Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i tried not to throw stones :: may

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

i tried not to throw stones :: may Empty
PostSubject: i tried not to throw stones :: may   i tried not to throw stones :: may I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 9:50 pm

i tried not to throw stones :: may Tumblr_ndi3ew8kDD1qfrlc5o5_250
little drummer boy
The day itself started out okay, with bright blue skies and some fluffy clouds that promised to bring rain later on, weather permitting. Archer liked rain, it was his favorite element. It used to be fire until the day with the explosion, and ever since then the demigod has scorned it and would go anywhere near it. He wasn’t afraid of it, he just didn’t like it as much as he used to. Fire brought death and destruction upon him, taking away all he had ever known and loved. Rain brought life and rebirth, coldness and numbness which he was so used to nowadays. Archer walked along the dusty path with Landon, and they were going nowhere in particular. They traveled in a pair now, too hell bent on saving the other person from gods know what. Landon had dragged Archer out of bed, despite him not wanting to go. Apparently it wasn’t healthy to stay inside all day moping about.

So here they were, walking in silence. There wasn’t really anything to say, as Archer’s social growth had gone down and he hadn’t had as many experiences as Landon had, which was understandable, seeing as he was missing a very important aspect of normal society: his hearing. Hearing had offered Landon the world, and Archer wanted his brother to go out and have fun without him. But today was clearly twin day. As they walked, some kids came up, big and buff and tough looking, with buzz cuts and strong jaws; obviously children of ares or some other mean god. Archer wasn’t sure if people knew about his disability or not, as both he and Landon kept it both hush hush. However, these kids were moving their mouths, pointing at their own ears and laughing at Archer. He knew they were laughing at him, he knew what was happening but he couldn’t stop it.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i tried not to throw stones :: may   i tried not to throw stones :: may I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 1:21 pm

i tried not to throw stones :: may Tumblr_nex27l0cDX1tqfhzjo3_250i tried not to throw stones :: may Tumblr_nex27l0cDX1tqfhzjo4_250
Landon Alexander Thrush

Landon woke up early, he did that a lot. For a couple of hours he sat around the cabin reading, before ultimately deciding to wake Archer up. Bored out of his mind he imagined that it could only be the same for his twin. And in order to save himself from eternal boredom, he decided that they need to get out of the cabin and go do something. So after taking five minutes to get ready, and stopping for a quick breakfast the two are walking through the forest. Landon isn't sure why he chose to come here, but it's peaceful and he likes it.

As they walk, Landon can't help but watch his twin. Sometimes he wonders what Archer does all day, what he thinks about. It's an odd thing to wonder, but because of his twin's impediment he can't help but be curious. He'll never ask though, that would be incredibly rude and in a way just shoving it into Archer's face. So instead he's content with just wondering.

The eerie silence of walking through the forest without speaking sends chills down his spine. He knows that this was self inflicted and he wishes that maybe he had decided to go to the library. That and the fact that it looks like it's about to rain. Deciding that it's best to leave, he runs up to Archer and places a hand on his shoulder. He then holds his hands up and begins to sign to his brother. "Let's leave"he asks as he raises an eyebrow. He's not sure what Archer will respond but he hopes it's a yes.

That's when the kids arrive. Just by looking at them Landon is able to tell that they most be offspring of Ares. His reaction is to tense up, as his grip on Archer's shoulder tightens. He prays that they'll pass through and take no notice of the twins. Of course he thought to soon, as the group of kids stop. When they open their mouths and begin to say some not so nice things, Landon steps away from Archer his blood boiling. "Hey assholes"he calls out to them as he clenches his fists. "Why don't you pick on someone who can actually understand you"he says, "Or are you too afraid that if the person you're picking on could hear you that they'd beat the shit out of you?"he asks, taunting them. He then watches as the kids exchange looks before looking back at him. "Come at me"he states as he holds his arms out waiting for the kids to run at him. Is it stupid? Yes it's the stupidest thing he's ever done, but there's a slight chance that it might work.

As the kids run at him, Landon simply ducks and sticks his arm out at the same time tripping one of them. As he falls it causes his sibling to trip over him. That's two down, now about three more to go. He can do this, he can do this. Quickly standing up he turns and runs towards the treeline. "Come and get me"he yells as he zig-zags through the trees, before taking a sharp turn and doubling back. He's going for a strategy of where they'll get annoyed to the point of where they just give up. Either that or they'll beat the shit out of him and leave Archer alone. Either one works for him, as long as they don't mess with Archer. 
I changed it from him beating them up to him making them look stupid, because I realized Landon's probably not much of a fighter.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: i tried not to throw stones :: may   i tried not to throw stones :: may I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:46 pm

i tried not to throw stones :: may Tumblr_ndi3ew8kDD1qfrlc5o5_250
little drummer boy
Before going deaf, Archer had never been subjected to bullying. Indeed he was one of the most popular kids at school, being able to do almost anything he set his mind to. He even got a hard solo in music class, and all the girls wanted to go out with him. It wasn’t hard to say that nearly everyone loved him, and the ones who didn’t kept their mouths shut. Archer had a big enough support that if anyone dared harm a hair on his head there would be ten people at least ready to beat the offender. Besides, the demigod was nice to everything, so he didn’t really have any enemies anyways. So to be bullied now was odd to him, although it didn’t matter. Even if he could hear, Archer wouldn’t have cared. Most of the boys here had worse pasts than he did, and they had problems that ran deep in their minds, so he brushed off whatever they said. When Landon suggested they leave, Archer shook his head. He liked the rain, he liked the smell and the feeling of drops on his skin, it was very soothing to him, so maybe going out with his brother wasn’t all bad. ‘No. You’re the one who wanted to come here.’ He signed to his twin, slightly frowning. The sky wasn’t completely grey yet, there might still be time to circle the forest once before heading back home. Archer kept on walking until the boys showed up, at which time he watched Landon very carefully. 

Landon, especially now that Archer’s hearing had almost completely gone, was extremely protective. It bothered him sometimes, because he didn’t need protection in the form of his baby brother. He wanted to scream at his brother to hold back, to deal with the bullies himself, but there wasn’t any way to do it. ‘Landon, stop!’ Archer signed frantically, trying to get his twin to stop from doing something reckless and stupid. ‘Please, I can’t even hear what they’re saying, it doesn’t matter!’ He grabbed hold of his brother’s shoulder, meaning to yank him back. But it was no use, as he’d already started screaming, and Archer could tell from the words on his lips that he was taunting them. Actually, the deaf boy could vaguely tell what the Ares children were saying, as he’d gotten better with lip reading. “Dirty half breed!” They screamed at him. They probably were referring to his lineage. “You’re just a deaf asshole with no friends!” The demigod tried not to flinch at that remark. While Landon continued to draw attention to himself, Archer stood helplessly, hearing his own heartbeat thump loudly in his chest. Ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum. 

Then his twin started to run away from him, into the forests with the five boys chasing after him. Archer clutched his hair in exasperation. He really didn’t need this today. He had hoped that it would just be a peaceful walk in the woods with his brother, but apparently the gods wanted to torment him even more. “Landon!” Archer screamed, though how loud and how furious and worried he sounded he wasn’t sure. He chased after his brother. He didn’t need protecting all the time. Whatever the boys said — he could handle with grace and ease and pretend that it didn’t bother him. Landon didn’t need to get himself beat up over Archer, because then the guilt that he would feel would be so great he’d slump back in dull depression. While searching the trees for his twin, Archer ran into one of the surviving bullies and fell onto the dirty ground. The boy sneered at the demigod, pulling back his fist. Archer scrambled backwards, hitting a tree and splintering up his hands. He brought his arms up to his face, waiting for the pain to erupt on his body.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: i tried not to throw stones :: may   i tried not to throw stones :: may I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:37 am

you say i look fine, if only you knew what was on my mind you'd see a whole different side, i couldn't show you even if i tried.
landon thrush
Landon is pissed to say the least, the idea of someone picking on his brother is not okay. He's going to get his revenge on these assholes, no matter what Archer says. His brother might not be able to hear their cruel words, but he can and he can't tolerate hearing it. They're cruel and vile, and no one deserves to be called those things. So yeah he's going to do it.

Just then that's when Landon hears screaming. He stops in his tracks and turns to face his brother. He has to cover his years as he listens to Archer telling him to stop. Maybe he should stop this, it's what Archer wants. Sighing he turns and looks at the boys, "Get out of here you assholes"he tells them he then folds his arms across his chest as he watches them leave. He's just glad they left, although he has a sickening feeling that he's going to pay for this later.

Landon bites his lip as he walks over to Archer. "I'm sorry"he signs to him as he stares into his brothers eyes. "Yeah you might not be able to hear them, but I can and it hurts to hear what they said"he adds as he stares down at his brother's hands. "I'm sorry for how I handled it"he admits as he lets out a sigh. Now hopefully the two of them can enjoy a nice time in the forest, even though that sounds incredibly weird.
i must have got lost in time when i found out i was only free to be, where ever i want to be
.:Coded by Wicked at CHB:.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i tried not to throw stones :: may   i tried not to throw stones :: may I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i tried not to throw stones :: may
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The CHB Forest-
Jump to: