen when she wears it in little curls, and you'd almost swear she'd grown about seven inches more hair overnight. Many people think that it would bother her, always hanging down around her face, in her way when she's training or what have you. In complete honesty though, Kalina is used to it. She's not too bothered by her hair, and if she was, she'd tie it back.
Her eyes are the first thing which many people notice about her. They're a very warm brown color, with little lights sparkling within them. However, they don't remain the same shade of brown. Kali's eyes alternate between a rich, slightly-darker-than amber brown, and a dark, bottomless feeling brown. They don't seem to signify anything other than peculiar eyes, but in fairness, Kalina wouldn't know if there's a difference, because she can't see her eyes without a mirror. There's no pattern to it either: She doesn't wake up every second day with super dark eyes, or vice versa. Its random, and even her family wouldn't be able to tell you a system to it.
Kali is very tanned. Most would say its because she spends most of her time outdoors, because she doesn't want to be cooped up. But it also has to do with where in the world her mother was born and raised, and where her grandmother was born and raised, and etc. People in Bulgaria would be known to having slightly more tanned skin than people who live in say Ireland. Kalina has inherited her mother's genes, and has a slightly darker tint to her skin than others anyway. Couple that with the additional tanning she gets from being outside so much, then she has a very even, and very natural looking tan. Kali has very few major scars, and any blemishes and scars she does have are between small and medium size. However, she does have some scars on the back of her right arm, which would be described as major. And on her right leg, she has two long claw marks going from the top of her thigh to a little above her knee. These are from the monster attack which led to her coming to Camp. Kali rarely feels the need to hide these scars, seeing them as something normal and perfectly fine. Sometimes though, if she's doing something like going to a dance or whatever, she suddenly feels shy, not wanting to show these scars to anyone, in case they find them vulgar.
Kalina's face is actually the first indication that she's not a born and bred Canadian girl. Her tan could be passed off as excessive sunbathing, but her face tells you everything. She has softly pronounced cheekbones and an exotic facial shape. Her lips are a light pink color naturally, and her bottom lip is full. Her top lip, while in proportion to the bottom, seems a little too thin, but if she's noticed this flaw, it doesn't bother her too much. Her eyes, which are almond shaped, are usually outlined lightly in black eyeliner, mascara and sometimes eyeshadow. She doesn't feel the need to overdo it with makeup, and instead wears only a light layer, with pastel colored lipsticks. Her eyes have short, thick eyelashes outlining them, and her eyebrows are plucked in a neat, thin line.
Kalina isn't very tall. She would be called below average, and its a bit of a sore subject. She's always given the impression of being childlike, small and thin with few visible muscles. Many describe her as weak looking, but in reality she can handle herself. Her parents put all of their children into self-defense lessons, as soon as they were old enough. She's grown up to be skilled in Ju-Jitsu. This means that while she doesn't have the muscle upper hand, she does have the skill. 
Kalina's dressing style is comfortable yet stylish. She isn't incredibly vain, even if she does hold some value in her looks, but she isn't one to wear sweats all the time either. She loves leather jackets and jeans, cami's and shorts. She also loves plain old tracksuit bottoms, but she would wear a dress if the occasion arose. Kali likes converse sneakers, and her wardrobe practically consists of them. She has lots of different colors, and some have been doodled on so much its hard to know was there any sort of pattern on them before.
She likes to wear some jewelry, meaning silver hoop earrings and the occasional necklace. She doesn't own many rings or bracelets, but she does wear the latter when she's in the mood to wear one.
Face Claim: Nina Dobrev (<3)

IGNORANCE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND...

Personality:
Kalina is a very sweet, very underestimated girl, who many people get the wrong opinion on. They see her as one thing, and can go through their whole friendship believing that's how she is. However, most of the time, peoples first impressions are wrong, and only those who can read through the lines that see the true Kali.
She's quite sarcastic, in a dry sort of way. She doesn't aim to hurt with her quick fire answers, instead just aiming to get the final word in. She does however answer before she thinks things through fully. The result of this is that her answer either doesn't make sense, or is hurtful. Kalina isn't overly sarcastic, or obnoxiously sarcastic, but most of the time its more a joking sort of way, teasing while at the same time not teasing. Another aspect of this sarcasm is how witty she is. She's got a good sense of humor, for sure, and her answers can be both serious and funny.
She can be very, very blunt. Kali will give a straight answer to a question she's asked directly, and will always tell you the honest truth. She doesn't sugar coat what she tells you, and her way of thinking is "If everyone would just tell each other the truth, without hiding anything, then the world would be a much, much better place. Cause then you wouldn't have people hurt and stuff over something which has been put off and put off. They can get over it before the situation gets worse.". This doesn't mean she isn't understanding and kind, and she'll word it as nicely as possible. But she doesn't like to lie, even if it means protecting someone from the horrible truth. She simply thinks that everything would be so much better if people would tell what they know before it escalates.
Kalina is a very cunning, and she's perfectly capable of making a secretive, scheming plan. It would be called a flaw, that she feels the need to get involved in things which wouldn't usually concern her. She'll scheme and she'll work and at the end she'll have a Plan which might not be perfect, but one which she'll want to try anyway. She's always planning for the next problem, and in every situation life throws at her she manages to keep a cool head, because she's prepared. And she is very prepared. Nothing ever seems to truly panic her, and she's usually the one to openly work towards a solution, whereas others would be running around like headless chickens trying to calm down.
Sweet and kind, she's the one who will always be there for her friends. Nothing could pull her away from them, and she's there with some advice or some help, every single time. Her kindness knows no bounds, as said. 
This brings us to one of her many potentially fatal flaws, how loyal she is. She would never, ever abandon someone who has been granted her undying trust. Once she trusts someone, she trusts them until they do something directly harmful to her or her other friends. But up until that point, anyone who's gained her as a friend has a incredibly loyal and trusting ally by their side. Her friends lives mean so much to her, and Kalina would never hurt them with meaning, or leave them to be hurt. She'll stick with them until the moment she can't physically be there. She's compassionate enough that anyone in pain, anyone at all, will have her undivided attention. Kali's natural instinct is too help a person who needs help, and protect someone or something which needs protection. Its so bad that she would instantly throw herself into a fight for them, or throw herself into harms way, just to help.
Kali is a veyr loving person, who wears her heart on her sleeve for all to see. Because of this she gets hurt more times than people would believe possible, and yet she can't be careful. She's naive, and always thinks that things will change, or that people will be as kind to her as she is to them. That's not always the case though, and many end up hurting this kind soul who they don't realize is actually quite trusting. No one realizes just how soft she is, just how much she can be hurt by words and jabs. Its unfortunate, but there's nothing that can be done unless Kali learns to be more careful. 
Any joke which Kalina says can't be taken to heart. Anyone who becomes her friend realizes that, because honestly, Kali is as soft as a kitten. She says everything in good jest, and is ignorant to what others will feel and think after its been said. Her heart is always in the right place, even if people don't realize.
As well as being very trusting, Kalina is also a very forgiving person. Unless you've tried to kill her, or tried to kill someone she cares about, she won't think twice about letting you back into her good books once she's calmed down from what you have done. 
Kalina is very, very smart. Many thought that because of her ADHD, and because of her Dyslexia, she wouldn't be able to learn as much as others. She proved them wrong by becoming fluent in three different languages, Bulgarian, French and Romanian, and by learning the martial arts that her sister learned. She learnt them not by book learning, but by having the words spoken, and the moves shown to her. And she picked them up, even at her young age, because she wanted to prove that just because she had a reading disability, and a short attention span, she could do anything that others could do. She surpassed the boundary set by others, and to this day she has a competitive streak. She wants to win, and she wants to be the best she can possibly be. If she loses, she'll work harder than many others would work, just so that she can win the next time she does what it is she lost. Her competitive streak gets her into hard situations, and sometimes bad situations, because she wants to continue until she's won. 
Kali is a very confident young lady, and that shows after a few seconds speaking to her. She's not shy to speak whatevers on her mind, and once its said she won't say "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to blurt that out!". She thinks that whatever she says needed to be said, and doesn't always see how its going to affect others. Even the way Kali carries herself as she walks shows how confident she is, although in honesty she's probably a little too confident.
Kalina has a bit of a temper on her. Its funny really, when you think about it, because she seems to be a very sweet, gentle girl. But if you do something that she doesn't agree with, or that has gone against her, you'll soon know about it. Her anger is sort of like a storm, and it won't calm down until you can manage to get her too forgive you. Which, if what you've done isn't incredibly serious, shouldn't be too long. But at the time, it'll seem like a very big deal to her, and she'll not be calmed down until there's at least been an apology.
She's sort of manipulative. Not in a serious way, or in a way which could be seen as bad. Most of the time, Kali doesn't even realize she's doing what she's doing until its too late. She just wants what she wants, and when she wants it she wants it at that moment. If she can send a flirty smile towards someone, just to get what she wants, then she will. Its not a problem, and its not something that might get her in a load of trouble, its just something she does.
Kalina is a little too prideful. Anything which she has done, whether it be something small or something big, she's proud of. Too proud of, in honesty. And if anyone says something against her, its taken as a personal insult. She feels that she can do things better than anyone else would have been able too, which is a bad thing in many cases because she cannot accept someone's help. Kali would need to be coerced into accepting help from anyone, and even then she's like the nagging back seat driver, always telling you what you're doing wrong and how you could improve.
She also has a dark streak. Its the part of her that holds her temper, and holds her manipulative nature. Its not like Kalina realizes its there. Even she doesn't know she has it. Its just this part of her which is like the darkness to her peppy light. It balances her out. 
  • Winning. 
  • Chocolate Ice Cream
  • Languages
  • Cupcakes. Kalina has a weakness for these particular pastries.
  • Outdoors. She doesn't really like to be cooped up in one place.
  • People. She honestly does like people, and she likes to be in places where she can talk to people. Its people who seem to have a problem with her, because of who her Dad is.
  • Cheerleading
  • Training
  • Her Family
  • Hoop Earrings
  • Converse
  • Music

Dislikes:

• Plain and Strawberry Ice Cream
  • Monsters
  • Losing
  • Those that put Titan children under a certain heading.
  • Her family sometimes.
  • Cooking
  • Water.
  • Stereotypes

Fatal Flaw:
Kalina has a lot of potentially fatal flaws. She's prideful and naive, too trusting and too forgiving. She's over-confident and has a nasty temper. She thinks she can do anything better than what someone else could do, and that, unfortunately, is not the case. 
However, her main, "Fatal" flaw, is her intense personal loyalty. She loves everyone so much more than herself. Okay, so she can sometimes be shallow and self-centered, but that's not a key aspect of her personality. She isn't always like that. Most of the time she's a very sweet, very kind girl, who wants to protect her friends and her family as much as possible. Its serious enough that she'll throw herself in front of any trouble, just to save them. She doesn't think twice about it, and she'd willingly sacrifice her life for someone elses. Even if she barely knows the person, she'll protect them from harm. Because she values others in her life, and if they're okay, then she's okay. 

THE TRUTH NEVER SET ME FREE...

Pets:
None.
Talents:

• Pyrokinesis: A power which comes from Hyperion, Pyrokinesis is the ability to manipulate fire and heat. It, like the other power of Photokinesis, is one which comes completely naturally to Kalina, like it would with most children of Hyperion. Kali is able to control a small amount of fire, and has developed over the years to being able to both create the flame and control a flame which has already been created, like that which would come from a lighter. She cannot however fully control any flame which she summons, and needs to be incredibly careful. She has to have complete concentration, because any lapse could result in either a minor or a major fire. Kali can create small fireballs, small flames on her palm and small flames which would be held on her finger. It is draining to create anything larger than what would fit in her palm, but if she loses her temper small eruptions of flames beside her could begin. Kalina also has a natural guard against fire and heat, which protects her from getting burned when manipulating flames. 

• Photokinesis: The ability to control light. Kalina has about the same control over this as she does with Pyrokinesis. She has the ability to bend light rays and other beams of light, like those that come from a lightbulb. This can take its toll on her if she does it too much, resulting in painful Migranes and the like. One thing she can do without much draining (Although it took a lot of practice and hard work) is make light in the certain area stronger, although she has yet to reach the point where she could actually blind a person. She can make the light bright enough that a person could have trouble focusing against the glare, but when it starts to pass this point her control diminishes and she starts to feel drained and tired. She also has a talent of lowering the light in one specific area, but like intensifying light it has its drawbacks. She is incapable of fully putting out natural or man made light, and the most she can do without draining is cast a few dark shadows. 

• Fighting Skills: Kalina is skilled in the Martial Art of Ju-Jitsu, a Japanese Martial Art and a method of close combat. She was enrolled in the lessons at an early age, and was made practice by her parents for hours each day. She also has skills learnt from training at Camp, and is an adept Sword Fighter. The fact she loves to dance means that she has a slightly dressy fighting style, but this also means shes agile and quick on her feet.

• Languages: Kalina is fluent in Bulgarian, French, Romanian and Greek. Of course, most Demititans and Demigods are fluent in Greek, but the others she has learnt in her younger years. Bulgarian, being her native language, is something she can speak without fault, and her family mix it with English when speaking in the home. She learned Romanian because it was something different, and is closely related to her native language. It was easy enough to pick up. French, on the other hand, took her the better part of seven childhood years to fully understand. She just couldn't get the hang of that language, and too this day has no confidence in her ability to speak it.
Weapons:
Kalina owns a retractable celestial bronze sword which comes from a bracelet worn around her left wrist. She called it източен, meaning "Eastern", due to her father being Titan of the East. It has been her trusty weapon of choice since she came to Camp, and she is rarely seen without it. (I'll continue this later. I'm lazy.)
Year Round or Summer Camper?: Year Round. 
Other?: Color is DodgerBlue. Approved through PM by Monica.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:00 pm

CHARACTER TWO; RANA JACKSON

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mn65cmpf6L1r5uehlo1_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mn65cmpf6L1r5uehlo2_250

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR...

Name: Rana Midnight Jackson
Name Meaning:
Rana - Behold, Nobility, Royal, To Gaze, Look Beautiful, Graceful
Midnight - Midnight
Jackson - God Has Been Gracious, Has Shown Favor
Nicknames: Ra, or Na
Date of Birth: 31st of October 1996
Godly Parent: Eris, Goddess of Chaos, Strife, Discord, Contention and Rivalry. Opposite of Harmonia, Daughter of Nyx [Or Zeus & Hera Depending On Legends], Mother of Dysnomia. 
Claimed: Yep.
Years at Camp: Four years, since she was 12 and a half.

SHE LIVES IN A FAIRYTALE...

Mortal Family:

• Bryan Jackson (Father): Bryan Jackson was one of the kindest men that you could meet. He'd had an average home life, and when he was 18, he decided to try his hand at living in Chicago, moving there and leaving his family behind. I say was, because Bryan Jackson has been dead for four years, due to... terrible circumstances. 
He loved his children more than words can say, including his rebellious Rana. Not many people would understand that love, considering how much she put him through. But if he could love Carmen: He could love his child.

• Carmen Jackson Née Shields (Step-Mother): Carmen Jackson was born into a world divided. Her Father had cheated on her Mother, and her Mother had cheated on her Father. The two split up when she was just a baby, and she opted to stay with her Dad. He doted on her, and she loved him, but when she turned 13, the abuse started. She was sexually abused by him until she got up the nerve to run away aged 16.
It left her with serious mental scars. She believed that everyone was there too hurt her, that everyone was going to leave her, and most of all that she was the only real person in the world. 
When she met Bryan, she was incredibly broken and isolated, and, call him sick in the head, but he loved her straight away. They dated on and off for months, unable to move past the "We're just friends" stage until she finally trusted him enough to love him back. She loved his little girl Rana, treating her like she was her daughter. In fact, she treated her better than that for a long time. 
They married, having two children: Robin and Pepper.
But Carmen couldn't get over her mental scars so easily...

• Robin Jackson (Half-Brother): Robin Jackson was the middle child, two years younger than Rana. Carmen was pregnant with him when the two married, and was born that Summer.
As her brother, Rana loved him. As her best friend, she bullied him a hell of a lot. But that's what siblings are for, right? It is unknown where Robin is right now, although it is assumed he was put into foster care.

• Pepper Jackson (Half-Sister): Pepper Jackson was the youngest child, the baby of the family. She was born when Rana was ten, and when Robin was eight. Her birth may have been the trigger for what happened to Carmen, although that has never been proven. Unlike Robin, Rana never felt the need to bully her baby sister. In fact she felt more like her mother than Carmen was acting, and cared for her even at her age. Pepper meant everything to Rana, along with her brother and father. Around her birth Ra started to suspect Carmen was doing something bad, which horribly, she was right about.

Hometown: Miami, USA
Brief History:
Rana Jackson was born on Halloween Night to Bryan and Eris. The two had been dating on and off for a few months, and Eris had never made a secret of what she was. Bryan thought it was amazing that they were having a child, and expected that his love was going to need to leave. So he wasn't too surprised when she left the baby at the hospital with no note goodbye, and he was left caring for the girl christened Rana. Also christened Midnight, for reasons unknown.
For a year Bryan was cautious, never leaving his special child alone, always caring for her. He knew the stories of Heracles and Perseus. He didn't want his girl to have to go through that. But soon he started leaving her at daycares. It was in one of these daycares that he met the love of his life, Carmen Shields. She was reclusive. She was all alone. The only thing she had was the job she barely held at a daycare, where she loved to care for children. In honesty, she knew Rana a lot more than she knew Bryan at first. But soon the two started dating.
They dated on and off for months, until she agreed to marry him. It was unknown at the time she was pregnant, and she only found out the week before her wedding, but they were madly in love, and a baby was welcome.
Rana loved her new little brother. If you associate love with tickling his feet and blaming him for everything. But hey, at least she had a friend.
Bryan and Carmen next took the choice to move to Miami, where they moved into a suburban house. It was a beautiful villa, with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a sitting room and a kitchen. Halls, a large back garden, a smaller front garden, and basically everything a family could need. They had a car big enough for all of them, and everything was happy and good for eight years.
Through eight years, Rana grew up. So did Robin. They became smart children, who liked school work and tried to obey rules. Ra had the most trouble obeying regulations and rules about how she should behave, but with help from the woman she called a mother, she was able to at least be civil.
When Pepper was born, everything started to change. Carmen started to leave the house more and more, staying out for hours without a phone call. Bryan had work, and Rana was left caring for her brother and sister, even though she was only a child herself. Then, Carmen went missing for four days. Four very long days, where a rescue squad was searching for her. She reappeared, saying she'd been to visit her father, and after that everything just got worse for the children. Rana started to see herself as a mother figure to Pepper, Robin started to hate his mother, and Bryan just started worrying in general.
When Rana turned eleven, she was already worrying about her mother. Her sister and brother too. She felt her father could take care of himself.
Gradually over the course of the year Rana started to deteriorate health wise. She grew weaker and weaker, had migranes, pains in her joints, and a terrible feeling that kept showing in her dreams. Something was going to happen.
In honesty, for Ra, the next few months were a blur to her. Her brother and sister had also got worse in health, and her father even worse than the children. Carmen was caring for them like any other mother.
Then Carmen left again. She didn't leave a note.
Bryan had thought this was behind her, and when she came back the two rowed the night away, screaming at each other until they sat down for dinner.
Bryan Jackson went to bed that night, on the 31st of October, and never woke up. He died on his eldest daughter’s birthday.
Carmen left again, leaving the children to discover their father’s body the next morning. Rana rang the hospital, but he was pronounced dead on the scene. 
The heartbroken children couldn't tell the doctors and police where they're mom had gone, and they were placed in temporary foster care. Until of course Ra fell of a swing set and was rushed to hospital with at worst a concussion. At worst?
Traces of a poison were found in her system, enough that she was lucky to be alive. There were no injection marks on her body, and so it was assumed that she had been ingesting it for what must have been months, in tiny doses. Out of worry, the other two children, the siblings, were brought in and tested. It was a wonder Pepper hadn't been killed weeks before from the amount in her system, and Robin wasn't much better. The body of their father was tested then, as they knew what they were looking for. The tests showed Bryan had died from the same poison as they had in their system, steadily being built up in his system through oral ingestion. But the tests also showed that he had been dosed enough in one sitting that it had killed him.
The children needed to spend weeks in hospital, they're systems being flushed out slowly, each of them getting better and better until they could leave. First Robin was well enough to leave, and Social Services took him away. Then Pepper, social services took the tiny child away to her own home. And then, finally, Rana, who'd had the most in her system. 
Only it wasn't Social Services that took her away.
It was a Satyr who had been in the hospital at the time. His name was Albert, and he had known from moment one she'd been a Demigod. Posing as a Social Services official, he managed to get a hold of her medical files, and Gods know how, the news on the case of the poisoning, as in suspect lists and etc.
Bringing her to Camp, he told her everything about what she was. They drove the whole way so she could throw questions at him, and he could answer. And answer he did.
When they arrived and she stepped across the border of Camp, Rana was almost immediately claimed. Her mother must have wanted to help her for once.
Chiron and Albert both took her into the Big House, and Albert explained that while she slept he'd rang Chiron and told him everything. And it was Ra's choice if she wanted to see the medical reports and the crime files.
A twelve year old child has a certain need to know everything, and have knowledge about every single thing going on. Of course she chose to look at them.
Most of it was general stuff, which she wouldn't be able to understand until years later. However, there was a suspect for the murder of Bryan Jackson and the attempted murder of Rana, Robin and Pepper Jackson. The name? Carmen Shields Jackson, who had turned up days before, admitting to the crime.
Rana couldn't believe it.
The one she called a Mother had tried to kill her and her siblings, and succeeded in killing her father...
And that was the moment Rana decided she wasn't going back. She wasn't going to try contact Robin or Pepper. She wasn't going to let someone do that to her ever again, have her trust violated. That's the meaning of the tattoo on her hip. The kind, thoughtful, compassionate Rana Jackson died that moment, to be replaced by Rana Midnight Jackson, the person everyone knew but no one got. The girl on a different wavelength to everyone else.

Four years is a really long time. Not long enough for Carmen to be convicted, and she's still undergoing mental analysis, the case suspended. Pepper is living with a family who have always tried to help her remember her real family, and surround her with items and pictures from that life. Robin is living with a family who don't try to help him remember, and has run away countless times to try get to Rana or Pepper. And Rana has been at Camp for all that time, slowly undergoing changes that have left her as different from the old her as a newly born, white, fluffy kitten would be too a fully grown, feral tiger. 

A BEAUTY HALF BETRAYED...

Physical Appearance:
Rana is an ironic, dark beauty. Only a person who values darkness and shadow could truly call her beautiful, but anyone else would have to grudgingly admit that she has a allure about her, a certain something that boosts their opinion from mere cute to a much nicer pretty. It isn't her looks that does it, but the way she stands, the way she moves, and the way she can look at you.
Ra's hair isn't what most classify as long. It falls a few inches below her shoulders when curly, longer when straight, but it doesn't fall to her waist. It’s a nice length, which she finds easiest to keep it at. She's tried short hair, she's tried super long hair, but the length it’s at now has been her usual length for a long time now. Rana doesn't wear her hair up often, preferring to keep it down, although she would make an exception when she's training. Her hair alternates from its natural dark brown streaked with light to near black, and only she knows why she tries to make her hair even darker than it is usually. more recently she's stopped dying it so much, although it’s always possible she'll turn up to a class with her hair darker. Ra's hair is in the middle of thick and thin, with layers cut into it that are usually thrown back. 
Rana's eyes are a dark, dark brown, which is closer to black than anything else. They used to be lit with a beautiful warmth and kindness, but since her problems in the past, they've become a lot colder. She always has a guarded look in them, no emotions coming through her eyes to catch her out and expose her secrets. Ra's eyes have however got these lights inside them, which have been described by people past as "crazy" lights, which flicker and flame, giving her a fire inside, a passage to her soul. Children of Hades have been described as having eyes like both a madman and a genius. Ra's eyes are the same, a genius' intellect and a madman's insanity all rolled into one. Her eyes also have an almost hypnotic effect on a person when she's speaking. Most find their own eyes drawn to hers, listening to what she says without meaning too. It’s a persuasive gaze, and one that only the strongest could ignore. Her eyes are usually heavily outlined in makeup, which some have speculated is to try divert someone's attention from those crazy lights and hypnotic glances to her face, to make people ignore her even though she doesn't want to just be "ignored". 
Rana has pale skin, which is odd in itself given the fact she's usually outside. She's never been one to tan easily, more often than not simply burning, but on occasion she can sport a tan. However, during the Winter she turns back to her pale, milky features, and it’s only during the Summer you might find her tanned. She doesn't have many major blemishes on her face and top body, other than a few pockmarks, spots, moles and scars from small scratches. On her lower body, stomach and legs, she has larger scars from larger injuries, most of which have happened in the last few years at Camp. If she points them out, you'll also notice the drip scars on her wrists, and the slightly raised marks from needles from her time in hospital. The only makeup you'll find her wearing is her usual mascara and eye shadow, occasionally her eyeliner. She doesn't wear foundation or blusher. Ra has three tattoos. One is on the back of her neck, running from about an inch and a half under her hairline to about five inches down. It says, in Chinese symbols, "Live Your Life". One of the other tattoos is on her wrist, a very simple black star, which was her first tattoo. The final one is on her hip, and is her newest. It’s from a song most know, but it’s also reminiscent of a promise she made herself a long time ago. "R.I.P. To The Girl You Used To See, Her Days Are Over." Its wrote in delicate script, pitch black. Not many people have seen this tattoo, the one hidden by her tops and pants, but it’s there, and the meaning is quite sad when thought about. Ra has always loved tattoos, and they aren't gonna be the last ones she gets. 
Rana has a delicate pixie feature face, which is largely dominated by her wide eyes and pale lips. Her nose is petite, and she's fortunate not to have broken it in the fights which she's thrown herself into. Her ears are slightly on the larger side, usually covered by her hair, and if she's noticed this flaw then she hasn't ever made anything of it. And other people of course haven't, given the fact that her "I'm gonna kill you dead" death stare isn't just an expression. It seems that her mouth has two default settings, scowl and smirk, although sometimes you'll find a smile, or something more. Most haven't seen that elusive smile, although they have seen her death stare coupled with the turn of her lips like she's smelled something disgusting. Basically everything about her contradicts everything else about her, and she seems to try to push everyone away before they've even met her.
Rana isn't tall, instead of average height, which doesn't bother her much. She will wear high heels for an important occasion, but other than that she's happy in pumps or converse. Being smaller than most guys isn't an issue for her since she doesn't get close to guys. She's quite thin, not model thin, but pretty good for her height. She does give a feeling of being small when she's not, and being weak when she's strong. It’s a natural part of her physique.
Her style of clothes is dark and almost dreary, blacks and greys, occasionally whites. She likes clothes that are what most would call shapeless, which is an unconscious effort to make sure boys don't bother her. She does have a certain leather jacket she was bought years ago, and has been wearing routinely since she came to Camp, which adds to her badgirl look. Couple it with the packet of cigarettes usually in her pocket and the cigarette that's usually in her hands, then you're only missing the motorbike from that image. And Rana's even saving her money to buy a motorbike for herself, so that won't be missing for long. She isn't really a jewellery wearer, although she has a small jewellery box that sits in her trunk in the Cabin that holds silver accessories from her past. There is one piece of jewellery, a small bracelet engraved with her name that was given to her by her Father that Rana hasn't worn since the day he died. She's tried to fool herself that keeping it outta sight will keep it out of mind, but that isn't always the case.
Ra wears converse most of the time, usually in faded colours, though she does have some new pairs. People wonder where she gets the money for her fashion (And for that matter her cigarettes), and the answer they won't get is that she is receiving money weekly into her bank account from her Father's will. When she turns 18 she'll receive all the money left for her, which comes in at a pretty sizable amount. Until then its interest she is allowed receive, and that keeps her happy. 
Face Claim: Kristen Stewart

IGNORANCE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND...

Personality:
Rana, in exactly one sentence, can be described as a rebellious girl who has nothing to lose.
She's incredibly sarcastic, with an answer for everything. With a lot of people, it takes a hell of a long time to catch the words they speak as sarcasm. With Rana, it’s quite obvious from moment one she's using her natural born affinity for sacasticness. If she doesn't know you then it it’s very rare that she will give you a straight, normal answer.
Rana is as blunt as a rusty old sword. She gets straight to her point, with no ifs, ands or buts’. She'll give you a very straight, and often a very hurtful answer too any direct question she's asked. The only times she would turn to lying or too her sarcasm is if you ask her about her past. It’s not that she hates to speak about it - It’s the fact it hurts her to think about it. About how great it was until everything collapsed. In fact, it will take a very special person to figure out the truth about her. Another thing that comes under "truth" is her incredible knowledge about the world and her place in it. She knows exactly what she is, a screwed up girl with no one left to love, and she doesn't even try to fool herself into thinking differently. If someone asks her, she'll give them the honest answer of what she is, and what she's like. She doesn't sugar coat anything about herself, which gives her an inner honesty.
This brings us to an important part of her personality. She's not exactly "Mysterious", but though everyone has seen her, not a lot of people get her. To Camp, she's a dark haired, dark eyed beauty who keeps quiet and expects everyone else to do the same. She has no problem with anyone who stays out of her business. Rana's problem is the people who try to reach her. Those annoying bugs who think they're doing a good deed talking to her. Needless to say, the older members of Camp learned the hard way to leave her alone. Rana is the only person who knows everything about herself. Others in Camp might think they know something about her, but it’s a lot more likely she spread a rumour for her own amusement. No one knows her past story, her true personality, or her family.
Rana has a very dark, sardonic sense of humour. While her mouth seems to be set permanently on smirk and scowl, she does have emotions. She laughs and jokes and smiles like most teenage girls. Her sense of humour might be warped, but hey! At least she seems a little normal when she does joke. Rana has plenty of smiles. Each one so obviously means something different, but there is one smile, a smile which is usually given with an apologetic look and sad, wide eyes. It isn't her "That was insanely fun and we should so do it again like right now" smile, or her "Are you serious you think that's a joke lol no" smile. It isn't even her "I'm mildly amused but seriously you're weird go away please" smile or her more widely known "I am the cat, you are the mouse, can you guess who's gonna win in this scenario?" smile. It’s a smile that plainly says to anyone that understands, "I'm the girl no one wants her daughter to hang with. This is pretty much my fate, and I'm unlucky. I might have a sad, sad life, but in honesty, you should get away before it affects you. Cause in the long run, I'll because you more pain than good. You'll understand that one day".
She'd be described as the "Troublemaker". She's that girl that teachers made sure got extra homework because she didn't look like the good girl. Bad to the bone, she doesn't care about what people think of her, as long as she gets the last laugh. And she will get the last laugh. If there's one thing everyone understands about her is that if you annoy her, she won't forget. It might be days, weeks or months later, but no matter what, she will get you back. She's been called a bad girl by many a person, because her paybacks... well let’s just say she does not get revenge by halves. 
Rana is a rebel. People are gonna be all "Well that goes under Bad Girl etc etc etc", but she's never been put under just one heading. She doesn't follow rules, unless she's made them. If you tell her not to do something, she will undoubtedly do it. If you try reverse psychology, and tell her to do something, she'll do it for the fun of doing it. In fact, she'll do anything as long as she sees something in it for her. If she doesn't see something in it for her? She'll just ignore you and send her kill you dead death stares your way. She's a prankster who if given the chance will make you break ribs in laughter, because she might be tough but she's also funny.
Rana is also slightly manipulative. She knows exactly what she wants. And she wants what she wants when she wants it. Confusing sentence but anyways, moving swiftly on. If she doesn't get it, you can be sure she will get it in the future. Ra knows just how to manipulate people to do what she wants, but more often than not she shuts up and doesn't acknowledge the world around her.
Rana's broody. Quiet doesn't describe her, because she isn't "quiet". She just doesn't pay a whole lot of attention, and she doesn't speak up when others would. When she does speak up, people are often shocked, until they see that yes, she is wearing her usual scowl, and no, she isn't gonna smile nicely anytime soon. People do however listen when she speaks, not because of shock, but because her gaze is quite persuasive. It would almost be described as hypnotic. People find themselves listening to her because that's what she wants. If she makes an effort to have herself heard, it’s for something.
Rana's also quite cranky. Her sarcasm is a whole big part of that, but she's naturally annoyed. She might ask you for a light, but once she's asked, she expects you to leave. She'll make a dismissive sound, a little dismissive hand gesture, and it’s very rare someone won't leave when she fixes her eyes on them. Of course, she gets the occasional person who wants to start a conversation. That's when she'll turn to her crankiness, telling them "I’m done with you now. Leave." Needless to say she gets even more cranky than usual when they don't leave.
Ra hates the world. She hates people. She hates having her quiet disturbed. She hates having her sleep disturbed, which happens more often than you'd believe. The world? Ra hates the world cause of how it’s treated her. She has a secret vendetta against it, and wants to make sure it'll stay quiet in her life. People? People annoy her in general, because they're so darn bugging. They speak to you, they smile, and they disturb you. Basically Ra wants people to look and not speak, which would be amazing. Quiet? she values quiet. She likes to sit in the quiet with her cigarette, and walk in the quiet, etc. But then annoying people walk over and disturb that quiet, and she's left riled. Sleep? Rana is an incredibly lazy person. So she might walk a whole lot, she might run and fight on occasion [okay more than on occasion but still], but if she gets the chance to drape herself onto a seat or couch, she'll take it. The girl can sleep anywhere, at anytime, and sill sleep a full twelve hours at night. It's not even funny how many times people have walked into the Amphitheatre to find her lying across four benches, her arm over her eyes, a scowl on her face, and a very instant "Disturb my sleep and die." Most would call this laziness, but taking into account that she still does all those other things girls should do, like running and training, she still keeps in perfect shape. And if you disturb her when she’s trying to take a mid-afternoon nap, then may the Gods be with you.
Rana is certainly brave, which shows in a fight, but a lot of people would call her reckless. She tends to throw herself into a situation without knowing the full story. Someone may have done her wrong and then turn out to be pretty much a friend. If she hasn't been told the last part, she'll dive for their jugular before she can be stopped. It’s a flaw that has got her into a whole lot of bad scenarios, because she doesn't listen even when she's told. If she has a bad feeling, or a certain idea about someone, then only the strongest can convince her differently. Ever after she will immediately jump to conclusions about that one person, and she will never fully trust the person.
  • Sleeping
  • Being Alone
  • Smudge... Most of the Time
  • Singing
  • Fighting
  • Smoking
  • The Occassional Drink

Dislikes:

• People
  • The World
  • Waking Up
  • Smudge. Sometimes.
  • Losing.
  • Taylor and Alex. Most of the Time.
  • Not Being Alone
  • People

Fatal Flaw:
Rana's flaws are numerous, and many are quiet obvious. Her inability to trust someone. Her instant dislike of people and the fact she pushes them away before knowing them. Her deathly fear, or more accurately, phobia of hospitals. Her crankiness. Her unspoken loyalty to those she does like, which is few.
The flaw people would call her fatal one however her recklessness is. She has no filter in her head that lets her know "That's dangerous, if you jump into that situation you aren't gonna come out alive." She jumps in regardless of the people around her, ignoring them completely as long as she gets the fight she's looking for. 

THE TRUTH NEVER SET ME FREE...

Pets:
Rana does have a pet, which is quite unexpected, right? She doesn't strike anyone as the type to care for and even love an animal, but that perception is wrong. She does in fact own a cat named Smudge, who is more the owner of her than she's the owner of him. Actually, Ra admits that Smudge is the powerful one in their relationship.
Smudge found Ra when she arrived at Camp, and he was stuck in a tree. Yes, as in, he was yowling and every time someone got near he was an idiot and jumped higher up the branches of Thalia's Pine. He was and still is stupid. Rana had only been at Camp for about a week, and had been claimed from that first moment. This one kid thought he could get close to the cat and she was there watching, mostly hoping the cat would destroy his face for something he'd said to her that morning. As he got closer, Smudge jumped to try get to another branch obviously, but fell short... and fell out of the tree. Ra was right underneath him and yes, she got a face full of fur, and hissing, spitting cat. She didn't really like the cat. But the cat kind of liked her, and for days after he followed her until she finally paid it some attention. And she found that yes, she liked the cat. She named him Smudge because as she said to him "If my face hadn't been there you would have been a Smudge on the floor", but really it’s because his markings reminded her of smudge's of paint. 
Smudge is pretty much Rana in a male cat form. He's reclusive and can give death stares, and he doesn't let anyone but Rana come near him. She wouldn't call herself his pet owner cause he disappears for days on end doing whatever it is cats do in their spare time, but he always comes back and follows her around. He's even as lazy as her, and takes up three benches in the row behind her when she's sleeping in the amphitheatre. Not that he's big enough to take over three benches. He only takes up one, but others give him a berth of one on either side in case he decides to scratch at them. And he would scratch them. It isn't exaggerating the situation when I say Ra's the only one who can get close. If anyone else does, their lucky if they get away alive, what with Rana there to protect her kitty and her kitty there to protect his spot. Smudge is like Rana's early warning system when he's around, because as soon as someone gets close to her, he starts up this low growl which doesn't seem right coming out of his form at all, but still. And she'll hear this and know that someone is near, and then the sarcasm and growls mix amazingly well. If Ra ever was to date, the guy would have to survive a round with her cat before she'd so much as give him the time of day. 
Talents:
Rana has a talent for singing, such as pop songs. She doesn't care much for the oldies, although she would admit they are pretty good. She can memorize music down to the very last note, and plays guitar in her spare time. But that's just a normal person talent. Not a "I'm a Greek Demigod with ADHD and Dyslexia" talent.

• Telekinesis: "Ability to manipulate and control objects with the mind, often in ways not visible to the naked eye." Rana has the rare talent of Telekinesis, which she became aware of when she was annoyed in her first month at Camp. She was annoyed with everyone around her, who just kept on being nice when that wasn't what she wanted. So she was in Cabin 2 and just kicked her trunk for a while. When she was done she sat down at the end of her bed, glaring across the room at a cheerful pink lamp. And it literally flew across the room and hit the wall. Very suddenly, very loudly, and very destructively. She didn't know what the hell had happened, but the next day she tried it again. The same result with a dummy. It flew across the Arena, impaling itself on a sword. It took her a while to realize her talent, but she tried to perfect it. Every time she'd used it, her gift caused destruction, destroying a lamp, destroying a dummy. With a few months of training she was able to move things further, and without the automatic destruction. She gained the ability to hold them, keep them suspended. And she's had a whole lot more time to perfect this talent since then. She can move anything as heavy as a small car, although the bigger an object gets the harder it is to move. It doesn't mean she can't move things that are physically bigger than a car. But it would have to weigh less than it looked. Then of course her suspension has to do with weight as well, and that would also rely on the size of the object. Suspension would be on average 5 kilos and the size of a dining room table. Ra's range has never been tested before, but it would be about 22 meters from her, and even at that it’s pushing her strength. If she can get closer it will work better, etc.

• Pyrokinisis: When Rana gets angry, small fires tend to happen. It’s not like she means to do it, but discord is all about disruption of peace, etc, and well... Rana isn't able to manipulate fire, or create it, but if she loses her temper for even a second, and it goes too far, then a small fire could start beside her. It’s never been a serious thing, and she can keep herself calm enough most of the time, but sometimes... accidents do happen.

• Geokinisis: Not the control of earth, but the fact that like with fire, it’s a disruption of peace. She has on occasion created a mini earthquake when she lets her rage get the better of her. It only affects about three meters around her, a tremor that's created cracks in places around camp such as the woods and beside the lake. 

• Spontaneous Combustion: Not the human variety, but if she gets incredibly pissed, Rana unwillingly makes small objects explode in a fiery ball of well, fire. It’s happened maybe four times to her, and has left the items [A book, a hairclip, a mini radio, and a picture] charred and mostly ashes. It’s not like she wills them to explode, but nevertheless, they end up burned. 

• Chi: Needless to say that Chiron got a little annoyed at one point with the random acts of destruction Rana was committing. He recommended she try to focus her Chi, her life force, and gain better awareness and better reflexes, so as to stop the anger before it could get carried away. In fairness, it’s worked, and she's gained a better focus and awareness about herself. But it doesn't stop her anger taking over, unfortunately. 

• Anything That Causes A Disruption of Harmony or Peace: As in, earth tremors, fires, making something explode, destroying something, anything that might cause a major disruption in the peace of a place could happen around Rana.

Weapons:
Rana has very few weapon based talents other than knife fighting, unless you count her talent with a longer type of weapon, a sword. She has her own retractable knife, in the form of a ring which she wears either on her right hand or on a silver chain around her neck. Her knife is named "Rivalry" and has a carving on the blade of a golden apple, which is one of Eris' symbols. It’s the only thing she would connect to her real mother. When in ring form, it retains the carving on a smaller scale, and has Greek letters around the band which spell the name of it. Ra has a habit of losing things as small as a ring, but the good news if she does lose it, Rivalry will appear back on her finger about five minutes later.
She also owns a standard sword which she trains with, although she doesn't use it a lot lately for reasons unknown. It’s totally normal, not retractable, and basically she stole it from the Arena, but whatever.
Year Round or Summer Camper?: Year Round. Where else would she go?
Other?: Color is SteelBlue
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:03 pm

CHARACTER THREE; KAGAMI

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mu7p3df68E1qhc146o2_r4_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mu7p3df68E1qhc146o4_r6_250

YOU HAVE KNOW IDEA WHO I REALLY AM.

You've gone by many names. Over the centuries you've lived, people have called you many different things, not all of them nice, but all of them wrong. Nobody knows your true name, but a few people along the way have learned what you prefer to go by- Kagami. A name of Japanese origin, just like you, it means mirror. How fitting, that the name you choose to go by is exactly what you are.
Unfortunately, it's been so long since your birth that you have long since forgotten your age. You were easily born over one thousand years ago, but the exact date is lost in the sands of time itself. However, that doesn't truly matter when you can appear as any age, or form that you wish. Likewise, your gender holds little meaning when you can appear as any. You were born female, not that it matters.
Once upon a time, there were many creatures like you. Now, however, after so many were killed by demigods and never made it from the depths of tartarus, you are one of a dying species. A kitsune, a creature popularized in Japanese folklore, you can shift between any form. Once a celestial kitsune, much like a guardian, you've become so much darker over time... a trickster, a devil. But who could truly blame you, after all you've seen and had done to you? Easily identified by your tails, which don't go away no matter what form you shift too, you have as many drawbacks as you do strengths... not that anyone gets close enough to discover either.
You were born near Greece, although you no longer remember your family or who you were born too. All that's positive within your mind is you began life as a guardian. After your first few centuries, however, a demigod child of Zeus discovered you, and not realizing your role as a guard, killed you- and your friends. Tartarus was where you ended up, and while you managed to crawl through the depths and be reborn, they did not. You passed it off, continued your life... but only a few short years later, you ended back in hell. It was an endless cycle, and eventually, you changed. You became darker, ruthless and pitiless. You swore revenge on the halfbloods which had ended your life, and ended the lives of your friends. For the first time in your life, you began to hunt- and you came across the camp of Kronos. He had never interested you, but his idea to destroy the gods and bring down Olympus was perfect for you, and you immediately joined his campaign. While in New York, just a few weeks after, you came across a halfblood... and unknowingly, she led you straight to her home. Somehow you managed to gain entrance- and now you're set on destroying as much as you can within the camp.
You can appear as anything you wish to appear as, however, one thing which remains the same is your personality. You're cold, regal, undeniably confident in your ways. You attempt to be as close to the person you are imitating personality wise, however, you slip up occassionally and suspicions are raised. But after so long being the victim, you have learned to be cunning, to survive. Your one true goal in this life now is too destroy the halfbloods which caused you so much pain and suffering- revenge.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:04 pm

CHARACTER FOUR; AVERY DONOVAN

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mlx9wzABJs1rjf1mso2_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mlx9wzABJs1rjf1mso1_250

I KEEP, GOING TO THE RIVER TO PRAY....

Avery Michael Donovan. No nicknames, they aren't his style. Neither are name meanings- whatever his name means, he doesn't really give a crap. Born 18 long years ago on the 21st of July, living in camp on and off for the past three years. I say on and off, because Avery has always been a bit desperate to explore. Needing to see the world and such. And so, he's doing it in the only way he can- he has a job as a waitor on a cruise ship, occasionally doing odd jobs whenever he's needed. He could be on the ship for weeks at a time, but he always gets a couple weeks break in between, and it's those when he lives in camp with his few siblings. You ask who his parent is? Only the Camp Director, believe it or not. Dionysus has had Avery claimed since the second he walked over the border.

CAUSE I NEED SOMETHING THAT CAN WASH ALL THE PAIN...

Patricia Donovan. Once upon a time, the name didn't ring any bells. No one knew who she was, what she did. And she was happy with that- life was easier living in the Wexford countryside, the manor house in Wellingtonbridge being quite enough for her. She didn't want to join the family company in Charlton Village, London.
Unfortunately for her, when her eldest brother migrated to Australia, her other one left the company and her sister made it clear that she was happier raising a family in Donegal... well, Patricia was the only one left. Her parents turned to her, desperate to retire and not trusting anyone else to take over. She was reluctant, but... there was really nothing she could do.
However, her time in Charlton was short-lived. The company boomed, and she managed to hire a manager who her parents approved of- and she returned home to the families old manor house. Plus one baby growing in her stomach.
If you ask Patricia to this day, she'll tell you she doesn't really remember the man who impregnated her. It was a one night stand, and weeks later, she realized that she was pregnant. It couldn't have come at a better time though. With the company booming, she would be capable of financially supporting a small family. And her parents had signed over the manor to her, along with the small farm across the street which they had owned for generations- the cottage which Miss. Bridget De Brùn lived within, running for your family and paying very little rent. Patricia's mother and Bridget were friends for a long time, both of them having children around the same time. She would babysit the Donovan's children along with her own, her tough nature slipping whenever she was around the children. The happy relationship between the De Brùn's and the Donovan's meant that when push came to shove, the Donovan's were happy to allow Bridget to live happily on the small farm without having to pay all of her monthly income on rent.
When Avery came along, Bridget was more than happy to take care of him too... until, of course, her grand daughter came to live with her a few years later. Kitty was two years younger than Avery- but he'll never forget the first time he saw her. She was small, smaller than average, with big wide doe eyes and unruly brown curls which reminded him of her Nan's silver locks. He could see the resemblance between the two of them, even if no one else could and he was so young. She was wild, though, he could tell. She had so much pent up energy which had her climbing up trees and falling promptly out of them whenever she was outside.
And he loved her. From the second he lay eyes on her, Avery knew that she would be his friend. He'd make sure of it. Didn't matter if she had no interest in being friends with the rich boy who lived in the manor- he'd wait it out. Years later, when both of them were slipping sweets into their pockets and running from stores, or getting caught and brought to the small police station to wait for their carers, they'd both laugh and Kitty would wonder why she had never wanted to hang around with him. Partners in crime, best friends... that was them. "A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"
It was... a little shocking, to say the least, when the Satyr found them both. Unfortunately, however, Avery was a little delayed. Unlike Kitty's grandmother, it took his mother weeks to accept the truth of her one night stand. Tearfully, she waved goodbye to him, making him promise that he'd keep in touch.
Avery didn't like camp as much as Kitty. It was obvious, really. He preferred the outside world, exploring. As he matured, his mother would send more money from the successful company she ran from home, filling his bank account for him to spend on trips to places in America, or plane flights to other countries. He even got himself a job, just to get him out of camp more often. But one thing which never changed, and never will, is the close friendship him and Kitty have. They risk it all for each other... which is bad, sure, but it's sure as hell fun.

AND AT MOST, I'M SLEEPING ALL THESE DEMONS AWAY...

Avery has always had quite a way with the ladies. Maybe it's his charm, his charismatic personality and good humor. Maybe it's his looks, those brown locks and blue eyes which seem to study whoever he's looking at. He's always been quite cocky about it, however. Good looks can get him so far, but he thinks that it's mainly how great he is around other people- which couldn't be farther from the truth. See, Avery is like Kitty in many ways... unpredictable, and way too blunt for his own good. The two are peas in a pod, both of them shameless and carefree and the greatest friends you could come across. However, Avery is much more... mature. In a way, at least. He has his sights set on visiting the whole wide world, and he doesn't let anything pull him away from that. Kitty is very much unsure about her future, but Avery knows that someday he will take over the families computer firm, and he's trained himself to be the best at what he'll be doing. He can use most pieces of technology flawlessly, his brain almost hardwired to understand it- which isn't the truth. He's just trained himself to learn things quickly and smoothly.
Looks are what really draw the girls in. He's got the swagger, the walk which shows his confidence and the little smile that he knows works for him. Tall, not very athletic but with a good body shape... well, it's almost like he's got everything working for him. Wrong, however. Scars from various fights run down his body, his left arm permanently marred from large claw marks running down the length. His eyesight is below par, and that swagger he thinks works for him? Mainly gives off the aura of being a bit too cocky for his own good. Which also happens to be his fatal flaw. Hubris- the idea that he can do anything better. He's much too confident, comfortable in the idea that he'll win whatever fight he throws himself into.  

BUT YOUR GHOST, THE GHOST OF YOU IT KEEPS ME AWAKE...

No pets and special talents for Avery, for many reasons. He's never really liked the fluffy animals that everyone else has, and as for talents... he finds them a bit unnatural. Even if he did have some, he'd train himself to keep them suppressed. Weapons wise, he's as trained as any other demigod- however, he doesn't carry anything. He wouldn't get it on the cruise ship, so there's really no point. A standard camp sword works well enough for him whenever he's back on land.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 pm

CHARACTER FIVE; KARMA ALEXANDER

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n20cp2Jc0T1t8al83o3_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n20cp2Jc0T1t8al83o4_250

CAUSE I'LL KNOW MY WEAKNESS, KNOW MY VOICE...

Everyone knows your name. Strangely enough, considering that everything else with you is a mystery, your name is common knowledge. Karma. Like bad karma, good karma. Sometimes, people will raise an eyebrow when you introduce yourself. Ask you if it's a nickname... maybe for Carmen? But no, you tend to shake your head, laugh a little, tell them that on your birth certificate you're down as Karma so it must be true. It means destiny, people often tell you. Your surname is the thing that no one but yourself knows. And me. Alexander. Karma Alexander. You were born in 1998. The 20th of December. A really crap birthday, in your eyes, since the people who remembered it would often try mix it with Christmas. But the one thing this sucky birthday does it put you on this crappy earth for fifteen incredibly long years. You've spent two and a half of these years going to and from camp, often times disappearing for weeks on end. For no reason, really, just to escape. You don't have family or friends to stay with- instead, you just travel as far as you can before making your way back. Sometimes, you like to imagine it's because of your mother, Hecate, that you always find your way back. You know it's not really all that possible, since she doesn't really care for her children, but you can't help but dream.

AND I'LL BELIEVE IN GRACE AND CHOICE...

Not much is known about your early life. Some people make guesses, but none of them even touch the tip of the iceberg when it comes to you. How your father, once a loving man, deteriorated after the violent death of his brother and sister-in-law. How he became abusive after one too many drinks, bruising your skin and hurting your heart with cruel words. For a long time, you felt like it was your fault, but as you matured into your own mind you realized he was just a misguided man with broken dreams and a equally broken heart. Soon after the realization, he raised his hand once more to you... and you sent him across the room, knocking him unconscious. Scared, but equally thrilled by the surge of power you felt rushing through your veins, you packed a tiny bag and ran, exploring towns and places you'd only ever dreamed of. No one could touch you- and when they tried, when people tried to corner you in ally's or police officers attempted to drag you to the station, you did what you did to your father. The adrenaline rush was.. amazing, and the strength you held made it easy to make quick escapes. Until, one day, you were cornered by the wrong person. Someone who insisted they knew where you had to go, who you were. Your curiosity won out, and you ended up within Camp Half-Blood, surrounded by kids exactly the same as you.

AND I KNOW PERHAPS MY HEART IS FARCE...

People tend to underestimate you from your looks. Mainly because, despite what you'd consider a "mature" age, you have the looks of someone younger, someone innocent and young. Your features are open, easily read, and you tend to have a grin on your face which no one can really understand. Your hair falls down your back, your curls large and bouncy. Chestnut brown, it tends to lighten during the summer, giving you free highlights. It's almost always hanging down around your face, and when it isn't, its up in a loose bun. You stand below the average height, which only helps with peoples opinions of you being younger than you actually are. But what you lack in height you make up for in personality. Your face is slightly oval shaped, your features fitting nicely and your dimples always showing. Mainly, people notice your eyes, which fill with emotion often. Blue, but it seems to alternate between that and a pretty green. Your style of clothing is casual, the colors often vibrant and alive. You don't tend to wear dresses much, but when you do they are rarely short. For shoes, you choose comfortable over pretty.

BUT I'LL BE BORN WITHOUT A MASK...

People often describe you by looks only, when they first meet you. An innocent, beatific girl with a wide smile and emotion-filled eyes. What they don't see is the turmoil inside of you, the difference between their assumed personality and your actual persona.
You radiate self-confidence. That's one thing everyone can say about you. You rarely doubt yourself or your abilities, and you are definitely not afraid to voice your own opinions. This has been called blunt by most people, and really, it is, but you like to label it as being honest. What's the point in lying, ya know? It's pointless. Unfortunately, there's only a small line between being confident and being arrogant, and you regularly toe it- and sometimes, fall over into the other side. You have too much pride, seeing others as tools and inferior to yourself. And, given your brutally honest way of stating things, you tend to be ignorant to other peoples feelings until it's too late.
A quick thinker, you have a lot of knowledge on various subjects for someone so young. But, the subject has to interest you. If you have even the slightest disliking towards a topic within a subject, you tend to become distant and uninterested, itching to get your hands on a book of a different subject which you like more. You're curious and intellectual, and your mild dyslexia never really held you back, unlike your excessive ADHD. You're also sort of a... dabbler in different subjects and abilities, but a master of none. Throughout your short life you have pushed yourself to your limits, in both schooling and outside of school activities, and more recently in your weapon handling and powers. However, you've never really stuck to a hobby or anything, tending to drift from one thing to another.
Independent, you refuse to allow other people to make your decisions or choices. If they try, you become cold and ruthless, doing whatever you can to overturn their decision and follow your own. This shows your determined side, and how hard-working you can be if you put your mind too it. Hard-working, and strategic. You have an imagination, an amazing one at that, often coming up with situations and stories, helping you when it comes to planning ahead for camp games or simply helping when trying to think up what the consequences of an action may be.
You're a very judgmental person, reaching conclusions quickly and sticking to them because of your stubborn nature.
Naive, you rarely see other people for how they might truly be, instead seeing only what they seem to be on the surface. You find it hard to see past that, often being hurt by people when you realize their true colors.
Emotions often get the better of you, causing you to lash out or lose control due to being unable to keep them in check. You feel a burst of anger, and you indulge in it. Same with other emotions, such as sadness or frustration.
Bottom line is, you aren't an open book. There are layers to you which only you know... some are ones even you don't realize you have. Only time will show them all.

CRY BABEL, BABEL LOOK AT ME NOW!

Pets have never really been an option for you. Mainly out of fear of large animals, and apprehension when it comes to smaller animals. It's been your experience that animals which are smaller than the norm tend to be a lot more... well, tend to bite or scratch a lot more. But when it comes to special talents, you've got enough to make up for your lack of body strength and weapons training. Your powers were discovered at an early age, so you've had opportunity and time to become skilled in using them. The strongest of your gifts, in your opinion, is your ability to move objects with just a single thought in your mind. A flick of your finger can send a person toppling backwards, a concentrated thought can bend metal. But, you can only do so much with this power before you begin to suffer migraines, and more common, nosebleeds. Once upon a time, you even knocked yourself unconscious trying to push something above your boundaries. You're also gifted with control over the elements of nature, including the four known ones, fire, water, air and earth. However, this gift is rocky and unstable, and you lose control when you become angry, frustrated or scared. The one element you seem to have a level of control over is fire, and even that can be dangerous at best. Like with telekinesis, you suffer nosebleeds if you use this too much. Thanks to your mother, you have also inherited the gifts of speaking to her sacred animals, commanding magic, and reading tarot cards with a level of skill no mortal tarot card reader has mastered. However, the major drawbacks of all of your gifts is your complete lack of control. With a single burst of anger, you can knock people meters away from you. A bout of frustration could mean setting the nearest objects aflame. Fear can cause you to lash out, with any of your gifts, and can cause people pain... or worse. You're young age and naivety to all things which magic entails is dangerous for both you and those around you. Yet, you pus your boundaries, explore territories which should be left unexplored, and take no action to control yourself when you feel your powers itching to lash out.
Weapons are unimportant to you, given your gifts, but you do carry a weapon on you at all times. Your mother gifted you with a necklace, a polished obsidian pendant hanging from a thick, unbreakable silver chain. When touched, it summons a dagger, a rather small, polished dagger which seems more ornamental than anything else. However, you are adept at using it in fights.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:07 pm

CHARACTER SIX; KATHRYN DE BRÙN

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mxakezU8Hp1rie27io1_250  we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_mxakezU8Hp1rie27io3_250

WELL, SPEAKING OF, LITTLE MISS. KATHRYN....

Most people know you as Kitty. Like what a four year old calls a cat. But, see, most people aren't your birth cert. On that, your name is Kathryn. Kathryn De Brùn... A family name. It comes from the greek word "pure". Ha. If only they knew how wrong it was. You were born in 1998. 17th of July to be exact, putting you on this dismal earth for 16 long years. And, for three of them, you've been living in Camp. Unfortunate that in all that time, you haven't been claimed as the Daughter of Athena you are. Mommy doesn't like her children like you, does she?

I FEEL SWELL, OOOOH WELL...

Once upon a time, a long time ago, your family was incredibly different to how it is now. For one, you had a Daddy. Peter De Brùn. And, you had cousins and Aunts and Uncles who didn’t really mind you all that much. Now, your Daddy’s dead, your cousins and Aunts and Uncles hate your guts, and it’s just you. Or, well, not just you really. Back in Ireland, your Nan is alive and kicking, and you call her a lot during the week and write to her every so often.

Daddy never got to tell you the story of meeting Mommy, so it’s been left up to others for your whole life. But, now you’ve known the truth a little while, you realize the differences. See, he met Mommy after moving to England to find work in London. She helped him through his troubles, his best friend, and it had started to develop into something more when- she disappeared. leaving your Dad alone. He carried on, and imagine his shock when he opened his apartment door one night to find you on his doorstep. A tiny baby girl, in a golden cradle with the tiniest pieces of paper on top of your blanket. The words wrote on that piece of paper were simple… “Take care.” No goodbye, no explanation. Just take care. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out all that great. Six months after your birth (Or appearance- appearance works better), Daddy was involved in a tragic accident. He was making his way back to the apartment after collecting you from your “Nanny”, pushing you in your push chair when suddenly a car came from nowhere. You were on the pavement- he wasn’t. Need I explain what happened? Daddy died, baby was left with no Mom or Dad. But, too young to have any impact, you grew up with only one thought in your mind. “Why do none of my relations care?”. Because, see, none of them wanted you. There was a family rumor about your Dad’s girl, and the rumor went along the lines that she got herself knocked up, and your Dad being the good man he was took you in even though you weren’t his. The rumor continued to say she had run away from him, dumping you on poor Peter. Because of this, you see, none of them were attached to you. None of them really wanted anything to do with you, because you weren’t one of them. So, for the first six years of your life you bounced from house to house, relation to relation, staying nowhere for too long. All too soon however, there was no-one left to take you in… and your Aunt, your Daddy’s sister, shipped you off to Ireland. Namely, a small farm outside of Wexford, which your Nan ran without the help of your deceased Grandpa or her estranged children. Nan was a tough woman, which you knew as soon as you walked into her kitchen. But she also saw what others did not- your strong resemblance to her youngest son. She accepted you in a way no one else had, made you feel like you finally belonged in your home, and for that you made sure to give her a gift too. The gift of youth. Sure, as you went through the Irish school system you got in more and more trouble. Sure, you ended up in the wrong crowd and in a Garda station every other night by the time you were twelve. But you taught her how to be young again, and relations saw the difference. They still couldn’t stand you, the rebellious, outspoken young girl you had become, but they saw the difference in their militaristic mother, and put it down to old age. Soon however, you ended up in secondary school, and it was in your first year here that you found out what you were. A woman walked into your class, walked straight down to your desk and started to grow claws. Suddenly, a girl in the front row tackled the woman from behind and told you to run. She found you later in the 2nd year bathrooms, and insisted you come with her to your Nan’s home. From there it was a whirlwind of color and sound, and then you were on a plane, flying to New York City. And from there, the rest is history lost in the sands of time. You ended up in camp half-blood, a place for kids like you, and you have been there ever since.

BECAUSE LOSING YOU, WAS SOMETHING I ALWAYS...

People don’t really describe you as much of anything, to be honest. Your features, while attractive in one sense, are rather plain in the other. Hair falling down your back, curling all the way. Light brown and streaks running through it, alternating between an almost red color, darker brown, and your natural. Always hanging down, rarely tied back since it never truly annoys you. You stand below the average- a sore subject for you since it became apparent you were not going to grow much taller. To counter it, you make an effort with your massive personality- it doesn’t matter if you’re small, as long as you’re loud and proud and don’t back down. Your face is oval, your features fitting well together. However, it is your eyes which many notices first. Intelligent eyes, they say. Deep brown, which seems to shift with different emotions. People have complimented them before. Your style of clothing is rather casual, your artiness coming through in the colors and styles you choose. Your shoes, always comfortable, never stray from the style you’ve gone for. Some have even said you look like Lily Collins.

DID SO WELL...

Personality wise, they call you a firecracker. Unpredictable, wild, reckless and dangerous. Uncontrollable in every way. You stand for yourself and no one else- and everyone else be damned if they expect you to be a good little girl. Your own rules are the only ones which matter, no one elses. You’ve openly defied authority before, why should Camp be any different? But people should realize that you don’t back down. You don’t follow the socially acceptable stereotype they want to see. If a fight starts out, you will be the one to enter and break it up… or, if the case comes around, you will be the one to take over and fight until the very end. Never give up, never give in. It’s your motto, and you live by it very closely. However, you also live by carpe dium. And, unfortunately for you, that means being as reckless and carefree as possible. You put yourself at incredible risk every day, just by doing that. Couple it with your extreme naivety and innocence, it’s not a good combo. See, you think the best of everyone. Literally, everyone. You don’t see the bad which others see, making you easily led. This could, unfortunately, be the death of you. Your fatal flaw is your trust in other people. And you’re shameless. Literally, shameless. There is no guilt, no regret for anything which you do- hell, the only thing stopping you from strutting around in your birthday suit every day is the fact you’d end up in a jail cell.

SEE YOUR CLOTHES, SPREAD OUT ON MY FLOOR...

No pets or special talents for you- why would you need them, really? Pets are a hassle no one needs, and as for special talents, you've got your genius level intellect rocking for you. What more do you need? As for weapons, you’re a very talented archer. You train at least once a day, just to make sure you’re always ready… always.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:10 pm

CHARACTER SEVEN; EDEN SCOFIELD

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_m0zny1VqAF1qb6g59o3_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_m0zny1VqAF1qb6g59o2_250

BASICS.

Name: Eden Maria Scofield.
Name Meaning: Delight
Nicknames & Aliases: Edee, Dee. She has a series of aliases which she uses, the main ones being Eden Taylors and Eden Matthews.

Face Claim: Random Girls & Blake Lively

Age: Eden in actuality is 26 years old, with the physical appearance of someone 19 years old. Because of this, she has a fake ID which states she is 21. Explained Later.
Date & Place of Birth: She was born in Chicago, USA, on May 19th, 1989.
Currently: Long Island, NY, USA.

Lineage: Perses, Titan of Destruction and Peace.
Claimed: Yes.

HISTORY.

Listed on Eden's birth certificate is a woman named Suzanne Scofield, a woman with a brilliant mind and amazing life opportunities. She was born into a middle class American family, was the highest scoring student in all of her classes, went to college and emerged with a degree in biotechnology. As would be expected, Suzanne's parents were incredibly proud of their only daughter, and when she made her wish to leave for New York city known, were incredibly distressed. However, there was nothing they could do to stop her. There, she worked in a well-paying job and earned more than her parents ever had.

Little is known to Eden about the years between her mother's success in college and abrupt move to NY to when she was born, but small pieces have been pieced together by the girl from what her mother's contacts have since told her. She has no idea how it came about, but somehow or another, her mother fell in with those who were seeking the resurrection of Kronos. From what she knows, Suzanne Scofield worked closely with other humans and demigods to bring about that exact outcome, along with various other jobs which she took part in while with them. It was during this period of Suzanne's life where she conceived Eden herself, and during her pregnancy had certain problems emerge. She'd long suffered nosebleeds, but tests done by a local hospital proved that she suffered a brain tumour near the frontal lobe of the cerebrum. Eden suspects that it was this news, and not her pregnancy news, which prompted her mother to run from where she was working with other Kronos supporters, back to Chicago city where she lived with her parents until Eden was born. No sooner did she emerge into the world, she was left without any carer- her mother abandoned her in an orphanage far from her parents home, leaving her to be raised by strangers.

At a point in time between Eden's 3rd birthday and her fourth, the Gods of Olympus became aware of the work which Suzanne Scofield had done, and her relations with Perses. Now, Eden has never been completely sure on what her mother did in her years working for Kronos supporters, but it must have been bad, because with Suzanne unable to serve punishment on this earth anymore- she had long since passed through to the fields of asphodel- they made the decision to instead punish her daughter. And this is where her curse comes into the story. Eden, seen to be the exact opposite of the hero the Gods believed all their children would be, was cursed never to move past her teenage years. Never to age beyond 19, never to live a normal life. Not until she had proved her worth to each of the 12 Gods, proved that she had no intention of living the life her mother created for herself.

An unsuspecting Eden spent the majority of her childhood bouncing from foster home to foster home, never staying in one for too long before she was moved. Everything about home life was unstable for her, yet she never once let her schoolwork slip. See, the brilliant mind which Suzanne Scofield had been gifted with had been passed onto her only child. Eden was gifted at certain subjects in school more than others, mainly chemistry and technology, however, her work was always top quality in each and every class. Out of everything in her life, school was the one thing which she managed to keep stable and up to scratch. No matter what home she was living in.

At thirteen years old, she was discovered by a Satyr and another demigod. Given that she had no family who would really miss her absence, there was no trouble in getting Eden away in the middle of night. When she ended up at the Kronos camp, she'd already been filled in on who she really was, and what it meant. And what she would be expected to do where she was brought.

Eden spent six years living in the Kronos camp, being taught the art of swordsmanship and various other weaponry, being taught that the Gods stood for all that was wrong and that what she was doing would lead to the greater good. For six years, she was completely brainwashed by the people surrounding her. However, at 19 years old, a woman approached her with more information regarding the mother she had long since learned to forget. Information on what she had been working on, mainly- not enough to tell the exact details, but enough- and also information on the curse which Eden had never known existed.

You'd expect a girl to hate the Gods for what they did in punishing her, and for a time, Eden did. She resented them even more for what they had done to her, just because of her blood relation to a woman she had never known. But, what she'd been told by the woman (her mother's form co-worker) was what really bothered her. With new eyes, she looked around the Kronos camp and saw. They didn't stand for the greater good, not by a long shot. She realized what they really stood for, and what she had been involved in, and Eden ran. She made it to Camp Half-Blood days later.

However, her skills were better used in other fields. Merely a few days after arriving at what she'd hoped would be her new home, Eden was tasked with returning to the place she'd fled. She was trusted, they said. She'd been there so long that she wouldn't be suspected if she... perhaps helped those that Kronos' supporters took prisoner.

Since that day, five years have passed, and she's continued her work in Kronos' camp, helping the helpless and freeing those who would otherwise me lost. Unfortunately, it means always staying one step ahead of those who would catch her out- but so far, Eden has managed it.

PERSONALITY.

ERUDITE Eden has a brilliant mind, the likes of which her mother had before her. Her knowledge goes far beyond the standard subjects she studied in school. An exceptional intellectual- in the traditional sense of the word, and the traditional meaning behind it, Eden is a genius. Yet, there's still a lot which she needs to learn and discover. She drinks new information and knowledge in, enjoying learning much more than you'd expect. She's happiest when she's sitting with a large book, or scanning new webpages for new facts and things to know. And she's certainly open for someone to explain an unfamiliar concept to her. She also loves to teach, loves to show what she knows to other people in a way which she hopes will help them learn too.

BENEVOLENCE There is not a bad bone within this girls body- something which she once regretted. In the time when she was against the Gods and everything they stood for, she hated that she couldn't raise a weapon against someone, and couldn't bring herself to harm any human being. It didn't matter if they wronged her, she had no wish for revenge. Unless it was strategically planned, of course, but even at that she regretted the decisions she made for a long time after. Her kindness is one of her biggest virtues, one of her strongest traits. She doesn't even like to carry a weapon, yet of course she will because it's expected of her.

LOYAL There is absolutely nothing which will sway this girl from anyone, even someone she has never met before. It's a virtue, and a flaw at the same time. She wouldn't think twice about standing with someone she's just met to fight, not if she trusted them. She wouldn't even think twice about throwing herself in front of them if it would provide them a few more minutes.

DETERMINATION Everything which Eden succeeds in, she succeeds in because of her firm determination. She will not give in, or give up. Nothing is too far gone, nothing is worth giving up, not until the final curtain fall. It doesn't matter how hopeless the situation- she's not one to back away as soon as the going gets tough. If she has a purpose, then you can be sure she's not going to abandon it- something which would be incredibly dangerous in the wrong situation.

HEROISM She'd have to be an odd person if she wasn't brave when faced with half the situations she faces on a daily basis. Eden is courageous, brave, never backing down even when she's struck with fear. But, one of her many childhood psychologist's stated that what she suffers is a form of the "hero syndrome". She seeks to do right, but they stated that at the same time what she wants is recognition for the good she does. Course, she insisted that she didn't, but perhaps they knew her better deep down. She needs to be needed, she needs to defend other people and be valued for what she does, and because of that Eden ends up in the stupidest situations which she ends up needing to work her way out of.

MERCIFUL More than once, Eden has shown mercy to those she shouldn't have. But her inability to harm another human is what makes it so. She's forgiving of many of the people who wrong her, although that doesn't mean she won't hold selective grudges. It makes her a phenomenon in the Kronos camp, where mercy is frowned upon.

CREATIVE/RESOURCEFUL Eden is like a girl MacGyver. And that's not over-playing her abilities. See, her intelligence, coupled with a condition of the brain which allows for a higher quantity of incoming information from certain objects means that her awareness of her surroundings is heightened to an all time high. It results in creative imagination, which in turn means she's capable of using certain items which seem completely useless in new and creative ways.

SELFLESS Eden has always been more concerned with the well-being of other people than her own, and that will probably never change. She's completely unselfish in the sense that she would give her last meal to someone more deserving, and would duck between a sword swing to save a friend or someone she's never met before. It gets her into more trouble than good, given that she's completely unconcerned with her own care of well-being, but it doesn't matter to her. In her mind, she's completely inconsequential.

UNPREDICTABLE Down until the very last moment of a plan or situation, Eden is completely unpredictable. She doesn't share anything which is in her head- well, it's very rare at least. Even when she's asked. See, she might love to teach others what she knows, but she's also reluctant to share until she's positive it'll go off without a hitch. Nothing is set in stone around her, nothing is sure to happen or sure not to happen. And, even if you think you know what she's planning, you could be proved completely wrong.

IMPATIENCE Despite how much she tries, Eden remains an incredibly impatient person. She's quickly irritated by those who question her actions and motive, and she's easily provoked too. Even if she has to, she's reluctant to wait for anything- she'd rather be continuing on with the next stage in something than resting from work for a few hours. If somethings in her mind, she won't be able to get it out until it's completely finished.

DISTRUSTFUL After trusting to wrong people for so long, Eden is wary of those she trusts now. Not that she doesn't still make the wrong choices, but she's a lot more careful. It's one reason why she shares none of her plans or ideas until the final possible moment- because she's wary of them being messed up by people who would see her fail. Unfortunately, it makes it hard for her to develop close friendships, because she's never completely convinced by them.

STUBBORN It doesn't matter if the decision is clearly a bad one, when Eden puts her mind to something she doesn't sway. Some might call this stupid- and, well, it is- but she never learns. No matter how much she's told, no matter what happens, she'll stick by her choices. Because, in her eyes, a mistake can only lead to a good thing- if she makes a mistake, and accepts that, she'll ultimately learn from it.

UNWAVERING If she trusts you (Which is rare), than Eden will never waver from your side. She'll stick with you until the end of time, and that might be called a bad decision, but it doesn't matter. She's stubborn, she's loyal, and in the end, she's completely by your side.

PHYSICAL.

Green eyes, blonde hair- the picture of an american beauty. Eden stands at 1.78 meters, with a well muscled yet feminine body, and curves which she's used to get her own way more than once. She's never looked to be someone who can hold her own- she might be taller than average, but she doesn't look like she has much physical strength. Course, she always strived to prove others wrong. But, truth is, she's more about intellectual strength than physical, and that's just how it'll always be. Eden enjoys wearing stylish, fashionable clothes, but her style is incredibly unique, and she loves headscarves especially.

IMPORTANT.

Despite the fact that Eden dislikes weapons, she owns a golden ring which when slid off transforms into a medium sized sword, inscribed with the greek letters for chaos. It was a gift from an old friend in the Kronos camp, something which she was touched to receive... but, she would have preferred a birthday cake.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:14 pm

CHARACTER EIGHT; AUBURN DEVEREUX

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_nbutznqAqZ1r5lzbfo4_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_nbutznqAqZ1r5lzbfo5_250

Revamping biography. Patience please.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 8:41 pm

CHARACTER NINE; TABITHA HAYDEN VINCENT

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n073j5C8AN1qf9almo1_250 we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_n073j5C8AN1qf9almo4_r1_250

BASICS.

Name: Tabitha Hayden Vincent
Name Meaning: Beauty, grace she’s miss united states
Nicknames & Aliases: Her brother calls her Tabs, and just about everyone else in her life has called her Tabbie. She refuses to go by Tabitha, but be warned-- the nicknames may seem adorable, but don't assume that she's the same.

Face Claim: Anna Kendrick

Date & Place of Birth: She was born in New Orleans, USA, on May 8th, 1970.
Currently: Long Island, NY, USA.

Lineage: Mnemosyne, Titan of Memory and Remembrance.
Claimed: Yes

HISTORY.

Tabitha Vincent was born on May 8th, 1970, to Clint Vincent and Mnemosyne. She wasn’t a single miracle, however-- because her twin brother was born a few minutes before her, a boy named Tobias. The two children grew up in an average home, and she dares say that her life was actually rather good. She loved their home in New Orleans, and she loved to do the normal things that people her age did… even if she prefered what the boys did than what the girls did. At fifteen, however, her easy life changed. Monsters began to attack their home routinely, and there was really nothing that they or their father could do… they just didn’t understand what was happening. The small family put up with their hardships for three years, until their father had enough.

Oh, he loved his children. He was never anything but kind to them, even when the damages to their home became too much. But there came a time when love was just not enough, and the man prayed to his lost love, not sure what else he could do-- and Mnemosyne answered him. The answer came in the form of two one way tickets to Las Vegas, and a map to none other than the Lotus Hotel and Casino. Tabitha wasn’t quite sure what to think about the sudden decision of her father to send her and Tobias to a casino… she was delighted to be allowed to do something so mature, of course, but she didn’t understand why. She didn’t argue with her father, and couldn’t help the excitement as she got her first sight of the games. Her and her brother were welcomed with open arms, given flowers, and let play even the most expensive looking of games. Somewhere along the line, she strayed from her brother’s side… and well, the next twenty six years of her life were a blur. She didn’t feel them passing. In fact, Tabitha felt like she’d only been playing games for a day, maybe less. She saw her brother once or twice, she thinks, but she can’t remember much of her time there… she doesn’t remember much full stop, really. Tabitha delighted in the freedom the casino provided her, and as the games got better and better any thought she had to question the casino disappeared.

She doesn’t really know how they got out of there-- just that one day, she was playing some sort of a slot machine, and the next she was blinking in the sunlight and taking in the sight of a world not quite the same as it had been left. Tabitha was, of course, in shock. She didn’t know what was going on, and it took her a time to take in the changes that had happened. But as she started to adjust, it was clear that she was doing a better job than Tobias. Something about the changes of the world fascinated her. Rather than cower from them, she threw herself into learning about the new world. When she entered the Lotus Hotel, Ronald Reagan was president. But America getting their first black president wasn’t the biggest change, and she really loved learning all about everything.

After being found by the satyr and being escorted to Camp, things really did start to look up for Tabs. For the first time since leaving the Lotus hotel, not only was she starting to understand absolutely everything, but she really felt like she belonged. She’s aware that her twin isn’t having as easy a time as her, but Tabs really doesn’t know how bad it is for him-- she’s just concerned about fitting in and getting over her crush on Patrick Swayze.

PERSONALITY.

TOUGH COOKIE A lot of people always expected Tabitha to be a bit of a girly girl-- after all, as a child, she certainly was. However, as she grew, she developed this way of acting. She became more of a tomboy, and started to act tough. By doing so, she became tough, and now even though she’s out of her depth in a brand new world, she’s still the same.

ANALYTICAL/RATIONAL Tabs is logical. She approaches things with a very sure way of thinking, and in a way, it’s helped her in adjusting to camp and the new world. She knows that they can’t go back to their rightful time, and that they’re just going to have to live with it, and she’s okay with that. In fact, she enjoys the challenge of actually learning to live in 2014.

FOCUSED Tabitha knows what she wants, and she also knows just how to get it. Once her mind is set, she achieves her goal-- because she remains focused on the task at hand, rather than others. Most people are surprised by just how attentive she can be, but it’s all apart of her learning process. To learn about this time, she needs to focus on the differences and get used to them… so she does.

HONEST/INSENSITIVE Tabs has this way of talking to people, where she says the first things that pop into her mind and doesn’t really filter anything. She’s honest, and she often blurts out the most offensive things possible, and it’s certainly gotten her into plenty of trouble. Because she’s so honest, she’s often described as being insensitive, and in a way that describes her perfectly.

ADJUSTED/ADAPTABLE Unlike her twin, Tabitha has thrived in the new time, and is absolutely loving the new world that they’re in. She’s always been able to adapt to certain situations-- she’s always been the type of person who can come up with any sort of plan, in a split second.

PERFECTIONIST Everything that Tabitha does, she does it with perfection. She makes sure that things are always just right, and if it isn’t, it has to be changed.

INADVERTENTLY APATHETIC Without meaning to, Tabitha has lost her empathy. In a way, she’s lost touch with people around her-- with them all being from such a different time to her, it makes them not real to her. She doesn’t even know it, really. But without meaning to, Tabs can often be horrible to others. Most thing that she doesn’t really care, because she doesn’t really show much interest in anything but her own world-- others call it selfish.

SELF-ASSURED Tabitha is completely confident in her own abilities, and it really shows in everything she does. There’s no uncertainty when she says something.

UNRELIABLE Truthfully, Tabs is possibly one of the most unreliable people you could come across.

PHYSICAL.

Tabitha has the same classic good looks as her brother, however, there are noticeable differences between the two. While their hair is almost the same shade, their eyes are quite different. She has steel cold grey eyes, very unlike her brother’s blue. She favors classic outfits, ones which would have been popular when she was eighteen, and often can be seen wandering around looking like a blast from the past.

IMPORTANT.

She uses a standard camp sword.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:25 pm

CHARACTER TEN; UNNAMED FEMALE

we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_inline_mpu6a0cs8x1qz4rgp we were never welcome here;; Tumblr_inline_mpu69wTjOx1qz4rgp

BASICS.

Name:
Name Meaning:
Nicknames & Aliases:

Face Claim: Alona Tal

Date & Place of Birth:
Currently:

Lineage:
Claimed:

HISTORY.

PERSONALITY.

PHYSICAL.

IMPORTANT.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we were never welcome here;;   we were never welcome here;; I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we were never welcome here;;
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Character Submission-
Jump to: